AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-01, 23:30   Link #141
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
They're sure showing that earring a lot. I have a feeling that's just getting us Sheryl Shippers' hopes up before dashing them. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Oh ye of little faith.

We'll never know. And in the same vein, they might be showing those Alto and Ranka scenes in the trailer, so that they can dash their hopes too.
You guys are so silly, it's Kawamori we're talking about here. Trolling at his best by "brows" himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Suddenly I find it totally ridiculous that I'm watching the 2nd movie trailer, yet haven't even seen the first movie. Whyy >_>
Yeah, I have to say that I feel the same way. It's so weird Well we'll probably get the second movie much quicker than the first. We'll probably be able to watch the first movie subbed by mid to the end of October. Maybe sooner if we're lucky.

Speaking of subs, can anyone give us a quick translation of what was said during this trailer? It would be a much appreciated

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-10-02 at 00:54. Reason: October not December :X
Old 2010-10-02, 00:53   Link #142
magnuskn

Quote:
They're sure showing that earring a lot. I have a feeling that's just getting us Sheryl Shippers' hopes up before dashing them. :/
Oh, c'mon. Don't be so pessimistic.

At least the first movie will be out in a few days and we'll have spoilers for the second one as soon as it launches.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:40   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Suddenly I find it totally ridiculous that I'm watching the 2nd movie trailer, yet haven't even seen the first movie. Whyy >_>
As if not having seen the first film yet is going to stop the lot of us from checking out the trailer for the second film.
Old 2010-10-02, 04:12   Link #144
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
In all honesty, aside from that earring stuff I don't see anything for Sheryl shippers.
I have a terrible feeling, this trailer was giving an huge Alto/Ranka feeling for me.

Forgive me while I go in my corner, crying.

Old 2010-10-02, 04:14   Link #145
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I have a terrible feeling, this trailer was giving an huge Alto/Ranka feeling for me.
The second film was looking pretty Ranka focused thanks to all those mahou shoujo images , so i just look at it as being a follow up to that, and don't think about it that much.
Old 2010-10-02, 04:21   Link #146
moncikoma

yeah..everything looks on ranka...i think it is quite fair...since she already lost to sheryl so many steps behind...but still...in the end the winner is sheryl..yeah! it is a must..hehe

anyway.. i have been wondering..who this might be?
sheryl or grace?

anyway...i see many timeline from season 1.... what the hell is kawamori thinking...?

i thought it will be a sequel.. a new story..
why are they fighting grace and vajra again???

Last edited by moncikoma; 2010-10-02 at 04:37.
Old 2010-10-02, 04:28   Link #147
moncikoma

who is he with? from the hair looks like sheryl... but from the height..looks like ranka..XD
Old 2010-10-02, 04:38   Link #148
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post

who is he with? from the hair looks like sheryl... but from the height..looks like ranka..XD
It's on the beach, it's Ranka -_-
Pfff lame cliche. Gimme the same with sheriruuu.

Old 2010-10-02, 04:39   Link #149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Could just be the Macross Zero scene. I mean we do see Alto and Ranka kiss under water.
Old 2010-10-02, 05:12   Link #150
magnuskn

Quote:
yeah..everything looks on ranka...i think it is quite fair...since she already lost to sheryl so many steps behind...but still...in the end the winner is sheryl..yeah! it is a must..hehe

anyway.. i have been wondering..who this might be?
sheryl or grace?
It's effectively the same apparatus young Sheryl was hooked up to in the picture from episode 18, so my guess is that it is her again, only a tad older than in the series. Although if it is Sheryl, she is surprisingly... flat.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:11   Link #151
KaoruLia

Quote:

Wowww! Nice scenery! (Is a sucker for pretty sunsets) And I don't even mind the AltoxRanka scenes... After the non-romance and platonic!ness of Gundam 00 movie, I'm looking forward to some real romantic scenes. I'm also interested to see reinterpretations of the triangle XD

edit: Maybe it's Klan?

Last edited by KaoruLia; 2010-10-02 at 07:27.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:34   Link #152
sweetgirl121

oh no, getting so much rankaXalto vibe in this movie, I knew they only made the movies so they can shove ranka ending down our throat.
Old 2010-10-02, 08:13   Link #153
magnuskn

God, stop being such whining ninnies, y'all. Let's wait for some more substantive spoilers than a trailer which doesn't even show any meaningful romantic undertones for a possible AltoxRanka pairing.
Old 2010-10-02, 10:09   Link #154
LC
Shocking Pink

Trailer looked all right. There wasn't enough Sheryl in general. As for the pairings, strangely, I'm not worried about the scenes with Alto and Ranka. Last movie, the trailer had wwaaayyy more AltoxSheryl than this had AltoxRanka even though the first movie wasn't devoid of the latter.
Old 2010-10-02, 10:54   Link #155
user112168
Disabled By Request

Quote:
i thought it will be a sequel.. a new story..
why are they fighting grace and vajra again???
I haven't seen the first movie, but it covers episodes 1 - 7 with some changes in plot.
Movie 2 *should* cover eps 8 - 25, though I think many minor events will be left out.

All "macross" feature movies since DYRL have only recapped series, not extended.

I wouldn't be surprise if there were 3 Frontier movies though, 18 eps worth seems a lot to get through, and I just saw the tralier, looked more like the middle of the series than anything right at the end.

It might well end with Michel's death? That'd give them some breathing space to do a better ending.

Or have they ruled this out, anyone?

Last edited by user112168; 2010-10-02 at 11:15.
Old 2010-10-02, 11:10   Link #156
user112168
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
You guys are so silly, it's Kawamori we're talking about here. Trolling at his best by "brows" himself
I can't believe some people on here are still like, "oh Kawamori is SURE going to give me the ending I wan't - THIS TIME" after how the series ended.

btw If a writer is NOT trolling you, he's not doing his job.

Hmm...that might mean a ship after all....
Old 2010-10-02, 13:29   Link #157
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Speaking of subs, can anyone give us a quick translation of what was said during this trailer? It would be a much appreciated
Leaving out the somewhat rhetorical narration...

Spoiler for quick trans:

@reelyanoob
Unfortunately, there won't be a third movie: this one is called the concluding volume (完結編), and it's apparently heading towards a new ending (新たなる結末).

And they had better NOT kill Michel!

and p.s. You can just edit your post to add more info rather than posting yet another one.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-02 at 13:41.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:41   Link #158
justavisitor

I was so upbeat when I heard you guys saying there are so many RankaxAlto moments in the trailer...and then I watched the trailer...damn nothing special imo XD

I think the ending will be similar with the TV series....3 ppl living together happily ever after
But Kawamori, please prove me wrong and give me a RankaxAlto ending
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-02, 14:28   Link #159
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I was so upbeat when I heard you guys saying there are so many RankaxAlto moments in the trailer...and then I watched the trailer...damn nothing special imo XD

I think the ending will be similar with the TV series....3 ppl living together happily ever after
But Kawamori, please prove me wrong and give me a RankaxAlto ending
Ranka doesn't deserve that kind of ending.
Old 2010-10-02, 14:34   Link #160
justavisitor

hmm, you haven't even seen the movie 1....I thought movie and TV are different things...How do you know the Ranka in the movie doesn't deserve it??

(I am not even going to mention the TV Ranka lol..too tired XD)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song