AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-08-13, 02:37   Link #1
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question What TV shows are you currently watching?

I'll start us off ^_^.

I'm finally re-watching both MMPR Seasons 1-3 and PRZ-PRLG for the first time now, thanks to a VERY generous friend (he's letting me borrow his Shout! Factory/Time Life MMPR-PRLG set for free).

Anyways, I am currently watching MMPR S01E04, I'm sadly having trouble marathoning it, MMPR is not as great as I remember it as a child (damn nostalgia lol xD).
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 02:48   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dr Who, finished the first season + X-Mas and the first episode of s2.
Going to start to watch 24 now, only really seen all of S1, S2 and S4, so I'm going to rewatch from S3 to the end in prep for the upcoming season.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 03:06   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Grimm, NCIS, PSYCH, Elementary, Scrubs, Royal Pain, Bones.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 03:10   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned

NCIS and The Mentalist for me.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 03:43   Link #5
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Definitely The Mentalist and NCIS!

Am patiently waiting for Criminal Minds S9, The Good Wife S5 and Big Bang Theory S7 in September and The Walking Dead in October~

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 05:45   Link #6
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Anyone watched Ripper Street? I've only seen the ads it looks pretty interesting. Sort of like Law and Order 1800's edition crossed with Game of Thrones (street gangs instead of kingdoms).
Old 2013-08-14, 01:13   Link #7
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Dr Who, finished the first season + X-Mas and the first episode of s2.

Going to start to watch 24 now, only really seen all of S1, S2 and S4, so I'm going to rewatch from S3 to the end in prep for the upcoming season.
This your 1st time watching Doc Who 2005, or just a re-watch ?

I've seen every Doc Who 2005 season and special, just need to watch the older/original Doc Who series.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 02:48   Link #8
P99

Orange is the New Black, NCIS, Bates Motel, and Hannibal
Old 2013-08-14, 03:39   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
This your 1st time watching Doc Who 2005, or just a re-watch ?

I've seen every Doc Who 2005 season and special, just need to watch the older/original Doc Who series.
I've seen like maybe 20-25% of the episodes from the first 4 seasons, Dr Who used (or maybe still does, no idea) to air brand new episodes in Aus 7:30 sat night, so I watched it about a quarter of the time. Saw the first 3 episodes of S5 when it came out "online" than just stopped watching it for some reason, really liked Matt Smith's doctor (more than Tennant, not as much as Chris) and I thought Amy Pond was pretty good in those episodes.

I'm like kinda interested in the original run, seeing the daleks during some reruns that aired on tv when I was young kinda imprinted them on me. So watching Who 2005 was always something i was going to do after seeing that. Just never got around to watching it completely, until hopefully now.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 07:36   Link #10
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I am going to name all the tv shows I follow, even those I wait for new seasons. And the shows that already ended recently.

True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Being Human (US), Teen Wolf, Big Bang Theory, Anger Management, Two And A Half Man, The Simpsons, The Borgias, Merlin, Dexter, Continuum, Melissa and Joey, Game of Thrones, Young Dracula, Spartacus, Under the Dome, The Walking Dead, The White Queen, Falling Skies, Arrow, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Vikings, How I Met Your Mother, Jessie

Shows that are about to come, that I plan on watching. Dracula and The Originals.

As you have probably noticed, I like supernatural/fantasy based shows.
Old 2013-08-14, 07:51   Link #11
AbridgedTroll

These are currently on my watching list:

How I met your mother
Falling Skies
Sherlock
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
AbridgedTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 08:42   Link #12
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Currently I'm not watching any TV at all.

Endless "Freedom" Soul
Old 2013-08-14, 08:50   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Anyone watched Ripper Street? I've only seen the ads it looks pretty interesting. Sort of like Law and Order 1800's edition crossed with Game of Thrones (street gangs instead of kingdoms).
It's a decent show. A little too cliche at times, and many of the murders are a little stale, but the acting can be quite good and the pacing is always decent, plus it's always fun to watch 'dirty' period pieces - where there is more mud than pomp.

As for me, I'm finishing up True Blood (season ends later this week), watching to see how Dexter ends (kind of an average season so far), loving Orange is the New Black, appreciating Under the Dome (even if it is pure pulp), loving Project Runway, and experiencing Breaking Bad. The Bridge is also a lot of fun.

Adventure Time and Futurama help my animation addiction now that Venture Bros ended again (Aqua Teen has come back from the grave as well).

Rewatching Hannibal and Orphan Black (probably my two favourite new shows of the past season).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 12:39   Link #14
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Breaking Bad. This is the last turn before the last line. It's NOT going to be pretty.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 14:12   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Catching up on Fringe and Supernatural after refreshing Spartacus:Blood and Sand...and I have to get Walking Dead running someday! So much to watch, so...little...time...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 16:00   Link #16
Kmos

Futurama, The Newsroom, and Children's Hospital.

Futurama's somewhat consistent of what I expect from it and I'm sad it's going to end once again. So many good episodes in this series felt like a finale I hope it ends with a happy bang.

I liked the Jeff Daniels lead in The Newsroom and the story surrounding him (with Emily Mortimer, Sam Waterston, and Chris Messina) a lot from the first season . The not so good part of the show is the story surrounding John Gallagher Jr and Alison Pill. This season, besides the dreaded side story romance with Pill they upped the appearance/importance of the Olivia Munn character who is entirely robotic like in acting (it's not her character it's her acting). Daniels barely has a story currently and these side characters' stories aren't interesting or deserving of time. I hope they start with some strong McAvoy story soon cause the last episode was pretty horrible.

Childrens Hospital is a short, weird, twisted comedy series which is usually good for a short laugh. Th new season just started with a move to Japan.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 16:30   Link #17
venusinjorts
cool robot dog

Send a message via AIM to venusinjorts Send a message via Yahoo to venusinjorts
I'm constantly rewatching Futurama.

Second season of Comedy Bang Bang is airing right now and it's one of the greatest TV comedies I've ever seen.

Everyone is telling me to watch Orange is the New Black and I'll probably get around to it eventually.
venusinjorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 17:29   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dexter, True Blood, Breaking Bad, Fringe and Kamen Rider Kuuga.

Lately I've been itching to rewatch Seinfeld. It's just so good.
Old 2013-08-14, 18:19   Link #19
jdennis007

I have been watching Arrow.
Old 2013-08-14, 18:31   Link #20
MaeIB

Hell On Wheels, Breaking Bad, The Bridge; plus playing catch-up with a bunch of anime shows.
MaeIB is offline   Reply With Quote