AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-03, 18:22   Link #1
domino
デレデレ

Koisuru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kagayaki no Ashita ~

Making a thread for this anime in the unlikely event that someone will want to discuss it ^^; (since I think I am one of like 5 people who watched the first season of this show...)

Anyway, this series is a direct sequel to Koisuru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kokoro no Mezameru Toki ~. In the first series, Ange became familiar with her surroundings in an effort to revive a queen and her land. Season two looks like it will be about her searching for the new guardians to use their power to save the land completely.

Season one had awkward writing and art, but the company producing it is quite new, so it looks like they're getting better.... even if season 2 has the same problems, I look forward to it because the animation is so good looking >_< (especially for shoujo anime) ... to be expected of the budding animation company behind the Hellsing OVA...

I found a trailer for it here. So pretty~

Seiyuu list and more info here.

Airs JANUARY 5th, 2007.

official site here

Will cross my fingers that other people visiting this forum are interested.... ^^; (someone out there HAS to be, for it to get a season 2 so soon......)

edit: found another trailer (though quality isnt so good.... video cam recording ) for the TV series: over here . The animation is so good I think I drooled on my keyboard a little bit. Only 2 more days...!!

Last edited by domino; 2007-01-03 at 18:54.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 19:34   Link #2
InternHertz
.lone.....

Well I'm interested, I also watched the first season and I'm now eagerly waiting for the second . Too bad no group tried to pick this series

D minus 2 \o/
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:00   Link #3
miaka

I've seen the first season as well as, first episode of second season. I've waited this for a year...

Opening theme is nice and catchy in my opinion. Closing theme has the spoiler for the series becuase you'll know who will be the new guardians.

Ange-chan surely grew up in someway. She no longer run away.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 16:01   Link #4
domino
デレデレ

It's good to see Ange tougher. She was starting to annoy me in season 1. Always running, always crying, giving her heart out to strangers (Arios) and ignoring those that try to show her love (Zephel) ... I hope she improves more.

I wonder what romance will be in this second half? If Zephel will stay as the main love interest, or if Ange will ditch him for a new guardian.... or if Ange will choose no one at all. ~_~
Old 2007-01-23, 16:22   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Based on episode 1, this show, like its predecessor, definitely deserves more attention than it's getting. Sure, it's pure shoujo reverse-harem fantasy adventure (what a mouthful!), but what's wrong with that?

The show has a sparkling, almost classical, atmosphere that you don't get elsewhere. It has a story. The animation is good. The palace backgrounds are wonderful. The story is told in a way that gives it shape and spaciousness. And it has some of the loveliest male voices around, now including Sugita Tomokazu. And I foolishly didn't realize until just now that Ange is played by Honna Youko, who starred as Shizuka in Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart, my favorite full-length animation.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:59   Link #6
domino
デレデレ

Poor Angelique. Its the mother of all modern shoujo, but I guess it's got so much of a "classic" feel that it doesn't get the attention it deserves. I guess people look at it and think, "oh, that looks cliche!", but don't know that it was Angelique that started what is now sometimes considered shoujo cliches (for example, it was Angelique that invented the "reverse-harem" and turned it into video game form for the first time). Where's the love for the classics? ^_^;

Anyway, from what I see, the voice cast is still great, the animation is still great (though I still think the art is odd, because I'm used to the OVAs... the newest OVA is spectacular; I'd try subbing it if I could find some help), the new intro is beautiful.. but I've only seen the first episode because I can't find even raws anywhere. To be an anime so far under the radar that even raws are impossible to get is really depressing...
Old 2007-01-31, 09:23   Link #7
miaka

i can't find the raw either. I only found some chinese sub in rmb format.

i've seen up to episode 4 and its about Francis. Next episode preview seems like Ange-chan is going back to fetch Ernst. Can't wait to see Zephel again.

I still haven't spotted Arios. wonder what episode will he appear again.

Its very classic in a way matching Hikaru Nanase's music which make it fairytale like.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 11:53   Link #8
green_sweetz17

woahh.. i need subs ..

hehe ... seriously.. it looks like a good show..

hope someone will pick it...

i can help with the subbing process ...
green_sweetz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 16:05   Link #9
SafaiaHime

Does anybody know where can I find the second season with english subs? I really can't find it and it just should be somewhere...
If it is not, what can we do to make somebody sub it and put into net?
SafaiaHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 03:28   Link #10
domino
デレデレ

Two episodes have already been subbed by Strawberry Mint Subs, continuing from where the first season left off:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1232.html
Old 2008-06-04, 11:10   Link #11
domino
デレデレ

Yay, third episode sub is out. <3

Pity that so few are watching it (even the thread is just rotting here, not even in the fansubbed anime section, despite that the subs have been out for a long time... *tumbleweed*). I at least think the OP movie/song was the best of its season. Everything GRANRODEO touches is gold.

OP video:

They messed with the audio a bit though... real audio version is here. Youtube has really cracked down on everything and deleted it all...
Old 2008-06-08, 07:33   Link #12
Ash Falls Town

I'm watching it.

Unfortunately I can't really say it's very good. Especially 3 which I just watched, I mean they didn't even save the orphanage place. What I think they should have done is have Ange promise to get Leonard out of town in exchange for letting the orphanage still run.
It doesn't help that Collet's cosmos doesn't make any world building sense and the time flow seems to be horribly inconsistent with itself.

Well it is still Angelique though and I liked the first game so yeah...

Edit: Episode 3. Two months later huh
Gah I'm really finding it hard to enjoy this series.
Francis and Leonard are both pretty obnoxious and I am hating all the depressing planets. The Angelique universe should be more utopian like it was in the OVA's and the original game. It would of been better if they had just used special and maybe special 2 and filled in the gaps with slice of lifeish filler material.
It doesn't help that Limonges was most definitely the best Angelique but she is more boring in these series in spite still being interesting in the Requiem OVA. Collet never really got a chance to be interesting either but I'm sure she'd end up being better than Ange if she got a chance.

Well at least Randy should be in the next episode.

Last edited by Ash Falls Town; 2008-08-09 at 00:52.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 22:58   Link #13
otaku tori

Does anyone know who Ange picks at the end of the ova? I really hope it was Zephel-sama.. is there anyway to find it??
otaku tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 23:01   Link #14
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku tori View Post
Does anyone know who Ange picks at the end of the ova? I really hope it was Zephel-sama.. is there anyway to find it??
This is the thread for the TV series.
But to answer your question none of the Angelique heroines pick any guy at the end of any of the Angelique anime.
(Canonically by the games Limoges and Collet both become queens anyway.)
Old 2009-10-15, 23:26   Link #15
otaku tori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
This is the thread for the TV series.
But to answer your question none of the Angelique heroines pick any guy at the end of any of the Angelique anime.
(Canonically by the games Limoges and Collet both become queens anyway.)
Thanks- sorry about it being in the wrong thread.. I'm new to forums..
otaku tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 01:56   Link #16
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
is this anime any good?????
Old 2011-12-20, 23:12   Link #17
tyciol
*Artist

I'm not sure, I would like to watch it but we're having some tracker problems.
http://animesuki.com/series.php/1232.html lists that Strawberry Mint Subs did all 12 eps and the OVA, but the trackers appear to be down. SMS' listed site here is also down.

I am hoping that someone might rehost them on Nyaa. Some of their other work on Starry Sky was added there by Tyroz.

Searched his uploads and found some at least:
6: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=49264
7: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=62781
8: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=66495

I'm not sure where to search next since this isn't much help without 1-5, and seeing 9-13 would be good too.

On the flip side, we should keep in mind that this is the third 'angelique' series, and there are 2 that come before it that new people should watch anyway, most likely:
*2000 series http://animesuki.com/series.php/516.html (16 OVAs)
*2006 series http://animesuki.com/series.php/1168.html (13 episodes)

These have forums dedicated to them
*2000: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23091
*2006: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32080

It appears the Neo Angelique Abyss sequel OVAs are all licensed so won't link them here. They both came in 2008 after Kagayaki. Very odd how they license the 'neo' but not the first ones.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoujo