AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-13, 15:03   Link #201
grecefar

yeah I can't say is obvious but it's really implied that nike is eleina mother.

eleina is a funny drunk lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 16:32   Link #202
stray
aniki

The only one who doesn't know Niké is Elaina's mother at this point is Elaina.

How was Niké the first one to realize that if a wall exists it needs graffiti? That wall was disturbingly clean.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 19:39   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought it was weird Elaina suddenly sounded like Shizuka Itou. Took me a couple minutes to realize it was a flashback to her mother's journey. The odd thing is that the elders said she visited the country ten years ago, meaning Elaina was already 8 then. Even weirder is the fact she was reading the story from her book to Elaina who looked really young in that flashback.

The two stories were pretty similar this week. Saya and Elaina both accomplished great things, without thinking much about what they were doing.
Old 2020-11-13, 19:39   Link #204
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2020-11-13 at 19:49.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 21:27   Link #205
stray
aniki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The odd thing is that the elders said she visited the country ten years ago, meaning Elaina was already 8 then. Even weirder is the fact she was reading the story from her book to Elaina who looked really young in that flashback.
Elaina started traveling at 15 but then Saya is already a witch by this point so it can't be that early in her travels... and then she's old enough to drink in the second part and the narrator is speaking from (presumably) years into the future.

Probably better to just not think about the chronology and just roll with it. Also was that Megumi Toyoguchi?

Last edited by stray; 2020-11-13 at 21:44.
Old 2020-11-14, 07:54   Link #206
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Woah, it took only four seconds from her appearance until Saya went yandere on the wall .

Stepping onto the grapes... Well Elaina, it's your own fault for trying to troll them

And yeah laughing like an evil with during the grape shooting may leave an effect there

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 07:59   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Elaina started traveling at 15 but then Saya is already a witch by this point so it can't be that early in her travels... and then she's old enough to drink in the second part and the narrator is speaking from (presumably) years into the future.

Probably better to just not think about the chronology and just roll with it. Also was that Megumi Toyoguchi?
Elaina started traveling at 18. There's no problem with the second story, it's the first one with Elaina's mother I was talking about.
Old 2020-11-14, 08:12   Link #208
Dharma

Quote:
The odd thing is that the elders said she visited the country ten years ago, meaning Elaina was already 8 then.
It seems to me they said "十数" which means "ten-something" still does not make much seance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Yep, and I am pretty sure she also done some background girls, even if those were not credited. Would love to hear more of her, last thing I remember was great sage from slime.
Old 2020-11-14, 21:29   Link #209
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
It seems to me they said "十数" which means "ten-something" still does not make much seance.
Between 10 and 20? If so, then the timeline should fit
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 12:30   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

20 years would work. I guess the old men are too old to remember when it was exactly, although they vividly remember Niké had a bigger rack than Elaina (she got teased a lot about lacking curves in this episode)
Old 2020-11-15, 13:13   Link #211
stray
aniki

Quote:
Elaina started traveling at 18. There's no problem with the second story, it's the first one with Elaina's mother I was talking about.
18 is where she starts narrating, kind of like Saki from Shinsekai Yori narrating from 36 for lack of a better comparison. Conservatively she might have started at 16, but even then she's been on the road for at least two years up to potentially 20 if she's legal to drink now.

Up until now my understanding was that the "present" was 18 and all the travels she's telling us about have been from 15-18... which aside from some outliers is still the case, I think.
Old 2020-11-15, 13:23   Link #212
AC-Phoenix
Detective

That is assuming Elaina's mother was there for her entire childhood.

Rosemary for example looks older than Elaina's mother, yet didn't age much despite that at least 3 years must have passed between Elaina getting drunk, and the boy's grandfather.

Since the village chief said "a long time ago", several years must have passed since then, meaning the child was either not there to see it for himself or just too young to remember.
However, this opens up the possibility that Elaina also wouldn't have remembered if her mother was away for a few more years between giving birth to Elaina and her getting as least as old as the boy we've seen in the wine episode.

So yeah, it could still work, even if it has only been ten years.
We also don't know how many years Nike has travelled for before giving birth to Elaina either.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-15, 19:14   Link #213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The thing is, the story about Fran in the book implied Nike ended up settling down at the end of her journey. In fact, I think it may have been outright stated.
Old 2020-11-15, 19:28   Link #214
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
The thing is, the story about Fran in the book implied Nike ended up settling down at the end of her journey. In fact, I think it may have been outright stated.
You can take a break in between and finally settle down later too though. We were also never given a specific timeframe when, the Nike book happened or how many years it compromises.
Elaina seems to travel around a lot too. Fran reminded her to visit her mother next time she is in the area, which implies that her hometown may not have been that far away.

Old 2020-11-20, 10:03   Link #215
zztop

Wandering Witch's author talked about Elaina's personality and story structure in this interview.

1) On why Elaina is kind in some stories but apathetic in others:

(Elaina's) a realist who understands that magic can't accomplish absolutely everything...magic is something to protect herself or just one means of solving a problem...(and sometimes)things get resolved more peacefully by simply distancing yourself from trouble. She is just an ordinary person who happens to use magic; she is not traveling to fix the world; (but merely) wander around and see it.

2)On how author decides whether (Elaina) becomes a passive observer or an active part of a story:

(It depends)...on whether other people are asking her for help, and whether she is in a position as a lone traveler to (give help). ...there are many situations (in the story) that have reached an impasse by the time Elaina becomes privy to the events. At that point, no matter what she does, she cannot be of help.

3)On the yuri elements:

I like to think of it as a story where the amount of yuri depends on the (mindset of) the person reading it.

4)Does author ever worry the stories get too dark:

Not at all...In this tale, it's normal for there to be dark episodes where there is absolutely no salvation.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...raishi/.166298
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 10:52   Link #216
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Wandering Witch's author talked about Elaina's personality and story structure in this interview.

1) On why Elaina is kind in some stories but apathetic in others:

(Elaina's) a realist who understands that magic can't accomplish absolutely everything...magic is something to protect herself or just one means of solving a problem...(and sometimes)things get resolved more peacefully by simply distancing yourself from trouble. She is just an ordinary person who happens to use magic; she is not traveling to fix the world; (but merely) wander around and see it.

2)On how author decides whether (Elaina) becomes a passive observer or an active part of a story:

(It depends)...on whether other people are asking her for help, and whether she is in a position as a lone traveler to (give help). ...there are many situations (in the story) that have reached an impasse by the time Elaina becomes privy to the events. At that point, no matter what she does, she cannot be of help.

3)On the yuri elements:

I like to think of it as a story where the amount of yuri depends on the (mindset of) the person reading it.

4)Does author ever worry the stories get too dark:

Not at all...In this tale, it's normal for there to be dark episodes where there is absolutely no salvation.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...raishi/.166298
this is exactly what i've been saying over and over, elaina is not a "heroine" she is not there to save the world, she is a traveller a "commoner", without any real urge to help peoples, she is just the 'ordinary person" which seying let's say someone get attacked in public, she could just like many see an go away without do anything, if she don't feel "wanting to help", she don't really have any "obligation" to help everyone, she will only help when she feel wanting to help and it not gonna be a problem for her, you can call her let's say a "cowardy" but this is how she is a traveler which normally just gonna "travel" doing he "minimum efforts to do something out of her objective.

about this week episode it's started almost like a "horror" movie with so many "creep dolls", but become pretty funny later, what a really weird town with so many weird peoples and those dolls at the auction
Old 2020-11-20, 12:14   Link #217
Dharma

So he strived for dark and realistic and end up contrived?
Old 2020-11-20, 12:40   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was pretty amusing. Elaina went ballistic just because her hair was cut and stolen (it was actually a nice haircut, too, not like she ended up bald).
Old 2020-11-20, 12:47   Link #219
grecefar

I was sure elaina was going to burn her alive.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 17:49   Link #220
stray
aniki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
3)On the yuri elements:

I'm not really getting that many yuri vibes... Saya has about as much chance with Elaina as Kuroko has with Misaka in Railgun.

My interest has kind of waned though... maybe I'll catch up with it at the end of the season.

Tags
fantasy, magic