AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 14:03   Link #81
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
It's incredibly offensive and I hate people who use it.

......that being said, there ARE some extreme fans who need anvils dropped on their heads.
But with younger teens, it's usually a phase they quickly grow out of.
Old 2013-01-21, 14:44   Link #82
willx
Nyaaan~~

I think derogatory labels are bad in general .. But!

Let's all admit that there are some pretty creepy people out there. Like, seriously, they freak me out .. people that have wrapped themselves so tightly into their hobbies and this personal reality based on fiction that they then overlay that over real life. It's not like I can't intellectually understand the logic of it -- considering how dull ordinary life can be perceived to be, getting enjoyment and stimuli (of all sorts..) from entertainment is all well and good, barring the fact that people can slip and fall into a trap where these fictional realities feel less real than their real lives..

tl;dr -- Everything in moderation. Calling people names is bad.. however if someone calls you a name -- you should self-reflect to make sure there isn't a reason for it.
Old 2013-01-21, 14:57   Link #83
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I generally reserve the term weaboo to individuals who try to, and act "Japanese" (however they feel that is possible) despite obviously having little knowledge on their culture or much else about anything Japanese.
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:20   Link #84
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Those three are what annoys me the most. The second one, while it is not bad as other ones, is more cringe worthy.
The 3rd reminds me of some comments during Hanasaku Iroha, where a person seemed to think one of the characters shouting "Get some! Get some! Get some!" while firing a hose at some dudewas a reference to another anime (Canaan), rather than being a full metal jacket reference (when the psycho door gunner was shooting up civilians).
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 16:53   Link #85
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
And yea, Sankaku is full of grossly biased and uninformed opinions. Swore off that place when I read people laughing at cosplays and calling them terrible just because it wasn't Asians doing them (wtf?!).
THIS. SO MUCH.

It's one of the reasons I started to dislike Sankaku. With regards to cosplay, many people automatically think that Asians are the best coslayers and are always perfect and Caucasians would always fail. Mostly it's because they compare cosplay idol pictures to casual con goer pictures.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 16:59   Link #86
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
THIS. SO MUCH.

It's one of the reasons I started to dislike Sankaku. With regards to cosplay, many people automatically think that Asians are the best coslayers and are always perfect and Caucasians would always fail. Mostly it's because they compare cosplay idol pictures to casual con goer pictures.
I know! Every single "proof" comparison ive seen that "proves" why asians are the superior race and the only ones who can ever cosplay good have been biased as fuck. They show profesional photoshoot pictures of professional models of pictures taken by pro photographers in pro lighting and that have been photoshopped out the ass for the Asian side, then turn around and show bad auto flash pictures of bad cosplays from conventions for the non-Asian side. And they dont understand how fucking biased they are being. Idiots!!

If they went to the Comic Market in Japan and looked at all those cosplays, they'd realize that Sturgeon's Law applies EVERYWHERE! There are plenty of crappy cosplays done by Japanese, probably more than American because japanese cosplay anime more since theyve been doing it for longer! And there are plenty of non-Asians who do profesional shoots too and they loook amazing! Weeaboos! Fuck!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:36   Link #87
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Everything in moderation. Calling people names is bad.. however if someone calls you a name -- you should self-reflect to make sure there isn't a reason for it.
This.

It's just another derogatory term that joins the others like fob, white washed, etc. Should not be used ever, but I'm not gonna lie, I've used some of the "less" derogatory terms (if that's even possible) under my breath. It's not that I mean to put down people, it's just weird or awkward seeing them and one just has to say it I guess. But I would definitely do and agree on with what willx said.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 20:49   Link #88
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
And I remember that Hetalia mess. Didn't it start because an episode of the anime showed some twisted version of the Rape of Nanking and made it out to be funny or Korea's fault or something? Though I commend the author for being able to poke fun at everybody with his country characters, I think he (or the anime director) should have known which spots were too sensitive to touch. Weird b/c the anime didnt even show in South Korea...

