AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-05, 02:49   Link #141
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yes. It would.

That's not what the novels do.

Therefore, that is not what the adaptation should be doing.

Of course, given the sheer numbers of RyuujixAmi shippers, they probably would be providing fanservice by making that the ending. But, since they still kept the scenes that hint at Taiga's growing attraction, I highly doubt we'll be getting said ending.
Old 2008-12-05, 02:50   Link #142
Lucipher

1st Shuffle is a bad example of how to pick an alternate girl. The "Main Girl" was Kaede the alternates was Sai and Nerine. Asa winning was a travisty

2nd you guys are so right OMG i hated Toradora during the whole Shana faze. Im so gad they moved away from it makes this show a lot better

3rd I dont see a reason why Ami cant win. It will make a lot of sence if she did win. Taiga will get her man. Ryu will get a great girl its a win win.

Think about it what is the problem with Ryuuji, its the fact that he looks scary he is really someone nice and caring. Wouldnt him getting together with an Idol make him look less scary to a lot of people. It would work out perfect. Whats the problem with Ami its that she has to put on a fake face infront of everyone cuz of her work. Well if she was with someone who looked like Ryuuji it would show everyone that she isnt just all about looks. To me this seems like the perfect pair in this anime
Old 2008-12-05, 02:51   Link #143
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

And this is why fandom is terrible and ruins good television.
Old 2008-12-05, 02:59   Link #144
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
you quote nothing or give an explination so please tell us what you mean by this?
Old 2008-12-05, 03:08   Link #145
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I'm pretty sure he was referring to Lucipher's post. I think he was at least partially joking too.
Im pretty sure he was referring to my post but i want him to make it clear befor i tear up what ever he is gona try to agru about it.
Old 2008-12-05, 03:18   Link #146
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
you quote nothing or give an explination so please tell us what you mean by this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I'm pretty sure he was referring to Lucipher's post. I think he was at least partially joking too.
Quote:
Im pretty sure he was referring to my post but i want him to make it clear befor i tear up what ever he is gona try to agru about it.
And how is this related to Kawashima Ami?

If you need to clear things up or discuss other subjects please bring it on PMs, as it is completely off topic here. Further off topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks.
Old 2008-12-05, 05:10   Link #147
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

After watching Ep 9 ad 10, now i can confirm that i am currently following this anime for 3 reasons: the OP; the nice facial expression/drawing/animation and anything related toAmi Kawashima. It's fun to see Ryūji looks serious and scares everyone around as well, but such events seems not occur lately.

Another thing that i found is: Taiga's not so annoyed as long as she's not in her "treating- Ryūji-like-dirts mode" (it's surprisingly fun to watch Taiga and Ami quarrel in comedic mode).

Since we probably would get Taigax Ryūji ending anyway, i hopes they would put Ami as the final boss so i can focus and follow the series until the end.
Old 2008-12-05, 10:35   Link #148
Newhope

I hope he does end up with Ami because she seems to be the type who's been extremely lonely her whole life and needs someone to break the shell she wraped herself in, once someone does break that shell I think she would be very loyal to that person and her ture personality would be able to come out and truly shine.
Old 2008-12-05, 11:25   Link #149
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I hope he does end up with Ami because she seems to be the type who's been extremely lonely her whole life and needs someone to break the shell she wraped herself in, once someone does break that shell I think she would be very loyal to that person and her ture personality would be able to come out and truly shine.
Perhaps you should notice that it is not AmiDora but it is ToraDora. Ami has no chance in this race.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:11   Link #150
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Perhaps you should notice that it is not AmiDora but it is ToraDora. Ami has no chance in this race.
You know what your doing is borderline trolling? If you dont like Ami thats fine what are you doing comming into a thread about her in the first place people who come to this thread mainly are people who like her.

It may be called ToraDora but that dosnt mean Tora and Dora have to end up together its just about them and thier relasionship itm it dosnt have to be about Tora and Dora together it could be about Toras relasionship with Her dream man and Doras relasionship with Ami for all we know look at School Rumble for such example.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:43   Link #151
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@stormy:I don't mind what you think. But you should notice Newhope only said "I hope...", not "the anime will definitely let...", so there is no point discussing if Ruuji can possibly end up with Ami or not here.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:03   Link #152
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You know what your doing is borderline trolling? If you dont like Ami thats fine what are you doing comming into a thread about her in the first place people who come to this thread mainly are people who like her.

It may be called ToraDora but that dosnt mean Tora and Dora have to end up together its just about them and thier relasionship itm it dosnt have to be about Tora and Dora together it could be about Toras relasionship with Her dream man and Doras relasionship with Ami for all we know look at School Rumble for such example.
Stating a fact =/= trolling.

So yeah. Um.

I actually don't like Taiga that much right now, and won't ever unless she shapes up a bit. Ami, however, is incredibly awesome, despite not being someone I want to end up with Ryuuji.

Seriously, every scene she's in is amazing.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-06 at 04:50. Reason: removed off topic remark
Old 2008-12-05, 17:21   Link #153
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with it though, because in any direction, it'd be pretty believable.
Quote:
Yes. It would.

That's not what the novels do.

Therefore, that is not what the adaptation should be doing.
What the novels do, is simply what the novels do. I understand that.

What things outside the novel do however, doesnt always mean it'll be made from the same mold. Basically, things aren't set in stone, bla bla bla...

Because, whether people like it or not, a director isn't always going to stick 100% to the source material and it doesn't always makes flops just because it's different.

Some changes are made because time constraints from one medium to another and others are made to clarify plot, characterization, etc...

Such as the "just kidding" omission from Ami's teasing in Ryuuji's house. It clarifies for the audience that Ami will have emotional investment into Ryuuji, so we won't be second guessing TOO MUCH in the later episodes.

Or do something completely different!

FOR INSTANCE!

DUN DA DA DUN DUN TA DA!

Evangelion Rebuild 1.0 You Are Not Alone.

I like these things, because if there isn't anything made beyond the end of the series of novels or anime I watch/read (sequels), then a new spin is something I can be pleasantly be surprised about and see something new.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:25   Link #154
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
What the novels do, is simply what the novels do. I understand that.

What things outside the novel do however, doesnt always mean it'll be made from the same mold. Basically, things aren't set in stone, bla bla bla...

Because, whether people like it or not, a director isn't always going to stick 100% to the source material and it doesn't always makes flops just because it's different.

Some changes are made because time constraints from one medium to another and others are made to clarify plot, characterization, etc...

Such as the "just kidding" omission from Ami's teasing in Ryuuji's house. It clarifies for the audience that Ami will have emotional investment into Ryuuji, so we won't be second guessing TOO MUCH in the later episodes.

Or do something completely different!

FOR INSTANCE!

DUN DA DA DUN DUN TA DA!

Evangelion Rebuild 1.0 You Are Not Alone.

I like these things, because if there isn't anything made beyond the end of the series of novels or anime I watch/read (sequels), then a new spin is something I can be pleasantly be surprised about and see something new.

Eva is an original work anyway, though.

Here, the Toradora novels already exist, and are written by a different person than an anime director.

Besides, why screw with the plot? It's perfect as it is, all they need to do is adapt it into anime form.

Besides, since they're giving us the exact same character development as in the novels, any other ending is going to feel... off.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-06 at 04:12. Reason: removed off topic comment
Old 2008-12-05, 17:29   Link #155
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, let's look at it like this.

Toradora can either have

a) Realistic development or

b) An 'original' development completely out of left field, pleasing fandom but destroying story integrity.

Which would you rather have?
Old 2008-12-05, 17:37   Link #156
Voitan

Quote:
Well, let's look at it like this.

Toradora can either have

a) Realistic development or

b) An 'original' development completely out of left field, pleasing fandom but destroying story integrity.

Which would you rather have?
A. But this is a loaded question.

In defense of B. In what makes Toradora so damn good, is that it wouldn't be unbelievable or out of left field.

I wouldn't feel the same way if this was something mediocre as Love Hina, but for Toradora, I'm betting it can.

In my view of Toradora, I think B is already A. So if that helps your question or reason why people are into these unique end ideas, I hope it helps.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:46   Link #157
Oxtail

Ami has no chance to end up with Ryuuji, but it would be cool if the anime could give us an OVA episode for the "other" girl a la FMP:TSR. I loved the Tessa OVA because she was the one I was rooting for and it was a nice gift to the Tessa fans from KyoAni without messing up the plot from the novels. No reason JC Staff can't give Ami fans a little something to cheer for.
Old 2008-12-05, 18:50   Link #158
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
A. But this is a loaded question.

In defense of B. In what makes Toradora so damn good, is that it wouldn't be unbelievable or out of left field.

I wouldn't feel the same way if this was something mediocre as Love Hina, but for Toradora, I'm betting it can.

In my view of Toradora, I think B is already A. So if that helps your question or reason why people are into these unique end ideas, I hope it helps.
Well, again, given the character development that already exists... yeah no.

And you think that any different development wouldn't be out of left field... were this any other studio, maybe. But this is JC Staff.
Old 2008-12-05, 19:57   Link #159
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
Ami has no chance to end up with Ryuuji, but it would be cool if the anime could give us an OVA episode for the "other" girl a la FMP:TSR. I loved the Tessa OVA because she was the one I was rooting for and it was a nice gift to the Tessa fans from KyoAni without messing up the plot from the novels. No reason JC Staff can't give Ami fans a little something to cheer for.
lol Toradora's 'Tomoyo After Story' ?
Old 2008-12-05, 19:59   Link #160
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:

LOLOLOLOL

If you read my posts, I clearly liked Ami the most out of all ToraDora cast.

But I am realistic enough to see where the story is heading. Plus the title is decisive, not an analogy. And the novels also make it the salient point.

Tags
characters