AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-06, 22:10   Link #21
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Saiyuki used to be one of my favorite shows...It also has the distinction of being the last Anime DVD I ever rented from Blockbuster before I discovered interweb dling^^...

Just watched ep 1 of Nurarihyon No Mago, and I'm not sure it's funny enuff or serious enuff..Has an Inuyasha feel...I'll have to watch a couple more eps...

Looking for Galaxy Angel too, but it looks like Beelzebub is gonna win the Gintama spot in my weekly lineup...I just need a good sword fighter to replace Bleach now...
Old 2012-04-07, 05:43   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So you still need something to replace Bleach? Hmm... have you seen Busou Renkin? I gotta say the beginning of the series is almost identical to Bleach: a boy saw a mysterious girl being attacked by a monster, the boy tries to help, the mysterious girl give the boy a power to defeat the monster (which involves a big sword like Ichigo’s initial Zanpakutou), the girl pay the price for giving the power to the boy. It’s almost similar to the first arc of Bleach. Oh yeah, the author is the same guy who wrote Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) but only has 24-26 episodes if I’m not mistaken (unlike Bleach).

If you’re looking for a long-term show, then yeah, D.Gray-man is a good choice. Even though the MC is not a sword wielder, one of his friend is. Also, I think It has better ensemble-cast/characters than Busou Renkin (not saying that the characters in Busou Renkin are bad).
Old 2012-04-07, 09:36   Link #23
kitten320

Yeh, I have same opinion on Reborn
I expected something more after all the praise I heard.