Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-17, 20:40   Link #441
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I m kind of seeing stars after seeing the first episode. Seemed to much rushed to me with too many things being shown parallely. Plus, although I love seeing Lolis Kicking ass (points to Sky girls :P) But somehow..this just seemed a bit wrong.

Anyway..I really dont know what to say about this. Not that I will drop it..will see how it fares out
Old 2007-10-18, 01:12   Link #442
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Just saw the first ep of this, and I think I hurt my brain trying to figure out wtf was going on. I'm assuming this is the type of anime you need to play a game in order to follow and understand? If so, anybody want to enlighten me and tell me what's going on? lol
Old 2007-10-18, 01:38   Link #443
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Just saw the first ep of this, and I think I hurt my brain trying to figure out wtf was going on. I'm assuming this is the type of anime you need to play a game in order to follow and understand? If so, anybody want to enlighten me and tell me what's going on? lol

As was said

This first episode skips into the later part of the story The in between flashbacks are about Priecia's (The female lead) parents.

The second episode starts the story from the beginning, when Hyawehfirst got to the Knight's school.

And no, you don't need to play the game cause the Anime doesn't seem to follow it.
Old 2007-10-18, 01:40   Link #444
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

is there an english patch or chinese patch for the game yet?
Old 2007-10-18, 06:37   Link #445
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

it about the boy. the boy from the past has blue hair and has yellow in the present. are they ssame person?
Old 2007-10-18, 08:08   Link #446
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
is there an english patch or chinese patch for the game yet?
Wrong thread to ask(this is the anime thread) but the answer is no as far as I know...Just use atlas+AGTH if you don't understand moonspeak
Old 2007-10-18, 08:31   Link #447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
it about the boy. the boy from the past has blue hair and has yellow in the present. are they ssame person?
Different.

The one with the blue hair is Priecia's father... The girl he was with has a different eye colour, that is Priecia's mother.
Old 2007-10-18, 08:52   Link #448
mdauben

I just watched the first ep last night, and looks like my reaction was not unique. Very confusing! Hard to keep track of who was who and what the relations were. Not a terribly impressive first episode, but hopefully thing will become clearer soon or I may not keep up with this one...
Old 2007-10-18, 14:57   Link #449
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Just remembered this...

In episode 1, Hyaweh adresses himself as "Boku"...why complain about it in episode 2?
Or does Hyaweh change from "Ore" to "Boku" near the end of the game?

Spoiler for Ore and Boku:

These are just some examples, can't think of many right now

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-10-18 at 15:09.
Old 2007-10-18, 16:55   Link #450
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well seen as ep 1 is set in the future if he used boku then (though being oblivious me i didnt notice him using ore in the second ep) it means his attitude must have taken some bashing. he did look a bit smug in ep 2 where he was effortlessly dodging priecia attacks...heres hoping she would kick some sense into him

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-18, 17:23   Link #451
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well seen as ep 1 is set in the future if he used boku then (though being oblivious me i didnt notice him using ore in the second ep) it means his attitude must have taken some bashing. he did look a bit smug in ep 2 where he was effortlessly dodging priecia attacks...heres hoping she would kick some sense into him
He goes with "Boku" in episode 2 as well, but in that episode Hyaweh is like...energetic

Well, the beginning isn't like the game, but it's okay I guess, with all these new characters and stuff
Old 2007-10-18, 20:34   Link #452
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Actually, he usually uses "ore" in Ep01. He only used "boku" like once during his heart-to-heart with Priecia (iirc, in the game he only ore though), kinda like how Priecia uses watashi in the game when alone with Hyaweh.

Part of my beef with boku is that it makes him sound much much younger, which is part of the whole loli-fying/shota-fying problem in the cast. Not to mention the problem where most everyone acts like idiots in Ep02 .

Anyway...
Spoiler for Game Ch7 Priecia route translations. Comedy / almost dere-dere. No real spoilers:

LMAO, you really need to have the voices and expressions to fully appreciate it though.
Old 2007-10-18, 21:09   Link #453
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Pimping ?
Old 2007-10-18, 21:41   Link #454
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Actually, he usually uses "ore" in Ep01. He only used "boku" like once during his heart-to-heart with Priecia (iirc, in the game he only ore though), kinda like how Priecia uses watashi in the game when alone with Hyaweh.

Part of my beef with boku is that it makes him sound much much younger, which is part of the whole loli-fying/shota-fying problem in the cast. Not to mention the problem where most everyone acts like idiots in Ep02 .

Anyway...
Spoiler for Game Ch7 Priecia route translations. Comedy / almost dere-dere. No real spoilers:

LMAO, you really need to have the voices and expressions to fully appreciate it though.
You rang?

Old 2007-10-18, 22:43   Link #455
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Hahaha! ...Though, I must say, the sound director was having way too much fun switching music tracks in that scene.
Old 2007-10-18, 23:00   Link #456
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
You rang?

... Pimping ?
Old 2007-10-18, 23:20   Link #457
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Hahaha! ...Though, I must say, the sound director was having way too much fun switching music tracks in that scene.
Someone should seriously put up videos of any of the scenes where either Fel's or Fillia's BGM gets the...... treatment, I'm sure you guys know what I'm saying.
Old 2007-10-18, 23:23   Link #458
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well got through the first episode...Hope I wasn't the only one slightly confused for a while. Honestly thought Priecia was the same person through the present and flashback. Maybe helped that Priecia and Prinsea at a glance are a bit too similar. Do think jumping around a bit in terms of timeline had me a bit lost. But at least now I've managed to get my head around it all.

Was interesting getting the background of Maistel and Prinsea. Feel for Hans who just couldn't survive long enough to meet up again.

At least was an interesting start. Though would guess the first episode was one of those show us what's going on around the mid or later stages to give introductions to characters then toss us back. So will see how episode 2 goes.

And certainly my curiosity about Chaos's sig as been satisfied .
Old 2007-10-18, 23:39   Link #459
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Someone should seriously put up videos of any of the scenes where either Fel's or Fillia's BGM gets the...... treatment, I'm sure you guys know what I'm saying.
Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't. I propogated my save files when I reinstalled it with saves all throughout Priecia's path in expectation. At least I'm getting to use them for -something.- *sigh*
Old 2007-10-18, 23:58   Link #460
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

I'm guessing the drunk parts?

I'm probably gonna do the "confession" scene next (ch7). Or maybe Priecia route ch10, but that was kinda long and potentially spoilery . It was the second best ch10 in my opinion though (at least so far, still two routes to go).

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen