AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-04, 16:40   Link #61
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So my guess is Mismis will gain magical powers now.

Alice also made the same mistake Gilgamesh made. Shooting a ton of swords at someone in a black armor

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 17:48   Link #62
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Who is voicing Kissing she sounds a lot like Iguchi Yuka.
Old 2020-11-04, 19:25   Link #63
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma IB View Post
Who is voicing Kissing she sounds a lot like Iguchi Yuka.
It is Konomi Kohara .
Old 2020-11-04, 19:43   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I imagine infiltrating Nebulis would be a lot more harder for the Empire than the other way around, as while you can hide you're a mage, you can't really pretend you're one. So I don't think Nebulis has spies from the Empire within its rank.
Old 2020-11-04, 19:51   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 11:13   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

Alice also made the same mistake Gilgamesh made. Shooting a ton of swords at someone in a black armor
Well, at least she learned her lesson . Max AOE attack gives nothing to grab onto and deals with someone who tends to turn invisible anyways.
Old 2020-11-05, 12:04   Link #67
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This is another one of those stories where despite having an interest, I'm increasingly finding hard to watch because it runs too much on cringe "teen-fic-logic". Tried the first episode, but I'll have to give this a pass.
Having spent close too two months away from anime, and now trying to catch up on more then I'd like this was an easy pass for me as well. The ditzy captain was pretty much the nail in the coffin.
Old 2020-11-10, 19:26   Link #68
Top Sergeant

I just can't buy into the Captain being a Captain. She's not leading anyone, she's not directing anyone, and now her character has devolved into being a helpless female who needs to be rescued.

That aside, I am really enjoying the characters, story and animation in this show, and I like how they are handling the budding romance.
Old 2020-11-10, 21:59   Link #69
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I just can't buy into the Captain being a Captain. She's not leading anyone, she's not directing anyone, and now her character has devolved into being a helpless female who needs to be rescued.

That aside, I am really enjoying the characters, story and animation in this show, and I like how they are handling the budding romance.
Everything you wrote is true. Even she thinks she's not cut out for it. The reason why she's a Captain is because she gives the best moral support. She can tell when someone is having problems and will be the first to help them any way she can. This is the reason why Iska, Jhin and Nene prefer to work under her.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-11, 11:01   Link #70
Frontier

I get that Iska's team is very effective, but it seems like a pretty big jump to just assign them the job of capturing the Sovereignty's queen of all people so soon after they've re-formed. They couldn't settle for one of the princesses? I guess the Empire might be that desperate for a win .

So the trauma conga line hasn't let Mismis off yet as her dip in the vortex has netted her an Astral Crest that makes her the witch the Empire she serves so abhors. So now she's living in an Empire that will either kill her or imprison her for life just for what was basically an accident she had no control over. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. But at least she knows her team has always got her back .

So, hey, maybe they can all jump ship to the Sovereignty? No? Just a thought .

Alice spends three whole days looking for Iska, dressed like she's going out for a date more than she's searching for her fated rival. Even their actual encounter just comes down to them acting more like two teens awkwardly crushing on each other than sworn enemies. Alice cutely asking for Iska to confide in her was so adorable .

I guess Rin's intentions were noble for the sake of her mistress, even if she wasn't willing to commit to actually killing Iska initially, but now she's made Alice complicit in kidnapping. That sure went off the rails quick .

Poor Alice has to play the part of the cold princess capturing an enemy when they get caught by Mismis, when this wasn't what she wanted at all. I guess Mismis isn't going to be become an IskaxAlice shipper anytime soon .

There was actually a line in the novel where Alice congratulates or welcomes Mismis to being a witch after seeing her power that I'm kind of disappointed they cut...
Old 2020-11-11, 13:49   Link #71
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Iska is incredibly naive. He'll never achieve peace with his methods. Becoming Alice's knight seemed like a good option to me. One side needs to lose, and it's better for it to be the Empire.
It's really not. Who would ever trust a traitor that betrayed their side? If he switches sides, he's always going to be held at arm's length because they can't be sure he won't betray them regardless of one witch princess vouching for him.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-11, 14:57   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
It's really not. Who would ever trust a traitor that betrayed their side? If he switches sides, he's always going to be held at arm's length because they can't be sure he won't betray them regardless of one witch princess vouching for him.
I guess it would matter that Alice trusted him and was willing to keep him close to her, although I guess it wouldn't be simple either.
Old 2020-11-11, 15:10   Link #73
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess it would matter that Alice trusted him and was willing to keep him close to her, although I guess it wouldn't be simple either.
As I stated before, I think either side winning would be BAD for the citizens of the other, and it's not like the empire doesn't have any point at all.
Empire citizens would be heavily discriminated against, and be at the mercy of people like Mismis fake-friend.
At the same time, if the empire wins, people with magical abilities would get locked up for life just because they were born differently.

Solution: Make both Kingdoms crumble.

E:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Q.E.D.

E2: That being,everything went according to the empires calculations... Going in as prisoner is a really EASY way to infiltrate Nebulis area.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2020-11-11 at 17:00.
Old 2020-11-11, 19:37   Link #74
stray

...and this is why neutrality doesn't work. How no one has been kidnapped up until now is beyond me.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-11, 19:49   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
He's got a pretty good track record. Set a witch free before he could even be sent to the battlefield and spent a year in prison for it, and as far as I'm aware, has never killed an enemy. As long as Alice is backing him, I don't think it's an issue anyway. Furthermore, Iska's power would also enable Alice to have a better shot at the throne by racking up achievements, meaning the chance to change Nebulis from the inside and a better shot at peace in the long term. Mismis is now another reason Iska should defect. Surely she'd be treated better there than in the Empire.

Honestly, what is Iska even hoping for remaining as a soldier for the Empire anyway?
Old 2020-11-11, 21:33   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Honestly, what is Iska even hoping for remaining as a soldier for the Empire anyway?
Ostensibly I think it's staying with his squad and friends, who jumping to the Sovereignty might be a bigger jump for (well, at least until Mismis became a witch).
Old 2020-11-11, 22:32   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The story spends so little time in any place other than Mr. Neutral Land that I'm starting to think that Mr. Neutral Land is just a plot device to let characters get together while technically having a war as part of the "main" story.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-11, 23:33   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Ostensibly I think it's staying with his squad and friends, who jumping to the Sovereignty might be a bigger jump for (well, at least until Mismis became a witch).
That's not a bad general thing. Though honestly...can he just get the whole squad to defect with him here ?

Honestly the one thing I'm left lost at is how either side intends to reach a positive conclusion. Iska's whole plan was revealed as dead on arrival in the first arc. Capturing Alice or any particular elite member of the Sovereignty isn't going to get them to leap into peace talks. Heck it was rather done for in the first place since the Empire wouldn't accept Alice as a hostage to make peace. They'd do whatever horrors they'd like to her...and then keep trying to defeat the other side. At best they'd accept unconditional surrender and we can imagine how that would go.

I get wanting to stay with his friends. But...yeah, I can't see that leading directly to his long term goal or even holding up short term.
Old 2020-11-12, 16:01   Link #79
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The story spends so little time in any place other than Mr. Neutral Land that I'm starting to think that Mr. Neutral Land is just a plot device to let characters get together while technically having a war as part of the "main" story.
Fun enough, this development could actually be what Iska needed. Since Nebulis abducted someone in a neutral city, Iska might now be able to unite them against both the empire and the sovereignty.

Best outcome possible tbh.

Old 2020-11-14, 17:16   Link #80
magnuskn

This show is very surprisingly good, despite the giant anime tiddies everywhere (well, most everywhere, but still...). I really like the romance part, the fights are well done and the characters on both sides are likeable. I hope this goes the full two-cour side of things.

Tags
harem, military, romance