AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 03:24   Link #221
Distinction

Well maybe he thought that it was unnecessary to do because it was said that Rogers win was a surprise. So Shiki was to confident or he actually believed Roger would join him .
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 08:03   Link #222
allanz

Cool One Piece Movie List

Hello guys...

I just started my one piece blogspot and im inviting everyone to check the site, updated with the list of one piece the movie.

To watch the movie, you may find the link posted just below the post.

http://allanz-onepiece.blogspot.com/
allanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 09:22   Link #223
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Just finished watching this the other day, it was by far one of the best movies I have ever seen. But there were still parts I disliked.

Like many others I was bothered by how weak Shiki and his subordinates were, especially considering he fought on equal grounds with Roger in their younger days. Maybe his aging had something to do with it, but then again that wasn't much of a problem for Whitebeard. Overall, I think Shiki had a flashy devil fruit and was able to deal with taking damage quite well but not much more than that.

Last thing is how the plot revolved so much around Nami and Luffy, and how Nami was kidnapped again. Nami getting kidnapped is so old now I don't even want to count how many times she's been kidnapped throughout the series.

Still, a highly enjoyable movie; good balance between comedy and action in my opinion. Those who haven't seen it should it watch it ASAP.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 10:47   Link #224
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
Just finished watching this the other day, it was by far one of the best movies I have ever seen. But there were still parts I disliked.

Like many others I was bothered by how weak Shiki and his subordinates were, especially considering he fought on equal grounds with Roger in their younger days. Maybe his aging had something to do with it, but then again that wasn't much of a problem for Whitebeard. Overall, I think Shiki had a flashy devil fruit and was able to deal with taking damage quite well but not much more than that.

Last thing is how the plot revolved so much around Nami and Luffy, and how Nami was kidnapped again. Nami getting kidnapped is so old now I don't even want to count how many times she's been kidnapped throughout the series.

Still, a highly enjoyable movie; good balance between comedy and action in my opinion. Those who haven't seen it should it watch it ASAP.
I'm not going to watch this just yet in fansub. I'm waiting to see in FUNiamtion will be making any kind of announcement. I would much rather support this movie officially. I have watched AMVs that were taken from the pirated version.
I really want to buy this on Blu-ray.

It is frustrating that Nami is kidnapped for a a second time in these movies, and the third time she's a damsel in distress. Still, the narrative seems strong. It's an odd choice for such a meaningful movie, don't you think? Using a 10th Anniversary movie in order to make a movie that appears to be mostly about Luffy and Nami.
As I have said, I haven't seen the whole thing, but I have a basic understanding of events. That final scene strikes me as something out of Inuyasha. Why is Nami so bashful about Luffy hearing that?
Old 2010-09-07, 14:35   Link #225
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I'm not going to watch this just yet in fansub. I'm waiting to see in FUNiamtion will be making any kind of announcement. I would much rather support this movie officially. I have watched AMVs that were taken from the pirated version.
I really want to buy this on Blu-ray.

It is frustrating that Nami is kidnapped for a a second time in these movies, and the third time she's a damsel in distress. Still, the narrative seems strong. It's an odd choice for such a meaningful movie, don't you think? Using a 10th Anniversary movie in order to make a movie that appears to be mostly about Luffy and Nami.
As I have said, I haven't seen the whole thing, but I have a basic understanding of events. That final scene strikes me as something out of Inuyasha. Why is Nami so bashful about Luffy hearing that?
I'm definitely going to get it when it's released on blu-ray, but the wait was too much for me and I couldn't resist.

I was trying to count in the times she's been kidnapped in both the movies and the main series, I got up to about 4 or 5 times altogether...but I might be wrong about or missed some. It's still gotten old though.

The narrative is indeed strong, but I was still a little disappointed on how much it was focused on them. I didn't think it made the movie worse it just seemed...well like you said, odd. It was unique for One Piece to say the least, since in my experience it usually doesn't focus on two people like that or at least not between anyone in the crew. It was a beautiful movie, and I will forever treasure it once I have it in my hand.

Nami pulled a Kagome, that's for sure. As to why she acted so bashful...I've considered several scenarios but the only two that made sense to me were these;
I've said this before in other threads before but here goes again. I think Nami likes her captain a lot more than she would ever admit to herself, or at least not anytime soon. I'm against romance in One Piece, but that's just the way I view Luffy and Nami.
Either that or she finally realized how much she gets kidnapped, says goodbye then asks to be saved later on and she was just too embarrassed about it.

It might sound kinda vague but I don't want to say too much as I hate spoiling things for others, and as you haven't seen it I want to avoid saying anything that might spoil the movie for you (I have accidentely done that with others in the past). But that's how I interpreted the situation in general too, but that might be just because I'm a generic LuffyxNami fanboy >.>

I hope you enjoy the movie when you finally watch it!
Old 2010-09-07, 16:20   Link #226
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Now that the DVD/BRD of the movie is out, what are the new scenes like?
Let me rephrase that: What scenes are added on the DVD/BRD that wasn't in the theatrical version?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 18:22   Link #227
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Let me rephrase that: What scenes are added on the DVD/BRD that wasn't in the theatrical version?
The Epilogue.

Scratch that. I suddenly realized this wasn't the Kara no Kyoukai forum. Oopsie.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 18:27   Link #228
~Avant~

The movie was badass. I'm disappointed at how Shiki went down though. A combined effort of the strawhats would've been more believable than having Luffy beat someone who was on the same level as Whitebeard and Rogers
~Avant~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 18:33   Link #229
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Exactly Shiki was a big issue he got beat way to easily, but after putting more thought on it then how could he use his powers during the time if he was able to make humans float that would have made the fight more deadly though I guess in what way how could he use his powers during the final fight I wonder.
Old 2010-09-08, 18:35   Link #230
~Avant~

Maybe we can chalk it up to Luffy subconciously using Haki. I mean his steam when he went Gear 2nd was the most unusual in color to anytime we've seen him use it
Old 2010-09-08, 18:41   Link #231
Blackbeard D. Kuma

As ridiculous as it was how Luffy beat Shiki, the latter did prove that he was truly a pirate legend. The fuwa fuwa no mi is one of the most powerful DF's seen thus far, and with that ability it's no wonder he was comparable to the likes of Roger and Whitebeard in the past.
Old 2010-09-08, 20:07   Link #232
~Avant~

Basically the only thing bad about Shiki was his durability. Everything else was pretty outstanding.
Old 2010-09-08, 20:11   Link #233
secretzfan
*Fansubber

It was his fruit's ability that was outstanding
Old 2010-09-08, 20:32   Link #234
~Avant~

Honestly I dont see why Shiki didn't just drop one of his islands on Marineford and another one on Mariejoa.

It'd be GG World Government
Old 2010-09-08, 22:54   Link #235
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Not really.

I'm pretty sure Akainu could destroy an entire island with his magma before it hits anything, or else Aokiji would be able to freeze it and shatter it into harmless pieces.
Old 2010-09-08, 23:45   Link #236
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Akainu could not melt an entire island. Melting a glacier is one thing. Try to melt an island and you're just going to make more magma which is coming right back down. Freezing it wouldn't work, either. People and water is one thing. Islands are heavy, dense masses of rock and other stuff which will still hit the ground very hard, frozen or not.
Old 2010-09-09, 05:15   Link #237
Kallen4life

Garp or Sengoku could possibly shatter it

that and the top tiers wouldn't die because of COLONY DROP and then they'd be pissed and go after Shiki HARD
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 21:16   Link #238
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Garp or Sengoku could possibly shatter it

that and the top tiers wouldn't die because of COLONY DROP and then they'd be pissed and go after Shiki HARD
As morbosfist stated that would still leave debris scattering about after the initial shattering left to deal with, you can't just shatter an island and expect each piece of debris to vaporize automatically. That wouldn't make much sense, even for One Piece.

I could imagine a joint effort between the admirals, Sengoku and Garp pulling it off. But at most that would just minimize the damage.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:53   Link #239
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I just watched it and i didn't think it was that special. I think it would have been way better if they tied volume 0 into the film, It just feels so standalone and untied to the lore of the manga.

Fights were ok, They seem to have ran out of budget and the art is very inconsistent at times.

It really felt like a filler movie though which was really surprising considering Oda wrote it.
Old 2010-11-25, 13:28   Link #240
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I just watched it and i didn't think it was that special. I think it would have been way better if they tied volume 0 into the film, It just feels so standalone and untied to the lore of the manga.

Fights were ok, They seem to have ran out of budget and the art is very inconsistent at times.

It really felt like a filler movie though which was really surprising considering Oda wrote it.
And saw some parts not that bad i was mostly the villain, and the fact that it had another damsel in distress again. I don't get why so many mangaka do that