AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 01:24   Link #2281
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Nanoha is out of the picture, having been wounded in the ambush that was sprung on her as she tried to save Vivio. She was also sent a message by the kidnappers not to intervene, and was given a present from Vivio and the kidnappers.

A small, bloody cross.

Made from fusing two of Vivio's fingers together.
Ye gods Goose, I feel physically ill just from reading the premise.

This'll probably be my last post for the weekend unless I can get to an internet cafe up north. Look forward to my first ever backlog breaker on Monday if I can't get online this weekend.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 02:02   Link #2282
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Alright gang, my muse went and hit me over the head with something akin to a lead pipe of an idea, and I’d like some opinions on it before I give it serious consideration. I’ve been kicking this idea around in my head for a few hours and I think it has the potential to be viable if used properly.

Spoiler for Possible plans:
Yup, I'm reading Negiha here. Not that I mind; I do have a Chao Lingshen in my cast, and I've long toyed with the idea that the Infinite Library could be linked to the Library Island via a channel undiscovered by both the TSAB and the Library Exploration Club. I was wondering whether dkellis would give me the liberty to have Rancer-tachi make first contact. :3
Old 2008-07-04, 02:45   Link #2283
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 (Demetori arrange)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Naaah Marisa's been doing the beamspam seven years before Nanoha even picked up the habit. If anything, Nanoha learned from Marisa.

Besides, it's not that hard.

Spoiler for Marisa's Lesson:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
So does this mean Nanoha is a Touhou player?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It would explain her unnaturally good adaptation to magic, flight, and dodging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Spoiler for Exempt from episode 18:

Gah! Crack! Go away! I don't even know a thing about Touhou, why is this crack assaulting me!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Join us in Touhou madness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
the Power Of Touhou Compels You
The Power Of Touhou Compels You
Oh-hooo...........

Looks like everybody's expecting a Nanoha/Touhou crossover? I like where this thread is going

and while we're at it...
Spoiler for teaser?:

Yeah, you know what will happen next

On related note, Keroko, is Keroko-chan available?
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 03:28   Link #2284
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Nanoha is out of the picture, having been wounded in the ambush that was sprung on her as she tried to save Vivio. She was also sent a message by the kidnappers not to intervene, and was given a present from Vivio and the kidnappers.

A small, bloody cross.
O_O

>_<++

These kidnappers must meet....

Spoiler for >X ( ] "DEEEEEEEEEEATH!":
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 04:41   Link #2285
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
*rubs eyes tiredly* I'm tired and going to sleep, but I managed to finish this before I go.

Spoiler for Syn Virage:
And here we have Syn... growing from a 7 year old C to a 12 year old AAA.
Pretty good profile!
Oh! And glad you got rid of the eyepatch, she looks better that way.

On a side note... may I belive that "Flakfuer" is a spelling mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hayate had a crush on Kha before choosing Grandis. Sophia was actually dere for Artei once. Arisa was confused between Nanoha, Suzuka and Artei. Yuuno also went for Keroko. Kha had a soft spot for Carym. Keira admired Signum a lot. Shamal and Zafira were hinted, and so was Arf and Zafira. Keroko was egging Nanoha to date Kha, despite herself being a little interested. Erio found himself staring at Fate. And the list goes on, Cardcaptor Convoluted Style.
Pairing Frenzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Quote:

A small, bloody cross.

O_O

>_<++

These kidnappers must meet....

Spoiler for >X ( ] "DEEEEEEEEEEATH!":
Carnage: Don't worry. Most favorable outcome will be achieved.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:44   Link #2286
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Oh-hooo...........

Looks like everybody's expecting a Nanoha/Touhou crossover? I like where this thread is going

and while we're at it...
Spoiler for teaser?:

Yeah, you know what will happen next

:O:O:O

That's something interesting
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 05:48   Link #2287
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Well she's in ch 1 And I plan on using her more :3 Syn's too cool not to use
She is? *goes to check* Whoo! She is!

*runs off to comment*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Syn's new and improved build, hm?

A bit jarring going from her Alpha build to this straight ranged one, but I guess you know what you're doing. I like the build, though - glad to see she's still a smartass.

Is her spell list supposed to be that small, though?
Well, it was late and I was tired, so I figured I'd just get her core spell-list running. Most of the times a lot of spells listed don't get used anyway, or see maybe one or two uses.

Quote:
Somebody cast Memory Lapse on me. I meant Keroko was the Ace who wasn't a Sue. The other 5 have rep in varying degrees to be one; Keroko's agreed Sue rating is 0.
Hmm, well except for the orphan bit I guess.

Quote:
Hayate had a crush on Kha before choosing Grandis. Sophia was actually dere for Artei once. Arisa was confused between Nanoha, Suzuka and Artei. Yuuno also went for Keroko. Kha had a soft spot for Carym. Keira admired Signum a lot. Shamal and Zafira were hinted, and so was Arf and Zafira. Keroko was egging Nanoha to date Kha, despite herself being a little interested. Erio found himself staring at Fate. And the list goes on, Cardcaptor Convoluted Style.

That entire web evolved and ironed out, finally arriving at the set point at end of Cente Gravia. Hence why relationshipwise, StrikerS onwards are all focused on the new cast, but there ins't much to fool around with. Teana goes for Dylandy who in turn is after someone we don't know yet. Subaru is stubbornly Teana. Vivio is free game for a while. Juliet Scagletti is too sly to be committed. Serena is too cold, and her tsun-affection for Allie is more onee-chan than anything else. Allie's just running free. So our main fun may well be from the Erio x Lutecia x Caro Macross Triangle.
The web or romance is a complicated web indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
@Keroko: Don't worry about it, Tesla has a lot more in store for her. She has romantic partnership; she cooks (in the next chapter, no less ); she makes a particularly useful insight during their meeting; she leads a small squadron against the enemy; and she fights the battle of her lifetime against a Magus two ranks higher than she is. I always find character development in Nanohaverse shouldn't just revolve around their fighting abilities, so Tesla pretty much gets an all-round development. Hopefully, it's up to your taste and imagination.
Oh yes, very much so. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

@______________________________@

ZOMG EPIC BRAINWAVE!!!! @___@

So... that's how it was...

Hayate, whom those that read my GenerationS version of her would find out that she had a crush on Chrono during her early pubescent years mainly because of how much he stood up for her in front of Graham's plan... Not to mention completely brushing aside her unneeded guilt with Clyde's death (which she had nothing to do with in the first place)... And then she actually later gave up on him because she was still kinda hooked up on that unnecessary large amount of selflessness schtick when she finds out that Keroko and Chrono had been getting along... Just when she almost manages to get over that minor heartbreak, Kha comes along and then puts on the harem-lead-patented 'Nice to all the girls' charm (as in being nice to Hayate a bit more than usual because of her gloominess) and manages to score a lot of affection points from her. But then Hayate desists yet again in favor of Fate... That second heartbreak kinda gives her a small trauma that she decides to focus fully in her career even more (120%!!!) instead of pursuing romance. But then, there comes this time that her playful flirting with Aurion gets misinterpreted and they get rumored to have a relationship when there is actually nothing of the sort happening...

This is...@_@

(In a good way...)

*is bashed with the Tome on the head by a blushing Hayate*

X_x
Well, looks like I set off something good.

Quote:
MASSIVE TURNAROUND OF STYLE?!?!

Well... Though I was jarred by the AAA-rank when I read it, I eventually read thru the entire profile. And what can I say, I like Tsun-tsun Archer Syn compared to eyepatch brawler Syn!

Her relationship with Vivio is interesting, more so with Elena. Her Barrier Jacket is CUUUUTTTEEE~!!!

*dodges Hrunting*

Good work. And I find Rho Aius to be my favorite spell in her list.
Well, the AAA rank is to make her and Vivio about equal in strength (as my mind fails to compute Vivio at anything less then AAA rank at that age) but as it stands, she won't rise much higher then AAA+, though that is of course subject to change.

and yes, her Barrier Jacket is cute. Much to Syn's mortification. She can't even get rid of the wings, as the two designed them to help stabilize her flight magic.

Quote:
Hayate had a crush on CHRONO before giving up on him in favor of Keroko (and eventually Amy), then had some attraction to Kha before giving up for Fate, been rumored to have a relationship with Aurion (which happens to be NOT the case), and then eventually settles down with Grandis.

Aaron: Broken Heart much, Hayate...?

Hayate: Don't remind me...

Aurion: There's a fine line between reasonable selflessness and plain gratuitous martyrism...

Grandis: Well, that turned out to be interesting...
Hayate. Most dramatic past of the Aces, and still going that way.

Quote:
Ah forget it. I have to go to work and won't be back until late. The pitfalls of being the noob at work.

Can't really complain; my manager's working from 9.30 am to 1.00am tomorrow. I'm only going in at 2 pm.

Also, I roll eyes at Comartemis and Kha and their inclusion of church. They're probably going to get it all mostly wrong, seeing as how neither of them have had the level of exposure to churches that I have had.
Well, to be fair, does your religion have its own militairy force consisting of armed knights?

The Saint Church doesn't function like any religion we have here today, so to say they will get it 'wrong' is debatable to say the least, as we don't have a 'right' to bein with.

Quote:
Ironic, innit, that the guy with the most immersion in religious life makes no reference to organised religion in his work, but two guys who know zilch beyond stereotypes and supposed coolness are intent on turning the saint church into a mockery of christianity.
If you choose to precieve it as such. I highly doubt Kha intends to mock any religion with this, he's writing this for fun after all.

Quote:
RE: Soldiers of the Wasteland: I'm kicking myself for not thinking of the idea of a crack assault team (in the military context, unlike here, "crack" means AAA to S-ranked) breaking up a cosplay party. SotW is a lot darker and grimmer than stuff I normally write, and is not for the faint of heart.

A small, bloody cross.

I want these guys dead.

Painfully.

And bloody.

I won't settle for anything less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Alright gang, my muse went and hit me over the head with something akin to a lead pipe of an idea, and I’d like some opinions on it before I give it serious consideration. I’ve been kicking this idea around in my head for a few hours and I think it has the potential to be viable if used properly.

Spoiler for Possible plans:
Well, this looks like it will be interesting. I am looking forward to Devious!Hayate influenced by Eva.

And please tell me you'll do something with Chao. Seeing her leave was the biggest tearjerking moment of the manga so far. I mean, I can understand why, but still... Chaaaoooo

One thing though, Arisa as Baka Red? Does not compute! XD Arisa has top grades, and is prefectly bilangual too (so she'd be the perfect person to get along with Negi, as she can talk to him in his home language ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
As always, go right ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
And here we have Syn... growing from a 7 year old C to a 12 year old AAA.
Pretty good profile!
Oh! And glad you got rid of the eyepatch, she looks better that way.

On a side note... may I belive that "Flakfuer" is a spelling mistake?
Did I write Flakfuer? *checks*

Huh, I did, I wonder where that second e ran off to. Yep, typo fixed, thanks for picking it out.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 08:28   Link #2288
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

"Today, we celebrate, our Independence Day!" ~ ID4

This goes out to our US friends out there.

Quote:
Hmm, well except for the orphan bit I guess.
That is more cliche than Sue actually. Besides, on the flip side there'd be little to differentiate Keroko from Nanoha, and Nanoha's status as the rare "Powerful Ace with living relatives/non-emo past" would've been reduced.

Quote:
The web or romance is a complicated web indeed.
I like my candy floss tangled.

Quote:
Well, looks like I set off something good.
And exposed my surprise.

Quote:
Well, to be fair, does your religion have its own military force consisting of armed knights?

The Saint Church doesn't function like any religion we have here today, so to say they will get it 'wrong' is debatable to say the least, as we don't have a 'right' to begin with.
Indeed, Belka is an organized liberal religion. No Terran equivalent, which is why I ended up drawing from multiple places, and filling in the humongous gaps with loads of self-thought putty. Goose has a right to disagree, just no right to annoy others while doing so.

Quote:
If you choose to perceive it as such. I highly doubt Kha intends to mock any religion with this, he's writing this for fun after all.
I gave up bothering to reply directly, considering that nobody let C.S. Lewis off the hook.

Quote:
And please tell me you'll do something with Chao. Seeing her leave was the biggest tearjerking moment of the manga so far. I mean, I can understand why, but still... Chaaaoooo
There, there... *pats Keroko*

And she didn't leave. Time travellers will learn that, despite all their calculations and precautions, the mere act of travelling into the past will affect the future. Her intervention, however unsuccessful, has altered the Grand Plan in ways she can never imagine.

Be it Rebuilt, Kerokanon and I dare say even canon, she's...

*glances at "Wang Liu Meng", who's trying to look inconspicuous*

...still with us, I'm sure.

Quote:
One thing though, Arisa as Baka Red? Does not compute! XD Arisa has top grades, and is prefectly bilangual too (so she'd be the perfect person to get along with Negi, as she can talk to him in his home language ).
Yeah, I mean, Arisa remembers Artei's Social Security number while he can't. She even goes as far to claim that he can't tie his shoelaces without her!

*runs from people who get the ref*
Old 2008-07-04, 08:36   Link #2289
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, Arisa remembers Artei's Social Security number while he can't. She even goes as far to claim that he can't tie his shoelaces without her!

*runs from people who get the ref*
So Arisa is Artei's "Most qualified, capable person" he's ever met?

*RUNS FASTER*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 08:49   Link #2290
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Keroko: "Yuuno-kun's late.. "

Chrono: "Ah Keroko there you are. Yuuno said he couldn't make it at the last second so he asked me to replace him."

Keroko:"Oh..I suppose it can't be helped then. Work takes precedence after all."

Chrono: "Shall we ?"

*around the corner Yuuno lies gagged and Struggle Bound*

Yuuno: "Chrughh urgh urghtrd !"

Anyone want to write this up properly?
Quote:
*rubs eyes tiredly* I'm tired and going to sleep, but I managed to finish this before I go.
Nicely put together profile And as usual, nothing to complain about. A touch of Archer in some of the spells as well as a hint of summoning proficiency as well. Very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
That's fast!
What can I say, reading is a strong point

See replies to some of the issues below.
Spoiler for Reply:

Quote:
Thanks, Liingo, this helps a lot.

By the way, if you do have questions about the plot, I don't mind you asking. If it's a major one, I'll probably say so, though minor ones are perfectly all right.
No worries. Give us a yell if you need someone to read over anything.

I'll leave the plot questions rest. No point in rushing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Good lordy your head's gonna fall off from all the nodding Aaron.
You should have seen some of the posts back in the original OCT.

Quote:

I want these guys dead.

Painfully.

And bloody.

I second this motion.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 09:21   Link #2291
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

*sigh* And there goes my intention of writhing shorter chapters...

It again turned out longer than planned...

Ah well... anyway. Chapter 5 of my main story is ready!

And as promised... a bigger titel so it won't be overseen.

Memories of Blood and Sorrow
Part 5: Ghost Hunt

Spoiler:

Puuh... next chapter is already in the works...

Last edited by Kyral; 2009-01-28 at 11:48.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 10:59   Link #2292
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
*sigh* And there goes my intention of writhing shorter chapters...

It again turned out longer than planned...

Ah well... anyway. Chapter 5 of my main story is ready!

And as promised... a bigger titel so it won't be overseen.

Memories of Blood and Sorrow
Part 5: Ghost Hunt

Spoiler:

Puuh... next chapter is already in the works...
I think you might need a bigger title

There were a few typos that i spotted, but other than that the chpater flowed well. The paragraph with the Knights was good. It was in character for them.

Will be looking forward to the next chapter! And like with PF, I'm happy to read over things if you want me to
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 12:03   Link #2293
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
See replies to some of the issues below.
Spoiler for Reply:
Speak of obvious time-jump! My apologies, it's a purely typographical error!

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:
I hardly think Enforcers are lone wolves from the start, seeing as Fate has been tagging along for quite some time, but yeah, the line blurred so much that I wasn't particularly sure myself as well.

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:
Thank you . Since he pretty much helped Hayate established her RF6 previously, so he knew what was involved in the unit creation, and by chalking up help from those who helped them before (I don't know who, and I don't intend to create any ), the order passed up the chain quite easily. The only real battle he had to fight was with von Khrull, and he made ample preparation for that. Everything worked out, I guess.

Quote:
No worries. Give us a yell if you need someone to read over anything.

I'll leave the plot questions rest. No point in rushing anything.
Noted. And don't worry, I will. As it is, the questions have helped me form my thoughts in a better way, and not leaving any yawning plotholes while I plod along.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 14:24   Link #2294
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Spoiler for Syn Virage:
Nice
The previous Syn was good, but this one is quite promising

Looking forward to seeing her in action :3

...also...right eye red and the left blue?
Just like Wyen in his awakened form...

*warps away*
Old 2008-07-04, 15:04   Link #2295
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Okay, the happy go lucky trials of our crazed test pilots... full chapter...
Comes out to 76 kb of text for this chapter, longer than I had anticipated.... but hey.

MGLN Test Dummies Chapter Five

EDIT: -WARNING-
Huge amount of Text Ahead

Spoiler for Chapter Five - A:
Old 2008-07-04, 15:05   Link #2296
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Spoiler for Chapter Five - B:
Old 2008-07-04, 15:18   Link #2297
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I have absolutely no idea how I'm getting a wireless connection on an undeveloped lot in the middle of Leelanau County, Michigan but I'm sure as fuck not complaining about it.

Gotta make this a real quick post, so I'll have to reply to the Negi/Nano fusion opinions later.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:57   Link #2298
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:

I want these guys dead.

Painfully.

And bloody.

They shall burn in the fires of Unlimited Blade Works. Cinque will make certain of that; either that or she'll skin them alive, one layer of skin at a time.

Yes, Cinque + Imaging Mastery is a long-range plan of mine intended for post-StrikerS; hers is a story of redemption similar to Noland's, based on the idea that the cyborgs were constructed with a modified version of Project FATE, and therefore Cinque has repressed memories of the mage she was created from, who happens to have been a master of Tracing sorcery. As she struggles to reclaim her identity and come to grips with who and what she has become, she latches on to her young charges, Syn and Vivio, who may yet become her only chance at making peace with herself. Be afraid, evildoers. Be very afraid. Mwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Quote:
Well, this looks like it will be interesting. I am looking forward to Devious!Hayate influenced by Eva.

Worry not Kero, I have plans for Chao after Arisa, Suzuka, and Negi take a page out of Nanoha's book and Befriend her with extreme prejudice. Most likely she'll get pwned so hard between the three of them that she'll completely lose consciousness and awaken sometime after the World Tree has gone dormant for the next two decades.

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot about Arisa's grades until after I thought about this some more. Guess cram school has its benefits, eh?

But you know what this means? Between Suzuka and Arisa boosting the class's average and Asuna not being around to bring it down, the entire Library Island arc can be completely averted.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:30   Link #2299
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Nice
The previous Syn was good, but this one is quite promising

Looking forward to seeing her in action :3

...also...right eye red and the left blue?
Just like Wyen in his awakened form...

*warps away*
Heterochromnia ftw
Old 2008-07-04, 20:00   Link #2300
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Heterochromnia ftw
Heterochromia automatically makes any character cooler