AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-07, 21:08   Link #1381
The Green One

Well they do kind of do this for a living. Years of public speaking shows.
Old 2020-11-07, 21:18   Link #1382
Johnny Dy

Be that as it may, I feel more comfortable with Trump's performance of looking at the piece of paper in front of him every 20 seconds and speaking something else as he doesn't remember exactly what he just read. Feels more real to me.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-07, 22:07   Link #1383
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Makes you wonder if they're going to let people mail in vote like this from now on.
There is a good chance. They just need to set up reasonable rules and regulations. Like allowing states to count the votes a week before the election. Not defunding the usps so it can’t delivery on time. This would allow them to set hard limits on late arriving votes. Sad fact is that we could’ve had the fastest call in presidential history but they refused to set proper regulations.

The one thing that sucks about this announcement today is that I live roughly 30 minutes from Wilmington Delaware. But because my job had me work till 8, I wasn’t able to go see Bidens speech.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-11-07 at 22:56.
Old 2020-11-07, 23:31   Link #1384
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Over 70 millions of people looked at those past 4 years and decided they were fine with 4 more years of that. This is one of the mindboggling things about this election.
Old 2020-11-07, 23:50   Link #1385
Galaxian

Now I wonder, what will Republican candidates do in two years during the the midterms. Seek Trump's endorsement or distant themselves. I fear the former.
Old 2020-11-07, 23:52   Link #1386
GDB

His base, as of now, still loves him. They will court his endorsement as long as he isn't in jail.
Old 2020-11-07, 23:59   Link #1387
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Makes you wonder if they're going to let people mail in vote like this from now on.
Many states have been doing so for years with excellent results. The problem is the GOP is fundamentally against any change which results in more people voting. If the Ds do somehow manage to scrape two wins in GA, you could conceivably see some sort of national election reform bill. If not, zero chance.
Old 2020-11-08, 00:46   Link #1388
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Over 70 millions of people looked at those past 4 years and decided they were fine with 4 more years of that. This is one of the mindboggling things about this election.
Not necessarily, I mean sure his base loves him and will happily eat out of his hand on command, but there are plenty of others who just deeply disagree with Democrat views on a fundamental level. They may not necessarily like Trump or even agree with him but simply cannot and will not view Democrat on certain issues and this is not something they're willing to compromise on. They may just simply decide that they want the Republican way of doing things and if Trump is the only way to get it for the next four years then that is a price they're willing to accept. Of course there are still others who are extremists who may not care about Trump in any real capacity but like his behavior as they feel it allows them to express their own different vies. For better or for worse.

Not all of those 70 million are Trump's more passionate followers. What the actual number is, your guess is as good as mine, but lets not all tar them with the same brush.
Old 2020-11-08, 00:53   Link #1389
Key Board
Carbon

Don’t throw Trump in jail yet. Let him make a third party, which I think, he will do if he thinks Fox and the GOP betrayed him

Than we we will see how much votes he takes away from the GOP
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-08, 01:32   Link #1390
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Don’t throw Trump in jail yet. Let him make a third party, which I think, he will do if he thinks Fox and the GOP betrayed him

Than we we will see how much votes he takes away from the GOP
**** that. Don't play political games at the expense of justice. That's how the GOP operates and if the DNC ignores everything Trump and the GOP did then there's no hope for anything.
Old 2020-11-08, 01:45   Link #1391
n0m@n
C-Z

Well, there was atleast one incident where there was a fraud vote.
https://twitter.com/fleccas/status/1324216584219623424
Old 2020-11-08, 04:28   Link #1392
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Take this from someone guilty of pedaling bullshit in this thread: Stop pedaling bullshit.

Here is the ultimate source for debunking every claim of electoral fraud thrown around during this prolonged election count.

Your example is the second claim debunked. [source]
Old 2020-11-08, 04:57   Link #1393
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

So technically he's not wrong. The dead person did vote. But according to the state, it doesn't count when dead people vote.

My suspicion is that dead people vote in just about every US election. It's one of those things that cuts both ways and can't make that much of a difference though.

From back when the media was relatively honest:
https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...r-rolls-076443
https://www.npr.org/2012/02/14/14682...stered-to-vote
https://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/...-philadelphia/
Old 2020-11-08, 08:07   Link #1394
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
That isn’t the case. The vote was by a William Bradley jr. The one listed is his father and only the son voted. They already verified this fact
Old 2020-11-08, 08:31   Link #1395
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Have Georgia and Arizona still not called their results, or did the NYT just stop their counter after biden reached 279?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-08, 08:58   Link #1396
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

As a sad side comment, want to know who are Trump allies? This is a list of the heads of state that have yet to call Biden to congratulate him for his win:

Vladimir Putin (Russia)
AMLO (Mexico)
Jair Bolsonaro (Brasil)
Daniel Ortega (Nicaragua)
Miguel Díaz-Canel (Cuba)

... even Boris Johnson (UK), the other half of the dumb and dumber comedy duo has already called Biden.
Old 2020-11-08, 09:03   Link #1397
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Have Georgia and Arizona still not called their results, or did the NYT just stop their counter after biden reached 279?
Georgia is close enough to go to a recount and won't be called until after. Fox and AP have already called AZ and have not retracted it, though the others have chosen not to follow suit.
Old 2020-11-08, 09:12   Link #1398
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

I hope Kamala Harris can endure what will come to her and be as tough as Thatcher. Our only female French PM, Edith Cresson, only held less than 1 year. I know for sure that Fox, Breitbart and conservative medias will be ruthless.
Old 2020-11-08, 09:18   Link #1399
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I hope Kamala Harris can endure what will come to her and be as tough as Thatcher. Our only female French PM, Edith Cresson, only held less than 1 year. I know for sure that Fox, Breitbart and conservative medias will be ruthless.
There is a reason, Kamala Harria aka a woman of color, is atm the gop natural enemy for 2024:

https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/...if_only_voted/
Old 2020-11-08, 09:21   Link #1400
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
All votes are being counted, it just takes time to finish and they're just not giving it round the clock coverage now that the election has been called. They will finish. They're legally required to.