And yea, Sankaku is full of grossly biased and uninformed opinions. Swore off that place when I read people laughing at cosplays and calling them terrible just because it wasn't Asians doing them (wtf?!).
I do not believe it was that serious. I really didn't care about Hetalia itself as I didn't see anything that was offensive. But, the reaction overall was just appalling to me, talking about hating an entire country or talking about bombing it because someone spoke bad about their anime. It was just too ridiculous and absurd for me.
Old 2013-01-22, 05:37   Link #89
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
It doesn't annoy us actually, its more just hilarious than anything, because they look. . .well ridiculous, AND they have the black style down. . .that was the style in 1995 Most black folks aren't worried about those guys. usually they are either REALLY FUNNY, or pretty chill

. . .but usually pretty funny

I remember when I went to Osaka (to escape the radiation -.-) met up with some friends there and went to a club, and we met these dudes tryin to act black, and first they said that one of us looked like ice cube, asked us if we had a gun, and was mimicking gun violence or whatever, saying yo yo yo, check it out etc. . .which SOUNDS pretty racist. . .but they just looked really ridiculous(we found it hilarious actually) especially upon finding out that they were in their mid 30s still living with their parents and really didn't have an actual job (they were working part time somewhere).(yeah living with your parents till marriage in Japan is a cultural thing but still) it was just hilarious!

there also ARE RICH kids that do this, and do it to the extreme, to the point where they buy low rider cars and cruise around Shibuya at night with their girls...

which looks pretty cool because. . .well you know they are rich!
That it so racist. They are loser douchebag motherfuckers, don't listen to them. Still live with their mommys, hahaha! losers. Youre way cooler than they could even ever imagine to ever be.

Why would they ask if u have a gun??? So you can shoot them? They wanna c how it feels to get shot and spitted on?? Well they are close.
Old 2013-01-22, 09:11   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I know! Every single "proof" comparison ive seen that "proves" why asians are the superior race and the only ones who can ever cosplay good have been biased as fuck. They show profesional photoshoot pictures of professional models of pictures taken by pro photographers in pro lighting and that have been photoshopped out the ass for the Asian side, then turn around and show bad auto flash pictures of bad cosplays from conventions for the non-Asian side. And they dont understand how fucking biased they are being. Idiots!!

If they went to the Comic Market in Japan and looked at all those cosplays, they'd realize that Sturgeon's Law applies EVERYWHERE! There are plenty of crappy cosplays done by Japanese, probably more than American because japanese cosplay anime more since theyve been doing it for longer! And there are plenty of non-Asians who do profesional shoots too and they loook amazing! Weeaboos! Fuck!
Funny how 99% of the stuff other than cosplay that I see on Sankaku paint Japan and Asia in general in a degrading light...

Quote:
But, the reaction overall was just appalling to me, talking about hating an entire country or talking about bombing it because someone spoke bad about their anime
Just like people who call for the nuking of some shrine and the city it's in or who hold church masses calling for the sinking of the Japan Home Islands in support of their Mainland brothers. No side is clean in this

People who call for war and the destruction of another nation despite never having been in the military, let alone the fucking frontlines or experienced a firebombing up close should be autoclaved alive like the pathogens they are
Old 2013-01-22, 09:35   Link #91
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Funny how 99% of the stuff other than cosplay that I see on Sankaku paint Japan and Asia in general in a degrading light...
I didnt stick around long enough to notice that, but yeah, that is funny.

Really? They say so much about how they love Japanese cartoons so much then hate on Japan? Meh, I bet they just use stuff like that for their god awful yellow journalism that always, no matter what, manages to involve sex and a picture of mostly naked woman in the title.
Old 2013-01-22, 09:47   Link #92
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Sankaku is HILARIOUS. I think the authors purposely wrote it in the trollish and sarcastic way to garner hits.

There is always a massive dose of irony and caustic sarcasm in the posts, although politically incorrect. If I guess, it is meant to jab at the otherwise straight laced nature of the Japanese society.

Quote:
Just like people who call for the nuking of some shrine and the city it's in or who hold church masses calling for the sinking of the Japan Home Islands in support of their Mainland brothers. No side is clean in this

People who call for war and the destruction of another nation despite never having been in the military, let alone the fucking frontlines or experienced a firebombing up close should be autoclaved alive like the pathogens they are
There ARE people who have been in the military and still call for war and destruction - China, for example, has no lack of military academics who call for the "suppression of bad talk of China" by launching forces on the erstwise regions. America too, have retired ex-military nuts with the "America Fuck Yeah" mentality who demonstrate for the "Rolling Thunder" to be brought on against their "foes".

Russians seem to be the most level headed of the bunch though. And having the cuddliest lolis available out of all the superpowers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 10:12   Link #93
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

There ARE people who have been in the military and still call for war and destruction - China, for example, has no lack of military academics who call for the "suppression of bad talk of China" by launching forces on the erstwise regions. America too, have retired ex-military nuts with the "America Fuck Yeah" mentality who demonstrate for the "Rolling Thunder" to be brought on against their "foes".

Russians seem to be the most level headed of the bunch though. And having the cuddliest lolis available out of all the superpowers.
Those people can be fought with on a battlefield and you'd at least feel some sense of...martial pride in facing them, even if all you want to do is strangle them with their own intestines. The coward activists and civilian rabble? Ugh...just disgust.
Old 2013-01-22, 10:57   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Those people can be fought with on a battlefield and you'd at least feel some sense of...martial pride in facing them, even if all you want to do is strangle them with their own intestines. The coward activists and civilian rabble? Ugh...just disgust.
There are non-military nuts on every side that wants some sort of "show of force". Most of ex-military have the "enough is enough" mentality and when faced with the prospect of reservist or war, they just want to "get over it and out of my life asap".

Remember the hawk who got sacked from the JASDF who held a protest? There ARE ex-military hawks that are reminiscent of Major Kong from Dr Strangelove. These crazies are everywhere.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-22, 20:25   Link #95
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Sankaku is bad....but Encyclopedia Dramatica is worse.

Quote:
Let's all admit that there are some pretty creepy people out there. Like, seriously, they freak me out .. people that have wrapped themselves so tightly into their hobbies and this personal reality based on fiction that they then overlay that over real life.
Yes....like I said, some anvils need to be dropped. >_>
Old 2013-01-23, 00:56   Link #96
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Sankaku is bad....but Encyclopedia Dramatica is worse.

Yes....like I said, some anvils need to be dropped. >_>
ED's not gone yet? By far the hugest poopoo-hole on the web.. Cant wait for when someone files libel against them. We'll all be relived.
Old 2013-01-23, 02:02   Link #97
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

As a Japanese, it's INCREDIBLY ANNOYING to have someone walk up to me and throw random terribily placed, otaku-flavored Japanese words, in absolute terrible pronunciation, and completely out of place in context.
In those times, words like 'weeaboo' does cross my mind.

You wanna hear genuine "Japanese and English mashed up" conversation, just watch me talk to my mother and sisters.

Then again, I'm also terribly annoyed when I correct someone or provide information to be called a weeaboo.
I understand you can't see "race" through the mask of the internet, but seriously, STFU.

As for the usage of the word.. In general any insults are obviously not going to be plesantly recieved, duh.
Old 2013-01-23, 02:51   Link #98
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
As a Japanese, it's INCREDIBLY ANNOYING to have someone walk up to me and throw random terribily placed, otaku-flavored Japanese words, in absolute terrible pronunciation, and completely out of place in context.

You wanna hear genuine "Japanese and English mashed up" conversation, just watch me talk to my mother and sisters.

Then again, I'm also terribly annoyed when I correct someone or provide information to be called a weeaboo.
I understand you can't see "race" through the mask of the internet, but seriously, STFU.

As for the usage of the word.. In general any insults are obviously not going to be plesantly recieved, duh.
Like this?

Old 2013-01-23, 04:09   Link #99
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Ooh, did someone do that to you?? Thats terrible! Dont listen to them, theyre losers and need to grow up!
Old 2013-01-23, 04:23   Link #100
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Ooh, did someone do that to you?? Thats terrible! Dont listen to them, theyre losers and need to grow up!
Please don't bait him into ranting about how Japanese youth nowadays are so soft to the extent of dressing as traps.