AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 15:00   Link #261
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
After reading Omni's blog and looking at the pictures, I've decided even though I LOVED KGNE, I will not be watching this. To go and change the ending like this, is just unforgiveable. The main lead goes to a new all-time low that can't be forgiven.
Old 2007-12-22, 17:22   Link #262
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
After reading Omni's blog and looking at the pictures, I've decided even though I LOVED KGNE, I will not be watching this. To go and change the ending like this, is just unforgiveable.
It's the anime adaptation of Haruka's game afterstory, not the continuation of the first anime series. We knew it'd be "Haruka's Route" from the get-go. What did you expect?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:52   Link #263
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's the anime adaptation of Haruka's game afterstory, not the continuation of the first anime series. We knew it'd be "Haruka's Route" from the get-go. What did you expect?
I just found out about it today. So excuse me for being out of the loop flame. Not everybody is able to follow every anime that is coming up, especially when some of us are full-time employed and in relationships. We all don't have the ability to scour all the forums, websites, and 2chan threads.

I'd rather they not have done something like this, and I don't like the idea of making new endings after a series has already been done. That smells of trying to milk a franchise out of even more money years after it's done it's job. But I've said my peace and moving on.
Old 2007-12-23, 11:31   Link #264
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
NO....... It wil be out fin in June.Then i think I could not focuss on my further study on that time .Or perhapes i don't have internet line to download it.Someone please send me some info about the ending on my mail on that time.I really hope that Haruka can be wif that BASTARD(Takayuki)(T.T) It was me.Playing the game for many time but still cry for that game.Age.I really hate you to write such a good story,now you want to hurt me more with Haruka(My Lady)???Why don't Age make an anime which follow the line in KGNE SFD
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 14:35   Link #265
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I just found out about it today. So excuse me for being out of the loop flame. Not everybody is able to follow every anime that is coming up, especially when some of us are full-time employed and in relationships. We all don't have the ability to scour all the forums, websites, and 2chan threads.
Do you feel better now? How dare you presume to know anything about me or my life just because I take the perfectly reasonable step of informing myself before making a purchase, and assumed that it was common sense for others to do the same. "Buyer Beware". It's not as if you even would have had far to look (try this very thread), but no -- instead, you walked into it blind, despised the premise (did you even watch it?), and then just had to storm in here to tell everyone about just how awful it is! But, rest assured: your disapproval of the OVA premise is duly noted.
Old 2007-12-23, 15:05   Link #266
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:

I'd rather they not have done something like this, and I don't like the idea of making new endings after a series has already been done. That smells of trying to milk a franchise out of even more money years after it's done it's job. But I've said my peace and moving on.
Considering that from about a year ago it was being told that it would be an OVA on Haruka's route...it's not exactly rocket science to know what it would be when you understand the source material.

Sure, it's fine that you won't be watching it, but you fall into the same category as the people who didn't watch Akane Maniax because they thought it was going to be a continuation despite the obviousness that it isn't. It is your loss that you decide to not watch it, so to that end you have no one else to blame but yourself.

And might I remind you that KimiNozo's actual following is far larger than our little community? That even though it is considered milking the franchise that this is something that the entirety of the KimiNozo following wanted and that age allowed to take place? How about the fact that seeing the popularity of KimiNozo that they wanted to give back to their fans and allow them something that many of them wanted from the get-go?

KimiNozo's entire story has spanned years in Japan, through many different game releases, all of which were pretty much demanded by the fanbase...how is it milking the people by giving them something they desire? And you don't like the idea of new endings after the series is over? Wow, didn't play the game much, did you? KimiNozo's fanbase is pretty polarized over the different endings of the game and the series had the option to follow only one at the end, so it would only be natural for age to green light a follow-up that would delve into the other endings from the game. If this is milking the show, then so-be-it...I want more shows to follow suit, especially those that are dependent on ero-game stories...like Air, Da Capo, Kanon, To Heart, etc etc etc...all of these shows are comprised of multiple endings, yet the anime chose to stick with one of them (the most popular, of course) but I would love for them to go back and explore the other character endings because there is the possibility that I would much rather see a different character on top. That's not milking a franchise, that's giving me what I want.

Last edited by DarkCntry; 2007-12-23 at 16:35.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:03   Link #267
moddy

umm i dont know if people here know but anyway the ova with english sub is up on [...]

the animation seemed pretty crappy/ and some of the drawings are pretty bad... compared to some other animes lol.. i think the original series was better

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-12-24 at 01:11. Reason: Please don't link to that site, since it lists licensed anime
moddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 23:17   Link #268
BOZZY

How long is this OVA supposed to be? Three episodes like Akane Maniax? What is the release schedule like?

I thought the first episode was pretty decent. I only wish Age would hurry up and secure a studio to develop a MuvLuv TV series...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 23:19   Link #269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY View Post
How long is this OVA supposed to be? Three episodes like Akane Maniax? What is the release schedule like?
4 episodes, released every other month. So we'll see episode 2 in February.
Old 2007-12-28, 20:48   Link #270
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
4 episodes, released every other month. So we'll see episode 2 in February.
And I thought it was painful waiting for the episodes when the original series was airing!

At least it doesn't seem like it'll be heart-wrenching like the original.. (here's hoping)
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 12:27   Link #271
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

on thier side it says that it will be released in 28th of March 2008... so no episode in February?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:12   Link #272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
on thier side it says that it will be released in 28th of March 2008... so no episode in February?
Which site is this again? I don't see anything on the official site yet, and Amazon (and other online stores I checked at random) still list it for February 22nd. Could just be slow in spreading the news though...
Old 2008-01-06, 08:16   Link #273
Solafighter
Hige

Well well, not bad, the first OVA. Does someone know, if and when the remaining ovas will be released?
Old 2008-01-06, 16:37   Link #274
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Well well, not bad, the first OVA. Does someone know, if and when the remaining ovas will be released?
The answer can be found 4 posts above yours...
Old 2008-01-07, 22:51   Link #275
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Does anyone know what is the title for the song at the end?i tried looking for it but my efforts did not seem to pay off
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 20:38   Link #276
Tabris

I'd forgot completely about this. I remember being so excited when the OVA was announced, since I still prefer Haruka over Mitsuki
Spoiler:

I <3 Haruka though :3
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 21:48   Link #277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Does anyone know what is the title for the song at the end?i tried looking for it but my efforts did not seem to pay off
The Ending Theme is called "Next Season" by Minami Kuribayashi (Haruka's VA).
Old 2008-05-03, 16:10   Link #278
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Is the last episode supposed to be aired already (April 26)? I thought we'd have some news by now to discuss on it.

Is it already aired, or is it delayed?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 00:57   Link #279
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

There is a 2 month time gap between the episodes. Episode 3 airs on 23.05.2008, meaning in about two weeks from now on.
Old 2008-05-09, 11:05   Link #280
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
There is a 2 month time gap between the episodes. Episode 3 airs on 23.05.2008, meaning in about two weeks from now on.
Actually, it was delayed 'till June 25th. It looks like they were originally going to go on a two-month schedule, but decided to make the whole thing three-month instead.

Tags
âge, brains base, drama, ova, romance, seinen