Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 15:56   Link #101
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyw1988
I haven't got my hands on vol 9 yet but i'll bet that picture doesn't go as far as *ehem ehem*... I reckon louise just allowed saito to sleep with her instead of on the floor. Simple as that :P... Am i right sushi?
They've been sleeping together since vol.3. A long time ago from vol.9's standpoint (by vol.9, Saito will have been in Halkeginia for almost a year).

I'll leave it to you to guess what that picture might mean. But be assured, they were NOT "just sleeping".

I'm actually not sure if it's alright for them to go that far though...
Spoiler for talking to myself, vol.9 spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
sorry! but that's a fanart pic. IT'S NOT FROM THE NOVEL OR MANGA!
That's odd, because it's right there on page 15 of vol.9 though. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
About to start: 終わりのクロニカル, 灼眼のシャナ, and とらドラ!
Shana's new volume (XIII) just came out too. It's interesting to compare Shana with this novel. It's hard to believe, but Shana is actually far less volatile than Louise. (At least Shana doesn't rear spin kick the Yuuji's crotch )

You won't be disappointed with Chronicle. If you can make it through the first volume (the writing might take some adjusting to, but you will get used to it), you'll find a really deep and interesting novel. The humor is just to my liking too, I love how every single person (and I mean every single one) in the novel is capable of being both a tsukkomi and boke. ^^; The characters are amazing too, unlike most novels, where the "main cast" is pretty much determined from the beginning, new people keep showing up all the time in this novel. On top of that, they're all so lovable. ^^

I'm on vol.3 right now, Mikage~

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-09-27 at 16:30.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 20:16   Link #102
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
I wonder now just whatstory arcs can the author come out with ZnT... Still waiting for my vol 9... Since the letter box is still empty now i guess i'll have to wait till next week O|-|_
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 21:23   Link #103
Srin Tuar
無謀

How did you get your hands on the book so quickly?

I'm halfway through volume 2 of Toaru, its not bad, but I would put it on pause in a heartbeat to read volume 9 of ZnT.

Quote:
Shana's new volume (XIII) just came out too.
Whew, that reminds me that catching up on shana is going to be a long road. If I order one volume a month then I still wont have caught up by this time next year.

Quote:
You won't be disappointed with Chronicle.
Hehe, your descriptions have me intrigued.
I look forward to talking about it
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 06:40   Link #104
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

In any case, I finished vol.9. The spoiler tabs all contain vol.9 contents, so don't read them unless you already read the volume/don't mind.

This volume proved once again why people call Yamaguchi-san the best writer when it comes to tsundere. Louise's tsundere-ism is unparalleled.

Anyway, I agree with (MOON PHASE's) cyan-san when he said that this volume is filled with developments that's going to attract either a lot of positive or negative reviews. Personally, there are a lot of parts that were very fun and entertaining to read. But on the downside, some of the developments really disappointed me.

To be fair, this was a great volume overall, despite the disappointing parts, I really enjoyed it. If the anime covered up to vol.8. This volume would've been perfect as a 2-hour movie (the last portion of the volume would've made a great finale).

The new developments were interesting, mainly because it focused on Saito for once.
Spoiler:

There were quite a few rofl moments in the volume too. Yamaguchi-san's humor at it's best.
Spoiler:

For the most part, the volume's focus remained on Saito's new status and Louise's own feelings. But the last part did push the story forward a bit, with the "enemy" finally making her move again. The thing with Tabitha... well, the development was interesting, but it looks like it'll be a while before we can learn her full story.

Lastly,
Spoiler:

Now then, to the disappointing parts.

To begin with, this is a Louise-centered volume, no doubt about it. The spotlight is on Louise, to a point where the other heroines are practically being shunned. For Louise-fans, this is not a problem. But for fans of other heroines (especially Henrietta), it leaves a bit of a bad aftertaste.
Spoiler:

Now then, the setup for the journey East is complete. But considering Saito's new duties, I wonder if he can make that trip anytime soon... Next volume would be nice.
Old 2006-09-28, 08:29   Link #105
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
*reads all thr spoilers*

Old 2006-10-10, 09:12   Link #106
RonaldC

Onizuka-GTO, I'm reading the Zero No Tsukaima light novel on your project site.

I can translate Chinese but not Japanese, unfortunately.

Anyway, a big thank you to you guys for giving the effort to translating the novel. I, for one appreciate it!
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 21:02   Link #107
Srin Tuar
無謀

I just got my volume 9.
Im truely torn as to whether or not to read it immediately or wait until I finish Owari first.
I know that Ill just end up in withdrawal symptoms again, with many months to wait for a new book.

On the bright side, apparently there is going to be a Tabasa Gaiden released october 25th. Looks like there will at least be something tasty to tide me over
Old 2006-10-12, 16:25   Link #108
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
I just got my volume 9.
Im truely torn as to whether or not to read it immediately or wait until I finish Owari first.
I know that Ill just end up in withdrawal symptoms again, with many months to wait for a new book.
遅ーい!早く読め!読んでくれたまえ!読み終わったら感想を書け!と言ってみる。

I don't usually get withdrawals myself because there's always something else for me to read. Besides, Zero is the kind of novel that tends to end cleanly after every volume, so you don't have to worry about cliffhangers much.

Although I will admit that vol.9, despite having a really good start, left a pretty bad aftertaste when it ended (see my comments above, after you're finished too I guess).

Quote:
On the bright side, apparently there is going to be a Tabasa Gaiden released october 25th. Looks like there will at least be something tasty to tide me over
You mean this?

The side story is being serialized (every Tuesday) here:
https://www.sigmabook.jp/news/saikyo_release.html
It's a site that features reading materials targeted for the FOMA series of cellphones (I don't think you can get the service overseas).

The book edition is probably going to be a compilation of the first 20(?) serializations (3 chapters) of the side story.

Besides being able to see Tabitha in action, there are a lot of nice tidbits on her and Sylphid too. ^^

===================
How far along are you with Chronicle? Still on the first book? Have you gotten to Setsu yet? ~~~ *holds back urge to spoil everything*
Old 2006-10-14, 10:43   Link #109
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Although I will admit that vol.9, despite having a really good start, left a pretty bad aftertaste when it ended (see my comments above, after you're finished too I guess).
Hrm, 意外.
I havent read any of the volume 9 spoilers yet, but I suppose I'll be able to comment soon enough

Quote:
How far along are you with Chronicle? Still on the first book? Have you gotten to Setsu yet? ~~~ *holds back urge to spoil everything*

I've only read the first two chapters.
風邪を引いて読めなくなって最近あわれな状態だったのだ。
復活して、ゼロに乗り換えようと思ったけど。。。
オワリも面白いけど、SFにはちょっと慣れてなくて、つい
Old 2006-10-15, 22:35   Link #110
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Hrm, 意外.
I havent read any of the volume 9 spoilers yet, but I suppose I'll be able to comment soon enough
Well, I did mention the bad aftertaste thing in my vol.9 post up there. Although I suppose it's not intolerable if you're not a Henrietta fan. I simply didn't like how certain heroines got "used" just for the sake of testing (and ultimately strengthening) Louise and Saito's bond, that's all. It's almost as if Louise is the only main heroine, and all the other girls are really just supporting roles after all (which isn't wrong per se, but still).

Quote:
I've only read the first two chapters.
風邪を引いて読めなくなって最近あわれな状態だったのだ。
復活して、ゼロに乗り換えようと思ったけど。。。
オワリも面白いけど、SFにはちょっと慣れてなくて、つい
Spoiler for off topic:
Old 2006-10-16, 15:32   Link #111
Srin Tuar
無謀

Finally got a chance to read it!

Spoiler for volume9:

I'll go back to Owari next I suppose
Old 2006-10-16, 23:23   Link #112
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Spoiler tag conversation ( ・ω・ )

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-10-16 at 23:34.
Old 2006-10-17, 14:17   Link #113
Srin Tuar
無謀

Spoiler for volume9:
Old 2006-10-21, 03:16   Link #114
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I would read volume 10 right now if I could.
It'll be a few months wait, the average time for a new volume to be released is about 3-4 months. So... December?

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Off topic:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-23, 00:37   Link #115
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
According to the publisher (Media Factory) there are 3 light novels under its male oriented light novel label MF Bunko J that are very popular: Kamisama Kazoku, Kage Kara Mamoru!, and of course Zero no Tsukaima.

And the three of them got animated

The publisher mentioned that these three are very popular under its label (MF Bunko J), which means these three are popular compared to the other light novels that are published under the same label. it wasn't mentioned how popular these light novels are compared to other light novels published under other labels.

I think I have mentioned this before ^^;;
I've noticed a pattern here. All 3 have a pink haired female lead. All 3 have a male leader that likes BLUE.

Blue+Pink=love

I'm sure.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 08:40   Link #116
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:

Spoiler:
It seems interesting, I think you've shown it to me before.
A fan made video with some text images and music.
I'm assuming they just scanned images from the novels then added text and what looks like C code in the background. (much like a flash video)
Old 2006-10-26, 14:40   Link #117
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Where do you download or read the novel?
shinobiknight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 16:10   Link #118
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
Where do you download or read the novel?
amazon.co.jp

The shipping time is not bad, it averages about 2-3 weeks for me
Old 2006-10-26, 18:15   Link #119
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
amazon.co.jp

The shipping time is not bad, it averages about 2-3 weeks for me
Oh thanks, but I can only read English. Hurr, I wish was multi-lingual.

Are there like any, um, what do you call it, fansubs? Or some translated version?
shinobiknight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 00:44   Link #120
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
Oh thanks, but I can only read English. Hurr, I wish was multi-lingual.

Are there like any, um, what do you call it, fansubs? Or some translated version?
YEs, there is a group doing that. I forgot the name but i'll send u a pm once i do
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen