Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-08-10, 14:21   Link #401
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name. All I can remember is that it was a collection of one shots with sci fi themes. One of them was about a robot that waited thousands of years for their owner to come back even up until the suns (and planets) last dying moments and another was about a girl connected to a humanoid alien lightyears away through dreams similar to Your Name, but when the alien finally reaches Earth it's about a million years BC in a prehistoric Earth
i turned to the interwebs and the first one is called Uchuu no Profile. its a good and quick read. not sure about the other one yet.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 14:32   Link #402
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The other is in Uchuu no Profile as well. It's the second chapter which is called Kyoko's Dream.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 17:57   Link #403
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I just found out that starting October 19th there will be screenengs in my country. Better late than never. I already watched the movie but still will go probably.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 18:40   Link #404
Top Sergeant

Looks like the blue ray / dvd will have a release date in the US of November 7th.
Old 2017-09-03, 19:11   Link #405
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yup.

The Funi Collector's Edition box also splits in half!

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 21:25   Link #406
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

https://sotaku.com/japanese-anime-ph...-screenwriter/

so you guys ready for live action?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2017-09-27, 22:13   Link #407
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hollywood, J.J. Abrams (20.8k tweets) and Your Name (87.6k tweets; the English title itself) are trending right now in Japan.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 22:16   Link #408
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I've made a thread to discuss the live-action movie more freely in the more appropriate place. Don't want the mods to flag us for being off topic .
Old 2017-09-27, 23:11   Link #409
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Quote:
“Various changes may occur to the people who cross this bridge … Only the appearance of this bridge will always be the same”
Excerpt from a passage as quoted from "Kimi no nawa" in "Bodies of Memory: Narratives of War in Postwar Japanese Culture, 1945-1970", by Yoshikuni Igarashi, Princeton University Press (2012), page 106.

Radio into Live action then the time gap bridging animation of this thread, now back into live action. Retelling a story of missed opportunities in almost chance encounters. Because of this announcement I was just reminded of Machiko-maki and the cultural impact of the earlier "Kimi no nawa" which led me to that book. Curious to see what one more reinterpretation adds too.

Vox Populi: Title of old radio drama is reborn in new anime ‘Your Name.’ Asahi Shimbun, October 6, 2016.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-09-28 at 00:19.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 08:58   Link #410
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've made a thread to discuss the live-action movie more freely in the more appropriate place. Don't want the mods to flag us for being off topic .
ah. missed that one.

Old 2017-10-15, 12:25   Link #411
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Here's something cool: exploring the location of Taki's apartment in Google Maps.
Old 2017-10-15, 15:15   Link #412
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
son...you've done it now.
Old 2017-10-15, 17:09   Link #413
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm afraid I don't follow
Old 2017-10-15, 17:36   Link #414
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
I'm afraid I don't follow
aka "wow, did you do this yourself? holy shit, that's pretty cool stuff. l love the internet"
Old 2017-10-15, 18:54   Link #415
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
aka "wow, did you do this yourself? holy shit, that's pretty cool stuff. l love the internet"
Understood, thanks It was surprisingly fun to try and figure things out, but I'd figure I'd also share the methods I used. With the location found, I hope everyone can now take a look for themselves!
Old 2017-10-15, 19:39   Link #416
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm gonna book a flight and check it out, thanks!
Old 2017-10-15, 23:08   Link #417
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm gonna book a flight and check it out, thanks!
On that note ... This may not be available everywhere, Crunchyroll: "Join "Your Name." Official Tour Supported by Japanese Government's Cool Japan Initiative".
Old 2017-10-16, 00:18   Link #418
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I hate to burst your bubble, mate, but that information is outdated. Moreover, applications for the tour have long closed. Fortunately, the locations are no longer tricky to find, making it possible to do a self-guided tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
If that info is outdated what does that make yours, one may well wonder? They never were, in other words.
Cool it with your pointed questions, you're not fooling anyone. You're just talking someone else's content in a vain attempt to elevate yourself. You tend to do that a lot, taking a variety of links and thinking that it's our responsibility to figure things out when in fact, you've not even done the research to make sure what you're linking to is relevant and current. By comparison, my information is something I took the effort of compiling and making sure that it would be useful. Your links are hardly useful, so stop posting them and thinking that between that and your purple prose, we'll be impressed enough to accept your opinions.

One would hope that no one took any of your bollocks seriously about visiting the locations, or your claims about irrelevant, obscure, misleading and untrue mythology and symbols: watching the movie you're asking us to is to degrade the experience and quite frankly, disingenuous to Makoto Shinkai.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2018-06-01 at 10:01.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 00:45   Link #419
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble, mate, but that information is outdated. Moreover, applications for the tour have long closed. Fortunately, the locations are no longer tricky to find, making it possible to do a self-guided tour
If that info is outdated what does that make yours, one may well wonder? They never were, in other words.

... but, http://animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com, I supposse ...

... and I do hope Blakstealth saw your reply to me before boarding their flight to Tokyo...

Quote:
“Various changes may occur to the people who cross this [Sukiya] bridge … Only the appearance of this bridge will always be the same” - Kazuo Kikuta
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Image from: Tokyo Now and Then

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-10-17 at 03:50.
Old 2017-10-20, 00:29   Link #420
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Wowow via Eiga.com

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-01-01 at 04:09.