AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 17:26   Link #81
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
The stealth element was introduced with the 'Hide' skill though I don't know if you can move while being hidden.
Asuna used to play barefoot in the game to avoid making noises IIRC
form the side stories, Hide is only effective against certain enemies.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:38   Link #82
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Specifically, enemies that rely on sight to track targets. Enemies that don't rely on sight, but on other parameters, are immune to hiding skill.

It's like being in a stealth fighter that has no radar signature, but is putting out a lot of heat.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 04:44   Link #83
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

The hide skill can be countered with the search skill so it's not really that great
Old 2012-07-19, 07:03   Link #84
Hmm....

I think it's great in many instance where you are ganged by normal mobs. Isn't that main purpose of getting this skill ?
My guess is that not many mob have no eyes in SAO. Koper is just........unlucky
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:05   Link #85
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

He was rather evil I think
Old 2012-07-19, 21:55   Link #86
Calca
Expressionless

Here's mine:

First to those saying they would simply become crafters and stay in the city to make uber gear. That is a bit hard to do since in MMOs you have to venture out to get the raw materials. Even if you do that in a situation like this, there are no new characters coming in, so by staying in the city, every other character will either level up passed where the materials you have access to are not useful anymore, or they will be killed. If you want to make good gear, you have to level up yourself to get the better raw materials.

I played WoW a lot and was one of the best healers on my server so in a generic RPG I would probably be a healer, but in SAO there is no magic. With this, I would definitely become a dual dagger user because they are always quick and can usually do heavy damage in a small amount of time while being agile enough to dodge slow but high damage attacks and are usually able to run away when need be.

For my profession I would probably become an alchemist type. With elixirs and potions in an RPG where they would be in very high demand (especially healing potions) this would be a good way to make a living. Given the possibilities of potions out there you have pretty much an infinite way to combine your mixes to get incredible abilities for a limited time. There may even be an elixir of life that can stop someone from dying if they reach zero HP if used within a certain amount of time.

Last edited by Calca; 2012-07-20 at 01:26.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 00:45   Link #87
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
The poster did not specify that he wants a SAO world survival strategy discussion (which he totally could have) so I'm just voicing my doubt.
I apologize, the topic was made when I was half asleep and monir put me on the spot to make an opening post so I just threw a couple thoughts together for it without really getting a chance to think about it.

I edited my post to be more clear. Hopefully those who made posts outside of what I meant will see it.
Old 2012-07-21, 03:10   Link #88
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

For me, I'm so much of an all-rounder that I don't actually know what class actually suits me best. However, for SAO, everyone uses swords, so that eliminates the trouble of choosing.

I would be giving myself only 4 hours of sleep, and a typical day for me will be:

Midnight - 4am: Sleep.
4am - 6am: Morning training.
6am - 6.30am: Breakfast
6.30am - 10am: Morning training 2
10am to 12pm: Crafting skills training
12pm to 12.30pm: Lunch
12.30pm to 3pm: Afternoon Training
3pm to 6pm: Crafting skills training
6pm to 6.30pm: Dinner
6.30pm to 7.30pm: Marketplace trading.
7.30pm to Midnight: Night training.

Of course, I would most likely end up being a solo player. If anyone asks me to join their guild, well, I don't know if I will though.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 09:41   Link #89
Irisu
フフリ

I think I would chicken out and leave clearing the game to Korean-tier grinders.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 09:48   Link #90
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I think you would die of over fatigue in the real world. But guess the pots will do it work. I like the scheduling because you focus more in mastering and sharping your skills. Just add more like 2-3 hours to your sleeping and that'll be good...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:48   Link #91
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeirin View Post
I think I would chicken out and leave clearing the game to Korean-tier grinders.
but unless you go earn some cash you will be hungry all the time and sleeping in the streets.
Old 2012-07-25, 13:13   Link #92
shadow1296

question is there an archery skill in soa (yes i know its not sword but niether are spears axes or maces)? because archery combined with hide skill is usaully potent combo most rpg's so it should work well in soa as well
Old 2012-07-25, 13:26   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
question is there an archery skill in soa (yes i know its not sword but niether are spears axes or maces)? because archery combined with hide skill is usaully potent combo most rpg's so it should work well in soa as well
no range weapons other Knife Throw.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:32   Link #94
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
For me, I'm so much of an all-rounder that I don't actually know what class actually suits me best. However, for SAO, everyone uses swords, so that eliminates the trouble of choosing.

I would be giving myself only 4 hours of sleep, and a typical day for me will be:

Of course, I would most likely end up being a solo player. If anyone asks me to join their guild, well, I don't know if I will though.
Your schedule is well organized but too intense.You will burn yourself out and in this game it's always best to be in your top condition.Your tiredness can be your downfall.

6am to 6:30 Breakfast
6:30 am to 12.am Morning training
Every hour I would rest 10-15 minutes
12pm to 1pm lunch and equipment repairs if necessary
1pm to 7.30pm Afternoon Training
7:30 pm to 9 pm Crafting skills training
9pm to 9:30 pm dinner
9:30 to 10pm inventory and equipment management
10pm to 6 am sleep
Old 2012-07-26, 11:17   Link #95
Awrya
U mad?

While most people train during the day, did anyone else think of training during night? With most people camping areas with best experience during the day, during night those spots would be free.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:26   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
While most people train during the day, did anyone else think of training during night? With most people camping areas with best experience during the day, during night those spots would be free.
probably a few but most people do have a natural aversion to night time.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:28   Link #97
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
probably a few but most people do have a natural aversion to night time.
Good early on, bad when the orange/red guilds pop up later on once their personalities open up to the place.

For me, I don't think I'll be able to sleep much if I know that I'm trapped in a virtual world where the only ways out are to win or die. Knowing me, I'll probably do my utmost to clear the game as soon as possible, even if it means having to go against those in my way.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 16:50   Link #98
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Good early on, bad when the orange/red guilds pop up later on once their personalities open up to the place.

For me, I don't think I'll be able to sleep much if I know that I'm trapped in a virtual world where the only ways out are to win or die. Knowing me, I'll probably do my utmost to clear the game as soon as possible, even if it means having to go against those in my way.
Yeah, to be honest, when you actually think seriously through the SAO scenario and the rules and dangers.. Other than perhaps being a tiny bit "too" lonerish, Kirito actually did what most reasonable, sharp-minded and strategic people would do..

Reminds me when I used to play an old MUD (I'm surely making myself sound old now) ..

I was a pretty timid player at low levels, but leveled slowly but surely, mostly solo, and explored the world as much as I could to familiarize myself with quests, drops and easy XP mobs..

And then I slowly but surely become one of the highest level people on the server, and was champion of my own guild with "unique" weapons! -- seems like people cared less about "balance" in those kind of worlds versus the MMOs we have nowadays..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 16:03   Link #99
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

It's true that while there are less people during nighttime it's safer to play during the day to avoid player killers and nights also have a negative effect on the mind we tend to be less vigilant than during daytime.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:00   Link #100
Calca
Expressionless

Is PKing even allowed in SAO because that actually is a huge factor in something like this. Or do you have to agree to duel?