Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 11:28   Link #1281
faiz blaster

Some interesting points that I learned from chapter zero:

Spoiler for top secret (ok, maybe not so much...):
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:37   Link #1282
Used Can

Hmm... you know, I had been thinking about this for a while, and chapter 0 has actually reinforced my idea there may be no harem end.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-21, 04:13   Link #1283
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 08:36   Link #1284
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

No harem end means FAIL. What? So you want, Yami or Mikan or Yui cry or suffer? We only have two choices here, Harem end or Darkness end. I'm starting to be irritated now that even Rosario Vampire has become a one-sided path, don't try to add salt to my wounds.
Old 2011-02-21, 08:47   Link #1285
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yui must win.. Every one else is bonus~!
*waves Yui flags around the thread*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 14:28   Link #1286
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
No harem end means FAIL. What? So you want, Yami or Mikan or Yui cry or suffer? We only have two choices here, Harem end or Darkness end. I'm starting to be irritated now that even Rosario Vampire has become a one-sided path, don't try to add salt to my wounds.
Hate to burst your bubble but... as much as I like harems myself, this is the biggest drawback to them: only one girl in the harem ain't going to get her heart broken. The only time you'll generally see a real harem end is in hentai. Regular manga though, no matter how ecchi, either end with the guy not choosing any of them (which is about 99% of harems), or he goes with a girl (about 1% of the time)

*also joins KiNA in waving Yui flag*

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:32   Link #1287
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
can't stop viewing this

Spoiler for nsfw:
Old 2011-02-21, 19:44   Link #1288
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Hate to burst your bubble but... as much as I like harems myself, this is the biggest drawback to them: only one girl in the harem ain't going to get her heart broken. The only time you'll generally see a real harem end is in hentai. Regular manga though, no matter how ecchi, either end with the guy not choosing any of them (which is about 99% of harems), or he goes with a girl (about 1% of the time)

most of the harems, or harems at times that end with one girl being picked and not some open ending it is not the girl getting her heart broken

its usually that at some point the girl realizes that she doesn't love our hero, but feels more like a sister or friend in them. or else they at some point start to fall for another boy in the series.

NEITHER of htose things are likely to happen at all in this. There is no other boys. There is that one general guy, but the girl that likes him will do the opposite and start liking our hero. there is our heroes firend, but he shows up like once every 50 chapters to state how our hero has progressed in his woman fear. then there is that little boy who looks up to our hero and is amazed by his harem creation.

oh and run, but he is part of the harem, lol.

so this series is going to end with a harem ending whether stated outright, or left with an open ending and obvious conclusion. there is no heartbreaks to be had. there may be some emotional things during the sereis with some realizing the problem, but at the end they will all be fine with it and still in love with our hero.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:57   Link #1289
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
can't stop viewing this

Spoiler for nsfw:
For me I can't stop viewing page 12.
Old 2011-02-21, 20:22   Link #1290
Used Can

I think I've already made a comment on what I thought harems were from a writer's perspective in the previous TLR thread... or was it in the R+V one?
Anyway, I see it as a roulette in which the author tries to minimise risk by diversifying risk in many safe bets.
How does this apply to a harem? I think most people, sadly, don't really care about the MC. So, that's why we're usually stuck with some dense beta. However, you tend to have a really nice cast of girls, with traits, personalities, designs and behaviours that may appeals to a wide range of people. Thus, the more girls you add, the higher chances someone will pick your work just for that (or those) character(s).

However, the author probably has an idea on how he wanted the story to play from the beginning. In fact, the author probably had two characters, a story and an ending in mind. Yet, some of them decide to be pragmatic and leave things open ended, whereas others do take the risk and follow the development they wanted, whilst capitalising on the fans and shippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
can't stop fapping at this

Spoiler for nsfw:
ftfy .
Old 2011-02-21, 21:24   Link #1291
Miraluka
Banned

If Gid had only one woman for him is because THAT woman was to dominant in the relationship to allow another woman to start the harem . That said, Gid is the uke.

Quote:
Tenchi Muyo. Enough said.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 22:04   Link #1292
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think I've already made a comment on what I thought harems were from a writer's perspective in the previous TLR thread... or was it in the R+V one?
Anyway, I see it as a roulette in which the author tries to minimise risk by diversifying risk in many safe bets.
How does this apply to a harem? I think most people, sadly, don't really care about the MC. So, that's why we're usually stuck with some dense beta. However, you tend to have a really nice cast of girls, with traits, personalities, designs and behaviours that may appeals to a wide range of people. Thus, the more girls you add, the higher chances someone will pick your work just for that (or those) character(s).

However, the author probably has an idea on how he wanted the story to play from the beginning. In fact, the author probably had two characters, a story and an ending in mind. Yet, some of them decide to be pragmatic and leave things open ended, whereas others do take the risk and follow the development they wanted, whilst capitalising on the fans and shippers.

ftfy .
thats the big trouble with writing any sort of love triangle, let alone harem. Each character is unique and different (mostly to fulfill different audiences fetishes, lol) but regardless there are all usually nice girls that no one wants to see be hurt whether you like that one or not.

So really the only thing an authro can do is leave a roughly open ending where its the gay ass to be continued..., or else to have the girls slowly fall for someone else in a touchign way so it does not seem like they are just taking someone else since they can't have the hero.

AND as to your the author has an idea on who "WINS" basically when he starts. Kind of thrown in a loop in this series since the like main girl who the hero has the most feeligns for from the start was based on the authors WIFE, who later backstabbed him. Thus highly doubtful he would want to have some happy ending for just those TWO.
Old 2011-02-21, 22:33   Link #1293
Used Can

I wouldn't know if he ever planned on a Haruna end. All the same, throughout the first series, no girl, even Lala, received enough development to even begin to shake Rito's feelings for Haruna. And that was seriously bad, because Haruna had almost no development at all. That's one of the things I always hated about it, since it had zero to no relevant development.

Hell, just mentioning all of this makes me remember why I started disliking the first series so much, and how happy I've become with Darkness. Seriously, all he had to do was to take the focus away from Lala and Haruna and this manga has improved so much. Those two really were a pair of shitty characters, and you know a character is specially shitty when it's making the story bad.
Old 2011-02-22, 00:40   Link #1294
Simonsy

chapter is out, as well as couple others from the same scanners

i kind of like that g maru edition one. well haven't read ch. 4 yet, but 1-3 were funny. one to ch. 0 to love and ch. 4 g maru
Old 2011-02-22, 05:22   Link #1295
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yui's scene was so .

I like how chapter 0 covered the starting ideas for the harem plan, along with the Momo x Rito bathroom scene.
Old 2011-02-22, 07:34   Link #1296
Soraya21

Good chapter, bridges the 2 series nicely together & adds yet another side to Momo's already well-rounded character.

Mikan holding onto Rito's boxers like that... innocently sorting out the laundry or her subconscious way of saying she wants to get into her brother's pants? You decide.

Haruna's scene was rather cute and funny, one of the few that I actually liked. And Yuu's looking kind of different now, older and more grown-up.

So the bathscene is revisited once again. Wonder if we'll ever get any follow-up events on what might have transpired between Rito and Momo afterwards.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 08:58   Link #1297
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:

Put your one-path end to pieces and join the "Everybody's happy" plan like Momo wants. Tenchi Muyo, and Maburaho(love the multiplication MC end) are examples. So you mean you really want a shitty one-path end when you can have it "all".
Who cares if statistics or many harem genre end with the MC choosing one (most not my favorites), what To-LOVE-Ru must do is to break this shit and be the first to actually have a "real HAREM end". Too cliche if it ends with choosing one.
Old 2011-02-22, 10:12   Link #1298
Xagzan

I didn't see any indication here that the harem plan will fail. Gid was only in 1 panel and there was really nothing there to suggest he would have any greater part in the story. I think it's a bit premature to take that one panel and say it's why Rito won't have his harem.

P18, Momo is adorable. Surprisingly she looked nervous before going into the bathroom with Rito, and she had her arms folded and also her tail curled around her legs. Adorable.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 10:24   Link #1299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmm... you know, I had been thinking about this for a while, and chapter 0 has actually reinforced my idea there may be no harem end.

Spoiler:
I doubt that will happen. After putting foward and promoting the harem solution so much, Yabuki and Hasemi won't be able to back out easily. I agree the fact Gid only had a single wife might lead Momo to have a conversation with him and question herself at some point. However, depending on the reasons Gid will give her, she may persevere with the harem plan. For all we know, it was Lala's mom who forbid him from taking in any concubines lol. We have no idea how she was after all.

If Rito loves all the haremettes and none of them mind sharing, then there won't be any problem. I make it sound easy, but of course, it'll be incredibly hard to get them there. Nevertheless, I believe Momo can do it. Together they can make it! The best harem of all time!
Old 2011-02-22, 12:45   Link #1300
Shadow5YA

You know, it is possible to have a harem with one or two girls higher than the rest. The girls just all have to be loved, not loved equally.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen