AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 37 46.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 5.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-11, 13:15   Link #941
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
So, it has finally come to this. Now is the time to download it all and see it in one go.
Or maybe support the anime by watching on Crunchyroll like me...
Old 2013-12-12, 08:56   Link #942
dmaxzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Or maybe support the anime by watching on Crunchyroll like me...
I do understand your reasoning and I do agree to it. Yet in a series like this, I can´t take cliffhangers. Sorry.
Old 2013-12-12, 10:10   Link #943
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
So, it has finally come to this. Now is the time to download it all and see it in one go.
wrong time to download it unless you want to rage
Old 2013-12-13, 00:13   Link #944
Piesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Soldiers in these things (especially no names) tend to follow orders and nothing else. They don't have minds or personalities, they're simply in the show as tools. Their only job is to die in battle, or to follow the orders of the leaders.

I'm guessing the president is going to get his. Also, the fact that all the world and military leaders are in the same place in space makes them vulnerable for dying in a space battle. However, even if the President dies, and Amadeus dies (Mirko lives because he's a green spirit alien), it doesn't mean that their decisions made by them will die with them. ARUS was still be hostile to what's left of the Neo Jiorians, and Dorssia could possibly be the same. It would be different if these were separate human factions, or even humans against advanced humans like in SEED. These are humans against non-humans, which is a larger, harder bridge to cross and even larger to close the gap to as humans a renowned for being hostile to anything "other".

Also, Amadeus did take into account that the ARUS might be critical of him and Dorssia and actually brought it up in his speech. However, he instead says that instead of focusing on the messenger, focus on the message itself and that the evidence is proof that there is something otherworldly going on in Module 77. Which Neo JIOR really can't deny, because it's the truth.

And the minute Neo JIOR were to admit to anything, the rest of the world would jump all over them. The fact that they were hiding their secrets AND trying to have a large position on the world's stage, is what led to this problem. The Magius hid their secret, but they do everything backstage, and that way, if they need to deny or get away with anything, they aren't really noticed in the first place, so it's much easier for them to hide their nature.
Yeah, it makes sense that the soldiers wouldnt do anything, what I meant to say was in a realistic situation (which valvrave in most ways isn't obviously) soldiers would've done that. And it would've been interesting to see a bit of that. But I understand with the time constraints, and other issues it wouldn't work out.

The fact that Amadeus said that doesn't change anything. People always say things like that when they are lying. And video footage from an untrusted source (that is not one straigh clip especially)is never clear cut evidence. I didn't say that nothing was suspicious about Neo-Jior, I said the reception of that video shouldve been more critical. (again in a more realistic setting, which I understand is not going to happen here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
I don't want to fire up another debate, but although I felt Shouko's actions were somewhat understandable given the situation, overall, I was still disappointed with her actions, especially when contrasted with the stupidly stubborn Haruto who said he'll still love her from now on.

As for the soldiers and the ARUS president, I have a feeling either information will be censored/manipulated, or the general public will react like idiots and jump on the "Neo-Jiorians = Monster" bandwagon without question. You see it happen often in shows. I don't know if writers are feeling lazy or they just want to portray the ignorant masses. It might've been interesting if the soldiers showed some hesitation or questioned orders, but it probably wouldn't have mattered in the grand scope of things so the staff probably just ignored it. If the president does get backlash from it, it'll probably be negligible. The only real authority he answers to is the council, and as long as he's a useful, willing tool, he'll probably retain his position.
Yeah it was a bit disappointing. But I think it was a fitting for the situation and the growth of her character.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 2013-12-14, 06:12   Link #945
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
In Sunrise mecha, when a pilot (Gundam/VVV/etc...) gets some screen time, an epic last line & their mech explodes into a light show, it always means they died. There have been only very scarce few exceptions to this rule. Is Kyuuma one of them?

Seeing that pic in the post by Raxnom, I'm now 100% sure Kyuuma kicked the bucket.

I did call it in the very first post in this thread that someone would die. I just didn't expect that it'd be Kyuuma. You guys all thought Thunder would've kicked the bucket first.
If Kyuuma's going back, the only way he's coming back is in the same manner as a certain mentor factor in the Gundam Seed series.....

Spoiler for Gundam Seed spoilers, just in case:
Old 2013-12-18, 00:25   Link #946
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This was the milestone episode that to me literally transformed the second season into the Empire Strikes Back to the whole Valvrave franchise. As to expected, Cain pulled out the most common sense move frame the enemy of the crime one is guilty of and perpetrating.
The result that the whole of humanity went bananas on Module 77, and the ARUS military mercilessly slaughtered the students. Furthermore, internal strife erupted out of hatred and fear amongst the students leading them to fight against each other.

Worse was that Shoko learned in flesh from Haruto about his truth in the worst timing and manner possible, and now everyone is on the hunt for the struggle of their lifetime. And, in this hunt more victims were claimed including Inuzuka, although until the full corpse is shown onscreen I cannot rule out Inuzuka as a dead man yet.
Old 2013-12-18, 00:57   Link #947
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
although until the full corpse is shown onscreen I cannot rule out Inuzuka as a dead man yet.
Well, though that is usually the rule with Sunrise, I have a large feeling that he's dead this time. Unless they spring some Star Trek-y plot device, and say that the explosion tossed him through a wormhole that sent him across the galaxy to the Magius homeworld, I'm going to guess he's not coming back.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-18, 01:35   Link #948
bigdeath

I don't know, you could have said the same thing about a certain character in Gundam Seed who also supposedly "died" by his mech being blown away. But hey, Sun Rise be crazy so you never know.
Old 2013-12-18, 01:51   Link #949
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
I don't know, you could have said the same thing about a certain character in Gundam Seed who also supposedly "died" by his mech being blown away. But hey, Sun Rise be crazy so you never know.
Sigh , believe me, I know. I posed this same example when he first died last episode. It doesn't help that when they tell his story in the manga and they show his death, they actually make it a prophetic dream that Kyuma has earlier in the series.

If he does come back in whatever comes after the end of the series, I wouldn't be surprised. Sunrise has already showed me more ridiculous returns from certain death, so if they do it this time, I'll go with it.

However, as of right now, I'll say he dead.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-18, 15:46   Link #950
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

That Newtype ghost thing already confirmed his death so I'll be more surprise if he does survived.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:33   Link #951
~BC~

That wasn't meant to be a ghost. Or do you really think Kyuuma went through the trouble of saving Haruto only to tempt him with death later. That was just Haruto working through some issues in his mind.

But yes, I'm going with "he's dead" until proven otherwise.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:47   Link #952
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
That wasn't meant to be a ghost. Or do you really think Kyuuma went through the trouble of saving Haruto only to tempt him with death later. That was just Haruto working through some issues in his mind.

With Aina and Marie? That way too coincident for it not to be true.
Old 2013-12-18, 17:26   Link #953
~BC~

Haruto feels guilt because they're people who died under his watch. They are not the actual ghosts. I think that's easier to accept than Kyuuma trying to lure Haruto to his death. But whatever suits you, I guess.
Old 2013-12-18, 18:47   Link #954
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post

I too am on the fence about them being "ghosts". Your usual newtype ghost floats out in space and interacts with you. Aina was a newtype ghost back in season 1 episode 9.
Here it's actually very possible that they were delusions created by their lack of oxygen. Remember that before their fight, L-elf said they only had 30 minutes of air left. However, a fight of course would cause heavy breathing and cut their oxygen down by at least half. Also, when the oxygen begins to get thin, they'll begin to breath their own CO2, so delusions are definitely possible.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-18, 18:59   Link #955
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I too am on the fence about them being "ghosts". Your usual newtype ghost floats out in space and interacts with you. Aina was a newtype ghost back in season 1 episode 9.
Here it's actually very possible that they were delusions created by their lack of oxygen. Remember that before their fight, L-elf said they only had 30 minutes of air left. However, a fight of course would cause heavy breathing and cut their oxygen down by at least half. Also, when the oxygen begins to get thin, they'll begin to breath their own CO2, so delusions are definitely possible.
I'd chock it up as manifestation of inner struggles. We had that once already in episode 17, when Haruto was hesitant to piloting after knowing the consequences. That Saki wasn't apart of ! Excuse me.

Tags
crush under the bus