AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-24, 04:53   Link #81
LevelSeven

^i like it more because it feels a lot more "understandable" than the original,

i can see Koichi as his own person, he doesnt have any goals, he doesnt give big talks, doesnt change peoples minds, doesnt have anything special etc, he is a person in the world, and the hero-thing isnt all he has, its in the truest sense "a hobby", he would be bored and sad but not devastated if he couldnt do the hero thing anymore,

the side chars are also entertaining without relying on to much "oh we need shounen-flavor thrown into this",

basically all around the spin off is feels like a more mature version of BNHA and therefore im more digging that story than the original
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 08:37   Link #82
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Those spoilers are really exciting.

Spoiler:
Me too, this is exciting news.
I can't wait for next chapter also the current chapter is pretty interesting with introduction of detective guy sister (At this point Detective guy theory being villain is obsolete now because spin off) and the lore introduction of seven heroes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Is this why some people like the spin off more than the main series? It make up what the main series lack.
Like LevelSeven said Vigilante story is mature than BnH the story isn't cliched with shounen formula, Koichi is lame guy as Deku but he wasn't filled with the all shounen troupes like Deku.
The villain and heroes in Vigilante also portrayed better than main series where their role are being played more clear to genuine villain and heroes image from classical superhero comics. That being said i likes better Eraserhead in Vigilante than from main series version.
One things make Vigilante better than main series is :
Vigilante explore the society aspect of BnH where main series only explore the aspect within U.A school and the involved characters in smaller scale.
This making Vigilante has bigger influence to shaping BnH world setting than main series where we can see from recent chapter especially from chapter 13 and 14
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 02:14   Link #83
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Me too, this is exciting news.
I can't wait for next chapter also the current chapter is pretty interesting with introduction of detective guy sister (At this point Detective guy theory being villain is obsolete now because spin off) and the lore introduction of seven heroes.

Like LevelSeven said Vigilante story is mature than BnH the story isn't cliched with shounen formula, Koichi is lame guy as Deku but he wasn't filled with the all shounen troupes like Deku.
The villain and heroes in Vigilante also portrayed better than main series where their role are being played more clear to genuine villain and heroes image from classical superhero comics. That being said i likes better Eraserhead in Vigilante than from main series version.
One things make Vigilante better than main series is :
Vigilante explore the society aspect of BnH where main series only explore the aspect within U.A school and the involved characters in smaller scale.
This making Vigilante has bigger influence to shaping BnH world setting than main series where we can see from recent chapter especially from chapter 13 and 14
Um what villains? The only thing we have close to a villain in Vigilante is Hachisuka, or Stain, but he is in the main series.
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 11:51   Link #84
LevelSeven

^there is the bee-girl and also the "man behind the drugs", so there is a bigger plot going on behind the surface
Old 2017-10-09, 05:19   Link #85
Twi

It updated. Popularity was a key factor in deciding who the heroes were. And the only reason he didn't get caught was because of his name.
Old 2017-10-09, 06:12   Link #86
salamander750

^ When you said that, it look like a hero or a vilain is decided by the number of the people, which is kind of depressing.
Old 2017-10-09, 07:27   Link #87
LevelSeven

ch13

good chapter, liked how there was more explanation for how heroes came to be, it is always popularity

anyway: cant wait for the next two chapters, a really REALLLLLY interesting person will appear
Old 2017-10-09, 22:38   Link #88
Wandering Soul

Morals of the story: Popularity can determine how society views you
- Sometimes people getting your name wrong can be a blessing in disguise
- Pop=best butt
Old 2017-10-09, 23:34   Link #89
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
It updated. Popularity was a key factor in deciding who the heroes were. And the only reason he didn't get caught was because of his name.
This also confirmed the top heroes we known are not necessarily strongest heroes.
Old 2017-10-10, 01:46   Link #90
salamander750

^ But usually they are though, like what happened with athletes, the most famous is most likely to be the best.
Old 2017-10-10, 03:32   Link #91
LevelSeven

Quote:
^ But usually they are though, like what happened with athletes, the most famous is most likely to be the best.
best hero =/= strongest hero =/= #1 hero,

you can be the best hero because you do exactly what a hero does, but neither do you need to be the strongest or the #1 for that,

you can be the strongest hero, but not give a shit about any other stuff other than fighting and that would mean you arent #1 or the best hero,

you can be #1 with just doing the popular cases that get a lot of media attention, and that doesnt make you neither the best or the strongest hero
Old 2017-10-10, 04:07   Link #92
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
best hero =/= strongest hero =/= #1 hero,

you can be the best hero because you do exactly what a hero does, but neither do you need to be the strongest or the #1 for that,

you can be the strongest hero, but not give a shit about any other stuff other than fighting and that would mean you arent #1 or the best hero,

you can be #1 with just doing the popular cases that get a lot of media attention, and that doesnt make you neither the best or the strongest hero
Exactly, this lead for possibility there are heroes whom stronger than AM or Endeavor in japan but unknown to anybody because them prefer low profile.
Old 2017-10-10, 11:31   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Captain Celebrity represents everything Stain hates. His name alone should make him want to kill him. He doesn't seem like a bad guy though. He's just way too narcissistic.
Old 2017-10-10, 11:43   Link #94
Twi

His name is Captain Celebrity. Stain would put him at the top of the list of targets to go down first.
Old 2017-10-10, 15:13   Link #95
Wandering Soul

We finally meet the American hero and it turns out that he is a huge prick. He embodies everything that Stain hates.
Old 2017-10-10, 23:12   Link #96
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Okay i found my new favorite hero now, Say hi to Captain Celebrity. Our Tony Stark with Superman power.
Quote:
His name is Captain Celebrity. Stain would put him at the top of the list of targets to go down first.
Well, that is if Stain could him though.
Old 2017-12-04, 15:51   Link #97
Twi

Viz released up to Chapter 18 on their site, free to read.
Old 2017-12-05, 09:29   Link #98
Slayerx

Quote:
Oh and some great chapters too with a few new twists
Spoiler:
Old 2017-12-05, 10:10   Link #99
salamander750

Quote:
Err, some how I can't read it, can you show me the link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Oh and some great chapters too with a few new twists
Spoiler:
Yeah, some people like present MIC or the glowing baby manifest their power since they were born, 4 is just the maximum age.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-12-05 at 10:15. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row; use Edit button instead.
Old 2017-12-05, 11:40   Link #100
Twi

Quote:
Err, some how I can't read it, can you show me the link?

I think I can since it's a legal site:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...15/6429?read=1

You need to have adobe flash player though. It didn't work on Chrome for me, but it did on Firefox.

So much for secret identities though. I still laughed at Knuckle Duster's introduction.