AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-03, 22:11   Link #11041
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Phalanx can continuously regenerate..... I thought we already covered this?
Yeah if Katsuto use Phalanx for defense mode only and he keep their distance.

The problem is you say " just have them charge at each other ".

That's why I say it's like throwing paper into fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Well, my theory is still only a theory. But by my logic, then maybe? If you really want to kill Katsuo.

it'd have to decompose the barrier's and break through the set boundary to reach and pierce him, but the barrier might end up slowing it's velocity too much if nothing else. The exact mechanics of that scenario are uncertain.

For example, if the set boundary is a quarter meter around Katsuo, once you reach that space he'll be defenseless. If the bullet shatters through the Phalanx to reach that point without losing speed, then there's no reason it shouldn't work.

If my theory, which is still Just a theory works. But that theory applies to the fact Phalanx can't be broken, undone or dispelled, but it can possibly be bypassed.
Ehmm question about coating decomposition.

In volume 7, Tatsuya coat his hand with decomposition or he only set boundaries ?
If he coat his hand with decomposition, is it possible to move his hand freelly ?
Old 2014-03-03, 22:19   Link #11042
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post

Ehmm question about coating decomposition.

In volume 7, Tatsuya coat his hand with decomposition or he only set boundaries ?
If he coat his hand with decomposition, is it possible to move his hand freelly ?
When I say "Set boundaries" I'm referring to Phalanx.

Specifically this: Phalanx (鐵壁) is a Move-Type Defensive Magic that isn't simply a sustained magic barrier, but a multi-layered barrier that continuously refreshes itself. This is similar to a dense formation of heavy infantry that marches as one to increase the group's defensive power and then translates that power into offense.
Even if the initial barrier falters, the one behind would simply replace it, to be continued ad infinitum. The barriers are in constant motion within set boundaries, not necessarily in front of oneself, but rather dozens of barriers can be sent crashing at high speeds into the enemy.

More or less Tatsuya can move his hand freely. It's actually the basis for my theory.

If Tatsuya can coat himself, a limb, or an object, in decomposition magic, then I think that even though he can't undo Phalanx's magic with decomposition, he can cut through it and attack directly.

Basically, Phalanx>Decomposition in terms of pure magic against magic combat, but Decomposition+Martial Arts/ A sniper rifle might be able to bypass Phalanx's space and hit the caster.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:24   Link #11043
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I don't see how they could be restored. His emotion faculties were replaced by an artificial magic calculation area. So there's no record of what sort of emotions he had like if he was easily angered or easy to scare or easy to cry.
OK now I want to know what he was like back when he had those emotions.
Hopefully they'll do a flashback that shows what he was like and what happened to him before the experiment/operation, and seriously what type of training did he go through for him to have such a high tolerance for pain, must have been like torture.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:35   Link #11044
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

Sorry, I don't really understand the point you're trying to make. The hypothetical scenario I brought up was having Katsuto surround himself with Phalanx and have Tatsuya use his wall of Decomposition, and have them clash together...

And no, your analogy was not entirely correct. It is more like throwing a bunch of paper that can replicate itself continuously into fire. Which leads to the question, would the fire be smothered first by all the paper? Or would the fire burn all the papers first.

Quote:

Basically, Phalanx>Decomposition in terms of pure magic against magic combat, but Decomposition+Martial Arts/ A sniper rifle might be able to bypass Phalanx's space and hit the caster.
Hey, out of curiosity, you understood what I meant when I brought up the Phalanx vs Decomposition Wall charge scenario right? Did I get something wrong? I feel like you can interpret hakazee's replies better than I can.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:41   Link #11045
anonfr

Quote:
Sorry, I don't really understand the point you're trying to make. The hypothetical scenario I brought up was having Katsuto surround himself with Phalanx and have Tatsuya use his wall of Decomposition, and have them clash together...

And no, your analogy was not entirely correct. It is more like throwing a bunch of paper that can replicate itself continuously into fire. Which leads to the question, would the fire be smothered first by all the paper? Or would the fire burn all the papers first.

Hey, out of curiosity, you understood what I meant when I brought up the Phalanx vs Decomposition Wall charge scenario right? Did I get something wrong? I feel like you can interpret hakazee's replies better than I can.
I understood it as basically relying on the same concept as what I just explained. Is that right?

Like, Katsuo does Phalanx, Tatsuya makes a special barrier of decomposition (not sure if he can actually do that though) and they sort of just, run into each other?

I mean, I get that, if that's what you mean.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:46   Link #11046
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
I understood it as basically relying on the same concept as what I just explained. Is that right?

Like, Katsuo does Phalanx, Tatsuya makes a special barrier of decomposition (not sure if he can actually do that though) and they sort of just, run into each other?

I mean, I get that, if that's what you mean.
Yes, exactly, I went and read your past posts and yes, its actually quite the similar concept. The reason I said "wall of Decomposition" is because I remember him using that method during the vampire arc.

Good, so you understood. Now what the hell is hakazee talking about? I thought I made a mistake in my scenario at first...
Old 2014-03-03, 22:46   Link #11047
whsie

Quote:

If Tatsuya can coat himself, a limb, or an object, in decomposition magic, then I think that even though he can't undo Phalanx's magic with decomposition, he can cut through it and attack directly.

Well said. That's basically the point I've always abide by. It's true that Phalanx may have an advantage against Decomposition if we put the two casters in a boxing ring and have them fire it out against each other. Thing is, real combat is rarely like that. Versatility is a key calling card of the MC. He can fight close range (against Range Zero), mid range (Hattori), long range (against Crimson Prince), anywhere.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:48   Link #11048
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Well said. That's basically the point I've always abide by. It's true that Phalanx may have an advantage against Decomposition if we put the two casters in a boxing ring and have them fire it out against each other. Thing is, real combat is rarely like that. Versatility is a key calling card of the MC. He can fight close range (against Range Zero), mid range (Hattori), long range (against Crimson Prince), anywhere.
Exactly. I believe whilst decomposition loses long range-mid range, it can win at close range.

Quote:
Yes, exactly, I went and read your past posts and yes, its actually quite the similar concept. The reason I said "wall of Decomposition" is because I remember him using that method during the vampire arc.

Good, so you understood. Now what the hell is hakazee talking about? I thought I made a mistake in my scenario at first...
Oh yeah that happened! So he can actually do it!

I hate to say it but Hakazee might be right. Tatsuya can't beat Phalanx from a distance. If he fires off Gram Demoltion it regenerates, gram dispersion it regenerates, mist dispersion it regenerates, but if he wraps himself in decomposition and charges at him then it might not matter if it regenerates as long as he breaks through to the other side. Then Hakazee might be right, it might shred like paper.

Say for example tatsuya had a sword of Decomposition, and stabbed it through phalanx. While it regenerates, the sword is still there, meaning it breaks all over again, over and over so long as the physical object is present. The physical object being Tatsuya himself in my scenerio.

In theory anyway. Keep in mind I might be wrong.

But if your scenario is Phalanx barrier against Decomposition wall, it might just be a stalemate that goes on forever.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:50   Link #11049
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Oh yeah that happened! So he can actually do it!

I hate to say it but Hakazee might be right. Tatsuya can't beat Phalanx from a distance. If he fires off Gram Demoltion it regenerates, gram dispersion it regenerates, mist dispersion it regenerates, but if he wraps himself in decomposition and charges at him then it might not matter if it regenerates as long as he breaks through to the other side. Then Hakazee might be right, it might shred like paper.

Say for example tatsuya had a sword of Decomposition, and stabbed it through phalanx. While it regenerates, the sword is still there, meaning it breaks all over again, over and over so long as the physical object is present.

Thank you! From now on, you are my go to Hakazee translator.

@hakazee, Alright buddy, I got what you were trying to say.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:57   Link #11050
anonfr

Quote:
Thank you! From now on, you are my go to Hakazee translator.

@hakazee, Alright buddy, I got what you were trying to say.
Uh, Not so sure how I feel about this one... I'll admit I laughed though.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:58   Link #11051
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Ninjutsu is ancient magic. It was just physical capabilities.
Wow, so Tatsuya can practically match someone using Speed magic with his own physical prowess...

I can't believe I'm still being impressed by him even at this point.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:01   Link #11052
hakazee

Quote:

Say for example tatsuya had a sword of Decomposition, and stabbed it through phalanx. While it regenerates, the sword is still there, meaning it breaks all over again, over and over so long as the physical object is present. The physical object being Tatsuya himself in my scenerio.

But if your scenario is Phalanx barrier against Decomposition wall, it might just be a stalemate that goes on forever.
Thank you.
Nah that's what I want to say.

There is no way Phalanx can win or even a stalemate with Decomposition if Phalanx is Offensive mode.

Just use it for Defensive mode, keep their distance or run away.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:06   Link #11053
anonfr

Quote:
Thank you.
Nah that's what I want to say.

There is no way Phalanx can win or even a stalemate with Decomposition if Phalanx is Offensive mode.

Just use it for Defensive mode, keep their distance or run away.
You're still a jerk sometimes. You know.

I already said you were right, if we're talking about offensive mode as in "They run into eachother" yeah, you're right. Phalanx would shred as Tatsuya broke through it. Even if it regenerates after Tatsuya breaks through it would be kind of useless anyway.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:13   Link #11054
hakazee

Quote:
You're still a jerk sometimes. You know.

I already said you were right, if we're talking about offensive mode as in "They run into eachother" yeah, you're right. Phalanx would shred as Tatsuya broke through it. Even if it regenerates after Tatsuya breaks through it would be kind of useless anyway.
Calm down bro, calm down.

I know you agree with me, we have the same oppinion.

That's only my habit to repeat and explain again.

That's why I say Thank you at first. Only like that.

I'm sorry if I offend you. Again I'm sorry. If my english is bad and I affraid people don't understand me because I'm not smart like you guys.

I already said that yesterday, usuallly I only use my National language when working. And only use mandarin and hokkien when I talk with my family or friends.

I only use english in this forum and some other forum.

Again I'm sorry if I offend you. Okay ?
Old 2014-03-03, 23:15   Link #11055
anonfr

Quote:

I'm sorry if I offend you. Again I'm sorry. If my english is bad and I affraid people don't understand me because I'm not smart like you guys.
Well I wouldn't say you're not smart. It's hard to sound smart in a second language too. I'm sorry Hakazee. I was harsh.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:20   Link #11056
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

Damn it hakazee, I can't stay mad at you now . Now if English was your native language, I would absolutely trash you for that grammar.

Quote:
Well I wouldn't say you're not smart. It's hard to sound smart in a second language too. I'm sorry Hakazee. I was harsh.

Anyway, after realizing how haxor-like Tatusya's abilities are, it makes you wonder if there are other Magicians with abilities just as insane.

For example, Tatsuya can interfere with the structural information. You think maybe there's a Magician who can, maybe temporarily stop it or something? Like stopping time...
Old 2014-03-03, 23:26   Link #11057
anonfr

Quote:
Damn it hakazee, I can't stay mad at you. Now if English was your native language, I would absolutely trash you for that grammar.

Anyway, after realizing how haxor-like Tatusya's abilities are, it makes you wonder if there are other Magicians with abilities just as insane.

For example, Tatsuya can interfere with the structural information. You think maybe there's a Magician who can, maybe temporarily stop it or something? Like stopping time...

Well Tatsuya is super-hax for a very specific reason. In the mahouka universe it might be possible for someone like him to exist. Anything that happens once can happen twice.

By your logic, it might be possible. It's certainly a stretch and others might disagree with you, but hey if someone told me there was going to be Inter-Dimensional Vampires or a Robot that's in love with Tatsuya before it actually happened, I wouldn't believe that at all. But it happened.

So I'll say it's possible despite however improbable it sounds, in that crazy mixed up world of there's someone who can freeze an informational structure can exist.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:31   Link #11058
hakazee

Quote:
Yup my second language, I'm chinese born and live in South East Asia.

Quote:
Damn it hakazee, I can't stay mad at you now . Now if English was your native language, I would absolutely trash you for that grammar.
Thanks for your understanding.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:34   Link #11059
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

Thanks for your understanding.
Just for the record, half Chinese. I speak Cantonese and English. Welcome brethren...
Old 2014-03-03, 23:45   Link #11060
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:

I don't know if "Time" exists in IDEA or not but Temporal Interference does sound godly.

Quote:
so we live in the same region.

P.S. wait! what if someone is able to stop "all change" in Eidos? does that have the same effect as stopping "time"?

P.S.2 but that someone would need Cocytus as well if he want to use time-stopping magic on living creatures.

Last edited by CatRules; 2014-03-04 at 02:28.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings