AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 21:37   Link #401
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
It sucks that she "pledged" herself to a dense idiot, or is he just acting like one...who knows?
I think that's an inaccurate statement. The Hero is knowledgeable about convention and situations, including everything personal and romantic. Simply put, he's got a good head on his shoulders. At most, he's just awkward when it comes to displaying/handling romance.
Old 2012-05-30, 23:51   Link #402
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

It mostly turned out as i thought it would be, i wonder what is Young Merchant planning, this is not something you can resolve by brute force, hero rescue of the maid will going to put petrol on the fire.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 23:56   Link #403
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I think that's an inaccurate statement. The Hero is knowledgeable about convention and situations, including everything personal and romantic. Simply put, he's got a good head on his shoulders. At most, he's just awkward when it comes to displaying/handling romance.
Dunno about that. I remember in the first chapters DQ making numerous advances and him not getting any of the hints. Often times she practically had to force herself on Hero to get him to pay attention to those moments. Even the Female Knight in this chapter noted the frustration at his lack of ability to "read the mood" in regards to romance.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 00:04   Link #404
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
It mostly turned out as i thought it would be, i wonder what is Young Merchant planning, this is not something you can resolve by brute force, hero rescue of the maid will going to put petrol on the fire.
only if he do it in Hero mode, but if he do it in Dark Knight mode in the pretext of "Demon attacking village for sacrifices", then all good
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 00:14   Link #405
Iron Maw
Banned

But wouldn't that hasten support for another Crusade? That's the thing the Archbishop wants and that would be terrible for Gateway City. It's better the Hero dress up as some random bandit instead.
Old 2012-05-31, 04:11   Link #406
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
only if he do it in Hero mode, but if he do it in Dark Knight mode in the pretext of "Demon attacking village for sacrifices", then all good
I think that would be a grave mistake, the Church could spin this as a definitive proof of the demonic nature of crimson scholar (see she must be allied with demons since a black knight came to her rescue).
Old 2012-05-31, 06:07   Link #407
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I think that would be a grave mistake, the Church could spin this as a definitive proof of the demonic nature of crimson scholar (see she must be allied with demons since a black knight came to her rescue).
no! I mean, they can playing some trick, where DQ being "abducted" along with all her attendant with Villagers as witnesses.

or may be

Dark Knight can "defeated" by Knight Woman and lift up "Demon Control" from DQ, they can bring DQ to court, and have them freed her "because she is under the spell"

Female Knight become hero by freed "Dark Knight curse" from DQ and all her maid and servant (hero)

DQ freed from "Heretics" accusation

and if it must,

"convert back Dark Knight to (missing) Hero"

yay for Female Knight
Old 2012-05-31, 06:33   Link #408
Caithsith

Quote:
no! I mean, they can playing some trick, where DQ being "abducted" along with all her attendant with Villagers as witnesses.

or may be

Dark Knight can "defeated" by Knight Woman and lift up "Demon Control" from DQ, they can bring DQ to court, and have them freed her "because she is under the spell"

Female Knight become hero by freed "Dark Knight curse" from DQ and all her maid and servant (hero)

and if it must,

yay for Female Knight
i don't think it would works. as merchant said, this is a set up by central kingdoms to regain control of southern kingdoms. the whole "heresy" things was just an excuse to get rid of crimson scholar/DQ since she was the driving force behind southern kingdoms' independence from centrals.
Caithsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:13   Link #409
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Dunno about that. I remember in the first chapters DQ making numerous advances and him not getting any of the hints. Often times she practically had to force herself on Hero to get him to pay attention to those moments. Even the Female Knight in this chapter noted the frustration at his lack of ability to "read the mood" in regards to romance.
I don't remember which chapter it was, but I recall DQ whining about not seeing Hero for a year to HM, then HM secretly taking a meal to Hero. It was then that HM tried to inform him of how DQ felt, but he said he understood her feelings well. He also explains the reasoning behind him acting naive about the situation.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:41   Link #410
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't remember which chapter it was, but I recall DQ whining about not seeing Hero for a year to HM, then HM secretly taking a meal to Hero. It was then that HM tried to inform him of how DQ felt, but he said he understood her feelings well. He also explains the reasoning behind him acting naive about the situation.
I can't recall the exact chapter either, but yes, this would probably be one of the more direct examples I would use to make my claim. That being said, I'd rather just use all the subtle moments where the Hero really shines (when reflecting on his actions, or amidst them). A prominent example that's stuck in my mind is when he's talking to the butler/archer at the part on the balcony. It's those kinds of moments where you know he's got a firm grasp on the world, and just may not know how to handle it sometimes.

Quote:

or may be

and if it must,

yay for Female Knight
As Caithsith mentioned, there's no way this would work. As it doesn't resolve any issues in the long run. Those issues being the crazy King and Commander at Central, and the new Bishop of the Church.

What I love about this manga is that it starts at the end game of any action Shounen manga. The Hero has the strength to literally put down EVERYONE'S army already (no training arc nonsense, or enemy-of-the-day's), and technically force the world to change as he wills it.

The reality is however, that this solves absolutely nothing. This story depicts what happens in those time skips from other stories between where the hero defeats the "Final Boss" and "Happily Ever After". It's where bashing the bad guy's head in is far from the right answer. Every action the major characters take are always taken with the future and aftereffects in mind.
Old 2012-05-31, 14:33   Link #411
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Quote:
I can't recall the exact chapter either, but yes, this would probably be one of the more direct examples I would use to make my claim. That being said, I'd rather just use all the subtle moments where the Hero really shines (when reflecting on his actions, or amidst them). A prominent example that's stuck in my mind is when he's talking to the butler/archer at the part on the balcony. It's those kinds of moments where you know he's got a firm grasp on the world, and just may not know how to handle it sometimes.
All good points, I especially since I had forgotten that scene between Hero and DQ. I never thought he would considered something like that up till then. And yeah he tends to have more insight then he orginally seemed.

Quote:
What I love about this manga is that it starts at the end game of any action Shounen manga. The Hero has the strength to literally put down EVERYONE'S army already (no training arc nonsense, or enemy-of-the-day's), and technically force the world to change as he wills it.

The reality is however, that this solves absolutely nothing. This story depicts what happens in those time skips from other stories between where the hero defeats the "Final Boss" and "Happily Ever After". It's where bashing the bad guy's head in is far from the right answer. Every action the major characters take are always taken with the future and aftereffects in mind.
That's probably because this not a Battle Manga (It's much closer to something like Spice & Wolf than anything). There's little no action and what fights there are end in one-two panels. This supported even further because the Hero's strength is insane; far beyond any manga or manhwa lead that I have seen. He's like a max Lv 99, or 255 character who addition to having excellent combat prowess possess high level magic like cross-continental teleportation that only very skilled Mages normally use. He's at the peak of his power and has gone through all those "training arc's" and various battles that would typically grow his character. He's well traveled and fairly learned in the way of the world at this point.

Instead the complex dynamics and relations that govern both his world and Demons take center stage. Thus this where the true focus of manga lies and is built. It's pretty fascinating.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-05-31 at 14:49.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:38   Link #412
surerman
Banned

Quote:
As Caithsith mentioned, there's no way this would work. As it doesn't resolve any issues in the long run. Those issues being the crazy King and Commander at Central, and the new Bishop of the Church.

hhh....*sighing*
how I wish to just slay them all .... like old saying, if you find trouble, destroy it (both the troubled and the source)

Spoiler for simple....and ... clean:

so if Hero save the maid, who's gonna be blamed? Dark Knight? or the Young King?

I bet the White Clown will be pissed off when he learn the disappearance of Crimson Scholar
Old 2012-06-11, 22:21   Link #413
EagleBlue

Chapter 14 of Maoyuu: Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru!" and Chapter 6 of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha have just been released.

Chapter 14 shows what Big Sis Maid can do.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 22:23   Link #414
Shadow5YA

That was quite the speech the Maid gave, though I feel like it's out of place in a medival period. As impressive as it was, I think the speech would be offensive not only to the Church, but the monarchy as well.

What exactly is the Demon Queen doing?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 23:30   Link #415
Xacual

I'm honestly surprised, I was expecting based on what the common people were saying at the start that they might protect her if it came down to it, I didn't expect the speech. It probably took her a whole lot of courage to do that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 23:41   Link #416
Kioras

The speech is minor, and likely will have just as much effect in the southern kingdoms as a minor monk who nailing a handful of paper's, containing 95 theses to a church's door in Wittenberg, Germany, in 1517.

Nothing to see there, move along.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 23:46   Link #417
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Big Sister Maid just started their version of the Reformation?
And her speech was very moving. Take that Central!
Old 2012-06-12, 00:50   Link #418
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The Elder Sister Maid's speech was truly moving and outstanding. Tears were definitely shed, really great chapter I loved it!
Old 2012-06-12, 01:08   Link #419
tsunade666

awesome chapter.

Big sis maid did an awesome job of moving the people to her side and even the winter nation and lake knight order begin protecting her. Hero didn't even need to do anything.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:52   Link #420
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Hum are we going to see a religious schism and an internal war ?

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome