Old 2019-04-09, 22:01   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spy x Family

Mangaplus page

Images
cover art
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaplus Synopsis
The master spy codenamed <Twilight> has spent his days on undercover missions, all for the dream of a better world. But one day, he receives a particularly difficult new order from command. For his mission, he must form a temporary family and start a new life?! A Spy/Action/Comedy about a one-of-a-kind family!
Found this, and it's really, really great with just the two chapters up so far. But damnit, it seems to be biweekly, and I need MOAR!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 22:05   Link #2
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Yeah, this manga is really awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing what ths crazy family will get up to next.

The Cold War-type setting is quite fresh as well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 22:42   Link #3
Random14

Pretty good first two chapters. Huh, so its bi-weekly? I was wondering about that schedule since it doesn't seem quite like a monthly series. I'm not sure how long it can go with these jokes but so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 00:45   Link #4
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Father is a spy , adopted daughter is an esper who can read people mind and mother is an assassin ......
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 01:51   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Pretty good first two chapters. Huh, so its bi-weekly? I was wondering about that schedule since it doesn't seem quite like a monthly series. I'm not sure how long it can go with these jokes but so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
I only assumed it was bi-weekly based on the release dates of each chapter, which seems to be every two weeks (the next one is on April 22).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2019-04-10, 02:15   Link #6
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yo, I'm so glad you made a thread for this. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

This manga is pretty damn good. If I had to compare it to something I've seen before, it'd be the manga equivalent of Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but a little more stylish/flashy in presentation and they have a kid.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 06:23   Link #7
James Rye

This manga is awesome. It's well liked. It will get an anime for sure in the future. <3
Old 2019-04-21, 22:56   Link #8
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 3 is now up.

I'm loving this dysfunctional family more, especially since despite Twilight seeming to be the cool head in the family, it's actually Anya that's the glue that binds them together. Yoru's love of all things capable of making a (literally) bloody mess would be creepy in any other circumstance, but seems oddly adorable here for some reason.

Next Chapter will be out May 6.

Old 2019-04-22, 01:48   Link #9
Random14

Its pretty funny seeing the two adults blundering about while Anya with her powers is the only one who has a decent idea of what's going on. Well, kind of understands what's going on. When the girl with psychic powers is probably the person closest to normal in the family, that's not a good sign.

If we ever see Yoru's brother, wonder how he turned out. Lloyd has a long way to go if he wants his "family" to look normal.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 04:52   Link #10
James Rye

This is so god! Dad a spy, Mom a hit(wo)man, Daughter an Esper and they all work so well together. <3
I love the Dad's worries about his fake family making it through the interview and trying to turn the "amateurs" into a high class family with opera, museum and luuxus restaurants just to watch them sleep, be weird about the art or weird about the food (loved Yoru caressing the knife or watching the guillotine in awe XD). Anya with her esper power really took a mental beating with all those negative thoughts and emotions at that public speech there. I really liked their family moment catching that thief and getting thanked by the old lady. A shame they haven't kissed yet but dad's a Tsundere, Tsunderes always take time with intimate stuff. <3
Old 2019-05-05, 11:12   Link #11
p-kun

I'm in love with this series and I wish I discovered this when there are more chapters.

Spoiler for Chaper 4 spoiler:
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 13:10   Link #12
James Rye

How can every chapter be so incredible fun and good? xDDD

Spoiler for Top Kek (no real spoiler, but fits our critical anime viewers in this forum quite well):

Last edited by James Rye; 2019-05-05 at 14:27.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 19:22   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For the people who haven't read it yet:

Spy x Family Chapter 4

The Folger's dapper scores are off the roof I like how the chapters are getting into the dynamic where while Twilight is still the most competent and mission focused of the three, the other two get their time to shine with their own talents. The housemaster stood no chance against such ELEGANCE!

Next chapter is on the 19th.

Old 2019-05-06, 00:02   Link #14
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Truly élégance
And for a spy , he still haven't figured out Yoru is an assassin which is weird .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 01:25   Link #15
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Just got shown this, and

Images
Sunnova-
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2019-05-06, 01:29   Link #16
Tenzen12

That's stroke of genius
Old 2019-05-06, 08:46   Link #17
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
How can every chapter be so incredible fun and good? xDDD

Spoiler for Top Kek (no real spoiler, but fits our critical anime viewers in this forum quite well):
That is elegant and clever .
Old 2019-05-19, 10:22   Link #18
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 5 is out!

Spoiler:

Next chapter out on June 6.

Old 2019-05-19, 11:09   Link #19
James Rye

I already know which teacher gonna try to make Anya's life hell. Awww, those three are so precious with how much they already care for each other. <3
Old 2019-05-19, 11:23   Link #20
p-kun

It was heartbreaking to see Anya crying over her real mommy (hopefully we'll see the flashback later) and over fearing that her new family may be disbanded.

Since Lloyd had the room bugged, shouldn't he hear the teachers' conversation afterwards? Or perhaps the receiver got destroyed along with the table.

Tags
action, spy thriller