AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-10-26, 21:15   Link #121
zztop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Also, while Ayakashi Triangle is apparently popular... I have to wonder, why didn't Yabuki just go with a female lead instead, if he apparently wants to keep Matsuri as a girl. Unless between this and Riko, Yabuki has a genderbending fetish that he now is determined to use in his works.
Yabuki's reusing the genderbend premise and character designs from a 2019 Valentine's Day WSJ oneshot.
https://mangadex.org/title/34560/leo-x-leo

Albeit much more fleshed out, of course.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 05:04   Link #122
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
Please don't let Matsuri return into a dude
wuhugm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 14:03   Link #123
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Please don't let Matsuri return into a dude
The genderbent mark is glowing at the end of the latest chapter... oh no no no.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 18:48   Link #124
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^Nooooooo!

The seal is released oh no...

This page is so enticing tho



wuhugm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 09:01   Link #125
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
This was a good chapter. Really liked that the villain had lied about his power to use the misinformation against Matsuri. Too many villains explain their powers for 1-2 pages and it is actually the truth which is soooo annoying.
I also liked Shirogane not telling Matsuri and Suzu everything because a king does not work with human peasants. He waited till Matsuri died to steal the scroll and free himself and saved Suzu but for all we know he did so to eat her himself. If I were Suzu or Matsuri I would trust Shirogane less after this happening because it is clear that he is out for himself and has no qualms of what happens to Matsuri to get his freedom. Obviously Suzu won't see it that way but I hope Matsuri remains distrustful when he revives.

Gotta admit Matsuri's jobbing level is really close to Sakura's level especially when you compare him to Ninokuru who slays a whole army of Inyos by himself in a cool flash move. He wins against fodder level but that's it. Shirogane was caught using his grandfather's scroll he worked on for ages, the Ink guy was never a serious opponent to begin with and this human ayakashi just wiped the floor with him. If you compare Matsuri's successes with what other series mcs accomplished at 19 chapters then he doesn't have much to write home about.
I've got a feeling that this lose might be the actual starting point for Matsuri's growth as a Ninja Exorcist. At least I hope he grows much stronger than he is now in future arcs. Also with his haku eaten and him being "dead" isn't this the perfect opportunity for Suzu to fill Matsuri with her Haku to replace the lost parts? If so would that make him more "female" as now not only Shirogane's Haku will be mixed with his but also Suzu's? Well, either that or he changes back to a boy because the seal has been broken and Shirogane releases him for whatever reason? Or will his situation turn into a Ranma 1/2 one where he switches to male/female due some reason? What do you all think will happen next week in regards to that?
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 11:29   Link #126
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The genderbent mark is glowing at the end of the latest chapter... oh no no no.
What if it goes the other way and Matsuri becomes stronger but even more feminine?

Shirogane has his full power now, so it's not like the seal would weaken.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 07:55   Link #127
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
I view it in different way though I do agree that Matsuri is likely becoming female for good this time, Shirogane seal is effectively what keeping Matsuri alive if this ordeal is over rather than just the seal weaken or stronger.

From the chapter with the artist Ayakashi, We know that Ayakashi is all Haku and Ninja can only use Kon. While in this chapter, the Jinyo claim that he eat Haku, even in the real abilities that he lies and he also claim that Matsuri Haku taste like Shirogane. If the Jinyo eat all of Matsuri Haku, and the seal is connecting Matsuri with Shirogane, the only way Matsuri are going to live is using Shirogane Haku, which in this chance, Shirogane is unsealed and likely going to have enough for Matsuri to be using. So using the genderswap seal as the bridge for the energy, no chance whatsover to turn back to male or even survive without the genderswap seal. In fact, Matsuri is likely to turn half Ayakshi at least after this if she use Shirogane Haku, which realistically right now the only way for Matsuri to survive and keep Shirogane on their side. This might be especially more true if Shirogane actually don't have much control over their connections, as it technically tied the 2 lives together.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 08:14   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I view it in different way though I do agree that Matsuri is likely becoming female for good this time, Shirogane seal is effectively what keeping Matsuri alive if this ordeal is over rather than just the seal weaken or stronger.

From the chapter with the artist Ayakashi, We know that Ayakashi is all Haku and Ninja can only use Kon. While in this chapter, the Jinyo claim that he eat Haku, even in the real abilities that he lies and he also claim that Matsuri Haku taste like Shirogane. If the Jinyo eat all of Matsuri Haku, and the seal is connecting Matsuri with Shirogane, the only way Matsuri are going to live is using Shirogane Haku, which in this chance, Shirogane is unsealed and likely going to have enough for Matsuri to be using. So using the genderswap seal as the bridge for the energy, no chance whatsover to turn back to male or even survive without the genderswap seal. In fact, Matsuri is likely to turn half Ayakshi at least after this if she use Shirogane Haku, which realistically right now the only way for Matsuri to survive and keep Shirogane on their side. This might be especially more true if Shirogane actually don't have much control over their connections, as it technically tied the 2 lives together.
That makes sense. What I wonder is if he'll remain a girl forever or if Suzu's eventual mastery of her powers will "cure" him.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 08:41   Link #129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So Matsuri's going to turn into a catgirl?

And Suzu'll master her powers because she wants the D. Yeah, it does seem to be the direction things are going.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 12:37   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
He turned back into a guy!

It's obviously not going to last though. Fematsuri has been the main source of fanservice, no way she'll disappear.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 13:28   Link #131
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
If from now on he stays as a guy at least 50% of the time I might go back to this series, but I don't think it's going to happen.
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 16:07   Link #132
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Damn, we're Ranma 1/2 now? Or will this be a one thing only thing? In any case, Suzu was really cool this chapter. Matsuri gonna need to look out for a new job once she manages to control her powers.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 16:16   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Damn, we're Ranma 1/2 now? Or will this be a one thing only thing? In any case, Suzu was really cool this chapter. Matsuri gonna need to look out for a new job once she manages to control her powers.
I don't think it'll be the last time. Probably a frequency somewhere between Ranma changing sexes and Detective Conan returning to his Kudou form.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-09, 02:30   Link #134
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
FAQ! Not the male version!
wuhugm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 09:15   Link #135
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Well my prediction was completely off the mark ......
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 12:55   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
The way the genderswap technique work is pretty weird, but I assume that's the way the technique was originally meant to be used (to provide the recipient with an extra life) rather than to spite your enemy.

Shirogane said the seal was temporarily undone, and since Shirogane has been severaly weakened, he won't be able to undo it for good, so Matsuri's boobs will return.

I really liked how the villain fought, constantly feeding Matsuri lies to deceive him. As James previously pointed, it's usually the opposite in shounen and they explain their abilities instead.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 18:00   Link #137
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Poor Sharkbro got his heart broken. :c
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 18:09   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Poor Sharkbro got his heart broken. :c
It's fine. I think he was just crying because he thought FeMatsuri was gone forever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 18:18   Link #139
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
Don't go that route
wuhugm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 19:46   Link #140
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
I found it amusing that Matsuri's nipples disappeared as soon as he turned back into a girl.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ayakashi, genben, harem, ninja, riko, romance, shameless fmc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.