AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-03-09, 15:42   Link #61
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I'm guessing that its a form of mass induced hypnotism, or that it only affects males and not females since the word 'seduction' usually implies a female coercing a male into doing things for or to them. It would be a pretty big asspull if it controlled people indiscriminately, but there is no way of knowing that yet.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 18:41   Link #62
DragonXX

I myself think that Kihara Yuiitsu will most likey be the final enemy of this Arc because stuff from NT4 have been leading up to it because that the first volume she show up in but more important is that girl on the front really Kamisato sister I mean she had Dark skin and he has White skin?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 19:25   Link #63
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Some speculations of mine:

• Salome is a part of the Kamisato Faction since she shares the same naming pattern as Ellen, Claire and Elza.
• Her powers might be related to her status as a little sister, and this may not change regardless of whether she is a Magician, an Esper, or a Gemstone.
• If she has the ability to manipulate based on the little sister concept, then the Level 5s do have some problems. Accelerator has Last Order, Kakine has Fremea, Mikoto has the clones, Mugino also has Fremea, Misaki has the Dolly clone, and Gunha has... pretty much everyone.
• There's also the possibility that Salome is designed after Esmeralda from Victor Hugo's Hunchback of Notre Dame. Her gypsy-like appearance, manipulative abilities, and a trinket hanging on her neck points to a similarity. Where's the goat, though?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 00:39   Link #64
DragonXX

You know this is the sixth book which have Touma on the Cover.
Old 2016-03-10, 12:04   Link #65
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpIDa View Post
I doubt that the little sister's name was Salome arbitrarily. And her ability to "mislead" level 5s, does it not sound similar to the original Selome's? What if Salome misleads people using similar techniques to the original Salome? (her being half-naked solidifies this theory too, seeing that the original Salome was erotic/seductive)
Also Salome's appearence strikes me as anything but a japanese So I am expecting her to be either a magician using an idol theory based on the original Salome, or a gemstone coming from abroad.

Spoiler for A hypothesis (in other words, a complete nonesense):
Lol, you're a genius, but really!

This is great!

Also, I just noticed that I think she's responsible for Touma falling over in the cover. That... and I wonder what she's carrying on her back?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 19:48   Link #66
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

This is great!

Also, I just noticed that I think she's responsible for Touma falling over in the cover. That... and I wonder what she's carrying on her back?
I picture the scene on Cover to happen which Touma talking to Kamisato then the little sister show up and hit him which what ever in the bag to get him out of the way.
Old 2016-03-11, 01:26   Link #67
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:

This is great!

Haha thanks xD

Yes I actually have been thinking the same thing, that Salome is responsible for Touma falling over in the cover

(PS. I'm ElpIDa, I just changed my username )
Hiromin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 18:32   Link #68
hamazura
whatever

lol this series is getting ridiculous since othinus get introduced
not only the lore is getting more and more complicated with a lot of 'logic' like othinus 50/50 and a lot of complicated whatever crap that makes the supposed to be highest ranking magician title, magic god to be ridiculously useless
magic god concept is weird and somewhat super OP and super useless, can destroy the world easily and supposed to be able to do anything at will conveniently yet have so much trouble to do anything.
i can't even take them seriously since i found out about their half-naked cute girl fanservice design lol
the power scale is getting out of control that it involves destroying recreating world dimension phase whatever you want to call it that the author have to introduce convenient new character with convenient power to kill all the magic gods lol
Old 2016-03-18, 19:45   Link #69
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
not only the lore is getting more and more complicated with a lot of 'logic' like othinus 50/50 and a lot of complicated whatever crap that makes the supposed to be highest ranking magician title, magic god to be ridiculously useless
magic god concept is weird and somewhat super OP and super useless, can destroy the world easily and supposed to be able to do anything at will conveniently yet have so much trouble to do anything.
i can't even take them seriously since i found out about their half-naked cute girl fanservice design lol
the power scale is getting out of control that it involves destroying recreating world dimension phase whatever you want to call it that the author have to introduce convenient new character with convenient power to kill all the magic gods lol
I mean that's one interpretation.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-03-18, 20:46   Link #70
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
I'm pretty sure that Othinus was just Kamachi's take on Ultimecia from FFVIII or something. But the other magic gods actually have historical lore behind them. For instance, the High Priest back story is actually a biblical passage from somewhere, I just can't remember the source for it. Kamachi didn't just make the magic gods up, he actually did research them from somewhere. They just weren't called majins when he wrote them into his story. Well, maybe Niang Niang was...

As for the confusion and scale of powers becoming ridiculous, my only guess is that these things happening are suppose to reflect on what the intro to NT13 stated about the world only being maintained because something special was happening in real time.

Which is true, something special is preventing the world from being obliterated just as it says. (I think this bit is pretty obvious.)

Basically, what it was saying is that at any moment, the world could end in the blink of an eye. Whether it's the sun exploding or a magic god rewriting the world into a new phase, it would all happen too fast for anyone to stop it from happening.

I think the confusion on how magic gods operate has more to do with the way the translation is worded, rather than what it actually is if interpreted correctly.

The magic gods didn't actually want to destroy the world, otherwise they would done it a long time ago. Crowley simply forced their hand so he could destroy them.

And Kakeru is just great the equalizer, (karmatic recoil for everything they've done.) where every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction. The magic gods played their hand at fate for too long and the pendulum of infinite possibilities swung too far from them to control, and they payed the price for it.

Last edited by Tiken; 2016-03-18 at 21:07.
Old 2016-03-18, 20:54   Link #71
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Still NT is a clear example of messy writing going all over the place.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 21:11   Link #72
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I completely agree.
Old 2016-03-18, 22:03   Link #73
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I disagree. The quality is what you make of it. NT 9 was the best thing he has written yet.

I mean he has also written some pretty good things after that.

It just depends on what you're looking for and what you can stomach in a plot.

I can enjoy this because I literally have no expectations about what is going to happen. I let Kamachi decide for me since he knows how to make it work out.

The real reason people insult his writing is that he doesn't explain things in the short-term and then people play this stupid game where they pretend/think that Kamachi doesn't know why or have good reasons for these choices that he's making. At this point, his plot has gotten so complex that I just find it hilarious that you people think he doesn't know what he is doing.

He's a freaking genius when it comes to writing and that's a severe understatement. Anyway, I'm never going to change your minds or convince you all if you already disagree with me so I'll stop wasting my time, but I'll say that I disagree.

If Kamachi has one weakness at the moment in Index's writing, it's that he has introduced too many characters recently so we need a few more volumes before they sink in and feel very relatable again just like the rest of the large cast of characters. I think that's the only current weakness of his writing, and that's not a weakness. That just has to do with the pace of releases.

Old 2016-03-18, 22:42   Link #74
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You're "playing" that game by doing the same in the other side of the bench aka 'my author can't possibly make a misytake' syndrome.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 22:43   Link #75
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Still NT is a clear example of messy writing going all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
I completely agree.

I sort of agree here.

Honestly Magic gods should be the max when it comes to power levels here. Introducing any more powerful people or levels at this point will just make things more messy.
Old 2016-03-18, 23:09   Link #76
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I sort of agree here.

Honestly Magic gods should be the max when it comes to power levels here. Introducing any more powerful people or levels at this point will just make things more messy.
Not really because it you use the Kabbalah Tree or Jacob ladder, The Magic God would only be in the World of Creation, not even touching the World of Emanation which is beyond it or even farer beyond Ain-Nothing 0, Ain Soph-Limitless 00 or the highest thing Ain Soph Aur-Limitless Light 000. The Magic God are Infinite which on the Tree is different then Limitless but this go into huge Religion stuff and I don't know if he would go that far. The Magic God are only around the 6 sphee which is usually put which Jesus Christ, well 1 sphee is put which God.
Old 2016-03-19, 03:54   Link #77
hamazura
whatever

Magic God is hyped to be highest ranked and strongest magician who can easily destroy the world maybe like Level 6 Esper. and then it turns out there are bunch many of them, the hype is dead. and it turns out they are completely useless and can't do shit on their own, the hype is dead. and then their design is so ridiculously fanservicy (made up word) for a magic GOD. i expected those almighty magicians to be badass intimidating looking with "boss" aura like higher beings from academy city like angel misaka, aiwass, angels, etc

And it seems the author is just confused. how to make this "supposed to be" super OP magic gods organization to fight Touma and friends. he probably just "welp... fuck it, i'm gonna introduce this new character that can literally killed all magic gods in 1 paragraph! also make him super similar to touma and scale down the power level!"

Magic Gods must be the worst characters and concept ever introduced. i hope Level 6 isn't such a big disappointment like this.
Old 2016-03-19, 04:28   Link #78
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
I disagree. The quality is what you make of it. NT 9 was the best thing he has written yet.

I mean he has also written some pretty good things after that.

It just depends on what you're looking for and what you can stomach in a plot.

I can enjoy this because I literally have no expectations about what is going to happen. I let Kamachi decide for me since he knows how to make it work out.

The real reason people insult his writing is that he doesn't explain things in the short-term and then people play this stupid game where they pretend/think that Kamachi doesn't know why or have good reasons for these choices that he's making. At this point, his plot has gotten so complex that I just find it hilarious that you people think he doesn't know what he is doing.

He's a freaking genius when it comes to writing and that's a severe understatement. Anyway, I'm never going to change your minds or convince you all if you already disagree with me so I'll stop wasting my time, but I'll say that I disagree.

If Kamachi has one weakness at the moment in Index's writing, it's that he has introduced too many characters recently so we need a few more volumes before they sink in and feel very relatable again just like the rest of the large cast of characters. I think that's the only current weakness of his writing, and that's not a weakness. That just has to do with the pace of releases.
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I love the plot, its unpredictable and that is why its so awesome, along with the character diversity which is a big bonus to me. I don't think there is any series I've ever read in my life that has such an expansive array of characters at its disposal.

My beef mostly stems from the way he goes about explaining things. At times, it is able to be understood, but then there are those times where he tries to answer things but fails to do so in a way that makes sense. Analogies are not a panacea to everything as far as explanations go, and he uses them...a lot. I realize that this may come down to the translation itself, where some dialogue is lost in between languages, but that's just the way my mind interprets things.

I'd like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, but if something doesn't make sense, then I begin to wonder if its just me not being fully awake at the time of reading, or if its just Kamachi's schizo writing habits throwing himself off at times - and that's the thing - he's great at making you expect something to happen between volumes, and then completely defies any predictions on what is going to happen next. I'm not lying when I say that literally, half the fun of reading his stuff for me comes from trying to guess on what the hell is going to happen next.

I just wish he would take a little more time on clarity issues.
Old 2016-03-19, 04:43   Link #79
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Not really because it you use the Kabbalah Tree or Jacob ladder, The Magic God would only be in the World of Creation, not even touching the World of Emanation which is beyond it or even farer beyond Ain-Nothing 0, Ain Soph-Limitless 00 or the highest thing Ain Soph Aur-Limitless Light 000. The Magic God are Infinite which on the Tree is different then Limitless but this go into huge Religion stuff and I don't know if he would go that far. The Magic God are only around the 6 sphee which is usually put which Jesus Christ, well 1 sphee is put which God.
Again, it still surprises me that I'm not the only one who reads this kind of stuff. Its pretty interesting to see the connection with old theologies and Kamchi's interpretation of it all.

Pure drivel in today's world, but pretty interesting to think about nonetheless.
Old 2016-03-19, 07:05   Link #80
LazyHunter

Quote:
While I agree with you in finding NT good and thinking that Kamachi plans more thansome people think, as Kuroageha said you can't really dismiss all criticism as "people don't understand". Some people don't like chunks of the story or the twists/choices used for the past few novels, it doesn't make their opinions any less valid than yours or mine.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote