AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 11:31   Link #4561
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still the ending of Highschool of the Dead had sequal written all over it. I mean iv read the manga and I know what happens at the part where the anime ended, but the anime ended in a way that it could easily start season 2 on the shopping mall arc!
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 12:01   Link #4562
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Man...ove or season2.
From day1 when I herd about this anime about zombies I wanted it to have a game!
Hope there will a game of this soon.
Old 2010-09-20, 12:22   Link #4563
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
There's one thing that we've missed about.

What the hell happened to that PRICK guy Shidou?! I mean we've seen the bus was crashed but it hasn't cleared that whether he's finally dead!! I mean what the hell?!
I'm pretty sure he'll be back somewhere along the line, hopefully as a serious threat. It's not worth setting his character up from the beginning just to have Rei snub him and that be the end of it. He has to make them really regret saving him before he can be allowed to die...
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 12:25   Link #4564
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well usually there's always one massively dickish character in stories like these that makes life a hassle for the good guys and eventually gets a karmic death. Maybe this story was trying to subvert that and just have Shidou's role to this story meet an anti-climactic end very early on.

Either that or he turns out to be the Big Bad...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 12:40   Link #4565
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

They probably want to see how many people want a season 2 for Highschool of the Dead. Or they are waiting for more chapters to be released before they go with season 2, because with how they were strolling along with the chapters. Then there will not be enough content to animate. Also the EMP was completely a silly idea... How could zombies use technology exactly?
Old 2010-09-20, 13:06   Link #4566
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They probably want to see how many people want a season 2 for Highschool of the Dead. Or they are waiting for more chapters to be released before they go with season 2, because with how they were strolling along with the chapters. Then there will not be enough content to animate. Also the EMP was completely a silly idea... How could zombies use technology exactly?
It wasn't the zombies, they didn't want the humans to strike against America using any form of military equiptment like nukes or whatever, even though by doing that, they doomed a lot of people to death by undead.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 13:11   Link #4567
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well fortunately it wasn't a Nuke .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 13:15   Link #4568
Qikz

I think it was, they just detinated it at high altitude meaning only the EMP blast generally associated with Nuculear Explosions actually hit anyone on the ground.
Old 2010-09-20, 13:42   Link #4569
Kallen4life

it was pretty goddamn obvious from the show ITSELF that it was a nuke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-al...lear_explosion (HANE) = EMP on a wide area

nice ending for something that should have a sequel

a give it an 8

Saya's mom is OMG right after Saeko

Saya's mom >> Saya !
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 14:45   Link #4570
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

That's it?! no more?!!! NO!!!!!!!!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 14:46   Link #4571
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That's it?! no more?!!! NO!!!!!!!!!
Its the sad truth... There is two options available for us now.... 1 to read the manga from where we left off. Or 2 to wait 6-however many months if they ever decided to make a season 2.
Old 2010-09-20, 14:50   Link #4572
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelation View Post
I'm pretty sure he'll be back somewhere along the line, hopefully as a serious threat. It's not worth setting his character up from the beginning just to have Rei snub him and that be the end of it. He has to make them really regret saving him before he can be allowed to die...
Well only way he's back as a serious threat is if he increases his cult. Right now he's hurt, he has no vehicle, and none of his group can fight. Shido will be damn lucky if he even survives to be seen again. One can also question how many of his followers are even still alive or able to move since he'd quickly abandon anyone not useful. It'll have to be a long while into the future before we see him again since right now he's not in a position to be a major character.
Old 2010-09-20, 14:52   Link #4573
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well only way he's back as a serious threat is if he increases his cult. Right now he's hurt, he has no vehicle.
Doesnt he have the school bus that the main group abandoned when they wanted to leave Shido's converting powers of nonsense?
Old 2010-09-20, 14:56   Link #4574
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Doesnt he have the school bus that the main group abandoned when they wanted to leave Shido's converting powers of nonsense?
You need to see the latest episode if you haven't already ^^
Old 2010-09-20, 15:17   Link #4575
dfens

Their is a 30 minute OVA coming out in late April that is going to be bundled with volume 7 on the manga, it's going to be a Blu-Ray only. So expect someone to rip and sub it. Was going to buy it but I don't have a player yet even though I could understand it raw. I just hope it's not it's all the extra bonus comedy chapters from the manga.

I hope we see Rika rocking her Colt M-4 and Sig 226 and kicking some zombie ass like in the manga, that was the one part I was so pissed that didn't make it in the regular season.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 15:21   Link #4576
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

if only the manga wasn't so slow >_>
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 15:22   Link #4577
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
if only the manga wasn't so slow >_>
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
You need to see the latest episode if you haven't already ^^
Oh wow.. I was still getting the thought he had the bus still when I watched episode 11
Old 2010-09-20, 16:19   Link #4578
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Well in the manga.

Spoiler for manga:
That's true. But then their leadership must have survived, judging by the fact that they were still able to launch nukes (same goes for the US). What I meant by taking advantage of the situation was that since Japan presents the most near and immediate military threat to China both by itself and its association with the US, by crippling its infrastructure and leave the citizens at the mercy of the zombies, China may turn the status quo more in their favour if and when the world recovers.

Of course this is all assuming the detonation and the resulting EMP was intentional, for the lack of a proper explanation this was the most logical one I could think of.

BTW Hirano's "Mama!" cracked me up.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 17:04   Link #4579
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I think it was, they just detinated it at high altitude meaning only the EMP blast generally associated with Nuculear Explosions actually hit anyone on the ground.
Indeed you're right ^^

Anyway i noticed for the last pic that Shizuka-sensei isn't inside .. why .. cuz of her boobs which take all the space ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 20:00   Link #4580
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

no more, can't wait for the next season, looks like i'm going to have to read the manga now
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse