AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 11:49   Link #6921
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It's not disease ridden, it just has bacteria that can make you sick if your body is not adapted to it. People who live in Mexico and have been exposed to it have the proper gut flora to drink with no problems.

The whole topic of gut flora is quite interesting. It's one of the areas of health that is too often overlooked.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 13:14   Link #6922
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
^ I guess but if I decide to go to Mexico, what should I look for besides the bacteria? I don't want to get sick or anything and I admit that a lot of what I know stems largely from television.
Old 2013-04-22, 14:47   Link #6923
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
^ I guess but if I decide to go to Mexico, what should I look for besides the bacteria? I don't want to get sick or anything and I admit that a lot of what I know stems largely from television.
Coming from a third world country myself.. I don't think you should have high expectations for your bowel movements. I mean, take any precautions you deem necessary, by all means, but don't get torn up about getting your stomach upset when you go. In all probability you will get the runs, but if you're sensible about where you eat/ what water you drink you won't get a bad bacterial or amoebic infection. don't miss out on all the awesome food you could have though.

So, tl;dr you will probably get a little sick, but don't worry about it, no biggie.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 11:44   Link #6924
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think I need help in changing my diet. I get hungry very easily, and I don't eat that fast as before. Is there a way to make myself feel less hungry?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 12:19   Link #6925
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@S-chan
I usually eat something with lots of fiber to prevent me getting hungry every 1-2 hours...
Fruit is a very healthy snack.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 18:46   Link #6926
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think I need help in changing my diet. I get hungry very easily, and I don't eat that fast as before. Is there a way to make myself feel less hungry?
play more games...

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:25   Link #6927
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^That's unhealthy.

It's true though. Long obsessive game sessions (like, you know, WoT) really numbs your other senses including hunger.

Quote:
What are you eating currently?

Generic advice: more protein, more water (to minimize confusion between hunger and thirst), more diverse nutrients (vegetables, etc.). And more protein. This is assuming you have one of those modern young 20-something diets of A LOT of carbs, which are just about horribad at making you actually full.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:28   Link #6928
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^That's unhealthy.

It's true though. Long obsessive game sessions (like, you know, WoT) really numbs your other senses including hunger.
Yes. This depressed me

Old 2013-04-23, 23:52   Link #6929
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm not sure how well this would work with anybody else, but personally I ignore any feelings of hunger as much as I can.

I can't remember weather I had any difficulty at first, but now there are days I can't even remember what being hungry feels like.

Eat at regular intervals, do not eat unless it's time for you to eat, any and all feelings of hunger must be ignored.

Or well that's basically what I tell myself.

Then again, I've had instances of Hyperacidity, though they are very rare, I make an exception to the rule during times like that.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:17   Link #6930
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
^That's unhealthy.

What are you eating currently?

Generic advice: more protein, more water (to minimize confusion between hunger and thirst), more diverse nutrients (vegetables, etc.). And more protein. This is assuming you have one of those modern young 20-something diets of A LOT of carbs, which are just about horribad at making you actually full.
Mostly vegetables like kangkong and long beans. Rice and soup.

And a can of soy milk for breakfast on the move.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:23   Link #6931
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Mine is a cup of rice and unlimited vegetables...and some fish....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 10:22   Link #6932
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
That sounds like your problem. Get something more fulfilling, take your time with it.

Everyone works differently, of course, but it's worth trying. Lots of people swear by "big" (fulfilling, nutritious, healthful) breakfast. See if you're still starving at lunch.
Old 2013-04-24, 10:36   Link #6933
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Mostly vegetables like kangkong and long beans. Rice and soup.

Breakfast: Eat healthy
Lunch: Eat a lot
Dinner: Eat enough

Do you not love the traditional breakfast of kopitiam? Srikaya bread, half boiled egg and a cup of tea??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 10:36   Link #6934
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That sounds like your problem. Get something more fulfilling, take your time with it.

Everyone works differently, of course, but it's worth trying. Lots of people swear by "big" (fulfilling, nutritious, healthful) breakfast. See if you're still starving at lunch.
I probably lost the sense of "hungry" and "full" at work because I am so engrossed. Maybe I'll try bread tomorrow morning. If I had a real loli in my bed I wouldn't have felt so hungry after all......maybe just too lazy to get out of bed.

Old 2013-04-24, 10:46   Link #6935
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Bread won't actually do you much good. Carbohydrates are digested rather easily. You'll just get hungry earlier.

Soy stuff is good. It's just...a can of milk isn't going to be enough.
Old 2013-04-24, 10:54   Link #6936
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Why not try some chicken and meat (not this meat) for breakfast.
if not omelet

Old 2013-04-24, 11:01   Link #6937
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Bread won't actually do you much good. Carbohydrates are digested rather easily. You'll just get hungry earlier.

Soy stuff is good. It's just...a can of milk isn't going to be enough.
I always tell myself "Be glad for a can, you have had worse" when I get distracted by the toaster on the table. Psychological hardness can be a bad thing.

Old 2013-04-28, 15:28   Link #6938
Seitsuki
Onee!

What's the difference between envy and jealousy?

I've always thought that envy pertains more to material matters (such as goods) while jealousy deals with the abstract (eg relationships).. but is there any time when it's 'more appropriate' to use either in literature etc?
Old 2013-04-28, 15:35   Link #6939
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
What's the difference between envy and jealousy?

I've always thought that envy pertains more to material matters (such as goods) while jealousy deals with the abstract (eg relationships).. but is there any time when it's 'more appropriate' to use either in literature etc?
There are two definitions/usages of jealousy. The first usage is the synonym of envy, about wanting what another person has. The second usage of jealousy is about a fear of losing what you already have.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:51   Link #6940
Seitsuki
Onee!

Fear of loss?...

Yeah, that seems.. more appropriate. Thanks.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious