Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 01:50   Link #701
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Spoiler for Ep.8:
FINALLY! Asagi gets her moment. Does she know he's the Fourth Progenitor? Or does she not remember seeing Kojou on the roof fighting Sayaka?
Old 2013-11-23, 02:04   Link #702
Iron Maw
Banned

No.

Asagi forgot the stuff on roof when she got knocked out apparently.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 06:38   Link #703
MasterVampire

Who wants to bet they will act like that kiss never happened in the next episode?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 07:24   Link #704
Cloudenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Who wants to bet they will act like that kiss never happened in the next episode?
That's not a fair bet and you know it!
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 07:30   Link #705
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
To bad Kojou will probably be all indecisive about it or pretend it never happened by next episode. Can't have him be proactive now any sort of relationship.
*whistles*
Old 2013-11-23, 09:06   Link #706
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
To bad Kojou will probably be all indecisive about it or pretend it never happened by next episode. Can't have him be proactive now any sort of relationship.
Yeah. Especially with the new girl coming. Probably the best girl in the series in my opinion.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 13:18   Link #707
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

this is more and more becoming "kojou adding another member to his harem" every chapter with a few fight scenes as a side plot or intermission.

not that I expected anything else with this series, but even now it looks like another harem member is coming.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 13:21   Link #708
Aqua Knight

Why no love for Sayaka?
Old 2013-11-23, 13:47   Link #709
Tenzen12

Sayaka is good and she does seems to be type character who is able quickly leave initial grudge behind and be more honest. Both her and Asagi are more interesting than that other option.

And for Asagi, good for her. Girl like her often join to game too late due lack of honesty and never got real chance.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 15:31   Link #710
Enternal

Just to note just in case some people have not noticed, generally the girls in the series are not violent people. Outside of certain cases (Sayaka in terms Yukina, or Yukina for certain things), they're just in the most case yell at Koujou. Even Sayaka this episode only yell at him when he accidentally grope her.

To be honest, there are times I feel that the whole part with Yukina hitting him or something seems to be something that the production team decides to add in to to the anime because it seems not in character with Yukina at least. At least they did not decide to do that with Sayaka or Asagi.

Asagi... omg. I was jumping around throwing random thumb-ups when she kissed Kujou. She's really awesome!!! I guess that also has to do with Motoki's back support but she sure got a lot more aggressive lately!

And just like Tenzen12 said, Sayaka is the type to leave initial impression/grudge/etc behind really quickly. I remember reading someone here who said that, after that attack she had on Kojou and coming to understand him, they become quite chummy. And that's exactly what you see here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Why no love for Sayaka?
Don't worry. GO SAYAKA!! She's really cute this episode too! I think there are still some people who are having bad after taste from Sayaka when she attacked Kojou. It would be funny if they still remembered that even though Sayaka herself in the story already forgot about all those grudge she had before with Kojou.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 16:17   Link #711
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Just to note just in case some people have not noticed, generally the girls in the series are not violent people. Outside of certain cases (Sayaka in terms Yukina, or Yukina for certain things), they're just in the most case yell at Koujou. Even Sayaka this episode only yell at him when he accidentally grope her.

To be honest, there are times I feel that the whole part with Yukina hitting him or something seems to be something that the production team decides to add in to to the anime because it seems not in character with Yukina at least. At least they did not decide to do that with Sayaka or Asagi.

Asagi... omg. I was jumping around throwing random thumb-ups when she kissed Kujou. She's really awesome!!! I guess that also has to do with Motoki's back support but she sure got a lot more aggressive lately!

And just like Tenzen12 said, Sayaka is the type to leave initial impression/grudge/etc behind really quickly. I remember reading someone here who said that, after that attack she had on Kojou and coming to understand him, they become quite chummy. And that's exactly what you see here!

Don't worry. GO SAYAKA!! She's really cute this episode too! I think there are still some people who are having bad after taste from Sayaka when she attacked Kojou. It would be funny if they still remembered that even though Sayaka herself in the story already forgot about all those grudge she had before with Kojou.
Best part is she's Dimitrie's observer and since he's sticking around to run an embassy we'll be seeing a lot more of her.

Oh, yeah. Don't get too comfortable with the new girl in the preview. We'll get more of her in the next, next arc.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 17:04   Link #712
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yeah. Especially with the new girl coming. Probably the best girl in the series in my opinion.
As long as she's better than Sayaka I don't really care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post

That's exactly the problem, at least for me. Most of this arc was spent showing Sayaka's excessive over the top reactions to Kojou to point where she tried to murder him. None of it was played off comedy or anything, but as an actual part of her character. Then all of a sudden this episode drops all that and pretends the last 3 episodes never happened. Frankly it's unnatural on how it all played out and makes me wonder if there was any point to all that crap. Why not be deredere from the start then instead of try to force some pointless drama? I would have better if she just warmed up to Kojou gradually so that her issues the show kept hammering us over the head with would still some relevance, but nope she harem member number #3 now. Yay?

Her character and resolution is just badly written with the only saving grace being her looks to me. If you like her then good for you though since it means this episode did it's job.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-23 at 17:18.
Old 2013-11-23, 18:18   Link #713
kagato3

Well it might be that most of her info on Kojou likely came from Dimitrie and he would be her idea of what a typical high powered vampire was. So she came in expecting a d bag like Dimitrie and it wasn't until she spent some time with him that she figured out how wrong she was.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:26   Link #714
Xiyon

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep.8:
I was all "o rly?" when Asagi asked Kojou to check her earrings, then just as floored as Kojou when she did that next o_o

Is it too late to jump on the Asagi ship?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:20   Link #715
Vezon

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep.8:
That scene surprised me. I wonder how their relationship will progress.......
Their probably just ignore that kiss and blush a little.....
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 23:48   Link #716
Tenzen12

Quote:

That's exactly the problem, at least for me. Most of this arc was spent showing Sayaka's excessive over the top reactions to Kojou to point where she tried to murder him. None of it was played off comedy or anything, but as an actual part of her character. Then all of a sudden this episode drops all that and pretends the last 3 episodes never happened. Frankly it's unnatural on how it all played out and makes me wonder if there was any point to all that crap. Why not be deredere from the start then instead of try to force some pointless drama? I would have better if she just warmed up to Kojou gradually so that her issues the show kept hammering us over the head with would still some relevance, but nope she harem member number #3 now. Yay?

Her character and resolution is just badly written with the only saving grace being her looks to me. If you like her then good for you though since it means this episode did it's job.
I don't realy belive she tried "murder" him in first place. He is progenitor and mere dancer (was it?), can't realy hope to defeat him. If someone think her act was overtop, it's more than understable, but it was more gesture than real homicidal atempt.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-11-24 at 00:24.
Old 2013-11-24, 00:22   Link #717
tsunade666

I think Sayaka tried to hurt Kujou because, just like what explained. Kujou is cheating on Yukina with him being too close to Asagi. Sayaka is just being an overprotective friend.

And I agree with Tenzen, How the heck can she kill Kujou if bisecting his upper part of the body is not enough to kill him.
Old 2013-11-24, 00:39   Link #718
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

Yeah, her change in character just seemed to happen way to fast. I expected her to fight it a little when Kojou finally needed to neck her. With her letting him do it more begrudgingly. Instead she offers herself up all willy nilly like. My brain was like "Wa..what?!"

You know I don't dislike harems, I really don't, but why oh why does it feel like every other fantasy/supernatural light novel just has to be one. Do authors feel that monogamous relations just aren't interesting anymore?!

Asagi's out of nowhere kiss was cute and surprising, and Yukina not blowing up in Kujou's face was also pleasant, but ugh, this show...I'm just not so sure anymore.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:15   Link #719
Tenzen12

She had prejudices toward Kojou, she found, she wrong. That's all. One doesn't have to change character to gain different opinion on other person. If someone who realy abused her best friend appeared, Sayakas protective attitude would be back in blink of eye.

I don't think there is need look for flaws everywhere, especialy as it was clear from very begenning StheB will be generic shone ride like any other.
Old 2013-11-24, 02:09   Link #720
Frontier

So Regulus Aurum focuses on lightning attacks, while our 2nd... I mean 9th Familiar, Al-Nasl Minium utilizes Sonic attacks of some sort? It was either that or fire attacks but I honestly couldn't really tell. I'm very interested to see how Kojou, in the future, will utilize the current Familiar's at his disposal in battle, and what the rest will be like. I wonder how many of the twelve we'll get to over the 2-cour?

So is every arc going to end with an "It's over, old man!" and a Touma punch from Kojou? Well, I guess Vatler would technically count as an old man .

Okay, I admit, I was not at all expecting that kiss. This arc has definitely raised my opinion of Asagi quite a bit. I'm really starting to like her .

Her overzealousness aside, I thought Sayaka's scenes with Kojou were pretty cute. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more of her and how she'll continue to factor into the plot.

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-11-24 at 15:09. Reason: Wrong number
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires