AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-24, 23:45   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It isn't anything crazy good, but definitely one of the best yuri series I've seen in years. Might be a weird combination to say though. Yeah, you have the weird alien involved in the story, but that's all pretty minor in the bigger picture.

Just a very solid show about these two characters. One of them isn't a total psycho or debatably committing criminal offenses against the other making for honestly a rather toxic relationship. Shimamura and Adachi have their own things going on, but they are both decent people. That may be a low bar, but rather important for that to be cleared.

Adachi does kind of need to make more moves here. The idea of being jealous while not conveying anything herself is both a human and selfish action. Unless Shimamura becomes a mind reader you can't expect her to make the jump herself.

Without a doubt Shimamura is the more interesting character out of this cast. She's rather awkward herself. Definitely troubled by people asking her to choose between them. At least is aware of her own issues. She finds it difficult to interact with others but gets lonely if she's by herself. So she both steps away at times and throws herself into things, feeling chipped away as she does so.
Old 2020-10-29, 17:30   Link #22
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

I feel it's Shimamura who is actually the more aggressive of the two when it comes to their "relationship".

Adachi is sort of always holding things back.

the crotch sniff is hot.

The headpat at the swing is cute!

looking forward to next episode.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 19:04   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Adachi and Shimamura are really similar, but Adachi has a lot more trouble with social interactions. They both find it stiffing, but Shimamura does a better job of dealing with it and hiding her real feelings (Adachi noticed though).
Old 2020-11-05, 17:58   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Adachi really got it bad. It's apparently a good thing Shimamura misunderstood her intentions (chose to misunderstand?) because she's not ready to get that close to another person.
Old 2020-11-05, 18:58   Link #25
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's pretty odd that first thing I paid attention in this ep. is that Adachi is left-handed.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 03:22   Link #26
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

certainly took a lot of courage for Adachi to ask Shimamura to spend time with her on Chistmas day.

hopefully, their "date" goes well.

looking forward to next episode.
Old 2020-11-11, 00:11   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Holy smokes Adachi has it so bad you can feel it. If she doesn't legit confess soon then she might actually explode. That or turn into a stalker...

No doubt Shimamura could have figured it out and probably has. But rather chose to interpret things in a way that she can handle it. That's a leap in terms of closeness that no doubt she isn't quite prepared to handle with anyone.

One thing I do like is that Shimamura has a good hold on herself. Not many could have calmly stopped themselves from asking the big "why" and break things down more sensibly. Of course not many would look at it in a somewhat sad way either. That if she asked the question things could get bent out of shape and she likely wouldn't be willing to bother to try and put things back together with Adachi.

Oh well at least the question was asked and they are set for the Christmas date. Kind of feel there will be a breakthrough of some kind there.
Old 2020-11-12, 17:11   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Christmas date happened, and Adachi asked Shimamura to be... her best friend. Well, I guess that's still a step forward. Probably a good thing, because I'm not sure Shimamura would have reacted positively to a confession at this point.

Adachi is such a dork though, wearing her work clothes because Shimamura complimented her once. Not that she doesn't look nice in that dress, it just didn't strike me as appropriate.
Old 2020-11-13, 06:42   Link #29
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Adachi looks desperate, so wearing the work clothes is one way to boost her courage on this. I think it looked a bit awkward because she did not tie her hair like when at work.

also good decision not to love confess right there. High chance that Shimamura would reacted in an unpleasant way.

_______

I ordered something from japan an item from this anime. Will show it when it arrives.
Used Registered Airmail delivery method, so it should come in one or two weeks.
Old 2020-11-20, 03:41   Link #30
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

the pillow thumping scenes. So cute.
Shimamura has a nice seal pillow.

Adachi is getting hiccups trying to ask Shima out on Valentines day. Glad she was able to succeed. And looks like it has a positive effect on Shima too.. she says, she feel colors coming into her life.

oh no.. possible rival appears.

looking forward to next week!
Old 2020-11-20, 08:12   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Adachi is as awkward as ever, that was such a roundabout way of asking Shimamura out for Valentine's.

I'm enjoying Adachi's fantasies. If she and Shimamura ever took a bath together, she'd probably have a stroke.

Yashiro's hair being sparkly can actually be seen by the characters in the series. That was actually surprising
Old 2020-11-20, 09:25   Link #32
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

To bad any possible relationship upgrades besides hand-holding will be only in Adachi's fantasies...
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 20:26   Link #33
ArrowSmith

The fantasies were a nice change from before. However I still think things proceed way too slow, Shimamura is too clueless and what's the point of the astronaut girl?
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 15:12   Link #34
Dark Wing

Am I the only one seeing the slight changes in the Oping credits as show progresses?

At first their hands aren't touching but in episode 7 they're pinkie fingers are locked together.
Old 2020-11-23, 15:17   Link #35
ArrowSmith

Oooh, I'll have to watch the opening next time. Interlocking fingers is so HOT.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 18:02   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Yashiro can fly. What the fuck? This barely even made Shimamura bat an eye. Everything about that girl is just so strange, what is even her purpose in this story?
Old 2020-11-26, 21:52   Link #37
stray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So Yashiro can fly. What the fuck? This barely even made Shimamura bat an eye. Everything about that girl is just so strange, what is even her purpose in this story?
Its easier if you just give up trying to make sense of her presence and enjoy the weirdness.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 03:08   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Adachi test-tasting so many chocolate to see which one is best. She wants the best for Shima.

Shima's childhood friend looks like a real threat...

looking forward to next week!
Old 2020-12-02, 18:11   Link #39
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can actually answer this one!

The aliens are a reference to Denpa Onna a story from the same author that serves to tell people that all this happens on the same world as Denpa Onna.
Old 2020-12-03, 17:09   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shimamura has a first name!! Hougetsu, not very common. This made me look up Adachi's first name and this one is extremely common (you can probably guess what it is just from me saying that).

I was wondering why Shimamura was so hyper during the episode and it turns out she's decided to make an effort to open up. Sadly, that entails opening up to Tarumi too, who may seriously become a rival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I can actually answer this one!

The aliens are a reference to Denpa Onna a story from the same author that serves to tell people that all this happens on the same world as Denpa Onna.
I know she's supposed to be an Erio expy, but as far as I recall, Erio wasn't actually an alien. I never read the LNs though... so maybe she was?