AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 20:47   Link #1141
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Heats will since I am a Lakers fan, no I don't. Any teams that isn't the Lakers get the same answer from me, but when the Lakers is out then it is a matter of choice. Though I live in Miami, never was a fan of Miami, if I had to pick a team to win right now it is the Spurs. The reason being is because that is a ideal team, strong front court and strong bench. It is a dream team.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:52   Link #1142
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Miami up by 2 at halftime. Lebron is the only one firing so far tonight for Miami, Wade is quiet atm. As I suspected, Garnett is having the most impact for Boston. Pierce is being effective mainly by attrition rather than accuracy and Allen is way off the mark. If Wade wakes up and they keep Rondo under wraps, Miami should take it.
Old 2012-05-28, 20:55   Link #1143
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Heats will since I am a Lakers fan, no I don't. Any teams that isn't the Lakers get the same answer from me, but when the Lakers is out then it is a matter of choice. Though I live in Miami, never was a fan of Miami, if I had to pick a team to win right now it is the Spurs. The reason being is because that is a ideal team, strong front court and strong bench. It is a dream team.
Hey I think the Spurs are done they lost to the heat its now the Heat against the Celtics eastern conference finals 2012 .
Old 2012-05-28, 21:04   Link #1144
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

If the Spurs does go off to the finals and faces either Heat or Celtics, my vote goes to Spurs. Me favoring them is only because I like what the team is composed up. Strong front count, back court, and bench. Celitcs and Heats live off their main superstars, if superstars are ineffective they probably got no back ups for them to score. The Spurs has a team with all weapons, if the starters can't get it done the bench can bail them out.
Old 2012-05-28, 21:21   Link #1145
sky black swordman

Quote:
If the Spurs does go off to the finals and faces either Heat or Celtics, my vote goes to Spurs. Me favoring them is only because I like what the team is composed up. Strong front count, back court, and bench. Celitcs and Heats live off their main superstars, if superstars are ineffective they probably got no back ups for them to score. The Spurs has a team with all weapons, if the starters can't get it done the bench can bail them out.
Are you talk about the future matches for 2012-2013 season because the Spurs were already out this year . The last game whcih was game 6 it was on last friday. They lost to the heat.

eastern conference finals are being played right not by the Heat and the Celtics .
Old 2012-05-28, 21:28   Link #1146
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am talking about the current playoffs. Spurs leads the series against the Thunders currently and the Heats look like the will be leading the series against the Celtics.
Old 2012-05-28, 22:27   Link #1147
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wade woke up in the 2nd half, Heat win by 14. Good start. Somewhat startling how many easy paint/layup points Miami got despite not having Bosh and not getting much of a transition game going tonight. Guess age is finally bringing the Celtics back to earth.
Old 2012-05-28, 23:56   Link #1148
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Are you talk about the future matches for 2012-2013 season because the Spurs were already out this year . The last game whcih was game 6 it was on last friday. They lost to the heat.

eastern conference finals are being played right not by the Heat and the Celtics .
Western Conference Finals: Spurs vs Thunder
Eastern Conference Finals: Celtics vs heat

2012 Playoffs.

And as an extra note, I think Kobe's done @ 5 rings.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 01:47   Link #1149
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Does anyone think the Lakers can bounce back to a Championship team, can the Bulls get a solid back up for Rose if his injury persists, and which team would make the best off season progress?
IMHO, the Lakers need:

1. A strong PG to direct the Laker offense so Kobe doesn't have to call the plays himself. The offense almost always revolve around him, anyway. I mean, 42 points and ZERO assists? Come on, Kobe. You need to pass that ball. I'm sure some fans shook their heads when CP3 went to the Clips instead of the Lakers.

2. A hardworking big man who's huge on the rebounding hustle, unlike what some fans say about the twin towers Bynum and Gasol (they say Bynum is too lazy to rebound the ball, and then Gasol is so freaking S.O.F.T.). That said, it's no wonder some fans are clamoring to get Dwight Howard to play for the Lakers.

3. Strong bench. The Lakers have the worst bench production this season.

Bulls, they would need a scoring SG so the offense doesn't always have to revolve around Rose. Without a real scorer, Rose has to work harder on the offense as a combo guard, setting up plays and scoring at the same time.

About the Spurs, yeah, what a team. Big 3 of Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker; very productive bench. I just thought it would be boring if the Spurs win it all (yawn, oldies win the championship again), but maybe it's just me jumping on the Thunder-Lakers-Celtics-Heat bandwagon.

I really can't say who would make the most off-season progress, except maybe the team who will get the best player in the upcoming draft (and it's not always even the #1 pick IMHO).
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 03:02   Link #1150
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
My Q is do you want the heat to win? I dont . Why because the King spoke "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'".
lol

1/ It's not like they ever could've done that in the first place, Riles the Don took a risk and it came off.

2/ Bird and Magic's Celtic and Lakers 80's team were stacked with hall of famers, don't even compare Lebron on the cavs to the star studded casts Magic and Bird played with. The cavs could've got Amare for JJ Hickson but instead settled for Jamison, who can blame him for leaving? Heck the last lottery pick they had after Lebron was a complete dud.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 04:02   Link #1151
sky black swordman

Hey sorry guys about the Spurs thing. Kinda confused them with the Pacers . Its a bad on my part but sorry It happens when I dont get enough Sleep.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:03   Link #1152
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Bird's Boston team also had Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson, Chris Ford amongst others. Lakers had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Byron Scott, A.C. Green, James Worthy.

Those were darn good full teams. Miami is 3 leading roles and understudies. Not fair to compare. Miami's task is tougher by far.
Old 2012-05-30, 03:48   Link #1153
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And in Game 2 comes the kind of score I was expecting in the West. 120-111. You'd be lucky to see a team crack 100 in the East finals. But on the flipside, Miami would surely offer a more formidable defense and causes more 80-90 point games in the finale.

Speaking of teams on the rise - the Clippers are the team to watch for me. For a team with that much youth thrown together and able to make the second round in their first year together - they're exciting and they have star power to draw in fans and ratings now. What they need now is a better defense and to become more clinical. Emotion got the better of them against the Spurs. They could have won two games against them but lost the plot. But they will have learned from this and be better for it. In the East, Indiana are enticing but they need a top echelon player. They're consistent and have depth, but that James/Wade/Durant/Griffin/Howard level player, they don't have.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:52   Link #1154
judasmartel
*Author

Sixers in the East for me, although they kinda lucked out when D-Rose got injured in Game 1 of the First Round. With D-Rose gone, it looked like the Bulls were the 8-seed instead of the Sixers. This young team put off a good defensive battle against the aging Celtics and took them to 7 games.

I also agree with the Pacers being one of the teams of the future in the East. As Last Sinner said above, they just need a top player. But then again, I was reminded of the David-and-Goliath match-up that was the 2004 Finals.

With the older stars gone soon, I can see a lot of new teams (and old teams forgotten due to playoff droughts) in the playoffs, and the new teams to beat (Heat, Thunder, Pacers, Sixers, and maybe the Kings and the Wolves if they're lucky) in the playoffs 5-10 years from now.
Old 2012-05-30, 14:18   Link #1155
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol

1/ It's not like they ever could've done that in the first place, Riles the Don took a risk and it came off.

2/ Bird and Magic's Celtic and Lakers 80's team were stacked with hall of famers, don't even compare Lebron on the cavs to the star studded casts Magic and Bird played with. The cavs could've got Amare for JJ Hickson but instead settled for Jamison, who can blame him for leaving? Heck the last lottery pick they had after Lebron was a complete dud.
This.

I love the hypocrisy of the basketball world when it comes to LeBron, especially in terms of criticism of him for teaming with Wade and Bosh. There have been numerous title-winning dynamic duos or terrific threesomes in NBA history.

Looking forward to tonight. I don't see the Celtics getting bounced without a fight, but they're simply too banged up do much damage, especially if both Wade and LeBron play to their full capabilities.
Old 2012-05-30, 15:03   Link #1156
word sux

celtics need to play gritty even if the refs are on the heat's payroll. they need to bang with the heat because when you get physical with them they only know how to cry about it.

I really hope the celtics knock out the heat.
Old 2012-05-31, 03:32   Link #1157
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So much for low scoring...Rondo with a career high 44. But the Heat rally to win 115-111 in overtime. Notably Chalmers and Haslem chipped in big to help the rally while Boston's bench was a joke. 7 points from a bench in a conference final?! This was their best chance to win a road game but Rondo didnt get enough support. Seriously, Rondo shoots 66% but Garnett is only 33% against a Bosh-less Miami?! Pierce and Allen are also not accurate enough - I get Allen is injured but Pierce is normally a 4th quarter terror. Unlike him to have efficiency that low. And Garnett, seriously, if Rondo got that many dunks and layups in a game, why aren't you?

But that's what I wanted. The real key for Miami now is to avoid injury and hope the West finals go to at least 6 games to give Bosh time to heal. Missing Bosh against Duncan or Harding/Ibaka will be fatal.

Draft lottery happened. New Orleans gets the top pick, Charlotte gets #2.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:17   Link #1158
judasmartel
*Author

So what single player position do you think all the NBA teams need in order to improve next season, especially the non-playoff teams? If one is not enough, you may add one or two more.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:09   Link #1159
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So what single player position do you think all the NBA teams need in order to improve next season, especially the non-playoff teams? If one is not enough, you may add one or two more.
A definite must will be point guard play because the rules have changed so much that point guards are pretty much more favored for their driving ability. In the NBA, my opinion on the level of competition at each positions are in decreasing order: PG, PF, SF, SG, C. If you can get a solid player at the last three positions, it's fine, but the current trend does favor the point guard because players nowadays prefer to have the ball in their hands rather than moving without the ball. PFs are the secondary options on most teams unless you're the mavs or the wolves (raptors don't count since I count bargnani as a center)

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
IMHO, the Lakers need:

1. A strong PG to direct the Laker offense so Kobe doesn't have to call the plays himself. The offense almost always revolve around him, anyway. I mean, 42 points and ZERO assists? Come on, Kobe. You need to pass that ball. I'm sure some fans shook their heads when CP3 went to the Clips instead of the Lakers.

2. A hardworking big man who's huge on the rebounding hustle, unlike what some fans say about the twin towers Bynum and Gasol (they say Bynum is too lazy to rebound the ball, and then Gasol is so freaking S.O.F.T.). That said, it's no wonder some fans are clamoring to get Dwight Howard to play for the Lakers.

3. Strong bench. The Lakers have the worst bench production this season.

Bulls, they would need a scoring SG so the offense doesn't always have to revolve around Rose. Without a real scorer, Rose has to work harder on the offense as a combo guard, setting up plays and scoring at the same time.

About the Spurs, yeah, what a team. Big 3 of Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker; very productive bench. I just thought it would be boring if the Spurs win it all (yawn, oldies win the championship again), but maybe it's just me jumping on the Thunder-Lakers-Celtics-Heat bandwagon.

I really can't say who would make the most off-season progress, except maybe the team who will get the best player in the upcoming draft (and it's not always even the #1 pick IMHO).
1. Offense really looks stagnant. The lakers' offense was pretty much summed up as this.

Step 1: Give Kobe the ball
Step 2: Pass inside to the big men.
Step 3: If they can't score, give Kobe back the ball.
Step 4: Try and score within the last 5 seconds of the shot clock.

I actually preferred the time when Sessions came in with his fast offense, but he regressed quite a bit when he was told to slow down.

2. I do like Jordan Hill's hustle on the team. Personally, I do feel that the twin tower effect would be very effective if the bigs will just hustle. 1999 and 2003 Spurs championships, David Robinson and Tim Duncan. These two guys wre the focal point of the team at that time, and they were very dominant; why? Because they hustled. Of course, it was almost impossible for them to win against the lakers in 2000-02 when Shaq was in his prime, but the Spurs back then are showing the twin tower effect done right. Gasol's not very aggressive, and Bynum pretty much only thinks about scoring. (Remember, the lakers went on a 17-1 run after the all-star break in 2011 when Bynum decided to play defense, and the team they lost to was the heat when Bosh dominated them.)

3. Bench? Almost non-existant. The lone spark on the bench to me was Goudelock, and even he was limited not by his play, but by the minutes.

4. About the bulls, either SG or SF. Deng's an all-star, and Noah's a tough defender. Boozer's a little too overpaid at this point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol

Speaking about the '80s lakers and Celtics, don't forget the Pistons, the Trail Blazers and the 76ers back then. The NBA's talent level was really concentrated back then when there were fewer franchises. (especially when compared to the East in the 90s when the Bulls were the team. What's after the Bulls or the Knicks?)

My pick for the championship will be the Spurs. Looking at the game (tapes), they really executed their philosophy they had been doing ever since Popovich joined them. It's boring, but I'll take that kind of win anytime, anyday. Of course, that might change since the ball is so round it can fall either in or out of the net, but that's my primary pick for now.

And why do you guys keep calling Harden Harding? I might end up translating Ro-Kyu-Bu! at this rate...

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2012-05-31 at 11:20.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 18:02   Link #1160
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
And why do you guys keep calling Harden Harding? I might end up translating Ro-Kyu-Bu! at this rate...
Spoiler for Like this?: