AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-27, 11:50   Link #941
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sadly, the reason this is happening is because there isn't going to be a second season, and everyone involved with the series has pretty much accepted that. So in that light, I'm happy to get whatever we get.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 22:17   Link #942
BPD Renegade

While more Yona is generally a good thing, this sucks, since covering Zeno's arc means they're skipping over major arcs, so it's unlikely we'll see a sequel. I really like the development for one of the characters in the arc that follows the anime. There are so few series nowadays with genuinely good plot and character development that get anime adaptations, so it really sucks that Pierrot is pretty much saying they're only going to adapt enough to introduce us to the characters and not give us the actual story. Friggin' Pierrot. If only they just dropped Shippuden. It's not like they have an excuse for all the filler anyway, considering the manga ended ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
There...corrected it for you.
Hear, hear!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I'm like, 90% certain Pierrot's going to continue this. The adaptation has been way too faithful for them not to. There are still so many loose ends, and there have been absolutely no attempts at an anime original ending. If the last episode doesn't say something like "See You" or there isn't an announcement within a year, I will forsake Magic: the Gathering. Maybe, I shouldn't have made that bet. I have until March 24, 2016?
So... I'm pretty sure we all know that I really meant a second season, but since "to continue" is quite ambiguous here... an OVA counts, right? Right?! I really was planning on quitting, but now we're getting Innistrad thrown at us... shame.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2016-03-28 at 22:29.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 16:55   Link #943
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
While more Yona is generally a good thing, this sucks, since covering Zeno's arc means they're skipping over major arcs, so it's unlikely we'll see a sequel. I really like the development for one of the characters in the arc that follows the anime. There are so few series nowadays with genuinely good plot and character development that get anime adaptations, so it really sucks that Pierrot is pretty much saying they're only going to adapt enough to introduce us to the characters and not give us the actual story. Friggin' Pierrot. If only they just dropped Shippuden. It's not like they have an excuse for all the filler anyway, considering the manga ended ages ago.

Hear, hear!

Edit:
So... I'm pretty sure we all know that I really meant a second season, but since "to continue" is quite ambiguous here... an OVA counts, right? Right?! I really was planning on quitting, but now we're getting Innistrad thrown at us... shame.
Not necessarily.

I noticed when reading the manga, it had way to many arc's to cover in one season. Hell, i'll bet there is enough material to cover 4 to 5 seasons if done right!

To your point; The Zeno Arc is probably being done in OVA because they didn't do him justice in the first season (Since he was in only ONE episode .) No one really knew Zeno. We never really saw him, we didn't know his power, and so on.

If they were going to do a S2, his arc would have taken 2-3 valuable episodes, which puts constraints on the overall picture of the story.

I found Zeno's arc incredibly annoying because it took away from present day actions. Yes, we got his character backstory, but it didn't serve the main present day story (Well, maybe a little.)

Personally, i think maybe they are waiting for the completion of the manga and then greenlight S2 so that they can cover everything and finish off the series (Just like the strategy Assassination Classroom is doing with the Manga and Anime.)
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 19:37   Link #944
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Another OVA? YAY!

But if they're doing that, then I doubt there will be a season two.
Old 2016-04-28, 19:25   Link #945
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Off topic but kind of relates:

Looks like the mangaka was impacted by the recent earthquakes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/....php?t=3044067

All prayers to her for a speedy recovery and hopefully no one near to her was affected.
Old 2016-04-28, 23:25   Link #946
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

Looks like the mangaka was impacted by the recent earthquakes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/....php?t=3044067

All prayers to her for a speedy recovery and hopefully no one near to her was affected.
Oh no! But I read that she and her family are okay, so that's good. Hope she'll get back on her feet soon.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 02:10   Link #947
BPD Renegade

Quote:

Link to the article here.

Good to hear she wasn't injured. In agreement with everyone else's sentiments.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 10:14   Link #948
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, she lives in Kumamoto so this is obviously a big deal, but is apparently fine. I wouldn't expect this to be a long-term hiatus - I believe there's going to be an announcement on length in the next issue.
Old 2016-05-02, 11:04   Link #949
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Manga returns 5/20.
Old 2016-05-24, 13:56   Link #950
Justice_Rises

Quote:

Jeez, that's rough.

I follow her on twitter and dont worry guys, she's fine and is working on getting everything back in order.

But yeah, it's kinda scary to have that where you live (I'm lucky where i live, the closet thing to earthquakes is maybe a hurricane, which we haven't had in years.)
Old 2016-06-02, 10:51   Link #951
Justice_Rises

You know, instead of a 2nd season, they should just do a feature length movie to finish the story (whenever the ending comes.)

Maybe a two parter.
Old 2016-08-23, 20:23   Link #952
Justice_Rises

Okay so the OVA part 1 came out. And wow! Its pretty interesting. (Saw it on youtube, dont know if it's still there.)

And i can see why they chose OVA to do it, it's way to violent for TV or whatever, there is no way they can tell this story in a 2nd season. If they still wanted to sell the show, they probably had to knock the violence down a couple of RPM's.

Cant wait for part 2 and whats to come in the future.
Old 2016-09-14, 22:11   Link #953
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Just finished OVA two. Holy shit y'all....I am still crying

Spoiler:
Old 2016-09-16, 17:03   Link #954
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Just finished OVA two. Holy shit y'all....I am still crying

Spoiler:
VA?

And yeah, it was a pretty sad story about Zeno, and no way could they include this story in the TV portion, because it's to much.
Old 2016-09-18, 15:07   Link #955
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_Rises View Post
VA?

And yeah, it was a pretty sad story about Zeno, and no way could they include this story in the TV portion, because it's to much.
voice actor. It sounded like the same actor that voices Hak did Hiryuu, but I might be wrong, considering how a lot of actors sound alike.
Old 2017-01-08, 00:58   Link #956
VTHokiePride

Just finished OVA 3. Zeno's backstory will always be one of the saddest things I've ever watched.
Old 2017-01-11, 18:59   Link #957
snkpro386

Just finished the last OVA, and wow, what a wonderful series. Even if this is truly the last of the Yona anime, I am more than satisfied.

Then again....the official English translation of the manga is now coming out. Time to start saving again.....
snkpro386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 17:49   Link #958
Justice_Rises

The Manga is steadily being brought up to speed in English with Viz releasing the Manga now. So far, I've collected all 3 that are out, a 4th is on the way in early Feb.

Picked up the Blu-ray's for the series, too bad the OVA's probably wont be released in America.

Still holding out hope for a Season 2 or more OVA's.

Looks like the manga might be reaching its endgame soon.

Tags
action, adventure, akatsuki no yona, anime, fantasy, reverse harem, romance, shoujo, yona of the dawn