AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 21:11   Link #9981
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was here since practically the very beginning (just look at the start of this thread). My, where does the time go? I sure said some awkward things then.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:18   Link #9982
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
I exchange it with the hot teacher plus Haqua and the other conquests that weren't portaired...

Pretty Please???

Hakua is already mine you twerp. I won't swap it for anything else other than a loli. And I seriously doubt you can find another loli in the series since I already have Tsukiyo/Vulcan and Minerva.

@ elf : Most of the followers here stuck to the series from the start. You are not alone.

Speaking of which, where is Kaori?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:22   Link #9983
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Hakua is already mine you twerp. I won't swap it for anything else other than a loli. And I seriously doubt you can find another loli in the series since I already have Tsukiyo/Vulcan and Minerva.

@ elf : Most of the followers here stuck to the series from the start. You are not alone.

Elsie sister, Akari? (Last run for it...)

If it didn't work, I will then go to the Akanemaru with Dokurou and change the future... HAHAHAHAHAHA (takes the insanity pill out...)
Old 2014-04-18, 23:04   Link #9984
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

Staph it Saintess...
Haqua is not a loli...
You are defying your nature there...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:11   Link #9985
Jimmy C

I just reread the last two chapters, and I realized completely missed the fact that Keima's father was named last week.
I was always amused by the coincidence that the MC was named "Keima". It wasn't even the same kanji as the other Keima I knew.
Then he goes and names Keima's father "Keiichi".
Ah ha ahahahahahahahaha!
I thought I would have TWGoK to keep me company when Ah! My Goddess ends, but it ended first! T_T
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:24   Link #9986
Fwarlord

I love the ending so much.

Chihiro is the only girl that make Keima seriously fall in love with and she also love him at first sight without the interfering of any of his schemes or supernatural forces. A natural and mutual love make a satisfied ending, if you ask me.

With the last 2 chapters, the author showed us the great courage he possesses, we need more ending like it instead of lame ones their author created just to satisfy his readers without any deep meaning behind them. It feels like the manga is standing fearlessly before the raging fandom, shouting: "This is Chihiro".
Old 2014-04-18, 23:35   Link #9987
Tenchi555

Whoa, been a while. Been super busy so I haven't had much free time for the forum, but I managed to keep up with the manga and I have to say, very pleased with the ending. There are still some loose ends, but there always are, but over all everything was concluded nicely. I do wonder about the other girls Keima conquered before as I had a lot of favorites in that cast, but I guess I just have to accept they're not in the end story at all.

I wonder what Dokurou will do now? Since she's not teaching and she has to also give up on Keima. Feel bad for Kanon too because her ending was very vague with the title of her song. I feel a bit bad for that character as the chapter where she threw herself at Keima to protect her and almost ended up dead really had me feeling for the character. Just think she should have gotten a bigger part in the ending.

And I did not see Elsie becoming his real sister. I knew she was gonna turn out to be that entity thing they revealed earlier, but becoming his biological sister and the name change to Eri, did not see that at all. Very nice ending for her.

I suppose I should give an over due response kagato3's (love that name cuz I actually use a very similar one sometimes) reply to my last post. Tenchi Muyo was one of the first harem animes, so back then it was fresh and original. It also never really ended with a harem ending, it kind of never really ended at all. I also don't really hate harem endings, just I'm tired of them, especially when they don't make sense. If the events took place in a different dimension or world/land where polygamy is allowed, that would make sense. However even in this scenario I'm personally just tired of it, but it does at least work. And this is what I'm referring to in regards to the sacrifice of the story, as most harem endings happen in a way that either doesn't really bring anything to a close because their setting doesn't allow for a believable harem ending or it just doesn't make sense given their circumstances.
Tenchi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:42   Link #9988
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Staph it Saintess...
Haqua is not a loli...
You are defying your nature there...
But she is a status symbol by being flat - *gets impaled with a scythe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
Elsie sister, Akari? (Last run for it...)

If it didn't work, I will then go to the Akanemaru with Dokurou and change the future... HAHAHAHAHAHA (takes the insanity pill out...)
Elsie would be considered a loli if she does not have those fake boobs, and Akari is already mine.

I wish Wakaki could delve more into Elsie's background instead of just saying that she is an uber being of some sort. It doesn't feel right at all.

Then again, the whole manga doesn't feel right with flags of incest, reverse trap relationship subliminally implying yaoi, hints of a pure and innocent girl being a closet fujoshi and turn-taking BDSM relationship with a teacher. With the manga's end, Wakaki may actually have time to go see a shrink.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-04-19, 00:04   Link #9989
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Black Phoenix, adultery is a crime wherever you go. Quit it.

So the goddesses stayed with their hosts?
So Saint gets the 1000th post huh? Well I guess with all your "contribution" to this thread you deserve it.

Btw you guys keep referring to this Elsie, who is she? Was there ever a character named that?

Last edited by omimon; 2014-04-19 at 00:23.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 00:19   Link #9990
rantaid

if there is something unsatisfying with the ending, it is how it felt like it was being cancelled.

felt to abrupt on this heaven and hell fiasco.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 00:22   Link #9991
Tenchi555

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
if there is something unsatisfying with the ending, it is how it felt like it was being cancelled.

felt to abrupt on this heaven and hell fiasco.
I kind of agree on that part, but only because I think the ending and closure of everything should have been a few more chapters. Each heroine should have gotten a bigger part in the end.
Tenchi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 02:27   Link #9992
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post

Chihiro is the only girl that make Keima seriously fall in love with and she also love him at first sight without the interfering of any of his schemes or supernatural forces. A natural and mutual love make a satisfied ending, if you ask me.

With the last 2 chapters, the author showed us the great courage he possesses, we need more ending like it instead of lame ones their author created just to satisfy his readers without any deep meaning behind them. It feels like the manga is standing fearlessly before the raging fandom, shouting: "This is Chihiro".
I mostly agree with this
Since if we re-read the manga, there are only two girls (well, at least they are the one I remembered) who genuinely fall in love with Keima without any conquest move... they are Tenri and Chihiro
however, Tenri mostly fall in love with Keima during the "earthquake" scene at their past (or during the past conquest together in Keima's new world)
Chihiro is likely meet Keima's ideal girl character... that's why he chose Chihiro than other girls...

Respect to Keima's decision....

thanks for giving me Tenri, Keima-sama.... I'll cherish her well *stole her from Saintess*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 02:36   Link #9993
pampz21
ShipCore

Well my only regret is why did Wakaki send that letter for Tenri...so that would make Tenri knows she got regected 10years ago...wouldnt that be too cruel shes her best partner afterall...you can even say his best friend.t hen send her off like that.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 02:39   Link #9994
Vegard Aune

Well... Yeah this whole ending was pretty rushed and left several things unresolved... And now my rather implausible hope is that they give us a fourth season of the anime that expands on the last few chapters to make the whole thing make more sense. Like, say, giving some better buildup to the whole Elsie-thing and clarifying better what actually happened there, and... well actually that's the main thing that still bothers me here. Oh, and Satyr I guess. What was even the point of bringing in another group of faceless villains who, for all intents and purposes, were no different from Vintage? And then have them just get defeated off-screen between chapters? Really, I feel like Wakaki could just as easily have said that the villains were just a remnant of Vintage and it would make no difference. And I suppose thinking back at it there are quite a lot of things about this final arc I didn't quite care for... though I do think it did an excellent job wrapping up Keima's character-arc at least, so I can't complain too much I guess.

Oh, and my OTP is still canon after all. TAKE THAT, NON-BELIEVERS!!
Old 2014-04-19, 04:27   Link #9995
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Well my only regret is why did Wakaki send that letter for Tenri...so that would make Tenri knows she got regected 10years ago...wouldnt that be too cruel shes her best partner afterall...you can even say his best friend.t hen send her off like that.
I think it would be far more cruel let her live with wane hope for ten years just to reject her after all hard work she done. Like this she knew it from begening and could came on term with it properly.

Keima rejected her as true gantleman.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 08:47   Link #9996
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Best part of the final. The other good part was Keima choosing a girl. I was afraid this would be more open-ended.

The rest was awful though. It's obvious to me the manga was canned. This ending is way too rushed. There needed to be at least one more volume to wrap everything up properly. There are tons of loose ends (Satyr, the goddesses, heaven, etc...). My biggest disappointment is that we never got to see Kaori in the present. I'm pretty sure Wakaki had plans for her given how much time he spent on her arc, but nothing ever came out of that.

Oh well, this was fun while this lasted. The ending really isn't all that bad, it's just botched due to lack of time.
Old 2014-04-19, 09:47   Link #9997
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Use NSFW tags please. That is so damn wrong.

Old 2014-04-19, 09:49   Link #9998
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

All in all, the manga was not bad, even though the ending sucked. And no, it is not because of sinking ships or something like that, but rather about the basic flaws of the ending:

tl;dr

The retcons, red herrings and dei ex machina god only knows.
Old 2014-04-19, 12:53   Link #9999
Birdway
Banned

For this manga, and all the time I spend on it I would give it a 8/10.

But if it was for this lame/forced/ass-pull/underwhelming/etc ending.

I would rate this series with a 3/10

Seriously, it feels like the manga got axed and left so many questions without answer, or was the author with some kind of illness? Or he just got bored with it, damn I want to rage but this was so underwhelming that I can't feel any rage at at all but some indifference and dissapointment.

Ok, time to move one, isn't like this was the best manga of all the bunch out there.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 13:08   Link #10000
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Was there any official source that stated Wakaki was suffering from health problems? I've seen it brought up several times but nobody ever says what he's suffering from.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen