AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 12.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-26, 08:45   Link #221
giorno

it was partially pity and partially 'she's not a true villain'...which led to even more pity, i guess...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 09:40   Link #222
n120cky

hmm . . . now and in the last episode Mikoto is wearing a flower hair pin, am I missing some episode or it's just an upgrade for her character ? I mean she's wearing it on the op song but doesn't wear it on episode 1(assuming it has straight time line).
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 10:17   Link #223
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
it was partially pity and partially 'she's not a true villain'...which led to even more pity, i guess...
If even Accelerator wants to give her a hug, you know something is very wrong.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 11:40   Link #224
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
hmm . . . now and in the last episode Mikoto is wearing a flower hair pin, am I missing some episode or it's just an upgrade for her character ? I mean she's wearing it on the op song but doesn't wear it on episode 1(assuming it has straight time line).
Episode 1 takes place on the same day Accel saved Last Order and before the Hyouka arc. It was skipped in the first season.
Old 2010-11-26, 12:31   Link #225
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Episode 1 takes place on the same day Accel saved Last Order and before the Hyouka arc. It was skipped in the first season.
ah . . . that make sense, thank you for the info.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 12:35   Link #226
tsunade666

To be precise the episode 1 happens after Misaka's forced date and Fake unabara incident. The reason why Touma was so tired when he meet Misaka because he just got back home after saving the girl who Ouma likes. So he hasn't much sleep and no assignments.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:39   Link #227
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Awaki sneak attacked Kuroko, teleporting a corkscrew and two or three spikes into her body
Kuroko did just the same to her by teleporting a corkscrew and three spikes into Awaki's body, so they're even.

Quote:
two quesions: One- Which one do you think should have been punched. Only one of them, or both of them? Or possibly neither?
What the wind bow did was no bit better. Either the wind bow guy should've got Falcon Punched and then dropped 10+ stories as well, or, if he was pardoned, Awaki should've been pardoned just the same.
Pardoning the wind bow guy, but beating up Awaki is just extremely unjust.

Quote:
Two- Why do you think she didn't deserve to be punched?
As I said, she wasn't a threat at all anymore. She was already totally spent from the confrontation before, and she was too scared of Accelerator to do anything anyway.
After the Remnant got destroyed, there was *no* reason whatsoever anymore to still beat her up, it was nothing but needless violence. It just showed that Accelerator is a psycopathic freak who likes to beat up girls for fun (guess that's just the way he is).
Old 2010-11-26, 16:17   Link #228
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
After the Remnant got destroyed, there was *no* reason whatsoever anymore to still beat her up, it was nothing but needless violence. It just showed that Accelerator is a psycopathic freak who likes to beat up girls for fun (guess that's just the way he is).
Why are you ignoring the key points of Ashaman's argument? Awaki shot Kuroko, kicked the wound several times, and then tried to KILL Kuroko by dropping a 4520kg mass on her. That sounds like plenty of reasons to me. If Accel hadn't punished her, her actions would have restarted the SISTERs experiment (and she knew this full well but still pursued her own goals despite that), and you're telling us the lives of 10000+ people don't matter?

Perhaps the second or fourth ranked Level 5 would be more than happy to replace Accelerator's role in that, and there are countless scientists in the city who would be interested in being involved. Once the Tree Diagram is rebuilt, it would be nearly impossible to destroy. High-powered attacks like Index's Dragon Breath that can blast through a great distance into space don't come that often.

Also, the Tree Diagram was the key factor in creating the SISTERs experiment. Who knows what even more horrifying experiments they could come up with if they had this supercomputer at their disposal?

Accel knew that and so intercepted Awaki to eliminate the possibility of that happening. Yes, he could have destroyed the Remnant and left it at that, but the punch after that was a warning to Awaki and a reality check for her to consider the magnitude of her actions and what very might well happen to her should she try pulling off something like this again. He could have easily killed her in a gruesome manner, but he went easy on her and she only got off with a punch to the face.

And do not bring up the topic of genders into this. It does NOT matter whether the criminal is a girl or not. If Awaki had been a man, then would you have argued the same points as you did here?
Old 2010-11-26, 18:33   Link #229
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

You still haven't said anything about the wind bow guy, who was completely fucked up in the head. First he tried to kill (or at least badly harm) Touma by devastating his appartment. Luckily for Touma, he wasn't there.
Then he tracked down Touma to the restaurant and attacked him there, not caring at all about any innocent bystanders. Next he kidnapped Index and tried to get out one of her books. This only failed because of his inability to do so eventually, but not because of a lack of determination or motivation. He *would* have done it, if he could've.

Had he actually succeeded with his sinister plan, all hell would've been loose, especially if other parties would've got the book - which, once it would've been out there, would've been highly likely. Take for example those fanatics from the Catholic church. If they would've got that book, they would've used it to reinstate the Inquisition and plunge the world into a second Dark Middleage. Compared to that, a second Sister experiment would've been a walk in the park.
And no, I don't want to hear any of this "but he had a good motive to help someone" nonsense. You can't justify messed-up crimes with that.

Still, inspite all this, nothing at all was done about him so he doesn't try it again later. He certainly would have enough determination for a second (or third, fourth, etc.) try. "Ok, so it didn't work out with this book, let's try a different one next time. There are 103,000 of them, so plenty of tries left."
You go on and on about how it was neccessary to punish Awaki so she doesn't try again, yet nothing at all was done about the wind bow guy so that he doesn't do it again. That's extremely hypocritical
Either punish them both the same, or pardon them both the same. Anything else is totally messed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
And do not bring up the topic of genders into this. It does NOT matter whether the criminal is a girl or not.
With the wind bow freak being a man and getting pardoned, and Awaki being a girl and getting beaten up, this actually might be gender related - although just the other way round as one may expect.
Old 2010-11-26, 21:04   Link #230
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I didn't say anything about Yamisaka in my post, did I?

Yamisaka did the only thing he could think of to save the woman he loved while nearly killing himself in the process. He had no greed in his intention and he was simply looking for a book to cure her, or else he would have taken all the books that he could when he went into Index's mind. There's no reason for him to do what he did again since Touma dispelled the curse that was slowly draining away her life. He was heavily internally bleeding and almost died, and that was his own punishment.

I'm not going to argue that what Yamisaka did (completely wrecking Touma's apartment/the restaurant) justifies his intentions. You should do the same for Awaki.

You're using Yamisaka's punishment as a comparison to Awaki's, but remember Aureolus Izzard from season 1? He was a guy who had a goal in trying to save Index, yet ultimately Touma broke him down mentally and did something unspeakable to him (with the dragon coming out from his arm). Accelerator himself was punched so hard by Touma he passed out. Sherry Cromwell, wanting to take revenge on both magic and science for killing Ellis, was also punched so hard she passed out. There's never been a distinction in punishing villains in Index whether they're male or female, magic or science, good intentions or not.

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-11-26 at 22:21.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 21:41   Link #231
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well, at least we have Sphinx to "finish" Ouma off...

Himeji, from the way you're telling, I can't help but think you made it sound as if picking up a grimoire is as if standing next a bookshelf in a library and pulling out a book out from it. Ouma's arc clearly demonstrated what will happen if your ordinary magician were to try to access the Index Librorum Prohibitum, and Ouma can't cope with it.

And because of that, he learnt his lesson (and him learning Touma has that hand called Imagine Breaker which can dispel anything within contact kinda make his whole adventure to find Index pretty useless) and have suffered enough consequences that Touma just made Sphinx deliver the "final blow" instead (as "punishment" for ruining his homework). Awaki? She just ran away without learning her lesson.

Accelerator on the other hand was trying to do Last Order a favor by stopping people from gathering the Remnants, and as the central guy in the Level 6 experiments, he pretty much knew the reason why Last Order wants Awaki to be stopped as she's one of the culprits behind the gathering of the Remnants.

Him punching Awaki to a brutal knockout rather than direct to the graveyard, is still pretty kind of him. If he still had that Level 6 Experiment personality back then, we won't get to see her again beyond this point.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 01:05   Link #232
tsunade666

@himeji - your a girl ... right? if the answer is yes then I can see why your kinda bent up on the situation on awaki. Well ACCELERATOR is the one who find her first than Touma. But either way Awaki would still be getting what he deserves. As long as she got the parts of remnant, she is still a threat. So the Remnant needs to be destroyed at all cost. And Ouma wouldn't do it again because the girl he likes is save already by Imagine Breaker and if your talking about before Touma arrives. He would probably still keep looking at the grimoires until he dies.
Old 2010-11-27, 10:03   Link #233
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
@himeji - your a girl ... right? if the answer is yes then I can see why your kinda bent up on the situation on awaki.
Well, last time I checked... you could also look at my profile.

Quote:
Well ACCELERATOR is the one who find her first than Touma.
So you're saying that if Touma found her first, she would've got the same "Let's all hug" ending as the wind bow freak?
She only got beaten up because she met that psycopath Accelerator, who enjoys beating up girls?
That I could understand.

Quote:
But either way Awaki would still be getting what he deserves. As long as she got the parts of remnant, she is still a threat. So the Remnant needs to be destroyed at all cost.
The Remnant, which she carried around with her in that suitcase, *is* destroyed. Which means that, also by your definition, Awaki is *not* a threat anymore. Yet she still gets beaten up and then dropped 10+ stories.

Quote:
And Ouma wouldn't do it again because the girl he likes is save already by Imagine Breaker
We don't know anything about that. Touma just says that it *could* be possible that his Imagine Breaker could help her. We don't see if he actually gets around to doing it, and if he does, if it actually worked.
It could very weel be that Touma is too busy with other stuff (Amakusa and all), and the wind bow freak gets impatient and starts hunting grimoires again. Or it doesn't work, or just partially, andthe wind bow freak isn't content with the result, and goes after grimoires again as well. In those cases, there would be *nothing* that would stop him from that.

Quote:
and if your talking about before Touma arrives. He would probably still keep looking at the grimoires until he dies.
That's what I'm saying. If things should turn out not to his liking, nothing would keep him from further tries.
Old 2010-11-27, 10:28   Link #234
tsunade666

I haven't check any profiles of people I knew in forum. -_- after checking it .... ah okay

And the remnant was destroyed by accelerator then followed up by a punch which give her a taste of pain she inflict. Plus a don't mess with the sisters again thing. Accelerator is already nice to not kill her off. because if it's the pass one he would.

If Touma find Awaki first. their are chances that if Awaki surrender then that's it but knowing awaki she wouldn't surrender. So she would still fought with Touma and Teleporter vs Touma is a bad one because Teleportation is useless vs Touma and the current awaky by that time is already exhausted so she can't do much at all. So that still ended up with a falcun punch and Touma retrieving the suitcase.

That suitcase is important and it needed to be destroyed no matter what or else some people would take a liking to it.

And Awaki is still lucky for meeting either Touma or Accelerator because if she meet the ones in the dark side. They would just rain bullets on her.

About the curse. I haven't re watched yet the episode 1 so I'm not sure if the sickness of the girl is explained. But I'm sure the girl is cursed and cursed wouldn't work on Imagine Breaker. It has a 100 chances of destroying it. Or even if it can't be destroyed immediately because the core is not on the girl then Touma wouldn't stop unless it's destroyed.

Same with The case of Awaki. Tuma wouldn't stop unless she caught awaki but it ended up being not needed.
Old 2010-11-27, 10:29   Link #235
Seihai
スマイリウム

I would like to say that if the final scenes of episode 1 weren't clear enough, Touma in fact was able to heal the person Ouma tried to save.

And about the suitcase, are you saying that Accelerator should have considered to cease his attack within the seconds he was talking and focusing on Awaki?
I mean, he obviously targeted Awaki, not the suitcase. It was only destroyed because she used it for defending herself.
If I were Accelerator and if I had the intent on knocking out Awaki, but happened to hit the suitcase first, I surely wouldn't be able to think:
"Oops I hit the suitcase, let's land and let her escape, the sister experiment won't be started anymore and it doesn't make sense to hit her anymore"
within those two seconds I originally intended to knock out Awaki.
Besides, if you really just want to think he is some psychopath (let's ignore the gender stuff...) then there is less reason to question his actions, and he can't be compared to Touma because he simply isn't him.
Also, while the suitcase still existed, it was reasonable to punch either of those two (Awaki / suitcase).
Btw. since Touma wouldn't be able to destroy the suitcase with just a punch, I guess he would have punched Awaki just like he did punch Agnese, but Agnese's case is yet another topic.
Old 2010-11-27, 10:53   Link #236
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Oh well. If suddenly AC decides that one shouldn't go bringing the Remnant about, Awaki's going to be done for by AC itself, by means that I won't be talking about. *cough*_____Dogs*cough*

And it won't be any kinder than Accelerator's punch to the face in the air knocking her 10 floors down to the ground.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 12:04   Link #237
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Kuroko did just the same to her by teleporting a corkscrew and three spikes into Awaki's body, so they're even.
And Awaki shot Kuroko, then tried to drop a 4.5 ton item on her. Less even.

Quote:
What the wind bow did was no bit better. Either the wind bow guy should've got Falcon Punched and then dropped 10+ stories as well, or, if he was pardoned, Awaki should've been pardoned just the same.
Pardoning the wind bow guy, but beating up Awaki is just extremely unjust.
Except the Wind guy's only casulty was himself. The only one his actions would have hurt was himself. And Touma, but Touma doesn't care about that. Index wasn't in pain during the procedure, as far as I can tell.

Awaki actions may have lead to Kuroko's death, and (here is the only thing Accel cares about) the restrat of the Sisters experiment - i.e. 9978 deaths.
Whe confrontd with this, Awaki's reactions is to basically scoff.

Quote:
As I said, she wasn't a threat at all anymore. She was already totally spent from the confrontation before, and she was too scared of Accelerator to do anything anyway.
Punishment?

Afterall, her actions caused Accel to have to get out of bed.

More seriously, because of her, the Experiment may of started again. Accel would (and could) kill to stop that.

Quote:
You still haven't said anything about the wind bow guy, who was completely fucked up in the head. First he tried to kill (or at least badly harm) Touma by devastating his appartment. Luckily for Touma, he wasn't there.
Then he tracked down Touma to the restaurant and attacked him there, not caring at all about any innocent bystanders. Next he kidnapped Index and tried to get out one of her books. This only failed because of his inability to do so eventually, but not because of a lack of determination or motivation. He *would* have done it, if he could've.
And then he would have either died or saved the life of his girlfriend. Oh Noes!

Quote:
Had he actually succeeded with his sinister plan, all hell would've been loose, especially if other parties would've got the book - which, once it would've been out there, would've been highly likely. Take for example those fanatics from the Catholic church. If they would've got that book, they would've used it to reinstate the Inquisition and plunge the world into a second Dark Middleage. Compared to that, a second Sister experiment would've been a walk in the park.
And no, I don't want to hear any of this "but he had a good motive to help someone" nonsense. You can't justify messed-up crimes with that.
I can't remember which book he wanted, but as someone pointed out, that is not how Glimories work. Wind guy taking it just means there is an extra copy in his head, and it is not like Copies of other Glims don't exist. To be honest, the most likely outcome was his death, because that is what taking a Glim into yourself does If you are not... Something enough. No clue why Index is fine, but she is the exception, not the norm.

Quote:
Still, inspite all this, nothing at all was done about him so he doesn't try it again later. He certainly would have enough determination for a second (or third, fourth, etc.) try. "Ok, so it didn't work out with this book, let's try a different one next time. There are 103,000 of them, so plenty of tries left."
You go on and on about how it was neccessary to punish Awaki so she doesn't try again, yet nothing at all was done about the wind bow guy so that he doesn't do it again. That's extremely hypocritical
Either punish them both the same, or pardon them both the same. Anything else is totally messed up!
Touma succeeded in saving the girl. A simple touch and *Don*, problem solved.

If it hadn't worked, and he tried something similar, I think Touma would have punched him out and told him, "Instead of searching for something that could kill you, spend more time with the one you Love - Touma Punch.

The difference here was that Touma could solve the problem.

Accel can't solve her problem.

He's not Hero enough.

Right now he is at Psycho Level

Quote:
With the wind bow freak being a man and getting pardoned, and Awaki being a girl and getting beaten up, this actually might be gender related - although just the other way round as one may expect.
I wouldn't look into it too deeply.

Quote:
So you're saying that if Touma found her first, she would've got the same "Let's all hug" ending as the wind bow freak?
She only got beaten up because she met that psycopath Accelerator, who enjoys beating up girls?
That I could understand.
Pretty plausible, if Awaki had surrendered.

Quote:
The Remnant, which she carried around with her in that suitcase, *is* destroyed. Which means that, also by your definition, Awaki is *not* a threat anymore. Yet she still gets beaten up and then dropped 10+ stories.
She got a single punch in the face for an instant K.O.

Its not like she was bruttally beaten. Though the 10 story thing is a little

Quote:
We don't know anything about that. Touma just says that it *could* be possible that his Imagine Breaker could help her. We don't see if he actually gets around to doing it, and if he does, if it actually worked.
It could very weel be that Touma is too busy with other stuff (Amakusa and all), and the wind bow freak gets impatient and starts hunting grimoires again. Or it doesn't work, or just partially, andthe wind bow freak isn't content with the result, and goes after grimoires again as well. In those cases, there would be *nothing* that would stop him from that.
Trust me on this, Touma does save the WindBow girlfriend. That very night, actually. If that was't shown/stated in the anime episode, that's an anime fail I didn't realise.

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. If things should turn out not to his liking, nothing would keep him from further tries.
And like I said above, he probably would have got a punch in the face if he tried again.

Oh, and you seem to be forgetting that WindBow guy was down for the count, his head mostly exploded and blood streaming from his eyes, ears and nose. I think that if he was still up, he would have gotten a Touma Punch, but he was unconcious. Awaki wasn't.

Sure, she was beyond rattled, and most likely would have run if given the chance, but.... well, she wasn't.

She teleported to try and protect herself, and then Accel destroyed the case in mid-air.

If he would have stopped there and just let her go, It would have felt weird to me.

Can you honestly say different?

Quote:
It just showed that Accelerator is a psycopathic freak who likes to beat up girls for fun (guess that's just the way he is).
These two lines annoy me. Accelerator does not like picking on girls.

Accel likes beating up on anybody who crosses him. He sees no distinction between the genders of those that try to go the wrong way along the 'One Way Street'

There is no doubt Accel is a Psycho who sees nothing wrong with killing those who cross him, but I think you are making to big a deal about this one, considering that she suffers no permanent damage (If Accel wanted her dead, she would be dead)

To me, the Awaki and WindBow guy are on too different levels:

One had her plans crushed and mind rattled but otherwise fine when she got punched, while the other was damn near death.

One met Accelerator, while the other Met Touma.

One was selfish, while the other fought for another.

Do both deserve to be punished? Maybe, but the difference here was that, when the time came, WindBow was already about to keel over and die
Old 2010-11-27, 12:48   Link #238
tsunade666

Quote:
No clue why Index is fine, but she is the exception, not the norm.
Index can't produce mana. And the mana is needed to perform magic. Every human being has the potential to produce mana but when ones brain is altered like the esper. Human being cease to produce mana.

The question here should be why can't Index produce mana if an ordinary person like Komoe sensei can and everyone who isn't an esper should be releasing it.

And also another question is why when Index enters John Pen Mode she can release mana and utilize the power of the grimoire inside her head.

The only answer I could get is the church messes up Index brain but no further explanation on that.
Old 2010-11-27, 12:55   Link #239
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So Accelerator was just giving Awaki a warning not to cause him any troubles again? Or it will be the death sentence next time?
Oh the awkwardness of the future....

Anyone else get the feeling that Accelerator stepped in just to shut LO up?
Old 2010-11-27, 13:24   Link #240
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Index can't produce mana. And the mana is needed to perform magic. Every human being has the potential to produce mana but when ones brain is altered like the esper. Human being cease to produce mana.

The question here should be why can't Index produce mana if an ordinary person like Komoe sensei can and everyone who isn't an esper should be releasing it.

And also another question is why when Index enters John Pen Mode she can release mana and utilize the power of the grimoire inside her head.

The only answer I could get is the church messes up Index brain but no further explanation on that.
Check the Index's character thread.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote