AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 14:45   Link #1081
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I'm guessing that Mr Lin is one of the countless Taiwanese boys who grew up being inspired by the Basketball-Manga Slam Dunk throughout the 1990's and the 2000's.
Slam Dunk made me dream of playing in the NBA for a good while. I still read it occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Geez, I expected Chicago to drop some games without Rose, but they haven't yet.

That said, Miami are equally formidable at this point. Wade has been eased back in, their transition offense is brilliant. If they can stay healthy, should be another Miami-Chicago conference final unless Indiana or Philadelphia kick it up a notch.
What I love is that the team's getting notable scoring contributions from Battier, Miller and Cole. They likely won't be deciding factors in the play-offs, but the wider they can spread the floor for the Big 3, the better.

Philly doesn't worry much, but I'm wary of the Pacers. Paul George(one of my favorite players) is one of the more versatile players in the NBA.
Old 2012-02-18, 19:36   Link #1082
brocko

Lin's always had high turn-overs so nothing new there. But it still needs to go down regardless.

What really killed the Knicks that game was the abysmmal 3 pt shooting, 4-24 or in other words 16%. You take Lin out of that equation and the rest of the team went 2-19 from mostly wide open 3's. If the Knicks had made some downtown shots to save their life, this would've been a blowout game and yet they still only lost by 4 with the crap-tard 3pt shooting along with Lins high TO (Knicks only had 3 more TO's than the Hornets btw).

Sports writers were just waiting for the moment the Knicks lost to tear him down (media enjoys building people up and tearing them down). Yup it's all Lin's fault and nothing to do with the team sucking from 3pt land at all

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 21:20   Link #1083
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Yup it's all Lin's fault and nothing to do with the team sucking from 3pt land at all
You know it's bad when 4chan uses more logic than most of those "writers"
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 17:16   Link #1084
christinemarie
Crazy One

Steve Novak, J.R. Smith (no training, first NBA game this season), Jeremy Lin and the rest of the New York Knicks have defeated the Dallas Mavericks 104-95. The turnover problem with Jeremy Lin continues as he have seven with 1 from the first half (actually this TO doesn't matter that much since he did it during the last three seconds of the first half), and six from the second half.

Aside from those seven turnovers, Jeremy Lin have 28pts, 14assists (career high), 5 steals, 1 block.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 19:36   Link #1085
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

From what I seen Jeremy Lin's turnover problem is being overblown. He played 46min today and handles the ball for the most of the time, also he does seem to play lot of mins. So he will bound to have some turnover, now because of that his teammates turnover will probably be not that high. So I think instead of looking at individual turnover, the team turnover should be the one that is looked at.

Anyway I really like Jeremy Lin's story, and especially as an Asian this story feels more special. Yeah there was Yao Ming before but he was 7ft tall freak of nature, Jeremy Lin, while being tall, is not really a freak. And I think the fact that he is Asian-American makes it more relatable to most Asians live in America, especially the one born as second-gen and beyond.
Old 2012-02-19, 21:29   Link #1086
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lin is legit...When you're putting up these kind of numbers (26 and 9 dimes avg.) when you were the 13th man on the bench, the turnovers are nothing...He's dealing with multiple defensive strategies to stop him, many of which he has never faced (like today when the Mavs trapped him the entire game), plus 45 mins when he has to handle the ball every possession...He has nothing but time as he grows and excels (and will seeing every possible defensive scheme against him), so his TO's will decrease...Just from the hornets game he didn't jump once in the lane to make a pass as he did all last game...LOL, he had 25 and 5 against the hornets and had a "BAD" game...

His most important trait in my opinion is his ability to create and control tempo...Chris Paul is the best PG in the league at this, and Nash in his Prime could do it aswell...Not all PGs are good at doing this (Westbrook, Rose being perfect examples), you have to be pure...Lin is a PASS-first SCORING point guard who can control the tempo of a game...He's legit folks, basketball people will understand this despite the crazy media hype....Dude can ball...
Old 2012-02-19, 23:30   Link #1087
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

The Durantula drops 51.

Suprised no one in here mentioned the Espn article on Lin.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 12:32   Link #1088
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

OKC - They're winning a lot more close games this year. But the thought of them blowing big leads against teams like Miami or Chicago in the postseason still seems very plausible.

Clippers are in a good spot and have considerable room for improvement still. Nice to finally see them in contention rather than bottom.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:16   Link #1089
christinemarie
Crazy One

First time that it ever happened.
New York Knicks gets the 7th seed after losing to the New Jersey Nets. (Boston Celtics loss makes it possible now a 8th seed, even Rajan Rondo gets a two day suspension after the DAL vs BOS game.)
The officiating in NYK vs NJN 2/20/2012 is the worst ever since the SAS vs PHX 2005 playoffs game.
Jeremy Lin and Deron Williams both fouling out of the game which rarely happened this season where two starting point guards gets 6PF each.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 09:23   Link #1090
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Huh....Williams scored 38 despite fouling out? Yikes...get some more good people around him, dammit! I'd still take Deron Williams as point guard any day. Derrick Rose is a class act but I prefer the package Williams brings. Honestly, New Jersey should do whatever they have to in order to get Dwight Howard. Him and Williams could really launch that team.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:40   Link #1091
Elo the Blue

Heat took it the Knicks tonight. 14 TOs between Amar'e and Lin.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:59   Link #1092
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Don't shoot yourself Linners...Miami has the best defense in the League and they tailored the defense to stop him...He was a bit overwhelmed and pressed...It's his first truly bad game of his career coming off of arguably his best game as a pro vs. Atlanta...Take a breather, throw this one in the $hitcan, and mark your calender to see when they play again and if he's adjusted...

Overall the Knicks hung in there aslong as they could without Lin's offense which was sorely needed...
Old 2012-03-11, 19:34   Link #1093
solomon

It only took some CAT brand heavy machinery to do so, but I finally dug out the BBALL thread!

Anyone following the college action? They announced the bracket breakdown today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s/viewable_men

Here in DC, we're looking at Georgetown, Virginia and Virginia Commonwealth.

Was surprised how good Florida State was this year, I think they may be pullin a Florida (being a southern fried college that actually does well on the hardwood AS WELL as the gridiron) in making a new mark for themselves in the bball scene.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 19:41   Link #1094
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

This was two games ago,

currently
Regular season record: 34-9 Division standing: 1
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 19:54   Link #1095
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Surprised to see my team Golden State won last night
Old 2012-03-11, 20:20   Link #1096
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

To much talent they should atleast avg 40 wins i believe it contracting playstyles holding them back along with injuries and new coaching.

Other then that New York needs to get out the lisanity age and bench him And start Baron Davis.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 20:57   Link #1097
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
It only took some CAT brand heavy machinery to do so, but I finally dug out the BBALL thread!

Anyone following the college action? They announced the bracket breakdown today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s/viewable_men

Here in DC, we're looking at Georgetown, Virginia and Virginia Commonwealth.

Was surprised how good Florida State was this year, I think they may be pullin a Florida (being a southern fried college that actually does well on the hardwood AS WELL as the gridiron) in making a new mark for themselves in the bball scene.
Last year was great for me because my school, Uconn, won the damn thing. But this year is looking disappointing, we got talent but for some reason our offense is very bad. Well maybe if we get into some form we might win few matches. Overall I think Kentucky or UNC will win. As for final four I am picking Kentucky (but I am hoping Uconn we can upset them), Flordia State (their current form is impressive), UNC, and Michigan St.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:39   Link #1098
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
This was two games ago,

currently
Regular season record: 34-9 Division standing: 1
And it was painful game to see my Bucks lose.

It honestly sucks that Bogut is out ingured since that'd have probably been enough to hold us steady at the 8th seed. The team definitely struggles without him. Although Ilyasova has been playing lights out the last week or so and he is a big reason why the Bucks are even still in it against the Knicks.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2012-03-12 at 21:59.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:53   Link #1099
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
And it was painful game to see my Bucks lose.

It honestly sucks that Bogut is out ingured since that'd have probably been enough to hold us steady at the 8th seed. The team definitely struggles without him. Although Ilyasova has been playing lights out the last week or so and he is a big reason why the Bucks are evens till in it against the Knicks.
So glad I picked him up in fantasy. I remember reading a report a while back that he wanted to return Europe next season. If he stays in the NBA, some team is going to get a quality player this summer.
Old 2012-03-12, 22:03   Link #1100
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
So glad I picked him up in fantasy. I remember reading a report a while back that he wanted to return Europe next season. If he stays in the NBA, some team is going to get a quality player this summer.
I'm hoping for the Bucks to try and keep hold of him and intigrate him into the starting line up permanently (granted he continues to play like he has). Loving how Ilyasova is getting some recognition for his performances being named player of the week. Bucks rarely ever get mentioned lest we beat a big team, like how we beat the heat twice this year.

On another note, the Bucks win and have stolen the 8th seed from the Knicks.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote