AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-28, 07:04   Link #1981
Iron Maw
Banned

Images
Vol 6 BD/DVD
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 08:32   Link #1982
LKK

Thanks for the picture, Iron Maw. I'm curious about the English in the background. I wonder what the covered words say.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 15:24   Link #1983
Iron Maw
Banned

It looks like it's just the basic premise from what I can make out. I'm rather surprised we have stuff like in english already. Then again this show was licensed even before it started airing. It didn't "beat around the bush" about how many cours it was unlike most shows either and these covers could easily be used BD and DVDs over here too without changing a thing. Seems like overseas market might have planned from the start of the production. Makes me wonder if Yen Press might pick up the novels too... Well regardless, I'm definitely interested in seeing what the Dub for this will look like.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:50   Link #1984
LKK

Funimation reps said at a recent convention that they're often involved in the preproduction of the shows they license nowadays. I suspect they were partners with the Tokyo Ravens' production team from early on. Tokyo Raven is on my Must Buy list. And if Yen Press were to pick up the novels I would be a very happy camper.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 07:40   Link #1985
Iron Maw
Banned

Meant to post this earlier, but... well you know what happened.

Maon Kurosaki to Release "Tokyo Ravens" Tribute Album in July

Well, this interesting. X-encounter was one of my favorites OP last year, so it's nice to Maon doing something new for TR. If this ever get a 2nd season hopefully she'll on board to perform the next OP.
Old 2014-05-20, 00:52   Link #1986
Frontier

Huh. A Tokyo Ravens tribute album is a nice surprise, and certainly not something you hear often. X-Encounter being in it is no surprise, though I wonder what other songs might be there? If it's a tribute album, I'd at least expect a few songs that maybe reflected characters/events in the series through the lyrics but that might be stretching it .

Still, this is pretty cool and it's nice to see some Tokyo Ravens love from Maon Kurosaki .
Old 2014-05-20, 19:38   Link #1987
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'd totally would buy the novels to this.
Old 2014-06-01, 22:59   Link #1988
Iron Maw
Banned

This was posted in the LN & Manga thread, credits go to Zilch-Saber for the find:

Old 2014-06-02, 12:15   Link #1989
Frontier

Nice cover .

I can definitely see the final Blu-Ray cover having Yakou with his Familiars, especially since it'll be a nice way to close out the covers and act as a contrast to this one .
Old 2014-06-23, 11:36   Link #1990
Iron Maw
Banned

REINCARNATION preview
Old 2014-11-08, 21:30   Link #1991
Dark Paladin X

Funimation announced home video rights to Tokyo Ravens with an English dub.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 00:08   Link #1992
Frontier

Looking forward to seeing who ends up in the english dub .
Old 2015-01-07, 03:30   Link #1993
AceTrigger

English Dub Preview for Tokyo Ravens: http://www.funimation.com/shows/toky...n-one-part-one

lmao Funi quoted Seventhstyle
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 09:20   Link #1994
Dark Paladin X

English dub cast announced yesterday.

Quote:
Harutora- Clifford Chapin
Natsume- Caitlin Glass
Kon- Monica Rial
Kyoko- Leah Clark
Suzuka- Jād Saxton
Touji- Ian Sinclair
Tenma- Josh Grelle
Ohtomo- J. Michael Tatum
Yep, as expected, Monica Rial is voicing the loli Kon.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 21:19   Link #1995
bakato

It has just occurred to me that hearing these english VAs pronounce onmyo spells is gonna seriously grate on the ears. Otherwise, these VAs don't sound too bad.

Quote:
Harutora- Clifford Chapin
Natsume- Caitlin Glass
Kon- Monica Rial
Kyoko- Leah Clark
Suzuka- Jād Saxton
Touji- Ian Sinclair
Tenma- Josh Grelle
Ohtomo- J. Michael Tatum
In my opinion, Harutora, Suzuka, and Ohtomo sound great.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 04:44   Link #1996
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It has just occurred to me that hearing these english VAs pronounce onmyo spells is gonna seriously grate on the ears. Otherwise, these VAs don't sound too bad.

In my opinion, Harutora, Suzuka, and Ohtomo sound great.
That's what I'm really curious about myself. That aside yeah, quite the quality line-up of VAs.
Old 2015-01-09, 12:35   Link #1997
Frontier

Yeah, Harutora, Suzuka, and Ohtomo actually sound pretty good and accurate to the characters. What we hear of Natsume and Kyouko also doesn't sound half bad. Poor Tenma just gets a few mumbles .

Monica Rial should be a good Kon .

Surprised they didn't list Hokuto's VA, though I wonder if they'll keep it consistent with the Japanese version and have her VA voice Takiko?

Are they pronouncing Onmyo right? It sounds like their not stressing a certain syllable, but that might just be me .

I thought the trailer was pretty decent aside from the usual Funimation touches that I'm not particularly a fan of. And generic background music pales in comparison to hearing X-Encounter .
Old 2015-01-10, 00:34   Link #1998
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, Harutora, Suzuka, and Ohtomo actually sound pretty good and accurate to the characters. What we hear of Natsume and Kyouko also doesn't sound half bad. Poor Tenma just gets a few mumbles .

Monica Rial should be a good Kon .

Surprised they didn't list Hokuto's VA, though I wonder if they'll keep it consistent with the Japanese version and have her VA voice Takiko?

Are they pronouncing Onmyo right? It sounds like their not stressing a certain syllable, but that might just be me .

I thought the trailer was pretty decent aside from the usual Funimation touches that I'm not particularly a fan of. And generic background music pales in comparison to hearing X-Encounter .
It's not just you and that background music sucked.
Old 2015-02-26, 19:38   Link #1999
bakato

Dubs out and what an amazing dub it would be if it weren't for all those mispronounced Japanese terms.
Old 2015-02-26, 23:11   Link #2000
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Dubs out and what an amazing dub it would be if it weren't for all those mispronounced Japanese terms.
Well, I pretty much expected that, though as far as dubbing's concerned I usually expect better pronunciation from Funimation's dubs (I hear that Sentai Filmworks have a lot more errors on that front). Still, nice to hear the dub's pretty good otherwise .

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime