AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 01:44   Link #961
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think Clare has the potential to defeat Priscilla if she uses her awakened form. The problem is getting there. Last time Jean died as a result and that was just her limbs. What is she willing to risk for her revenge? If she started losing control, who could take her out at that point? If she can complete a soul link then some very interesting things could happen, but once again, very risky. Remember Luciella? Most of the strain would be on the person she was linking with anyway. So far Yagi has not given Clare a power-up without consequences.

But I do think we will see her awakened form. We have to now that we have been teased by seeing a little bit of it.
Old 2008-03-10, 01:52   Link #962
Simley

yeah, I agree she must have the potential to at the very least rival Priscilla in her awakened form...I don't know about if she can single handedly defeat her. Priscilla can instantly regen most damage and yoki flow seems limitless.

Rigald even commented how despite Isley's huge AB form, he was faster than him...so I wonder if Clare can match Isley's speed or not. But since Clare is more offensive type, would her offensive arsenal outpower Priscilla's defensive power? I don't see it happening unless they can somehow stop Priscilla from instantly regenerating everything
Old 2008-03-10, 02:00   Link #963
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Clare's awakened form seems to have enough blades to turn any human sized Awakened Being into confetti. Or at least lion steaks. I really want to know what her awakened form is. Priscilla also is vicious for attack though, with those freaky centaur ripping tendrils. But I think it will be years before Clare gets to face off against Priscilla. And I do not think Clare has mentioned Priscilla to the ghosts because Miria's question was if Clare was really going to get Raki. When she said not really Miria did not follow up with, "Oh, so you are finally going to battle against Priscilla that impossible monster who took your mother figure?"

It does not seem that any of the ghosts know Clare's past. Irene, on the other hand, figured out that Clare had Teresa within her in about half a second. Irene would be the only person Clare could talk to about the good old days. Also since it seemed Miria had not told the ghosts what she speculated about Alicia and Beth I really wonder how deep their relationships all are. Seems like a need to know basis. They were probably too busy playing water volleyball at a hot spring in the north to be burdened with sad or tactical talk anyway.
Old 2008-03-10, 02:08   Link #964
azurie

i would almost bet that during the past 7 years they shared a lot between them and i would love to see some of that "come out" now since it's time IMHO. Time for them to let it be known what is ready for things to be known. If you all get the meaning of that questions answered here and there and more left in the wings and yet even more questions formed from the answers ;P

Cryptic ain't i ;P lol
Old 2008-03-10, 08:43   Link #965
Cyclone
Transient Guest

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that Raki has finished his training with Isley and left (with or without Pricila in tow - probably without somehow).

Right now, the 7 needs to go take on the organization, not Pricilla - I think she's the final boss if you will as she is currently just too strong. (Or do you guys think that the Organization would make a better final boss?)

So, if Raki has finished his training with Isley, he probably set off to Rabona to see if Clare was there. He met Cid/Galk and found out that she hadn't been there (possibly finding out about the Battle of Pieta). It's then likely that Raki would set off East to the Organization Headquarters in search of some news of Clare (in real life, he'd prbably never leave the south, forget about Clare and settle down with Pricilla... but... genre and all... I'm willing to suspend disbelief).

Even if Raki knows about Pieta, I think it's unlikely he go back there searching for 7 year old bodies when the much more direct route of simply asking the organization would probably be much easier. Besides, he knows what has become of Pieta first hand so it's not like he'll think there were survivors who stayed.

This way, when Cid/Galk tell Clare they have seen Raki and where he went, Clare's goals and the rest of the G7 will continue to be aligned east and they can head to Staff without splintering. I fear that if Clare finds out about Raki still being in the south (in danger!) she'll run off to face Pricilla while the rest of the group is not really motivated to do so.

As a side note: for those of you who want to see Raki become a Claymore, this would probably be his best chance. He goes to Staff, finds out Clare is one of those who died in Pieta by a group of Awakened Beings and he pleads to make him into a Claymore so he can hunt down the awakened beings that did it (and in typically Raki-esque fashion not realize those awakened beings were Pricila and Isley). The organization might not even oppose - it'll just be a short experiment for them since they figure Raki's life expectancy is about equal to the travel time needed from HQ to the south (not enough to awaken in another words). Really, it's too early to make these kinds of guesses so far out, but I suppose it could happen.
Old 2008-03-10, 09:38   Link #966
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
I think the 7 ghosts will take on the organization first before going after Priscilla, Easly, or Riful and Dauf. That way if they beat the organization they can take any of the claymore's that were there and use them too help take down the awakened beings. As for Raki becoming a claymore, I doupht that will happen, but would be a good story though.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:00   Link #967
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I think the 7 ghosts will take on the organization first before going after Priscilla, Easly, or Riful and Dauf. That way if they beat the organization they can take any of the claymore's that were there and use them too help take down the awakened beings. As for Raki becoming a claymore, I doupht that will happen, but would be a good story though.
No. They wouldn't want that. The 7 would have goals that are more in common with the org than with any AO group. Let's first see whether Riful or Isley launch an enterprise where for money, not human cattle, they'd go from town to town soliciting their yoma extermination services.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:06   Link #968
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
No. They wouldn't want that. The 7 would have goals that are more in common with the org than with any AO group. Let's first see whether Riful or Isley launch an enterprise where for money, not human cattle, they'd go from town to town soliciting their yoma extermination services.
That sounds more like something Isley or Riful would do for free. I don't know if Isley is the type to go town to town, he probably has so many awakened beings that they can do it for him. But I could see Riful doing it though. I don't think she has much of an army to do it for her.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:12   Link #969
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Maybe, if they're thinking that by getting rid of yoma they can hog human cattle for themselves. Otherwise, there's no incentive for any AB to be doing this. Another thing is that we've not met an AB yet who has shown any concern for the well-being of humans save for Priscilla towards a single specimen out of the entire kind. The org at least publically vows not to bring harm upon any human, even those to whom harm is well-deserving. In terms of values, the 7 are an off-shoot of the org. While you can't call them friends, they're not exactly enemies. Well, the org sent the 7 to their deaths, but the 7 hasn't yet declared war upon the Org.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:49   Link #970
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Actually the 7 have decalred war on the Org, their collective object of vengeance is the Organization, whether they are the final boss or not awaits to be seen.

Priscilla has also spared several humans, apparently every little girl in whatever town she happened to feed on, no clue why though.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:10   Link #971
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I feel another drawn out debate coming up. Miria and the others have expressed they want revenge. They've not been specific about to whom they will exact vengeance. The likely object of vengeance seems to me is upon those, or he, who went to the south and was the direct cause of the fall of their comrades for whom they are seeking revenge. That would be Isley. The org sent them on a mission where their survival was not likely, but that's nowhere near the same thing in the scale of values as Isley perpetrating the crisis for which they were sent in resposne. If the 7 are at war with the org, they seem to have a funny way of waging that war by sparing if not saving their soldiers every chance they get.

I forgot about the little girls being spared, but that doesn't appear to be a conscious act that Priscilla makes. So as far as we CAN tell, Priscilla only "allows" Raki to live, whether because he entertains her as a pet or she has petting sessions with him I don't really know.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:15   Link #972
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Miria herself has expressed desire for vengeance against the Organization, so they are an obvious target, and I don't think they have so much as mentioned Isley when talking about vengeance.

Miria also wanted information about the Organization, which is why they scanned the area for warriors before encountering Riful.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:35   Link #973
hell88
Banned

Miria seems to want revenge for a few reasons, the first being what happened to her friend Hilda, the second being how they were sent to the north to basically die, and to get back at Easley for sending all those powerful awakened beings and Rigaldo to kill all of them.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:37   Link #974
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Miria herself has expressed desire for vengeance against the Organization, so they are an obvious target, and I don't think they have so much as mentioned Isley when talking about vengeance.

Miria also wanted information about the Organization, which is why they scanned the area for warriors before encountering Riful.
She has begrudged the org for Hilda and for being sent on that AB hunt since the Slashers arc. But she's made no declaration of war to the org, instead having kept a low profile. You can't have a declaration of war without a declaration. I'm sure she's keen on doing something about it in the future and has started campaigning a private war long before, but the 7 as a group has not expressed acknowledgement of participation in that war in any clear and unequivocal sense. Some have sworn allegiance to Miria, but I'm not sure that's the same thing as them saying, "Hey Rumito. We're at war with you! Watch out!"

Another thing is that Miria has decided to follow Clare, and Clare is going south to look for Raki in addition to "other reasons" that she won't name. Raki and the Org has no known connection. Although there is no known connection between Raki and Isley, they are both presumed to be in the "south".

Also, the immediate context as the reason for which the group wants revenge had been for the 17 comrades they have lost during that war. The direct causal agent of their loss is not the Org, but Isley, who perpetrated the crisis and is "in the south" as a more definite location and where Raki whom Clare is looking for is believed to be than the org who is "in the south" from their relative position. It sounds like Miria has taken up Clare's cause and is prioritizing that over her personal revenge against the org because Clare's cause is tangential to the vengeance that the rest of the 7 share in common.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2008-03-10 at 13:26.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:43   Link #975
Simley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
As a side note: for those of you who want to see Raki become a Claymore, this would probably be his best chance. He goes to Staff, finds out Clare is one of those who died in Pieta by a group of Awakened Beings and he pleads to make him into a Claymore so he can hunt down the awakened beings that did it (and in typically Raki-esque fashion not realize those awakened beings were Pricila and Isley). The organization might not even oppose - it'll just be a short experiment for them since they figure Raki's life expectancy is about equal to the travel time needed from HQ to the south (not enough to awaken in another words). Really, it's too early to make these kinds of guesses so far out, but I suppose it could happen.
Male creations failed, why would they make another male creation who is likely to fail? As far as we know, since the first generation, they haven't made any male claymores
Old 2008-03-10, 12:53   Link #976
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simley View Post
Male creations failed, why would they make another male creation who is likely to fail? As far as we know, since the first generation, they haven't made any male claymores
They really haven't said if they've created mail warriors in just the first generation. If I remember correctly all I have heard before is Miria say that they used to create them in the old times way back in the slashers arc, and Emerta said that to Galatea as well. So who knows male warriors could have been created for far longer than just the first generation. The oranization could have spent years experimenting on how to keep them from awakening but eventually probably gave up on it, and stuck with female warriors because there more reliable.
Old 2008-03-10, 13:11   Link #977
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Not to mention the more male awakened we see in the series, the more likly that becomes. Anyone been keeping count, cause I figure we've seen over 30 male awakeneds in the series.
Old 2008-03-10, 13:15   Link #978
hell88
Banned

I'm going to say somewhere in between 30-40 male awakened beings. Its hard to count with all the ones that were in the north, and probably still are.
Old 2008-03-10, 14:28   Link #979
Simley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
They really haven't said if they've created mail warriors in just the first generation. If I remember correctly all I have heard before is Miria say that they used to create them in the old times way back in the slashers arc, and Emerta said that to Galatea as well. So who knows male warriors could have been created for far longer than just the first generation. The oranization could have spent years experimenting on how to keep them from awakening but eventually probably gave up on it, and stuck with female warriors because there more reliable.
yeah, that's probably true too the MiB probably experimented on all age groups as well...young boys, young girls, middle aged, and maybe even old. Though with old people, maybe their bodies would not withstand the pain of hybridization. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a middle aged claymore. So far we have only seen young pretty claymores what about a motherly type claymore....milf type? or even some old geezer who is insanely powerful. He would have to be, considering old people might not usually survive the process.
Old 2008-03-10, 14:42   Link #980
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The first generation of male Claymores isn't necessarily limited to 47 like later generations where.

Isley's generation could well have had over 100 warriors.