AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 20:48   Link #5361
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Regarding the DRAGOON system it looks like it's actually controlled through the G.U.N.D.A.M. operatype system rather than psychic powers considering how nobody managed to use their special awareness in combat for none other than sensing who is who (Kira learning Neo's identity is the only way in which it helped).

The few mobile suits with DRAGOON are Rau's Providence, Sting's Chaos, Kira's upgraded Freedom, the Akatsuki (which was used by both Cagalii and Mu) and the Legend (which was first aimed towards Athrun who had no special awareness).
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 21:33   Link #5362
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Spatial awareness allowed Mu to use the gunbarrels of his Mobius Zero. Spatial awareness is just that, awareness of the space around us. There's nothing psychic in nature about it. Also, amaterasu4, keep in mind that while Cagalli did use the Akatsuki, she did not use the module that included its DRAGOON units, so it's not really an example on her part.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:07   Link #5363
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spatial awareness allowed Mu to use the gunbarrels of his Mobius Zero. Spatial awareness is just that, awareness of the space around us. There's nothing psychic in nature about it. Also, amaterasu4, keep in mind that while Cagalli did use the Akatsuki, she did not use the module that included its DRAGOON units, so it's not really an example on her part.
I think it's a case of bad engrish. Everybody has a degree of spatial awareness. It isn't necessarily a special ability. Should have called it something else

Now, having high spatial awareness isn't equivalent to being a Newtype in UC, as in having all the same degree of abilities, but it does allow the ability to use first generation DRAGOONs and sensing others with high spatial awareness. So that's common abilities of those with high spatial awareness. As I said before, Prayer from Astray exhibits more Newtype-like abilities, implying that high spatial awareness may be more like Newtype's psychic abilities than merely having high spatial awareness as the name suggests. Having high spatial awareness in real life wouldn't allow you to sense other people or sense attacks before they occur. As I said, bad engrish.

And besides UC's funnels doesn't rely on psychic ability directly either. To my knowledge, pilots use the psycho-frame,bio-sensor,etc to channel their Newtype abilities to directing the funnels. Without that special Newtype power-enhancing part, they couldn't psychically control funnels. That would be telekinesis, which to my knowledge no pilot has ever had.

As for DRAGOONS in CE, have no idea how it works. Most likely explanation is that the pilot communicates through the mobile suit's computer to the DRAGOONs in order to activate it. The mobile suit to DRAGOON part is clear but the pilot to mobile suit is less clear.

I would think the computer uses the brainwaves of the pilot. I've remember reading somewhere that this how the pilot directs the DRAGOONs but I can't verify that.

That or it's all computer-controlled and nothing on the pilot's part.

I lean more on the brainwaves considering that all known DRAGOONs pilots have high spatial awareness and pilot them with approximately the same skill, of course stock footage of DRAGOONs makes them all the same regardless.

And that it's said that having spatial awareness improves the system's performance. If the system didn't require the pilot's interaction, by their brainwaves, then it wouldn't improve if a pilot with high spatial awareness was there.

Of course this is all conjecture considering most of the tech in CE is never explained like UC.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 04:34   Link #5364
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Regarding the DRAGOON system it looks like it's actually controlled through the G.U.N.D.A.M. operatype system rather than psychic powers considering how nobody managed to use their special awareness in combat for none other than sensing who is who (Kira learning Neo's identity is the only way in which it helped).

The few mobile suits with DRAGOON are Rau's Providence, Sting's Chaos, Kira's upgraded Freedom, the Akatsuki (which was used by both Cagalii and Mu) and the Legend (which was first aimed towards Athrun who had no special awareness).
Kira also used his spatial awareness when fighting Rey and it allowed him to completely stomp Rey. Of course budget reasons may have also been why Rey was defeated so quickly and they had that long awkward moment with Kira pointing a gun at Durandal.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 07:36   Link #5365
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
And that it's said that having spatial awareness improves the system's performance. If the system didn't require the pilot's interaction, by their brainwaves, then it wouldn't improve if a pilot with high spatial awareness was there.

Of course this is all conjecture considering most of the tech in CE is never explained like UC.
Honestly, Spatial awareness could just equal the piloting reacting to people around him faster, and inputting details/aiming quicker than the usual pilot because of it, i imagine the computer shoots and moves them while the pilot directs who to engage, using some sort of brainpowered telepathy link to the DRAGOONS in SEED doesnt really seem likely seeing how the only place telepathy has been shown in the SEEDverse is in side materials thats not entirely cannon.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 11:30   Link #5366
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
using some sort of brainpowered telepathy link to the DRAGOONS in SEED doesnt really seem likely seeing how the only place telepathy has been shown in the SEEDverse is in side materials thats not entirely cannon.
Telepathy is simply communicating with the mind, which can include sensing another's presence as a basic form, like what's going on between Rau, Mu, Kira, and Rey.

The simple reason why DRAGOONs won't be controlled telepathically is because there is no indication yet that there is any research being done into that type of technology in CE, as far as I know.

The Moebius Zero squad relied on people who are more aware of their surroundings, not on people who can communicate with their minds.

Mu simply happened to be able to do the latter part as well, but only as far as sensing the presence of another of his kind.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 12:27   Link #5367
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Telepathy is simply communicating with the mind, which can include sensing another's presence as a basic form, like what's going on between Rau, Mu, Kira, and Rey.
True, true, but i think our opinion of Telepathy differs but i understand what your saying. Like a built in 360 radar
Quote:
The simple reason why DRAGOONs won't be controlled telepathically is because there is no indication yet that there is any research being done into that type of technology in CE, as far as I know.

The Moebius Zero squad relied on people who are more aware of their surroundings, not on people who can communicate with their minds.

Mu simply happened to be able to do the latter part as well, but only as far as sensing the presence of another of his kind.
Agreed
Old 2012-11-15, 13:20   Link #5368
Destined_Fate

Well, they continued it with the Mangas and Astray even got its own Ple, Lily Thevalley.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 13:35   Link #5369
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, they continued it with the Mangas and Astray even got its own Ple, Lily Thevalley.
doesnt matter, side-mangas have no weight in the actual anime.
Old 2012-11-15, 13:45   Link #5370
monster

As far as I know, Lily Thevalley does not control any part of the Nebula Blitz with her mind.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 17:15   Link #5371
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Were there three recap episodes in Destiny (2 about Destiny and one about SEED)? However they would also have to add the director's cut version of the final episode which would leave a HD version with 48 episodes of 20 approx minutes (The Final Plus OVA was about 46 minutes long, basically the double of the original episode 50)

The OVA's first half focused on Athrun & Kira vs Shinn & Rey so it would leave a final episode without mobile suit fights (feels weird for a Gundam show)
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 17:29   Link #5372
I Fail at Life

@amaterasu4

I think there was about 4. So if they were to do what you suggested... then it would probably even out to 47-48 episodes.

And the Remaster? You be lucky if you even see it for Destiny's 10th Anniversary, because they about to drop the ball.. on a golden opportunity.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 18:58   Link #5373
Washu-Chan