AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-20, 11:58   Link #381
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
so the author does each episodes per a week?
so that means he dosent even know yet how to continue the one piece saga right?

or he just likes to take a break,which is cool also...
Actually he already has the entire story in his head and he originally planned to finish the story in 10 years. But its the 11th year now and he said last year's 10th anniversary that One Piece is only at the halfway mark.

The reason is because he is having so much fun with One Piece that he added much more material. The Thriller Bark arc for example, he said it was a 'bonus' arc that he came up with because he thought it was a fun idea.

He is happy with his creation and work that's why this story is continuously providing us with entertainment. You get great results if you like what you're doing.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-20, 12:08   Link #382
syler321

yeh thats defintly makes sence...
thriller bark arc was one of the good ones,very funny indeed and lots of new stuff in it like brook and zoro gets his new sword so i defintly agree with u guys...

and its defintly good to know that one piece is only half way,i think he can keep going with one piece for another 10 years...
luffy is defitnly not ready yet to be the pirate king,and there are 2 more kings(kaidou and i dont know the 4th one name) who havent even put in to place in the show...

i think if he will make a shibubukai arc and tells the story of each shibubukai and how he got to be 1,like moria and kaido fighting in the new world,and shanks and mihawk,kuma and dragon realtionship and etc....
Old 2009-04-20, 12:34   Link #383
Vree

Well. You know. He might like the story, in essence. And as long as it is as successful as it is, it not only gives him a living but a good living at that - it is a money cow. But still the guy has spent the last 10 years of his time with the same story so I imagine that there are times when he's positively fed up with it. So he probably needs a breather at times, only to do something different for a short while, so that he can come back with fresh ideas to it. And it's not likely they can fire him for taking too many breaks or anything, not as long as he is this successful.
Old 2009-04-20, 12:52   Link #384
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
and its defintly good to know that one piece is only half way,i think he can keep going with one piece for another 10 years...
One Piece is definitely past the half way point by now (even if it's only by a little ). Oda has spent a lot of time in the first half of the Grand Line, and has stated that he would like to move on to the New World as soon as possible. It's clear from the past two arcs and this one (Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down), that Oda does want to start picking up the pace since he stated that he has a lot to cover in the New World and a lot of interesting ideas he wants to implement in the said location. He is very anxious to get there, to say the least. In a geographical sense, it's not half way done (they haven't even passed the red line yet), but in terms of the story it is certainly beyond that point.

I don't think the New World Saga is going to take 10 years to complete, and there are certain ways he can make it shorter than the first half of the Grand Line we've been reading. For one thing, characters besides the Strawhats can fight members of the World Powers and World Government. It doesn't just have to be them (Strawhats), and by doing this, the story can progress much quicker. Of course, this is assuming that all of the remaining opposition of the Strawhats has to be defeated, which I don't think is realistic or feasible for that matter. Confrontations between the Strawhats and their opposition will be determined by alignments (i.e. good, bad, neutral) and ideologies.
Old 2009-04-20, 13:55   Link #385
syler321

Blackbeard D. Kuma -

what u say defentrly makes sence,but if he will make another 10 years of one piece then thats great dont u think?

sure if he wants to get one piece done quicker he can just do a saga called "the new world"
where everybody fights everybody where u see white beard and shanks and the other 2 kings,and all of the shibubukai also...

he can just make luffy beat whitebeard or some other yanoku and once he does that and finds " the one piece" he is the pirate king right?
Old 2009-04-20, 15:29   Link #386
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Blackbeard D. Kuma -

what u say defentrly makes sence,but if he will make another 10 years of one piece then thats great dont u think?
I'm all for it if Oda does want to make One Piece last another 10 years. It's just that I don't think the story from this point on is going to be that long. It is definitely past half way, after all. Oda has to get things moving because there's still so much to cover.

Quote:
sure if he wants to get one piece done quicker he can just do a saga called "the new world"
where everybody fights everybody where u see white beard and shanks and the other 2 kings,and all of the shibubukai also...
Just like the first half of the Grand Line had its sub-arcs (i.e. Drum Island, Alabasta, Jaya, Water 7, Enies Lobby, Florian Triangle/Thriller Bark, Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down) the New World will also have sub-arcs that comprise its entirety. Perhaps the Wano Country (where Ryuuma was from) will be one of the arcs? As for Whitebeard, I'm not even sure if he will be around by the time the Strawhats get to the New World. He may be dead after his skirmish with Blackbeard in the aftermath of this upcoming war.

Quote:
he can just make luffy beat whitebeard or some other yanoku and once he does that and finds " the one piece" he is the pirate king right?
I don't think this sounds very plausible considering the war is soon to commence, and the probability of Whitebeard losing/dying is very high. But that still leaves two emperors (Kaidou especially from what we've heard about him) that can be potential enemies to Luffy in the future. Then there's guys like Doflamingo, Blackbeard, Kizaru, Akainu, and the supernovas, to watch out for. There's lots of potential threats left by the time the Strawhats enter the New World.
Old 2009-04-20, 15:42   Link #387
junte86

One piece will have around 100 volumes so we have seen half of what Oda wanted to show(although he originally planed to finish it in 5 years.. )
Old 2009-04-20, 16:57   Link #388
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm all for it if Oda does want to make One Piece last another 10 years. It's just that I don't think the story from this point on is going to be that long. It is definitely past half way, after all. Oda has to get things moving because there's still so much to cover.
I'm okay with the waiting as long as Oda plans to get the Strawhat crew completed.

Quote:
Just like the first half of the Grand Line had its sub-arcs (i.e. Drum Island, Alabasta, Jaya, Water 7, Enies Lobby, Florian Triangle/Thriller Bark, Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down) the New World will also have sub-arcs that comprise its entirety. Perhaps the Wano Country (where Ryuuma was from) will be one of the arcs? As for Whitebeard, I'm not even sure if he will be around by the time the Strawhats get to the New World. He may be dead after his skirmish with Blackbeard in the aftermath of this upcoming war.
I'm hoping that after the Whitebeard Saga is over that we can have the following:

Red Line Saga
*Fishman Island arc
*Tenryuubito arc (possible)
*Sub-arc starring new members

New World Saga
*Wano Country arc
*All-Blue arc
*Yonkou arc
*Supernovas arc
*Raftel arc starring Monkey D. Dragon

Quote:
I don't think this sounds very plausible considering the war is soon to commence, and the probability of Whitebeard losing/dying is very high. But that still leaves two emperors (Kaidou especially from what we've heard about him) that can be potential enemies to Luffy in the future. Then there's guys like Doflamingo, Blackbeard, Kizaru, Akainu, and the supernovas, to watch out for. There's lots of potential threats left by the time the Strawhats enter the New World.
The war we're talking about would have to be Marineford which means we may have a chance to see the marine's top scientist Dr. Vegapunk who of course is still being protected by Sentomaru. The only other threat I can think of for the Strawhat crew before they enter the New World is Kinjishi the possible reason Nami might leave the crew permanently. Hope you don't mind my crying over this.

("12 x 12" kittens crying)

Old 2009-04-20, 17:19   Link #389
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
The only other threat I can think of for the Strawhat crew before they enter the New World is Kinjishi the possible reason Nami might leave the crew permanently. Hope you don't mind my crying over this.
Again Rainbowman, Nami is never going to leave the crew permanently. Oda would never do that because she is such a pivotal character, in the sense that she is the guide of the strawhats when traveling the seas. They wouldn't be able to continue their journey without her. She has become a staple and foundation to the crew.
Old 2009-04-20, 17:24   Link #390
james0246

@Rainbowma: Yuck. What is with the crying rock/turd thingies...

Anyway, how about we wait and see what the 10th movie is going to actually be about before you start using multiple crying turds to emphasize your dissent...
Old 2009-04-20, 17:31   Link #391
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I bet 10th movie will be the best out of 10 XD It'll be 10/10 XD

Another 10 years of OP sounds scary - it makes me think who I'll be in 10 years Oo'

New World might be under the infuance Younkou now, but if Whitebeard loses (not mentioning dying) things might be a little rought.
I wonder if New World is divided into 5 areas - each Yonkou has his/hers and a little space between them that is unocupied.
I wonder if the story will continue to be just going after the Log Pose like they used to from island to island, or maybe Oda has a new idea of travelling XD Maybe another "we must get there" arc like Alabasta.
Old 2009-04-20, 17:38   Link #392
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Blackbeard D. Kuma -

I would like to finish this some time in this life time. Not to mention I heard its hard to get your hands on manga in the after life.
Old 2009-04-20, 17:43   Link #393
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I would like to finish this some time in this life time. Not to mention I heard its hard to get your hands on manga in the after life.
Naw just request that you be buried with your collection and everything should be okie-dokie.
Old 2009-04-20, 17:50   Link #394
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@Rainbowma: Yuck. What is with the crying rock/turd thingies...
To answer your question, they're the closest thing I could use with crying emoticons. If only AnimeSuki Forums could provide better emoticons than what we currently have so we won't worry about limited choices of emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Anyway, how about we wait and see what the 10th movie is going to actually be about before you start using multiple crying turds to emphasize your dissent...
You're probably right. I'm just worried about how Nami's actions in movie 10 would affect my chances for my future works and the raging monster inside me.
Old 2009-04-20, 18:43   Link #395
syler321

from what i know there 4 yanoukus right?
whitebeard - u say his gonna lose to bleackbeard?thats defintly makes sence...
shanks - needs to lose to luffy right?
kaido?
and the 4th one that they never said his name...

Blackbeard D. Kuma

so in the end of impledown whitebears vs blackbeard ?
that will be the highlight of the impledown saga?
and from there what?
i mean everybody is lost in the straw hat crew right?
they all have vivre carde,but lets face it they need help to meet each other again...
zoro is the worst navigator ever,nami is alone in sky island,and the others are also in the middle of know where,so what u think gonna happen there?

and is kizaru gonna persue after the strawhats?

i would like to see another meeting between zoro and mihawk,they dont have to fight but it will be cool if they will and they will show that zoro still has alot to learn if he wants to be the number 1 swordman in the world....
Old 2009-04-20, 19:17   Link #396
marvelB

Concerning the length of the series, I believe I recall Oda saying in an old interview that he originally planned to finish the series in about five years' time. However, seeing as more than twice that amount of time has passed, we can see that not everything goes according to plan. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the series lasted 20 years at this point (nor would I mind, as long as the series continues to be awesome! ).

So anyways, we've got another chapter this week before all the manga magazines go on break for Golden Week. I certainly hope we're introduced to Shiryuu and the level 6 pirates this chapter.......
Old 2009-04-20, 20:03   Link #397
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I think Oda has the last part already figured out. Currently he is only filling out the middle parts. So I guess that means he can finish the story anytime he wants. If he or the audience ever gets bored, he can finish it rather fast and without losing much from the quality. How I wish that to be the case for HxH too.
Old 2009-04-20, 20:32   Link #398
junte86

well he can always use the method provided by Sword Master Yamato! lol
anyway I hope next chapter have some interesting cliffhanger or something.. since golden week we wont have any one piece naruto bleach...
Old 2009-04-21, 02:11   Link #399
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junte86 View Post
well he can always use the method provided by Sword Master Yamato! lol
Sword Master Luffy

DoFlamingo: I hear Moria was defeated...
Mihawk: But he was the weakest among us...
Blackbeard: Losing to a rookie, he shamed the Shichibukai
Luffy: Eat this!
Shichibukais: GWAAAAAA
Luffy: I've finally defeated the Shichibukai! Now the gate to Kaidou will open!
Kaidou: Welcome, wannabe pirate king...
Luffy: So... this is Kaidou's castle! I feel his haki...
Kaidou: Luffy, I have one thing to tell you before we fight. You thought you needed to perfect the haki to defeat me... but you actually don't need to, not really. You can take me down without it!
Luffy: What!? Really!?
Kaidou: Oh, and I went ahead and transported your crew safely to the nearest town, all you have to is defeat me now.
Luffy: Well, I have one thing to tell you too... I thought I needed to go to Raftel and find One Piece to become the Pirate King, but I really didn't!
Kaidou: I see.
Luffy: Uoooo!!
Kaidou: Come, Luffy!

Beliving that Luffy's courage will save the world... thank you for reading One Piece! The end!

Sword Master Yamato is great, any manga can end in one chapter!