AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-01, 11:55   Link #221
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Yeah, I was pretty surprised to find out if you read the booklet, the ending was pretty much spoiled. But remember there was a warning saying not read past a certain section because of spoilers.
Oh, that's fair, then. I'm still surprised, but as long as there's a warning it makes sense that they could go into more detail.

Quote:
As for number 2... well, it looks like she was already dealing with pretty hard cases even before the Mariage case. In fact, I think she even complains how always dealing with really nasty cases and that's all she gets. I don't think it was a choice at first, it was probably a one time thing and then she found out no one else was doing it so she didn't complain when her second case turned out to be nasty too.

And then she went straight back to it once she got back.

That being said, it would not surprise me if deliberately took the nasty cases by choice. The Japanese text implies she 'returned' to duty with the terrible cases, but it never mentions if she chose to take them in the first place or if it just got shoved on her.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm mostly just glad that she didn't end up in a harder/uglier/lower status part of the case load as a result of the Mariage case, so either she's doing this because she wants to or she was assigned there anyway, so it's not a "demotion" to Violent Crimes.

Quote:
Takamachi Nanoha (23)
CV: Yukari Tamura
Currently 23 years old and currently active duty/working as a magic teacher/instructor for Air Combat Tactics.
14 years ago, she and her best friend Fate fondly recall how they met for the first time, participating in commentary.

(Note: I can't believe I have to do this. God damn it people 親友 【しんゆう】 = shinyuu (n) close friend; bosom (old, intimate) friend; buddy; crony; chum; (P). I can't change what's written in the goddamn booklet. No it doesn't say lover, wife, fellow co parent, etc.)
Okay, I've got to ask. Huh? You edited the post 1 hr. after originally making it, with no response in the thread to say that...and so far as I know, RadiantBeam (to a certain extent, though also liking other Nanoha pairings), deathcurse, and I are the only Nanoha/Fate shippers to routinely post on AnimeSuki any more, and none of us are stupid enough to think there'd be any confirmation of any romance between any of the main characters in an official product. So what brought this on?
Old 2011-01-01, 12:07   Link #222
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's possible he got a dirty PM from someone. The movie, and the movie sound stages in particular, were one of the bigger "hopes" for the more extreme NanoFate crowd. To have something like this dash those hopes, well, I can envision at least one person striking out.

And Dezo, you aren't the only people who post on AS who like NanoFate. ;p I don't mind it myself, although I'm more of a Yuuno/Nanoha/Fate threesome guy, heh. And even NanoFate fans at least read AS, even if they don't post. Most of the best fanfiction is posted here first, and it's a nice central place for translation updates. No matter how much some might hate AS, they still come here to read posts.
Old 2011-01-01, 12:08   Link #223
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Okay, I've got to ask. Huh? You edited the post 1 hr. after originally making it, with no response in the thread to say that...and so far as I know, RadiantBeam (to a certain extent, though also liking other Nanoha pairings), deathcurse, and I are the only Nanoha/Fate shippers to routinely post on AnimeSuki any more, and none of us are stupid enough to think there'd be any confirmation of any romance between any of the main characters in an official product. So what brought this on?
Email message from an acquaintance who wanted a small translation, I don't give my translations exclusively to just you guys. I often post translations on my blog or just send it over by AIM, IRC, and a whole slew of chats and emails.

Often, they're not anything of note. But his hope for a confirmation of the relationship between Nanoha and Fate got dashed, he didn't react in a particularly pleasant way, not as unpleasant as you might think, but his implication that I was deliberately trolling him with 'an biased translation' was unamusing.
Old 2011-01-01, 13:27   Link #224
Lexich

What hopes could there be? That 7Arcs suddenly changes it's modus operandi? Admirable aspiration, but to expect anything definitive as "100% Word of God" for or against NanoFate, before franchise ends (and even then), might be overdoing it.
Saying Fate is Nanoha's best friend confirms, or denies, nothing. It simply reiterates what everyone already knew.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:05   Link #225
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
so far as I know, RadiantBeam (to a certain extent, though also liking other Nanoha pairings), deathcurse, and I are the only Nanoha/Fate shippers to routinely post on AnimeSuki any more
Nah, there's plenty more than just you 3. Demi and Koveras Alvane are two others off the top of my head. There are more around that just lurk and converse through PMs.

AS is seen by the rest of the fandom as being 'anti-NanoFate' and that any NanoFate fans here are persecuted and trolled for shipping it. This is likely due to a) people here not immediately jumping on the NanoFate bandwagon and actually examining things objectively and see that no pairing is canon. Or b) because I'm here I know for a fact my Yuunoha signatures have driven away some of the more diehard NanoFate fans.

I can certainly see why they'd be all testy about this, but that doesn't mean I approve of it. With the movie sound stage we had the whole "Takamachi Family" thing, which people snapped up as irrefutable proof that NanoFate is canon. Naturally they completely ignore that family can mean different things and that close friends can be family. They see Nanoha and Fate being considered family as "That means they're a married couple! Because the only way for non-blood related people to become family is through marriage! (Or adoption, but it's not like Nanoha adopted Fate or something.)"

Obviously Nagumo's recent translation inconveniences that belief, and thus those desperate enough to hang onto their beliefs will try to invalidate this new information. In this case it's easy to accuse Nagumo of incorrect/bias translations, which is amusing seeing as how Nagumo translated the "Takamachi Family" thing in the first place!

So don't let it get to you, Nagumo. These are people who plug their ears and go "Lalala, I'm not hearing this, lalala!" when they hear something they don't want to. All of us here know that you're neutral on this whole subject, and thus your translations are objective and, from what I can tell, quite accurate. Thanks for all your hard work

Even with a fandom such as this, I can't really think of many cases of bias translating... I think the only instance I know of is with different translations for Vivid chapter 1. One group had Vivio describing Fate as Nanoha's best friend, and another group had Fate described as Nanoha's "most important person."
Old 2011-01-01, 17:20   Link #226
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'd say here is best because it seems to refer more to the movie 1st sound stages.

... Why yes, this pleases me
Almost as much as it pleases me that Yuuno doesn't get to talk in the commentary.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:37   Link #227
mielipuoli

Poor Yuuno. Demoted to extra and then some...then again, there's also Admiral Grumpypants too, but at least Chrono got himself the best voice actor for StrikerS.

So far as I know, the closest that anything's come to a canon relationship (among the major girls at least, we always forget Chrono/Amy and Griffith/Lucino) is Subaru's outright declaration to Teana in the sound stages. It wasn't reciprocated directly, but you gotta give her points for at least going that far.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:53   Link #228
Nagumo
Random Translator

There's also a magic dictionary right behind the DVD commentator intro.

Spoiler for Large image:

Farewell/Parting

The two girls, who met, fought, misunderstood each other utterly, and finally come to an understanding.
The girl who reached out with her hand and feelings, and the girl who reached out to take/accept it.
They exchange ribbons to remember each other by as the two share tears and smiles as they bid each other farewell.
(Trans note: Being a little poetical here. But I think it captures the mood best)
Old 2011-01-01, 17:54   Link #229
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Email message from an acquaintance who wanted a small translation, I don't give my translations exclusively to just you guys. I often post translations on my blog or just send it over by AIM, IRC, and a whole slew of chats and emails.

Often, they're not anything of note. But his hope for a confirmation of the relationship between Nanoha and Fate got dashed, he didn't react in a particularly pleasant way, not as unpleasant as you might think, but his implication that I was deliberately trolling him with 'an biased translation' was unamusing.
Oh, I see. I didn't even realize you had a blog! Wow, I can't even wrap my head around that kind of response...
Old 2011-01-01, 22:55   Link #230
Nagumo
Random Translator

Magic Dictionary
Stinger Blade

A spell that create many magical blades, the spell can be shot/discharged to destroy multiple targets.
It also possible to have each individual blade target a different, unique target.
It is difficult to defend efficiently against this attack of magical blades due to its target control, and is an extremely effective mass group/anti personnel attack.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:26   Link #231
Nihilanth

Teana's going on leave is, apart from her culpability or the implications it has for her career, a fairly significant step toward maturity for her. In StrikerS, after almost hitting Subaru during the hotel incident, she decided to push herself even farther to make up for her mistake, and did not take being put off duty (even considering the other Forwards and Signum were merely on standby while Nanoha, Fate and Vita attacked the drones) well at all. Here, she's taking a step back after (at least in her perception) a mistake, so that rather than plunge back in and make another mistake while trying to make up for her failing, she will come back when she's ready in order to do better in the future. The decision is also similar to Subaru taking time off to train (and meeting Touma in the process) after the devastating fire in Force.
Old 2011-06-04, 22:46   Link #232
Nagumo
Random Translator

I'm not sure where to put this, but
http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/

This way people can actually, you know, see which cd drama is which and find those scattered translations I did for the booklets and such. Cheers
Old 2011-06-04, 23:22   Link #233
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
I'm not sure where to put this, but
http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/

This way people can actually, you know, see which cd drama is which and find those scattered translations I did for the booklets and such. Cheers
Do you mind if I link that for the people over at Mai-Universe? I noted there were several Mai-HiME tracks (like the drinking scenes on Disk 1) that you'd done beyond the ones customarily known.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:34   Link #234
Nagumo
Random Translator

http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/...rama+CD+Side+T

Track 1 has been translated for Side T.

Looks like this is going to be another boring long slog, full of moe and not a lot of real hard interesting information.

Track 1: Vivio and Friends After School
Spoiler for Track 1:
Old 2012-01-22, 23:44   Link #235
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Looks like this is going to be another boring long slog, full of moe and not a lot of real hard interesting information.
You have my sympathies for the tedious gold-panning, and my thanks for any hard interesting information you DO find.
Old 2012-01-23, 05:01   Link #236
mechdra

Who is the VA for Rio and Corona?
Old 2012-01-23, 10:35   Link #237
Kuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
You have my sympathies for the tedious gold-panning, and my thanks for any hard interesting information you DO find.
I tried to go through the chinese transcript that Leoheart put it, but I just couldn't finish it. Praise Nagumo, for that user has far more patience than I do.

I for my part, plead Black Library ongoing reading that distracts me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra
Who is the VA for Rio and Corona?
From Jinnsk's post in the Movie 2nd thread:
Quote:
Einhalt Stratos:Noto Mamiko
Corona Timil:Fukuen Misato
Rio Wezry:Kitamura Eri
Miura Linaldy:Ito Kanae
Old 2012-01-24, 21:30   Link #238
Nagumo
Random Translator

http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/...rama+CD+Side+T

track 2 has been translated. Short and sweet...

2: Fate and Teana
Spoiler for Track 2:

Last edited by Nagumo; 2012-01-24 at 22:45. Reason: correcting case name
Old 2012-01-24, 22:22   Link #239
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
2: Fate and Teana
Fate: These are the Einhart Incident/Case investigative reports. There are no p
It's not Einhart.Fate said "hainberu".please presume it is one of incidents we don't know.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:44   Link #240
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
It's not Einhart.Fate said "hainberu".please presume it is one of incidents we don't know.
Oh I see, misheard that one. Should probably check the Chinese translations more to make sure I'm hearing things right.

Well correcting... Hainberg? Heinberg? Heinbell?
Closed Thread