AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 12:18   Link #1101
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Spurs fan here, reporting in.
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 20:39   Link #1102
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...s-sources-says

Monta traded to thw Bucks terrible trade on both sides mainly Golden State Jennings and Monta are two me first scoring players Monta Ellis has an attitude that can reflect negativley on a squad plus Brandon jennings 75% chance of going to the lakers next year. Bogut was a top 5 center when healthy but i guess obly time will tell mainly with the Bucks looking like a playoff team.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 23:24   Link #1103
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...s-sources-says

Monta traded to thw Bucks terrible trade on both sides mainly Golden State Jennings and Monta are two me first scoring players Monta Ellis has an attitude that can reflect negativley on a squad plus Brandon jennings 75% chance of going to the lakers next year. Bogut was a top 5 center when healthy but i guess obly time will tell mainly with the Bucks looking like a playoff team.
ugh, don't really know how I feel about this one. We'll see how this turns out.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 15:05   Link #1104
hinakatbklyn

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/03/14/k...s=iref:nbahpt1

If confirmed, Dantoni wasn't going to wait for the Knicks to fire him especially after 6 straight losses (and would lose the tiebreaker to Milwaukee for the final playoff spot if the season ended today).

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2012-03-14 at 15:50.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 16:58   Link #1105
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
ugh, don't really know how I feel about this one. We'll see how this turns out.
Honestly I thought it was going to be trade bait for Dwight to come to GSW, but Dwights acting like bipolar and is actually staying in Orlando!

I think it was a good trade for GSW actually. Bogut is a legit center, top 5 in the league. Don't forget that last year he was NBA all third team. Monta Ellis is a good player, but he's a bit cancerous. He doesn't make players around him better, and hes hindering the devleopment of Stephen Curry. He's an undersized 2 guard who demands the ball to thrive.

I don't know how the Bucks are going to handle Jennings and Ellis, both large undersized 1-2 guard scorers, that both demand the ball in their hands for their game.

GSW now can tank the rest of the season for this strong draft class, and hopefully if Bogut can stay healthy, can make a playoff run next year.
Old 2012-03-14, 17:50   Link #1106
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Honestly I thought it was going to be trade bait for Dwight to come to GSW, but Dwights acting like bipolar and is actually staying in Orlando!

I think it was a good trade for GSW actually. Bogut is a legit center, top 5 in the league. Don't forget that last year he was NBA all third team. Monta Ellis is a good player, but he's a bit cancerous. He doesn't make players around him better, and hes hindering the devleopment of Stephen Curry. He's an undersized 2 guard who demands the ball to thrive.

I don't know how the Bucks are going to handle Jennings and Ellis, both large undersized 1-2 guard scorers, that both demand the ball in their hands for their game.

GSW now can tank the rest of the season for this strong draft class, and hopefully if Bogut can stay healthy, can make a playoff run next year.
I really feel like this is going to turn out with us missing Bogut. Sure the guy had some injury issues the last 2 years, but dang he was a difference maker when playing. Like you said a top 5 center.

Well I'm going to the Bucks game tonight, so if Ellis plays tonight I'll get to see his first performance with us. Hasn't had any time to mesh with the team yet so it'll be interesting to see what happens is he is indeed playing tonight.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:02   Link #1107
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm hoping for the Bucks to try and keep hold of him and intigrate him into the starting line up permanently (granted he continues to play like he has). Loving how Ilyasova is getting some recognition for his performances being named player of the week. Bucks rarely ever get mentioned lest we beat a big team, like how we beat the heat twice this year.

On another note, the Bucks win and have stolen the 8th seed from the Knicks.
I wasn't smiling when they beat the Heat, but I do like to see small-market teams like the Bucks play well. Another guy I've enjoyed owning in fantasy has been Drew Gooden. Picked him up immediately after Bogut went down and he's been money.

I'm not sure what to make of this Ellis trade. Both he and Jennings should have a fun time trading hero shots.
Old 2012-03-14, 22:47   Link #1108
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Chicago Bulls vs Miami Heat two best defenses in the league!

Chicago Bulls just dominating the Heat WITH-OUT Rose! Even though the referees are blind, and are more in favor with the Heat, There letting the Heat get away with TOO many things, and giving up free opportunities.. The Bulls in my honest opinion has the best second line, and chemistry. Those who watch The Bulls would understand.

Update:
Bulls Win 102 - 106
Chicago #1 in the NBA record 36-9

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-03-14 at 23:22.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 23:31   Link #1109
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

As a Spurs fan, I am so happy with acquiring Stephen Jackson and getting rid of Richard Jefferson.

One, RJ is a terrible fit for the Spurs, and currently plays a shell of his former self despite not even being that old. He shows up empty handed in the post-season, and really can't create his own offense.

Salary wise, we clear off 12 million dollars because of RJ's contract which is a year longer than Stephen's - giving us more freedom this upcoming offseason if we choose not to resign Jackson. Also we ended up giving away TJ Ford as well, who retired, clearing off another 1-2 million.

Player-wise, Jackson is crazy, no doubt, but he trusts Pop. Both Duncan and Pop have been quoted for saying they love Stephen Jackson. People seem to forget that he won a championship ring in '03 with the Spurs, and his stellar play with the Warriors.
Old 2012-03-31, 19:30   Link #1110
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Loved Kentuck Basketball for the last few years mainly when Wall,Bledsoe,Cousins and Patterson were there. But as usual 3/4 of the team will get drafted and coach Cal will have to recruit top players hopefully they will get Shabazz Muhammed.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 00:43   Link #1111
Kaiba

As a fanatical NBA fan, I just don't understand college ball. At all. My friends have made me watch a few games, and by about 30 minutes in, I'm looking for implements to stab my eyes out with.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:59   Link #1112
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

OMG!!! Bulls where up 81-80, Lebron shot and got a 3, 30 seconds left, bulls lost possession, but regained it. then this happens!

Edit: Bulls Beat Heat in overtime 96-86

this is funny!
Why You Should Never Celebrate Too Soon

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-04-12 at 22:11.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 04:06   Link #1113
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So playoffs begin and Rose does an ACL. Bulls just had the rug pulled from underneath them big time. This fiasco of a season had better not be repeated. Wade gets injured early, Howard cops a long term, Rose is now gone for ages, CP is playing with a damged hand. That schedule was always going to lead to this.

Clippers overcoming 27 down in just over a quarter to win on the road is impressive indeed.
Old 2012-05-10, 20:53   Link #1114
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Sixers just became the 4th 8 seed to beat the 1 seed after the '94 Nuggets, the '99 Knicks, and the '07 Warriors.

Though, I imagine this was much less of an upset with the other ones due to Rose being gone.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 21:09   Link #1115
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Sixers just became the 4th 8 seed to beat the 1 seed after the '94 Nuggets, the '99 Knicks, and the '07 Warriors.

Though, I imagine this was much less of an upset with the other ones due to Rose being gone.
Rose AND Noah.

Anyways. The real pain being a Chicago person -- how close it was. All Watson had to do was hold onto the ball in the event of getting fouled - to nail clutch free throws, instead of letting Asik do it.

Oh well. Bring in the Cubs mantra: "Wait till next year..."
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:21   Link #1116
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yea give if only bulls coach did not keep rose in last few mins of game 1 then boom goes the legs ah bulls goes NO then lost 3 in row then get game 5 but game 6 ft oops & one point gone.

if bulls want to make sure get back yea

1.improve ft shots
2.working out improve rest of players
3.keep them healthy especially rose

now wait for next season oh sixers vs celtics yea looking going is anyone in east can beat the heat?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 22:23   Link #1117
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Lebron James purportedly wins his 3rd MVP Award

Key the Lebron vs. ______ arguments again
Old 2012-05-11, 23:04   Link #1118
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm sure Philly and Boston fans didn't think a conference final was on the cards this season. Yet one of them will make it.

Geez, both LA teams slide from 3-1 leads to 3-3....real shocker if they both bow out in the first round.

I'm still seeing a Miami-OKC Finals unless San Antonio brings some improved D when they inevitably face OKC. Miami know they can beat Boston and Philadelphia + should account for Indiana bar freak injury, but I think Indiana will push them.

Semi predictions:

Miami in 6
Boston in 6
OKC in 5
San Antonio in 6
Old 2012-05-12, 16:28   Link #1119
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I hope the Lakers crash out.
Old 2012-05-13, 15:39   Link #1120
yogotah

Lakers game was actually really good yesterday..they are my favorite team, so I put them over OKC.

and wow, I really think Memphis deserved that win against The Clippers..Memphis got so much heart, i'm disappointed at the way they finished out the game, horendous.
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote