Well, it's about time they made a sequel to Falling Down

NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ifvWY2rMdo

Spoiler for Falling Down for those that don't know:
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 12:53   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hopefully, people will L2park! Sounds great, looking forward to it.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 12:59   Link #3
Sumeragi
Banned

This will be interesting.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:37   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Looks more like a sequel to Natural Born Killers if you ask me.
Old 2012-02-04, 16:11   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
It reminds me of Super, the guy is even named Frank. Good trailer though.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:04   Link #6
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Interesting, this sort of reminds me of Death Note ("I only kill people who deserve to die"), just without the whole magic aspect. It seems like the type of movie that will let people blow off some steam... I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 2012-02-04, 18:10   Link #7
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I love these kind of movies. Falling Down was excellent, and even though this one seems a little more over the top, still watching despite possible reviews.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 22:37   Link #8
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now this is a movie I can watch its just looks so funny
Old 2012-02-06, 07:48   Link #9
Lost Cause

A fantasy about doing that which we all wish we could at sometime...HELL YES!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 07:58   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

One word. Amazing.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:04   Link #11
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Ooo, now this is a movie I wanna watch.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:05   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Problem is it will never be released outside of America.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-06, 11:03   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Problem is it will never be released outside of America.
Is it because it's a violent, vigilante movie or the people the protagonist kills?
Old 2012-02-06, 11:31   Link #14
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Is it because it's a violent, vigilante movie or the people the protagonist kills?
It is the "have gun, will travel" theme that is the topic of discussion amongst the retards at the censorship boards rather than the sociopolitical problems the both of them encounter, and the absolutist Stalin way of problem-solving.

Problems only solve themselves when project timeflows are replaced by literal killcounts. And that is pretty much the extreme solution as perceived by the directors themselves, nobody wants it to happen, yet nobody is thinking of alternative solutions.

Old 2012-02-07, 14:59   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
YES! This darn movie.

My friend pointed this out to my absolute delight the other day. Finally a black comedy looking to criticize just how crappy and embarassing our culture has become. It seems to be going right for North America's celebration of just plain awful trashy people that somehow got elevated to celebrity status too. We never used to do this and generally our celebrities used to be somewhat respectable (at least in public they typically carried themselves with dignity), but now we almost seem to celeberate the likes of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian or at the very least the media wants us to pay a hell of a lot of attention to them for no clearly discernable reason.

Really looking forward to this and I'd almost go so far as argue it's the kind of movie that needs to be made. I don't know if it'll get too much attention, but anything that challenges people to look at the state of our culture and ask ourselves if this is really acceptable or just plain enough to drive a rational thinking man to insanity is a-ok in my book.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 15:05   Link #16
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
It is the "have gun, will travel" theme that is the topic of discussion amongst the retards at the censorship boards rather than the sociopolitical problems the both of them encounter, and the absolutist Stalin way of problem-solving.

Problems only solve themselves when project timeflows are replaced by literal killcounts. And that is pretty much the extreme solution as perceived by the directors themselves, nobody wants it to happen, yet nobody is thinking of alternative solutions.
you know what you must do...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 03:01   Link #17
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Right, because obviously, outside of America is all commie Stalinian or Marxist societies amirite?

You do realize both Falling Down and Super had international releases, including Japan right?
Old 2012-02-08, 03:11   Link #18
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Right, because obviously, outside of America is all commie Stalinian or Marxist societies amirite?

You do realize both Falling Down and Super had international releases, including Japan right?
I do. The thing I see is that societies within SEA have become increasingly conservative over time as seen by the way they pass new laws prohibiting this and that and seemingly regulate everything else.

For my side, the local example I have seen is the Seed of Chucky and Equilibrium - the former which had so many deleted scenes that I lost count, and the latter which they cut off the "face-slicing" part amongst many other things. Malaysia/Singapore even barred Zoolander, which is entirely a comedy and does not reflect the real situation.

It passed censorship boards in the past. Will they pass again today in today's societal (mis)conceptions of a movie which portrays "drive-by shooting jerks"? Falling down was released in 1993. and it is close to 20 years already.

Old 2012-02-08, 03:22   Link #19
Skane
Anime Snark

Singapore did lift the ban afterwards.

Cheers.
Old 2012-02-08, 03:24   Link #20
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Singapore did lift the ban afterwards.

Cheers.
After half a decade. By then countless people have already watched it over the net or went overseas to grab it on VCD.

The real problem is the kneejerk reaction our government has when it comes to censorship - remember Mass Effect? It almost got banned because some retarded son-of-a-bitch mentioned "sex scene between alien and human". Later it was put under an M18 label for no apparent reason. Of course, there is "16"...I don't have to tell you about that.

One thing I detest about scene deleting and the current censorship ratings is that it is like telling us that "You can't have meat, but you can have mock meat.". The premise is garbage - those are two different things and it is not like we need this ersatz for survival. If we can't have it, just say no; don't say that we can have a watered down version.