AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-09, 13:26   Link #2921
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Man, you guys really know how to make a man nervous.

Firstly, thanks to Dreg00 for doing the previous 24, and inadvertently setting me down this path when I read to the end and raged that nothing else was translated. Props to you bro

And thanks in advance for any comments/corrections to my translation. I've only really been learning Japanese outside of watching anime for about 3 months, so this is my first try (I did Madan from the Chinese version before setsuna took over with his epic Japh4xx, bless his soul). Please forgive me if it's barely any better than the machine translation (which I dare not look at. ) or if I took too many liberties here and there with the prose...

Here goes nothing, don't make me cry now...

Spoiler for Chapter 25 - Classmate Side-story 3:
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 13:29   Link #2922
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Well, it looks as though Yue definitely sees Kaori as a threat.
The desert chapter gave some insight on what Yue thought. She is 100% certain that her place against Hajime would never be taken away from her, and she feels confidence on their bonds...... But it's when there are glimpses of the "Hajime that she doesn't know" and on how Kaori knows everything about him, she can't help but argue and pick a fight

So yeah, right now we more or less can't make a judgement. I guess we'll have to wait how the relationships develop and if Kaori and Yue end up in more unsightly and erotic positions

I would like for Kaori's reaction to Yue drinking blood in front of her. Thinknig about it, I might even would want to see a situation where Yue has to drink off Kaori
Old 2014-05-09, 13:32   Link #2923
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Quote:
. I've only really been learning Japanese outside of watching anime for about 3 months, [/SPOILER]
That's quite impressive. And thank you for extending the time before I have to endure Google Translate!

...My sorry feeling for Kaori make me a bit reluctant to continue reading.
Old 2014-05-09, 13:38   Link #2924
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Keep the faith, brother.

I've been jaded about harem as of late, but I think Yue and Kaori have done enough to have comparable (though not equal, Kaori does indeed have work to do) claims to Hajime, and I don't think either of them is gonna give up on him that easily. This is one ride I won't be cringing through to say the least.
Old 2014-05-09, 13:48   Link #2925
Sylux

Is everrything what is translated thill now on this site?
Spoiler for Link:
Sylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 13:58   Link #2926
Awrya
U mad?

There's Xena's translation of Ch.25 which is not on Dreg00 drive.

Keep fingers crossed for a new release tomorrow.
Old 2014-05-09, 13:59   Link #2927
Sylux

Thanks for the fast answer.
Sylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 14:12   Link #2928
Xacual

I don't think Kaori and Yue are equal in Hajime's eyes though. Everything we've seen has shown that Yue is the undisputed number 1 for Hajime. He appreciates the other girls, like he appreciated Kaori and Shizuku back in Japan but he never had feelings for Kaori or Shizuku. The only reason Yue is bothered by Kaori unlike the others is because of the fact that she knows the Hajime before his transformation, if it wasn't for that Yue wouldn't care.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 14:23   Link #2929
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Solbright View Post
That's quite impressive. And thank you for extending the time before I have to endure Google Translate!

...My sorry feeling for Kaori make me a bit reluctant to continue reading.
Kaori may not be #1, but its not all pitiful for her. She at least manages to get Hajime to accept her into his party(although that's mostly the doing of Yue's rivalry kicking in), and she hasn't given up yet. She is at the very least above the masochist dragon(yes you heard that right) in the harem. Might even be #2, though I think Shia has the edge on her atm. Besides, Yue will grow on you eventually.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 14:48   Link #2930
bakapervert
A pervert

Thanks for the translation Xenahort. Cleared up quite a lot with this translated chapter. I thought before the prince just have a crush with Kaori, but it looks like he almost reach Hiyama's creepiness there. It will be interesting to see his reaction when he hear Kaori goes with the heretic group. And it looks like the princess also more respectable and a good person than I first thought. She is wasted on Kouki.

Btw Xenahort, are you going to translate more chapter or just this one?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 17:35   Link #2931
blankerer

Though I haven't read the edited version since the author changed to 7 dungeons and etc.... but if most of it was unchanged, then I think there is bits and pieces missing.

what machine translator are you using Xenahort
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 22:19   Link #2932
bakapervert
A pervert

Btw, this google doc, is it supposed to be editable by visitor? Or only Xenahort that can change it?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 22:28   Link #2933
blankerer

well it seems to be set to view only unless you have to login to edit otherwise it would just be Xenahort.
Old 2014-05-09, 23:33   Link #2934
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Herp. Long post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Spoiler for Harem Positions:
Hmmm, I'm not even sure this is a harem right now - it's more like OTP + Tag-alongs. Shia has an edge for having had longer direct contact, and thus more attempts. Let's wait and see as to how Kaori stacks up with her attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Spoiler for About the Prince and some Kaori Speculah:
Ugh, yes, that prince. I know he's just supposed to be ten, so he's more bratty than creepy, but his choice of words irks me. I think if one reads closely one can almost see the tongue-in-cheek way in which the author talks about the prince and Kouki.

He drops that tone for the princess so I think it's safe to assume that he is genuine about her good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankerer View Post
Though I haven't read the edited version since the author changed to 7 dungeons and etc.... but if most of it was unchanged, then I think there is bits and pieces missing.

what machine translator are you using Xenahort
Um, if there's any machine involved here it's the...uh, I think it was 3 dictionaries I was consulting whenever the vocabulary had me deadstopped.

I did some experiments, but it seems like the non-formal and colloquial vernaculars are completely lost on the machine translators. The longer the sentence gets, the less accurate it becomes. This made the second last paragraph a complete hell, because it had like 4 commas and was five lines long...yet still a sentence. I guess the author was trying to stretch his knowledge of conjunctions rather than make for enjoyable reading, because I sure as hell didn't enjoy that.

BTW I just had a look at the direct GT of the webnovel.

It made me feel much better about my terrible Japanese. A bad point of reference to be sure, but still XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankerer View Post
well it seems to be set to view only unless you have to login to edit otherwise it would just be Xenahort.
Um, do any of you want to edit parts of it? I can change it to 'can Edit' if you like.

And yes, I am going to be translating at least the next few chapters. This series is actually kind of interesting, and in any case I'm on semester break - no reason to let the Japanese course go to waste
Old 2014-05-09, 23:50   Link #2935
maniac88

Quote:
Herp. Long post.

Um, do any of you want to edit parts of it? I can change it to 'can Edit' if you like.

And yes, I am going to be translating at least the next few chapters. This series is actually kind of interesting, and in any case I'm on semester break - no reason to let the Japanese course go to waste
How about letting the people comment it instead. So that you know which part was modified and probably together make it sound better.

And yes it is interesting especially the latter chapter. I'm not too fond about chapter 27 until around 40 (boring in my opinion).

Btw, have you cought up to the latest chapter?
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 23:52   Link #2936
Kioras

Thanks for the translation and rewording, made it easy and enjoyable to read.

The prince mostly comes across as bratty, with his first crush.

The princess did not know how to handle Kouki's earnestness.

Hope Kouki gets some serious character development in the upcoming arcs, so he can step up to being tolerable and hopefully beyond. I noticed readers are far far more forgiving of a cute girl being genocidal, then a guy other then the primary protagonist being a jerk.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 23:59   Link #2937
blankerer

nah screw Kouki development.... come on Hajime bombarding the church on God's Mountain in response to God intervening on his quest to go home. When it catches up anyway since it was 3 weeks later after he left.

4h remaining until we know if it's today or tomorrow
Old 2014-05-10, 00:32   Link #2938
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Quote:
Keep the faith, brother.

I've been jaded about harem as of late, but I think Yue and Kaori have done enough to have comparable (though not equal, Kaori does indeed have work to do) claims to Hajime, and I don't think either of them is gonna give up on him that easily. This is one ride I won't be cringing through to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Kaori may not be #1, but its not all pitiful for her. She at least manages to get Hajime to accept her into his party(although that's mostly the doing of Yue's rivalry kicking in), and she hasn't given up yet. She is at the very least above the masochist dragon(yes you heard that right) in the harem. Might even be #2, though I think Shia has the edge on her atm. Besides, Yue will grow on you eventually.
I'm sure I would like Yue but it would not stop me feeling sorry for Kaori. Probably would just make it even more painful >< because I don't want either to suffer. Well, I'll strengthen my heart and keep reading, though.

What's the thing about masochist dragon BTW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
I noticed readers are far far more forgiving of a cute girl being genocidal, then a guy other then the primary protagonist being a jerk.
Auctally I think are more forgiving of genocidal people than jerks in general, regardless of gender. At least I do.
Old 2014-05-10, 01:25   Link #2939
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
How about letting the people comment it instead. So that you know which part was modified and probably together make it sound better.
Alright, it's been changed to 'can comment' now. Looking forward to y'allz feedback.

Quote:
And yes it is interesting especially the latter chapter. I'm not too fond about chapter 27 until around 40 (boring in my opinion).

Btw, have you cought up to the latest chapter?
Did you read it in full? If so, I guess I'll just have to try my best.

If not...well, I'll still do my best.

And no, I have not caught up to the full chapters. My modus operandi is to translate-as-I-read, because I neither read nor translate very quickly, and it's a pain to have to read through the thing again a lot of times, warts and everything.

One run to fix them all.

I have, however, seen some of the early spoilers on this thread - I think for the most part the middling chapters were skipped over though, so I hope to bring them to you in full as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Solbright View Post
Auctally I think are more forgiving of genocidal people than jerks in general, regardless of gender. At least I do.
More like people are more forgiving of cute girls in general. J/k, but you have to admit that being attractive is always a plus
Old 2014-05-10, 03:05   Link #2940
maniac88

Quote:

Did you read it in full? If so, I guess I'll just have to try my best.

If not...well, I'll still do my best.

And no, I have not caught up to the full chapters. My modus operandi is to translate-as-I-read, because I neither read nor translate very quickly, and it's a pain to have to read through the thing again a lot of times, warts and everything.
If you consider reading through GT as 'full' then yes i am..
I may not able to get all the details but at least i know 'what happened' in general.
Amazing what a human can do if he is in a desperate situation, huh...

Quote:
I have, however, seen some of the early spoilers on this thread - I think for the most part the middling chapters were skipped over though, so I hope to bring them to you in full as much as I can.
Well, yeah as i said most of the spoiler was from the latter chapter(when hajime met his teacher onwards around chapter 70) which i consider interesting. Heck since chapter 70 onwards there should be a summary for each chapter in this thread.

Quote:
More like people are more forgiving of cute girls in general. J/k, but you have to admit that being attractive is always a plus
It's not a joke. It's a fact. I for one prefer if a cute girls ask for forgivenes rather than anybody else. It's gave the feeling of ..... satisfaction i guess even though you lost something in the process.
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel