AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-11-04, 04:11   Link #1161
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It's bad over here as well, you're labeled as a satanist watching Satan cartoons which poison your mind.

Though I don't hide it, I always tell everyone that I am into animes, cartoons and fantasy genre in movies. And I don't give a crap about what they think.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 05:45   Link #1162
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Higurashi Iki (?)
ひぐらしのなく頃に粋

A re-collection of all novel arcs.

Platform: PSVita, PS3

Source: Famitsu

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2014-11-04 at 05:57.
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 06:10   Link #1163
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Higurashi Iki (?)
ひぐらしのなく頃に粋

That's nice, at least there's some new content. I just wish there was someone else willing to localize these.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 06:27   Link #1164
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

We'll finally get a fully voiced Matsuribayashi-hen then. Nice.

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2014-11-04 at 09:02.
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 06:34   Link #1165
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Doesn't have to, they talked about what they did at the swimming pool (including Keiichi's swimsuit) in the VN, was just another way to show it. There isn't a thing about the "magic swimsuit" neither the war in the pool which was Anime only.
Sorry for pumping up an old post.
I don't check this thread usually, that's why.

That Hajisarashi-hen, wasn't Anime only... It had had a light novel, a drama CD (?) before that.
http://whentheycry.wikia.com/wiki/Hajisarashi-hen

Spoiler for Not that big, but a bit long...:

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2014-11-04, 07:15   Link #1166
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Holy shit you cannot be serious, is that fucking real?

Screw MangaGamer, I found a new reason for living. I'm getting a goddamn PS3 and will finish up my Japanese this year, I don't care how impossible that is.
Old 2014-11-04, 09:13   Link #1167
st_nick5

Quote:
Higurashi Iki (?)
ひぐらしのなく頃に粋

Do we know what the new content will be? Is this just a port of the original PC games, like Umineko on the PS3, or will it be similar to the PS2 version of Higurashi, where you had to make choices to go down different routes?
edit - Either way, it's on my buy list.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 09:27   Link #1168
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Higurashi Iki (?)
ひぐらしのなく頃に粋

Holy crap- and on my precious Vita, too! This is so exciting, oh my god! Please, somebody talk to Aksys or Atlus or NISAmerica or just ANYBODY to localize this! I hope it has Hou! And I hope it comes with a new opening~

Also, it apparently has Hajisarashi-hen as a playable arc?

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2014-11-04 at 10:49.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 09:27   Link #1169
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Do we know what the new content will be? Is this just a port of the original PC games, like Umineko on the PS3, or will it be similar to the PS2 version of Higurashi, where you had to make choices to go down different routes?
edit - Either way, it's on my buy list.
You will know everything from the magazine which will be sold on Nov 6th.
(I'm trying to get the digital version)

I think it includes all arcs from PS2 and NDS only.
Look carefully, we can see the list of 19 arcs on the picture.

Edit:
I don't see Alchemist's logo...

Old 2014-11-04, 09:42   Link #1170
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Damn. I just found out that this is going to include swimsuit CGs of the characters. Now I have to worry about even more perverted fanservice of Satoko (and Rika and Hanyuu).
You bet it will. Judging from the past, we are going to see perverted advertisements towards nearly every relevant character. As for nudity, no such thing will ever appear on a console game, so don't worry about that.

And here's a thing, maybe be harsh but it's need to be said. This is a Japanese product, selling only in Japan, suitable to their tastes. We are not invited and are more than welcome to ignore it.

Quote:
Edit: I don't see Alchemist's logo...
It's a collaborated work. http://www.kaga-create.co.jp This team and Alchemist will work together.

Last edited by Levani; 2014-11-04 at 10:00.
Old 2014-11-04, 09:42   Link #1171
st_nick5

Quote:
You will know everything from the magazine which will be sold on Nov 6th.
(I'm trying to get the digital version)

I think it includes all arcs from PS2 and NDS only.
Look carefully, we can see the list of 19 arcs on the picture.

Edit:
I don't see Alchemist's logo...
It includes the Nintendo DS arcs as well? That'd be pretty cool. I think the DS games are a bit difficult to get hold of these days. Expensive as well.

edit - Ah, so if Alchemist isn't involved in this then the PS2 only arcs probably won't be included? Would've been cool to have all the game arcs from across all platforms in one volume.

Last edited by st_nick5; 2014-11-04 at 09:55.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 11:39   Link #1172
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Is it really that bad over there? Jeez, that's sad. It's times like this I'm pretty glad I live in America, where subcultures are much more accepted. Here, a lot of people attach an unwanted stigma to anime, but it's popular enough and on television enough to convince most people it isn't all bad.

And, well, even in America, a lot of people don't celebrate Halloween, but it's still refreshing to see all the decorations- it's a shame you guys don't have the opertunity to.
Yea, it's not very nice, but it's not about opportunity. There's just not enough spirit or cheer to enjoy stuff like Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Holy shit you cannot be serious, is that fucking real?

Screw MangaGamer, I found a new reason for living. I'm getting a goddamn PS3 and will finish up my Japanese this year, I don't care how impossible that is.
Good luck importing it, because the PS3 doesn't support multiple regions contrary to popular belief, it did at launch though. Your gonna have to get a JP PS3 to play it.

Quote:
Higurashi Iki (?)
ひぐらしのなく頃に粋

That's awesome, since it will have the DS arc's and their sprites, CG's, backgrounds and so forth in 1080 or at least 720 upscaled. No more ugly DS sprites, that is if or when people rip them, can't wait. Althought, it'll probably sell as bad as the Umineko PS3 game. I mean, even slapping Higurashi on it won't equal good sales for 7 year old artwork and content on a PS3. But now, even theguraguraman won't have to fix up the sprites for his patch since they'll be in the new release, that's good to know.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 12:12   Link #1173
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Good luck importing it, because the PS3 doesn't support multiple regions contrary to popular belief, it did at launch though. Your gonna have to get a JP PS3 to play it.
Not a problem. I have to get a PS3 anyway.

Quote:
Althought, it'll probably sell as bad as the Umineko PS3 game.
It sold enough. You might be confusing the PSP Umineko, which didn't do so good and was canceled.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:14   Link #1174
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
It sold enough. You might be confusing the PSP Umineko, which didn't do so good and was canceled.
I heard that the reason the PSP ports were cancelled was because they were basically watered down versions of the PS3 port, with no new content or changes- and thus, little reason to spend money on again. This has a new arc, so that likely won't be a problem.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:20   Link #1175
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post

You might have confused yourself with a xbox or something. To date, there is only 2 games that's region locked for PS3: Persona 4 Arena and Joysound Dive. P4U they made the mistake of having the launch dates of Japan and NA too close, and created an incentive for Japanese people to import from NA as it was cheaper, and thus they had to lock the NA version.

Joysound Dive is a karaoke game that they didn't want to risk copyright issues with JASRAC for having it overseas, I think.

With that said, it is up to the developers to enforce region lock or not, but I find it extremely unlikely for that to happen.

I guess you can also call the PAL vs NTSC issue a "region lock", but with most people moving onto HD TVs with HDMI input, that's pretty much a thing in the past.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:21   Link #1176
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I heard that the reason the PSP ports were cancelled was because they were basically watered down versions of the PS3 port, with no new content or changes- and thus, little reason to spend money on again. This has a new arc, so that likely won't be a problem.
Yeah, I have the PSP ports, they really are watered down of the PS3. Though they are quite nice, I admit. I wanted to have Chiru too but... eh, at least we made a great Chiru patch, unlike the shitty Rondo patch.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:29   Link #1177
Rias

Quote:
PSP version was a worse deal as it only included 2 episode per game, opposed to PS3's 4 epsiode per. Although it came out earlier than the PS3 version, people already knew the PS3 version was coming out, and there was no need to buy.

With the 2nd half (5-8), people already knew how bad the ending was, and there was even less incentive to release it on the PSP as its popularity was dwindling. Partly the reason why the anime never finished either (besides low sales of DVD/BD).

One thing to note is that the resale value of the ep5-8 has been relatively high (around 4000 yen at 2nd hand stores, for a 3 year old game). The first half can be bought at 2nd hand stores at around 2000 yen.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:41   Link #1178
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Although it came out earlier than the PS3 version, people already knew the PS3 version was coming out, and there was no need to buy.
What, no, no it didn't. PSP port came out after the PS3 release.

Rias, can you give me source for the information you have regarding Umineko?

Also, Anime finished airing before Umineko was even finished. Whatever someone thought of the ending could not factor in the sales because the ending didn't exist at the time. Therefore, someone's subjective opinion that the ending was bad could not be the reason why the anime was canceled. It got canceled because it was a bad adaptation. And it didn't have enough blood and gore to cater the large audience who are into those stuff, unlike Higurashi.
Old 2014-11-04, 12:52   Link #1179
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Anyway, I'm excited for this, and don't really think it'd preform like Umineko's PSP ports. This is the whole, complete adaptation, sold in a single bundle, unlike the DS port, containing (supposedly) every single arc ever released, possibly including Hou, and it even has a new arc, based on the Rei OVA. It's a Higurashi fan's dream, and is completely different even in concept than the Umineko ports.

... Anyone brave enough to start a request Thread on NISAmerica or Aksys' forums? (NISAmerica release stuff in Europe too, I believe.)
Old 2014-11-04, 12:56   Link #1180
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It's futile, Nis America will only localize Visual Novels which also have gameplay in them. Like Danganronpa, Zero/Escape, 999...