AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-29, 18:43   Link #601
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I may use children, but they won't be through eugenics. Only one I know I'll use is Kanna (or whatever the Avatar's kid's name is), just for the support conversation (I assume there's still a main menu log of the various supports).

Just trying to figure out a proper +/- stat spread for my Avatar so I don't gimp her, but it's tough without knowing what type of enemies are prominent in the route.
Nope, you can't re-watch support conversations from the main menu.
You have to open a saved file and enter a building inside of the My Castle to see it. Why? ...Who knows...

Physical Defense or Health+
Luck-
Is often the most stable choices because Luck doesn't have as much important than the most important stats for staying alive

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 19:11   Link #602
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nope, you can't re-watch support conversations from the main menu.
You have to open a saved file and enter a building inside of the My Castle to see it. Why? ...Who knows...
Seriously? That's stupid as hell. I replayed Awakening so many times to get all the supports and fill in the Support-dex. If it's not in anymore, my incentive to replay the routes drops severely.

At least I guess it means I have absolutely no desire to get any of the DLC beyond maybe the one story map.

Quote:
Physical Defense or Health+
Luck-
Is often the most stable choices because Luck doesn't have as much important than the most important stats for staying alive
Good to know, thanks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 23:05   Link #603
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

There is a Support Dex. Just that instead of the menu, it is in a building in the My Castle which you have to open a data to use

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-01-29, 23:14   Link #604
GDB

Oh, okay. I misunderstood you. Thought you meant you had to open THAT file to get the supports from THAT file.
Old 2016-01-30, 01:28   Link #605
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh, okay. I misunderstood you. Thought you meant you had to open THAT file to get the supports from THAT file.
Either way, the fact they removed an obvious and useful content just to force you to use the new feature is stupid. Reason is there, but just... stupid.
As stupid as having a bath feature that allows you to see the oh-so-beautiful 3D characters in towels with absolutely nothing beneficial to anything. At least get Capcom to model them or something.

Old 2016-01-30, 01:46   Link #606
einhorn303

I just bought a 3DS last year specifically to play FE: Awakening and Fates, and this is really making me regret that decision. I want to play the actual game, not a watered-down version to make soccer moms happy. Certainly, the face petting is a small part of the game, but telling adults, "Nope, you can't handle this," is extremely patronizing.

I'm also displeased with how Nintendo's handling it...the whole "keep quiet, disable Youtube comments, and hope as few people catch on until after the game's been released." My frame of reference is JAST USA, who have always been totally upfront about content cuts from their games, well before the release dates. Plus it just feels lazy and cheap in how Nintendo isn't replacing the cut feature with any other new voice acting or anything. To me, it feels like they're really ****ing on the consumer here. This might be the last Nintendo game I buy.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 03:15   Link #607
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I just bought a 3DS last year specifically to play FE: Awakening and Fates, and this is really making me regret that decision. I want to play the actual game, not a watered-down version to make soccer moms happy. Certainly, the face petting is a small part of the game, but telling adults, "Nope, you can't handle this," is extremely patronizing.

I'm also displeased with how Nintendo's handling it...the whole "keep quiet, disable Youtube comments, and hope as few people catch on until after the game's been released." My frame of reference is JAST USA, who have always been totally upfront about content cuts from their games, well before the release dates. Plus it just feels lazy and cheap in how Nintendo isn't replacing the cut feature with any other new voice acting or anything. To me, it feels like they're really ****ing on the consumer here. This might be the last Nintendo game I buy.
You know... the Kotaku article is complete BS and click-bait. Every major gaming company has already blacklisted Kotaku except Nintendo, because it is slow at that sort of stuff. It could be true, but no one said anything about it not at least replacing it with other content instead. I honestly expect it to either stay in, or be switched with other stuff that allows for affection points to grow, and that adds other content. Don't listen to silly articles that are clearly fake...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 08:43   Link #608
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You know... the Kotaku article is complete BS and click-bait. Every major gaming company has already blacklisted Kotaku except Nintendo, because it is slow at that sort of stuff. It could be true, but no one said anything about it not at least replacing it with other content instead. I honestly expect it to either stay in, or be switched with other stuff that allows for affection points to grow, and that adds other content. Don't listen to silly articles that are clearly fake...
It's been confirmed through Nintendo, last i heard.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 09:05   Link #609
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So according to this video, the petting is gone; but the bonus you get from inviting characters over is still present. I'm still trying to imagine how it would work, though.

it starts at the 55 minute mark.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 10:21   Link #610
einhorn303

I'm pretty sure it'll be like this:

1. Invite person over to My Room.
2. Screen fades to black (because it's too hot to handle for US gamers).
3. A box with the support bonus pops up, and you're back to My Castle.

Ideally they'd replace the petting session with other scenes using the awesomely animated Live2D models, and some dialogue to replace the character-building lines we're losing. However, I doubt they'd put the effort in.

In the video, one of the interviewers was trying to lead the Nintendo guy to confirm whether there was something like this, but he never responded affirmatively. Which makes me pretty doubtful, because if there was a cool replacement like that, then the Nintendo guy would want to let fans know to assuage their disappointment.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 12:24   Link #611
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I'm also displeased with how Nintendo's handling it...the whole "keep quiet, disable Youtube comments.
I've seen some of their videos, but at least from experience, it seems like they usually have the comments disabled anyways. Not that they are only disabling "controversial" videos.

Quote:

Ideally they'd replace the petting session with other scenes using the awesomely animated Live2D models, and some dialogue to replace the character-building lines we're losing. However, I doubt they'd put the effort in.

In the video, one of the interviewers was trying to lead the Nintendo guy to confirm whether there was something like this, but he never responded affirmatively. Which makes me pretty doubtful, because if there was a cool replacement like that, then the Nintendo guy would want to let fans know to assuage their disappointment.
Probably. In the JP version, after petting the person (oh the idea) and filling out enough hearts, a message box appears that says you got an item. So just remove the background and leave the item pop up with some dialogue?
All you get are accessories that have no influence on your main playthrough, anyways.

lol. Nintendo guy might become ex-Nintendo guy if his name was visible and he did something the company has not announced officially.

Old 2016-01-30, 12:38   Link #612
GDB

Honestly, they don't even have to remove the background. Just disable the touch screen and make it a prompt rather than mini-game, maybe tone down some of the dialogue that got too raunchy. Then it basically becomes a fancier version of the Garrison Dialogue from Awakening, but with actual dialogue instead of random crap.
Old 2016-01-30, 14:05   Link #613
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Invite's Kanna into the Room:

Kanna: daddy?
Corrin: .....
*fade to black*
*Corrin's and Kanna's relationship improved*

HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 16:26   Link #614
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Invite's Kanna into the Room:

Kanna: daddy?
Corrin: .....
*fade to black*
*Corrin's and Kanna's relationship improved*

Lol, that's so much better...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-01-30, 19:31   Link #615
Shadow5YA

Is anyone getting the English version day 1? If so, can you go into the settings and confirm whether there is dual audio or not?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 22:34   Link #616
Xacual

Wasn't it already confirmed that dual audio was out? Could have sworn I saw something from Nintendo saying it was. I need to go look and see where I saw that. Edit: Nevermind it was just that email that wasn't confirmed or denied either way.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 17:31   Link #617
Alchemist007
*Author

Guess it's too late now but Walmart had the special edition available yesterday. The site was bugged from the huge influx of people trying to get it, only way to order was to call them (and that worked about 20% of the time people called). Some people were cancelled on even after a successful order.

Walmart supposedly never had the preorder at all for this edition, so chances are at least some people will be getting it.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2016-02-03 at 17:49.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 00:36   Link #618
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's finally settled. No touching or petting, but the 2D models and some dialogue stay intact.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 01:37   Link #619
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
It's finally settled. No touching or petting, but the 2D models and some dialogue stay intact.

Well that's good to know. Getting that content is what matters to most of us anyway...

Old 2016-02-05, 02:13   Link #620
steam fish

Is the US version of the game going to include same-sex marraige?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem