AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-28, 02:32   Link #41
Archon_Wing
Why?
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So she killed a tire demon for the body and then chopped up an ice golem to make an igloo and also... to eat the ice too?

What a vicious villain. I almost felt sorry for the tire dude when I saw this expression on the Princess

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 10:43   Link #42
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So she killed a tire demon for the body and then chopped up an ice golem to make an igloo and also... to eat the ice too?
She is the fusion of hannibal lecter and jack torrance
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 11:11   Link #43
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

What a vicious villain. I almost felt sorry for the tire dude when I saw this expression on the Princess

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I wouldn't feel too bad for the tire demon, you saw him afterward. The manga makes it even clearer. His actual primary body is nothing but gas; the tires are just a shell. She took the tires so when he resurrected he was just the gas, and as you could see he was quite happy with the liberated feeling. Only problem with it was apparently several other demons feared he'd get hit with some sort of trademark infringement if he stayed like that.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 11:24   Link #44
Blueknight78

and here's begins her first step to the "demon world domination", the princess already started to "gather her own followers" , be ready for the "demon queen of sleep"birth!!!!!, she will conquest all while "sleeping" , man this is really one a hell fun of reverse Stockholm syndrome, where the ones being "corrupted are the captors not the hostage and being honest compared with her previous like in the human kingdom she really don't have any reason to want to go back since she is having the "leisure life of her dream" , maybe at worst case she missing a little her family but overal she already pretty much feeling better than even at home, even if she "dies" is a happy death and she just start all over again in the next second after get ressurected.
Old 2020-10-30, 23:33   Link #45
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and here's begins her first step to the "demon world domination", the princess already started to "gather her own followers" , be ready for the "demon queen of sleep"birth!!!!!, she will conquest all while "sleeping" , man this is really one a hell fun of reverse Stockholm syndrome, where the ones being "corrupted are the captors not the hostage
The term is Lima syndrome, it's a real thing and yeah it does seem to be happening here. In the worst kind of way. She's killing us all, one by one! She doesn't hesitate in the slightest to torture and decapitate anyone she sees fit! But she's cute, so...

Yeah, I do agree she very well may overthrow the demon king if she thinks it'll help her get a better sleep.
Old 2020-10-31, 10:44   Link #46
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and here's begins her first step to the "demon world domination", the princess already started to "gather her own followers"
I think she could summon an army of teddy bears at a moment's notice.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 12:23   Link #47
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Death has no real consequences in this world it seems, as long as you can be revived in church.

When will we see more of the Hero's party?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 13:58   Link #48
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Death has no real consequences in this world it seems, as long as you can be revived in church.
In essence this is the same as in D&D (not AD&D) where as long as you had a high enough level cleric and the (relatively fresh) corpse, there was not limit at all in the number of times you could "raise from your grave". Of course, in D&D there was always the possibility of everyone being killed by the monsters, but here the monsters will bring her to the church to be resurrected everytime.

What would happen if demon cleric forgets to bring her back from the dead on a timely fashion? *chuckles*
Old 2020-11-02, 16:17   Link #49
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I thought princess was going to plugged all of Harpies' feathers...

The people doesn't even care if princess is out of her cell anymore and no one is stopping her action
Old 2020-11-02, 16:47   Link #50
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I thought princess was going to plugged all of Harpies' feathers...
Like the fur of the Teddy Demons, simply killing Harpy for the feathers would only ruin it.

Quote:
The people doesn't even care if princess is out of her cell anymore and no one is stopping her action
One thing to keep in mind here is that with this episode, in order to have it focus entirely on the introduction of the female demons, there is some skipping around here when compared to the manga, with the chapter that introduces Neo Alraune (and Poseidon) taking place a whole volume after Harpy's intro.
Old 2020-11-02, 19:08   Link #51
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Like the fur of the Teddy Demons, simply killing Harpy for the feathers would only ruin it.

One thing to keep in mind here is that with this episode, in order to have it focus entirely on the introduction of the female demons, there is some skipping around here when compared to the manga, with the chapter that introduces Neo Alraune (and Poseidon) taking place a whole volume after Harpy's intro.
yeah they are skiping a lot of chapters, and give more "screen time to the heroes", but things really goes to a point where they stop of care if she is "trapped or not", because you know... is pointless in the end because she just escape again .

Now about the episode, really poor harpy, she is just a nice girl being used by this "horrible demon", this princes really make you start to think about "who is the real demon here"!!!????

the princess just wanted to use her and when the harpy started to be annoying the princess throw away the bed , to make the harpy stop to come after her, i really feel bad for her and for the plant girl, seeying her brother being tortured and turned "empty" must be a terrible vision and is so hard to believe which so "cute" and chiledshi look girl would be so "devil", the platn girl just can't accept the reality is too harsh.
Old 2020-11-02, 19:13   Link #52
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
One thing to keep in mind here ... there is some skipping around here when compared to the manga.
This is bound to happen, specially when you have a ton of material to adapt. Mangaka usually only care for publishing another chapter (each week in this case) so even if they have a clear idea where the story will end, their first goal is to make it worthwhile. Meanwhile an anime adaption like this one has a limited number of episodes and has to make the ending feel like a culmination of sorts. So cherry-picking chapters (or changing the order) to make this into a cohesive story is inevitable, a second cour is always feasible but not likely.
Old 2020-11-03, 16:34   Link #53
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
This is bound to happen, specially when you have a ton of material to adapt. Mangaka usually only care for publishing another chapter (each week in this case) so even if they have a clear idea where the story will end, their first goal is to make it worthwhile. Meanwhile an anime adaption like this one has a limited number of episodes and has to make the ending feel like a culmination of sorts. So cherry-picking chapters (or changing the order) to make this into a cohesive story is inevitable, a second cour is always feasible but not likely.
I can definitely understand the cherry picking/order change of episodes, as I am trying to figure what chapters would be adapted based on the OP/ED (not to mention one possible episode idea that will likely require an order change for it to work anime-wise).
Old 2020-11-03, 23:52   Link #54
SeaDoor

For a while I was concerned for Harpy's safety with her being locked in a cell with a psychopathic serial killer and all...
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 20:04   Link #55
The Green One

Not to worry, handy revives are avilable for when the Princess goes Murderhobo so all is well. What I feel bad for was the poor pitiful death of Harpy's innocence. The episode missed a funny line from the manga where Harpy's tearful admission to the other demons was that the Princess was only interested in her for her body.
Old 2020-11-06, 12:45   Link #56
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Not to worry, handy revives are avilable for when the Princess goes Murderhobo so all is well. What I feel bad for was the poor pitiful death of Harpy's innocence. The episode missed a funny line from the manga where Harpy's tearful admission to the other demons was that the Princess was only interested in her for her body.
By the time the hero gets there he'll find everyone arguing nonstop over whether the princess is a sex addict or a sleep addict.
Old 2020-11-09, 21:49   Link #57
stray
aniki

I didn't realize but... her mom actually calls her Suya? lol
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-09, 23:18   Link #58
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I love how the cops got the donuts in their mouth.

The bears are so cuuuute!
Old 2020-11-10, 03:57   Link #59
The Green One

Man the Hero and his party have a directional sense almost as bad as Ryoga from Ranma 1/2. The Princess isn't getting rescued anytime soon.

Heck the Princess is going to end up as the secret Superboss at this rate.
Old 2020-11-10, 05:35   Link #60
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I didn't realize but... her mom actually calls her Suya? lol
Well, Syalis is her main name, so "Sya" is an obvious shortening. It's like calling Jennifer Jen.

That said, the show also makes a big deal about how "sya" is her sleep noise, so it's also kind of like naming your daughter Zzzzzzzalia.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote