AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-23, 18:56   Link #321
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 29
I always thought it would have been cool to retell the OYW, except, the story is that Zeon won.

But what they're doing is cool too. I'll give it a watch.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 19:00   Link #322
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
32 year old main character? I mean there's MS IGLOO 2 and its band of dead mid-age guys, but this is NEW! I mean, that's only one year younger than good ol' South Burning!

Not fond of yet another post-OYW setting though, but at least they're doing something new. Is it even confirmed to be an anime? I guess this will be unveiled at the end of the month when the 30th anniversary site updates?
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 19:09   Link #323
Samanosuke
Genma Killer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She looks nothing like Shirley.
she however has a faux air of Haru from Xam'd (with a dead fish look ). maybe that was some sort of seiyuu joke ? on second though , maybe not.

or maybe that was a morbid joke ...you know , cause she has a dead look....
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 00:42   Link #324
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Is this going to be a full series (25-50 eps) or just a few eps 6-12?
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 00:49   Link #325
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That information isn't available. The entirety of the information out there are pretty much the two magazine scans, and I think a bit about the mobile suits. When any real information comes out, it's sure to be posted either in this thread or the General thread.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:09   Link #326
Balder8472
I have a License
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: planet Earth
I feel sorry for the universal century constantly being added too and redefined

Having a new series set near the beginning of the UC greatly restricts the technology and events of the show
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:15   Link #327
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Everyone likes the good old days? Hell, IGLOO did just fine.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:16   Link #328
Balder8472
I have a License
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Everyone likes the good old days? Hell, IGLOO did just fine.
you may well be right I haven't had that pleasure yet
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:19   Link #329
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
I feel sorry for the universal century constantly being added too and redefined

Having a new series set near the beginning of the UC greatly restricts the technology and events of the show
Yeah, but for some people unless the technology is as at the most base level possible they will bitch so hard about overpowered mechs this, lacklustre pilots that, that they won't even be able to remember what is going on. Seriously some people whine like you wouldn't even begin to believe about this sort of thing. This is probably meant to shut them up.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:21   Link #330
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah, but for some people unless the technology is as at the most base level possible they will bitch so hard about overpowered mechs this, lacklustre pilots that, that they won't even be able to remember what is going on. Seriously some people whine like you wouldn't even begin to believe about this sort of thing. This is probably meant to shut them up.
Unfortunately, this won't work at shutting them up--if they can't complain about one thing, they'll complain about something else. I don't want to be around here when this show airs; this forum is terrible with complainers. I've been to forums that were more civil and reasonable while GSD was airing.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:22   Link #331
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Just as there'll be those who complain incessantly about overpowered tech and supposedly inexperienced pilots, there'll be those who'll complain about the exact opposite.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:45   Link #332
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Just as there'll be those who complain incessantly about overpowered tech and supposedly inexperienced pilots, there'll be those who'll complain about the exact opposite.
Yep, Catch-22. Then again people who nothing but complain generally get shut out of the real conversations in the long run and their voice stops getting heard by anyone else but those who share their interest in complaining. It's a sad existence, and I know because I've been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unfortunately, this won't work at shutting them up--if they can't complain about one thing, they'll complain about something else. I don't want to be around here when this show airs; this forum is terrible with complainers. I've been to forums that were more civil and reasonable while GSD was airing.
This forum is generally fine in comparison to blogs. If you want to see something "special" then go here. I spent a good chunk of last night making fun of this article and the people participating in it and laughing it up on MSN because well.....I think it speaks for itself really. Also note the title as compared to the tone of the content.

Truly it helps to laugh in a lot of these cases as there is humour to be found in almost everything. You must ask yourself, what harm can they really do in the long run? Can they influence production? No. Can they influence the viewers? Not really, but for a small sect that has already been influenced. So what does the complaining accomplish? Not much but making people with enough common sense to recognize this fact laugh their asses off.

Of course there is good old fashioned critiquing which is awesome and there's also MST3K stype griping, but how often do you really see that anymore? Maybe on the Daily Show?

Anyway, this is Gundam so I expect a certain standard out of it and not much more. I really don't make to many assumptions about what a series such as Gundam will be like in it's next installments, because there will always be those things that stay the same, and their will always be those things that are different, for better or worse. The only difference is whether you learn to live with this fact or let it drive you crazy while hoping you get exactly the type of Gundam show you want.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-02-24 at 16:55.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:46   Link #333
Mister Mister
Redshirt
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
I feel sorry for the universal century constantly being added too and redefined

Having a new series set near the beginning of the UC greatly restricts the technology and events of the show
This. UC has a huge problem where the first 20 years are crammed full of a ridiculous number of series, when the tail end has them spaced out over one show per 2 decades. there's so much open space in UC where you could easily fit a whole, meaningful series, but they continue to insist on cramming more and more into smaller and smaller gaps, restricting canon to pointless degrees.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:50   Link #334
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I don't see how it's restricting canon. More like expanding upon it. And clearly, despite the successes of, say, Crossbone and Victory, Sunrise has no intention of animated something related to the Vanguard or Jupiter Empire, or the Zanscare Empire or League Militaire again, like that side story for Victory which also had an aged Judau Ashta as a character, but I digress.

...I suppose we should start speculating early for the 40th anniversary show... Though praying for an adaptation of any manga or other novels, be it Flag of the Titans, Sentinel, V Gundam Side Story, Seven of Steel or even Unicorn is a bit much.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 17:04   Link #335
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
This. UC has a huge problem where the first 20 years are crammed full of a ridiculous number of series, when the tail end has them spaced out over one show per 2 decades. there's so much open space in UC where you could easily fit a whole, meaningful series, but they continue to insist on cramming more and more into smaller and smaller gaps, restricting canon to pointless degrees.
Then again, despite what I said above I would kind of like to see this changed at some point. There's hardly any animated content among the latter parts of the Universal Century, and with 30 year gaps between CCA, F91 and Victory there is so much you could do there animation wise. I don't understand what it is with Japan and the OYW period, but it's true, it is far more bloated with content then it needs to be and yet they just keep cramming new stories into that period.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 17:54   Link #336
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...I suppose we should start speculating early for the 40th anniversary show...
40th anniversary will obviously be Gundam 0082: Zeon Remnants are trying something again!
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 18:09   Link #337
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
40th anniversary will obviously be Gundam 0082: Zeon Remnants are trying something again!
Hahaha, good one

I am all about good music. Hope it'll be nice military themes. Come here people and show me the strngth of UC! Yeah, the very first UC animated show that I'll just follow live instead of digging out past videos. :]
__________________
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 19:28   Link #338
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Then again, despite what I said above I would kind of like to see this changed at some point. There's hardly any animated content among the latter parts of the Universal Century, and with 30 year gaps between CCA, F91 and Victory there is so much you could do there animation wise. I don't understand what it is with Japan and the OYW period, but it's true, it is far more bloated with content then it needs to be and yet they just keep cramming new stories into that period.
The thing is, MSG is considered by fans there to be the golden pinnacle. Its Gundam models are the only ones that consistently make money no matter how many times they release them. A lot of nostalgia out there regarding it. In fact, there's a tendency by Japanese fans to lump all the OYW stuff into one group and call everything else (include Zeta and post-Zeta shows and the rest of the AUs) by the term "Another Gundam", which shows how much regard these fans have for all things OYW related.

So really, Sunrise/Bandai is kind of hand-tied with regards to what period of UC they can show...
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 23:47   Link #339
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 29
I just hope the 0081 series is not the only 30th anniversary series
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 23:56   Link #340
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The thing is, MSG is considered by fans there to be the golden pinnacle. Its Gundam models are the only ones that consistently make money no matter how many times they release them. A lot of nostalgia out there regarding it. In fact, there's a tendency by Japanese fans to lump all the OYW stuff into one group and call everything else (include Zeta and post-Zeta shows and the rest of the AUs) by the term "Another Gundam", which shows how much regard these fans have for all things OYW related.

So really, Sunrise/Bandai is kind of hand-tied with regards to what period of UC they can show...
Oh I know why this is the case, it's just that I lament that it is to some extent.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.