AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-24, 00:34   Link #941
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Getting closer to finally living the dream. They even left the title alone. I wonder...do you think we could even get a remastered version (even Blu-Ray)?
if u read the article it says it wont be dubbed but subbed instead
Old 2011-12-24, 02:01   Link #942
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
if u read the article it says it wont be dubbed but subbed instead
I did read the article. I mean that it won't be called "When They Cry: Higurashi," a title I wasn't particularly fond of anyway. Besides, barely anyone can stand any of the voice acting from the 1st season dub (minus Mion, maybe Miyo), and a proper dubbing of season 2 would require a complete re-dubbing of season 1. "Due to the complicated release history of When They Cry" is the understatement of the decade. What I care about at this point is whether there will be a true Blu-Ray release (because we're at the point that a DVD-only release of this franchise is borderline insulting), and whether importing would be cheaper than from Japan.
Old 2011-12-24, 09:23   Link #943
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
I did read the article. I mean that it won't be called "When They Cry: Higurashi," a title I wasn't particularly fond of anyway. Besides, barely anyone can stand any of the voice acting from the 1st season dub (minus Mion, maybe Miyo), and a proper dubbing of season 2 would require a complete re-dubbing of season 1. "Due to the complicated release history of When They Cry" is the understatement of the decade. What I care about at this point is whether there will be a true Blu-Ray release (because we're at the point that a DVD-only release of this franchise is borderline insulting), and whether importing would be cheaper than from Japan.
What's the point of a blu-ray release? You won't be able to get higher picture quality anyway. I guess you could get all episodes on one disc but that's it and it lowers the amount of people that can play it. I would bet that it's DVD only.
Old 2011-12-25, 01:03   Link #944
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seronei View Post
What's the point of a blu-ray release? You won't be able to get higher picture quality anyway. I guess you could get all episodes on one disc but that's it and it lowers the amount of people that can play it. I would bet that it's DVD only.
If you read my first post, it mentions that a Blu-Ray release would be contingent upon a remastered version of Kai (since upscales are pointless). Neither series uses purely digital animation, so a remastering could be a simple as rescanning the original animation in a higher resolution.
Old 2011-12-29, 13:59   Link #945
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Brought this over the summer off from either J-Box or Threadless Ts (can't remember for the life of me). Blunts and Swisher Sweets not included (inside joke with me and a friend)

Old 2011-12-29, 15:25   Link #946
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
Brought this over the summer off from either J-Box or Threadless Ts (can't remember for the life of me). Blunts and Swisher Sweets not included (inside joke with me and a friend)

What?
Old 2011-12-29, 16:29   Link #947
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post

They still have those Rena shirts on sale? That's news to me

On other notes, has anyone managed to grab anything from C81 yet?
Old 2011-12-29, 17:02   Link #948
Oblivion

Lol, oh wow I never saw the shirt underneath.
Old 2011-12-29, 21:47   Link #949
Joly
モエカステル

I asked someone to get the pixiv x 07th expansion illustration book from C81 for me, but I probably won't be getting it for a week or two.
Old 2011-12-30, 00:48   Link #950
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
I asked someone to get the pixiv x 07th expansion illustration book from C81 for me, but I probably won't be getting it for a week or two.
Isn't that the artbook for the Umineko Ougon fighting game or the 10th birthday thing for the Higurashi series?

Old 2011-12-30, 10:28   Link #951
Joly
モエカステル

It's none of those. The pixiv x 07th expansion illustration book is compiled works by 07 (Higurashi, Umineko sprites) and pixiv artists.
Old 2012-01-02, 20:22   Link #952
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

FINA-FUCKIN-LY!!! So excited to have Kai sitting on my shelf and watching an officially subbed Hanyuu...
Old 2012-01-03, 18:48   Link #953
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
FINA-FUCKIN-LY!!! So excited to have Kai sitting on my shelf and watching an officially subbed Hanyuu...
AWESOME! It's about time...despite I've already seen Kai!

But hey, I'm thinking of starting an anime/movie/tv series collection soon, maybe I could put that on the list!

Old 2012-01-29, 02:28   Link #954
fuff

new higurashi kira merchandise:
http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/369/

cant wait to get them
Old 2012-01-29, 02:50   Link #955
Joly
モエカステル

They're lottery items only T_T
Old 2012-01-29, 03:36   Link #956
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
They're lottery items only T_T
banpresto items are usually available on hlj,otacute and sometimes amiami, so hopefully these will be there too
Old 2012-01-29, 04:13   Link #957
Joly
モエカステル

I haven't tried it before, but I researched a little... and they're not like average Banpresto merchandise. These ones are rarer. Since it's a lottery (only held at Japanese stores and toy stores), you have to buy a 600 yen ticket each time to try to win a prize.

They might eventually be on sale on websites, but I think they'd be really expensive too.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:43   Link #958
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
new higurashi kira merchandise:
http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/369/

cant wait to get them
I can't begin to tell you how badly I want those shot glasses.
Old 2012-04-10, 22:57   Link #959
fuff

so the goodsmilecompany is taking requests to make figures/figma/nendroid/plushies and i thought we can suggest higurashi!!! what do u guys think?? maybe ask for older rika??

http://gscmikatan.wordpress.com/2012...duct-requests/
Old 2012-04-10, 23:22   Link #960
Joly
モエカステル

I've still have to read the whole thing, but I actually can't see many people wanting older Rika... even if I would love that. I think I'll request Oyashiro Rika though... or just write Furude Rika.
Closed Thread