2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-02, 17:55   Link #61
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, the speech was mostly Raynessia going "I'm on your side, but I really, really need your help right now." Being dressed as an adventurer helps reinforce the "I'm on your side" image.
Old 2014-02-02, 18:33   Link #62
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
1- I though even Royal Guard can't keep up with them
(level 20 to 38)
No the knights the nobles employee can't keep up with players in the level 20 to 38 range the term "Royal Guard" is used to refer to the guard NPC that show if you attack someone in town. It was episode stated in episode 2.

Quote:
2- valkyrie =
if you fight and saw one in middle if battle = you win
not someone who lead the battle and fight with you
so the armor fit her rule perfectly
If she'd done the speech well I'd agree with you rather she seemed to be bumbling through a good chunk of it.
The funny part too is and I went and looked up the speech in the LN and it came across good it's just to bad the writers had to mess with it in anime probably trying length it so it took up enough time.
Old 2014-02-02, 19:02   Link #63
Tenzen12

Quote:
people of land can't have high level -> shiro ask for level 4- armor because if my memory is right her level was 3
=
there is no way for normal NPC to lead players in battle let alone joined them in front line
(unless they are ancient NPC)
That's not exactly true, they can reach high level, but unlike adventurers they have only one life so they can't afford risk it as much. Not mentioned they have family and other duties to take care about.

Remember training camp, Rudy can keep leveling with other members of party just fine.
Old 2014-02-02, 19:22   Link #64
Ickarium

This is touched on in the LN. There's a few caveats I can't get into as I'm not sure if they count as spoilers (if not mentioned in two or three episodes, I /think/ I can talk about them as it's bg information at that point), but yeah, they can level. It's a little more complicated than 'one life' though.
Old 2014-02-02, 19:25   Link #65
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's not exactly true, they can reach high level, but unlike adventurers they have only one life so they can't afford risk it as much. Not mentioned they have family and other duties to take care about.

Remember training camp, Rudy can keep leveling with other members of party just fine.
Except I'm not sure if the Royal Guard can or not the characters that have been referred to as such in the anime are not normal NPC. These guys when this was game were designed to be able to stop any player fighting in town regardless of level or gear.

Here is a picture of one of the guys that was referred to as a Royal Guard in the anime that might make it clearer.

Old 2014-02-02, 19:51   Link #66
Tenzen12

That's not exclusive. Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-03 at 13:40. Reason: No hints, please.
Old 2014-02-02, 20:09   Link #67
dredmorte

Can someone explain to me why the animators made the Ocypete the size of a friggin battleship?

I'm pretty sure the ship was suposed to be little more than a freigher with steam paddle engines, which would be easier to make than the screw version.

Of all the liberties the anime has taken, this one is the worst so far.

The last seagoing passenger carrying paddle steamer in the world

Adventurers first paddle steamer, easy!

Last edited by dredmorte; 2014-02-03 at 04:04.
Old 2014-02-02, 20:35   Link #68
Ayulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
Can someone explain to me why the animators made the Ocypete the size of a friggin battleship?

I'm pretty sure the ship was suposed to be little more than a freigher with steam paddle engines, which would be easier to make than the screw version.

Of all the liberties the anime has taken, this one is the worst so far.

what a paddle steamer looks like
Screws and metal would be easier since they can craft pre-existing items and take it apart for parts to use. Though you should ask in the novel thread since there's a reason why it's like that.

Last edited by Ayulsa; 2014-02-02 at 20:46.
Old 2014-02-02, 20:51   Link #69
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I have to say, I'm impressed by the Ocypete. You wouldn't expect MMO players to be able to build something like that. Then again, they come from all walks of life...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Besides firearms are so 'uncivilized'
"God made man, but Samuel Colt mad them equal."

Even bolt-action rifles would be a tremendous firepower advantage for Landers. Hell, even revolvers. Though there's something classic and appealing about a bolt-action rifle, particularly if it's a Mauser, a Springfield, or a Lee-Enfield...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-02, 20:57   Link #70
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
people of land can't have high level -> shiro ask for level 4- armor because if my memory is right her level was 3
=
there is no way for normal NPC to lead players in battle let alone joined them in front line
(unless they are ancient NPC)

You forget that there are, aside from the Knights of Izumo(Who were stated to be OP btw), also special hero characters which were mentioned only once in a very short scene.

Giving that Rundel is most likely a NPC its very likely that he is one of the hero characters.
Also given the usual way MMO's work faction leaders are more powerful then players too, so I guess the Archduke would be close to the Knights of Izumo too.

So yeah its not entirely impossible for Lenessia to fight, as long as we don't know whether she is a hero character - Wouldn't be the first time in an MMO where a seemingly normal low leveled NPc returns as a Powerful Hero/Villian.
Or to name the opposite example a very strong character being replaced by a weaker one.
(Best example I can remember is Bolver Fordragon being replaced by the King in WoW - One of the reasons I stopped playing lol)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-02-02, 20:59   Link #71
Tenzen12

Firearms are weapons, which might as well means that depending on level and class not everyone would be able use them anyway.
Old 2014-02-02, 23:27   Link #72
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Careful of spoilers, everyone. Thanks.
Old 2014-02-02, 23:28   Link #73
Ickarium

You can see Rundelhaus' level. He is not a hero character, he is exactly the level he said he is. The Knights of Izumo /are/ the lander heroes. That's made perfectly clear.

Unless you think Rundelhaus has a way to hide his 'real' level anyway.
Old 2014-02-03, 00:26   Link #74
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
You can see Rundelhaus' level. He is not a hero character, he is exactly the level he said he is. The Knights of Izumo /are/ the lander heroes. That's made perfectly clear.

Unless you think Rundelhaus has a way to hide his 'real' level anyway.
That he is level 23ish atm doesn't contradict the possibility of him being a hero npc. As said there are several instances in Mmo s where weak chars returned at a higher level in an expansion pack.
Take the time the expansions bridges as the time they need to get that level.

Another thing that was mentioned in past episodes is that adventurers have better stats by default. Yet Rundel can steal aggro from a tank char.

And yes the Knights are the Hero chars, we have already seen/heard of other hero chars though, like the Mage of Miral Lake.

I also want to point to faction leaders like the archduke again - They apparently don't respawn either so there needs to be some mechanism ( usually their classifications as boss mobs) to keep them safe. So I assume the Archduke and City holders are more capable than they appear atm.
If they truly are hero chars it doesn't mean they can kill an army by themselves though, ans neither can a single knight, otherwise you wouldn't need to make them an 'OP NPC army', as Krusty called them.

So yeah I think Rundel might be one of those weaker Quest NPCs who are more powerful every time you meet them Hero char in the making through quests so to say. See it as char progression through quests if you want to.

As for Lenessia - the possibility is there that this war is an event starting her progression. Tbh I wouldn't be half as surprised about it as I was when hearing that she was level 3 already.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2014-02-03 at 00:43.
Old 2014-02-03, 01:14   Link #75
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Sorry if my post was too spoilerish. Anyway as Ickarium said Rudie isn't a hero character. You'll have to take into account the class differences and abilities and the fact that Toya and him were basically the same level. Even if we assume an adventurer has better base stats it isn't that far fetched that a pure damage dealer can still steal aggro from a defensive tank regardless of him/her being an Adventurer or PotL.

Although your theory does sound plausible.

I do, however, disagree w/ the current goblin/sahuagin attack being an event for starting the princess's progression. Shiroe already said that the current situation was because they neglected the "Return of the Goblin King" event because they were preoccupied. Unless neglecting said event was actually the trigger for theorized Lenessia event to take place. W/c, I think, is at odds w/ the whole "PotL are also people like us" theme they've got going on since it kinda implies that the princess's actions were predetermined by the system. Remember that after the apocalypse we really can't simply look at ET as a normal MMORPG anymore. It's a lot more complicated than that.

Last edited by Swordstriker21; 2014-02-03 at 01:33.
Old 2014-02-03, 04:34   Link #76
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

A well made episode for me, the speech scene got the right emotional impact, i wish they had showed the panic that Ocyped caused to the Landers population.

Speaking of Ocyped i didnt think it would have been an ironclad, in my mind it was a wood steam wheeler ship.

I really liked the last scene that showed us Krusty berzerker side.
Old 2014-02-03, 08:02   Link #77
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You forget that there are, aside from the Knights of Izumo(Who were stated to be OP btw), also special hero characters which were mentioned only once in a very short scene.

Giving that Rundel is most likely a NPC its very likely that he is one of the hero characters.
Also given the usual way MMO's work faction leaders are more powerful then players too, so I guess the Archduke would be close to the Knights of Izumo too.

So yeah its not entirely impossible for Lenessia to fight, as long as we don't know whether she is a hero character - Wouldn't be the first time in an MMO where a seemingly normal low leveled NPc returns as a Powerful Hero/Villian.
Or to name the opposite example a very strong character being replaced by a weaker one.
(Best example I can remember is Bolver Fordragon being replaced by the King in WoW - One of the reasons I stopped playing lol)
Rundelhaus= I can't answer since I don't know if it's spoiler or not yet
though true to be told we already have enough info from anime.
I guess my answer will be spoiler like that npc screen vs player screen
(where people start spoiling other that Rundelhaus is NPC )

about Varian than he is stronger than Bolver
The only problem was his character development
than again unlike most peaceful alliance leaders he was different(war type leader)
though he did mange to control his rage in cata and defeat the Horde in mop but didn't slaughters them)
Old 2014-02-03, 10:59   Link #78
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

There is no realy point to have low level "hero NPC". Naratively it wouldn't make any sense. One can become hero by either being powerfull or by accomplishing great deeds. Rudy is neither.

Hero class noob is oximoron.
Old 2014-02-03, 15:45   Link #79
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So Reiji lost to the Renato brothers in a "Race", so they don't have to face them anymore?

I expected the CEO would interfere again, but not the case.
Old 2014-02-03, 16:57   Link #80
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So Reiji lost to the Renato brothers in a "Race", so they don't have to face them anymore?

I expected the CEO would interfere again, but not the case.
If that's a reference to something, I don't quite get it.