AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-15, 19:01   Link #1061
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Just noticed through the galore of hints from the airplanes.

Does Haruhi really just want to make paper airplanes and fly them off somewhere?

Since it's Haruhi, it couldn't be that far off.

Unless, of course. She wants to actually fly an airplane.

Kyon is a major moron here though, and I'm still in shock that everyone knows the situation, but no one does jack shit UNTIL THE DAMN END.

No wonder you have no time Kyon, you finally realize at the LAST MOMENT until she leaves off and repeats the cycle.
Old 2009-07-15, 19:06   Link #1062
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post
Just noticed through the galore of hints from the airplanes.

Does Haruhi really just want to make paper airplanes and fly them off somewhere?

Since it's Haruhi, it couldn't be that far off.

Unless, of course. She wants to actually fly an airplane.

Kyon is a major moron here though, and I'm still in shock that everyone knows the situation, but no one does jack shit UNTIL THE DAMN END.

No wonder you have no time Kyon, you finally realize at the LAST MOMENT until she leaves off and repeats the cycle.
You know what really annoys me? It's not so much that he does that it's that he's shown every single time in his room on the last day saying that he'll think of something next time... Is he that much of an idiot not to consider that he might have been saying that all along? I know my first though if I knew that would be to question my every move but that's just me...
Old 2009-07-15, 19:19   Link #1063
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Really? Explain.
9 episodes left, and the only story that takes place between E8 and the school festival is Sighs. After the festival the only stories up until Disappearance is the anime-original Someday in the Rain. Should they end E8 tomorrow they'd have 8 episodes to fill time, meaning either making Sighs extra long or airing two original episodes instead of the 1 like during the last season ("Setting up" Disappearance by doing just the prologue would make it awkward for whenever we actually get that season). What would they do, would it be a two-parter? It'd be pretty hard to do too much as any such filler episode couldn't have anything of any consequence in it that'd effect the established story in a meaningful way, how could you stretch something like that over two episodes?
Old 2009-07-15, 19:21   Link #1064
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Why couldn't that DVD listing be wrong? Who says they can't cut down Sighs to three episodes and still air Disappearance? Sighs is the least popular story (for a good reason) anyway.

We'll see tomorrow morning anyway, but it's not like they can't finish airing it already.
Old 2009-07-15, 19:29   Link #1065
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
You know what really annoys me? It's not so much that he does that it's that he's shown every single time in his room on the last day saying that he'll think of something next time... Is he that much of an idiot not to consider that he might have been saying that all along? I know my first though if I knew that would be to question my every move but that's just me...
He may have, from time to time. It is 15,513 loops after all. A lot of things can happen in that amount of time based on probability. The only thing that is for certain...the loop didn't end. (and they went to the pool)
Old 2009-07-15, 19:46   Link #1066
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
a) The only proof that the loop is occuring is intense deja vu (which is, as you know, possible to experience without entering an actual time loop) and Yuki's word. Kyon may trust and rely on both but somewhere in his head I suspect he's also going "This isn't happening, this isn't happening". Since he can't remember the time loop happening, either, there is no way for him to know that it is happening until Mikuru's Revelation.

b) Even if he did realise that he has been saying 'I'll think of something next time' for however many cycles, it wouldn't make a difference; until he actually does think of something next time, the point is moot in the end.

c) Kyon's an idiot.
Old 2009-07-15, 20:41   Link #1067
Justin Kim
*Artist

LOL, that edited youtube picture image, complete genius.
Old 2009-07-15, 21:10   Link #1068
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Tell me if someone have a song about poor horses turned into thin bone powder and tartar steak.
Dunno the name of any particular song... but I guess the latest Britney Spears album would fit that description nicely
Old 2009-07-16, 00:16   Link #1069
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
b) Even if he did realise that he has been saying 'I'll think of something next time' for however many cycles, it wouldn't make a difference; until he actually does think of something next time, the point is moot in the end.
The key here is not whether he has deduced that he has been acting the same every time they discover the loop, it's actually him knowing first hand exactly how many times they have discovered the loop and failed. He could be thinking: hey, we've only found out about the time loop a couple dozen times at most, so maybe next time we'll figure something out.

When/if Yuki reveals this information next episode, that would be the first clue that the loop is gonna end.
Old 2009-07-16, 02:42   Link #1070
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill-Jênn View Post
Hey, I posted it yesterday on page 49 —___—...
[url]http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2514604#post2514604[/url
Oh, sorry about that. I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but I didn't think it was here. *slaps head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
The key here is not whether he has deduced that he has been acting the same every time they discover the loop, it's actually him knowing first hand exactly how many times they have discovered the loop and failed. He could be thinking: hey, we've only found out about the time loop a couple dozen times at most, so maybe next time we'll figure something out.

When/if Yuki reveals this information next episode, that would be the first clue that the loop is gonna end.
I agree. Yuki has to reveal this for the loop to end.
Old 2009-07-16, 03:44   Link #1071
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Unfortunately, what mokuseimaru and I have said here are all subjective observations based on the information available in our hands. I have a set of wave function, just as mokuseimaru does, and both holds truth given the different subset of information that we are working with and considering in our own 'localized' view. The interesting thing is, the moment that the episode is aired, we would have waveform collapse according to Copenhagen view as we'd be shown what is to rightfully exist...

The sad thing is, our knowledge of the system only permits us to say that state (|loop>) and state (|termination>) are the choices in the hands of the animators and that the outcome will be relayed to us by broadcast. The probability of (|loop>)+(|termination>)== 1. Whether or not if a NICE BOAT comes along to delay the transmission of the result is of no consequence to the decided outcome...

By the way, you cannot have (|loop>) && (|termination>), it is (|loop>) XOR (|termination>) when we see it as TV broadcast schedule has not allowed for (|loop>) && (|termination>) to be shown after all.

so... let nature run its course, ok...?
I got a C in Logic. But it fulfilled a credit that would otherwise have been...ugh...math.

Er, so I'll say that...nature running it's course be damned! We have free will and stuff...so, if this keeps going on maybe someone will just have to say enough is enough, steal any further Endless Eights that aren't the conclusion and commit the them to the ministrations of a well-aimed sledgehammer. The episodes already shown have been indelibly burnt into our minds and no one can take them back---but for any further ones, there is always a chance that someone will snatch the reigns of Fate from the hands of the gods (i.e. Kyoani and Kadokawa) and deliver us from another loop. We must rise up, my comrades, and take from these tyrants the anime we demand! Vive Haruhi! Vive la résistance!
Old 2009-07-16, 05:28   Link #1072
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Maybe Kyon doesn't want to end the loop. Maybe he likes it. What incentive is there for him to break the loop?

We all know that even though Kyon bitches and moans that he seriously loves this stuff. He loves being around Haruhi.

Plus he gets to see Mikuru in a bikini and a sweaty white t-shirt that clings to her breasts. Wow that was really a sexy scene.

Maybe he should ask Yuki to cover him in nano machines or something so that his memories aren't reset along side the loop. I don't know about you guys. But if I knew that at a certain time the world was gonna reset to 2 weeks earlier I would stay awake so I could witness the scene, wouldn't you?

Maybe Kyon is the all powerful one and he is causing the loop because he knows he didn't get his homework done so he subconsciously wished for summer not to end.
Old 2009-07-16, 06:07   Link #1073
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Maybe Kyon doesn't want to end the loop. Maybe he likes it. What incentive is there for him to break the loop?
Well, there's Mikuru being a complete emotional wreck, as well as subjecting Nagato to another two weeks of roughly the same events...

Quote:
I don't know about you guys. But if I knew that at a certain time the world was gonna reset to 2 weeks earlier I would stay awake so I could witness the scene, wouldn't you?
I'm actually surprised none of these has ended with Kyon staring at the clock as it hits 11:59:59...

Quote:
Maybe Kyon is the all powerful one and he is causing the loop because he knows he didn't get his homework done so he subconsciously wished for summer not to end.
I don't think Kyon would be that... petty.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-07-16 at 06:23.
Old 2009-07-16, 06:47   Link #1074
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Well, there's Mikuru being a complete emotional wreck, as well as subjecting Nagato to another two weeks of roughly the same events...
Those two things were not enough to get him to do anything for going on 600 years now. And those people didn't even try to do anything to help themselves.

Why wait until the last second that Haruhi is walking out the door? As if that is his only chance. And he still had all of tomorrow to talk to her. She said she had the day reserved. Why not call her up and be all like"yo, Haruhi. What are you doing today? Im kinda bored is there something you want to do today?"

Doesn't something like that seems to be the obvious thing to do?

I really like the Haruhi series and I even think looping these episodes is neat, but this has never been one of my favorite stories. Especially compared to Disappearance

Quote:
I don't think Kyon would be that... petty.
What you mean petty? Hasn't everyone wished in the back of their mind that summer vacation never ended and they didn't have to go back to school?
Old 2009-07-16, 06:52   Link #1075
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Sure, a lot of people generally don't want summer to end. I'm referring to him not wanting it to end because he failed to do his homework.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-16, 07:18   Link #1076
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
The fact that annoys me is that I've read the thing, and it was not as annoying as the anime loop
wait, it was not annoying at all
Old 2009-07-16, 08:40   Link #1077
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Those two things were not enough to get him to do anything for going on 600 years now. And those people didn't even try to do anything to help themselves.

Why wait until the last second that Haruhi is walking out the door? As if that is his only chance. And he still had all of tomorrow to talk to her. She said she had the day reserved. Why not call her up and be all like"yo, Haruhi. What are you doing today? Im kinda bored is there something you want to do today?"

Doesn't something like that seems to be the obvious thing to do?
See, the problem here is that they lack motivation to go out of their way to try and solve it. Why? Because as of this episode, Kyon doesn't exactly know how many times they have gone through the Revelation -> BAD END scenario. He could be thinking: Hey, we've only found out about the time loop a couple dozen times at most, so maybe next time we'll figure something out.

Strange, I got the feeling I've said the exact same lines just recently...
Old 2009-07-16, 09:06   Link #1078
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

There are so many solutions to the time loop. I really hope they do an anime exclusive ending because the book ending is stupid and not obvious IMO.

What pisses me off is the SOS is dismissed with one day left. Kyon does that stupid thing at the cafe and then is like "Nooooooo shes gone!"

He still has the whole next day! Why does he sit around his house doing nothing? Why does he believe that the solution has be in the cafe scene? He could have called her up anytime during that day.

He didn't even call Koizumi for advice.

There are just too many plot holes. I can't wait for disappearance.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:31   Link #1079
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
There are so many solutions to the time loop. I really hope they do an anime exclusive ending because the book ending is stupid and not obvious IMO.

What pisses me off is the SOS is dismissed with one day left. Kyon does that stupid thing at the cafe and then is like "Nooooooo shes gone!"

He still has the whole next day! Why does he sit around his house doing nothing? Why does he believe that the solution has be in the cafe scene? He could have called her up anytime during that day.

He didn't even call Koizumi for advice.

There are just too many plot holes. I can't wait for disappearance.
I felt that it was obvious enough. It was not what they did, but the action in itself
Old 2009-07-19, 15:14   Link #1080
Aqua Knight

Teh animation was superb in this episode
10/10
who cares about the neverending pace anyways?

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2009-07-19 at 16:15.
Closed Thread