AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 21:05   Link #121
VDZ

I take back what I said about I/O's scripts not being hard to extract. I got as far as determining that the scripts are in Rio.arc, and that the '.arc' extension and the text 'WSC' followed by a list of script files seem to imply it's using the Will Co. Engine (from Will) for some reason, and some tools recognize it as such. The resulting script files are complete gibberish, though, however their names and file sizes look correct.
Unfortunately I am not an awesome hacker, so I can't magically determine how the game loads from the script files...I guess a hacker is needed to extract the scripts after all.
In case there are any lurking hackers that want to look at the script file despite not having the game installed: http://www.mediafire.com/?rpw80pqg2hkzwmq

I started the game a bit and "played" to the OP (I don't actually know enough Japanese, so I couldn't read it), and it looks awesome.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 09:05   Link #122
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Finished I/O
Took me 30 hours, and I skimmed through the technobabble parts which make up a large part of the story.
Nakazawa's love for science killed me here, I really hope he will love it less when making √w

Spoiler for My thought (maybe some slightly spoilers):
Old 2010-12-22, 11:59   Link #123
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I've been playing I/O recently as well. I like it so far, though I don't really mind the technobabble because it's at least relevant to the plot. This is a heavy contrast to 12Riven, where barely any of the technobabble is relevant to the plot. Also, I see the technobabble as more as a "challenge" to me, since I still intend to translate it. The mood is also a bit different from an Infinity game, though I chalk that up to Romeo Tanaka and the other scenario writer (whose name escapes me right now)'s involvement.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-12-22 at 12:15.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:19   Link #124
ramengud

Question about I/O? Is it better than 12 riven and R11?
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 21:41   Link #125
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

@GundamAce: I agree, but it's still too long for my taste.
I see that Nakazawa was beating around the bush too much. Yes, he didn't have to give us info right away, but it's true that he's made things much longer than it should be.
About the mood, I don't know. Because Ever 17 and Remember 11, and even 12Riven already have different moods.

@ramengud: It's hard to say. Each has both good points and bad points, so it really depends on your taste.
Spoiler for Comparison:
Old 2010-12-22, 22:16   Link #126
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramengud View Post
Question about I/O? Is it better than 12 riven and R11?
Well, I haven't actually finished it yet, so I can't really say, but given the fact that I ended up being disappointed with R11 (though not to the same extreme as some other people.) and I consider 12R average so far, I definitely like I/O better than 12R, but I can't say if it's better than R11 until the end.

@TheForesaken I'd have to disagree, I found R11's cast the worst out of the Infinity series, mostly because them game only made me care about 3-4 characters. In every other Infinity game, I ended up caring for most, if not all of the "good" characters (I say "good", because 12R has visible villains, unlike most of the Infinity series.)
Old 2010-12-22, 22:18   Link #127
ramengud

Thanks for the insights.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 01:28   Link #128
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

@GundamAce: Well, it's just my way of thinking, but I always take a neutral stance when judging a character. That's why I rarely like or hate a character (of course there are exceptions, but they're very few). So I don't use "care" as a way to measure how good the cast is.

The cast in E17 is too similar to the cast in other generic romance/harem VN. I don't hate it, but I prefer something is different, and R11 is something like that. A character like Yomogi having a big role in the story will always get the welcome from me.
12R is somewhat different too, but its plot is too silly for me to take it seriously.
Old 2010-12-24, 03:33   Link #129
u43368
Disabled By Request

I finally finished it. End was better than I expected. However I hate how, in order to understand most of the plot, you have to go look at a bunch of obscure bad ends.

Spoiler for everything:
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 03:44   Link #130
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I finally finished it. End was better than I expected. However I hate how, in order to understand most of the plot, you have to go look at a bunch of obscure bad ends.

Spoiler for everything:
Spoiler for Bad Endings:

Incidentally, on a somewhat creepy note, my flight back to my college takes place on 1/11/11! Wish me luck, people!
Old 2010-12-27, 17:02   Link #131
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for Remember11 Bad Ending Walkthrough:
are you sure about that? i did this, and the game just proceeded to day 6.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 17:10   Link #132
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
are you sure about that? i did this, and the game just proceeded to day 6.
You have to increase the Mayuzumi Stress Meter as well (see Bad Ending #7). I'll change the guide to reflect this.
Old 2010-12-28, 03:56   Link #133
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Uwahhh~ Finally finished the two good ends and a few bad ends. I first went through the game without a walkthrough and made it till Day 4 with the stabbing end. So I decided to use a walkthrough then.

Of course like many, I raged at the epilogue ending I was waiting to see what would happen and then it happens like that uguu ;W; I feel that if I skipped the epilogue the ending would have been good enough for me...

Though after reading the thread, I guess I better aim for 100% and the bad endings to grab more information, tips, & CGs. @w@ So many bad endings to go throughhh.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:19   Link #134
Narumi
*Fansubber

So is everyone ready for the next Infinity Series game?

I present to you, http://www.cyberfront.co.jp/title/code_18/.
Old 2010-12-28, 05:59   Link #135
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

We're ready, and actually there's already a thread about it
Old 2010-12-28, 07:35   Link #136
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Just 13 more bad ends to go~ Wow, the bad ends really do give some more information.

Code18, oohh wonder how that will be.

Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura

Last edited by Katsu Koneko; 2010-12-28 at 10:51. Reason: completed more bad ends
Old 2010-12-28, 16:39   Link #137
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
You have to increase the Mayuzumi Stress Meter as well (see Bad Ending #7). I'll change the guide to reflect this.
i don't think i can increase it any higher just to be safe i tried doing again it like in the walkthrough (after you changed it), and it still progressess to day 6. i have no clue.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 22:49   Link #138
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

I'm having the same problem as desirebluesky.

Also... 95% done @w@ Just need that ending & then the Genocide of the Mountain Shelter Refugees End and I think I've finished all the bad endings...

Just need help getting tips 72, 89-92, 99-110 and this Satoru CG.

Last edited by Katsu Koneko; 2010-12-29 at 10:21. Reason: Found a few tips & CGs
Old 2011-01-04, 21:12   Link #139
Haille

Can anyone give me any hint how to unstuck from the Satoru's 4th day ending? cause no matter choice i choose it always get this ending,and yes i followed the walkthrough too and the same ending happened .
Thanks in advance.
Haille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:22   Link #140
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

If you got a Bad Ending, you're going to have to play through Kokoro's Route all over again until you get her Good Ending again. Only then can you advance.

I know from experience, except that it happened to me on Day 1.

Tags
visual novel