AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 22:48   Link #261
Midonin
Last Engage

Watched the first two episodes, and I like this show. Its approach to parody is incredibly spot on, and also infused with enough fanservice and slapstick that even if someone doesn't catch all the references, there's still plenty going on that's enjoyable. I showed episode two (the Sailor Moon one) to two friends of mine, one of whom is KnightBuster, who are huge fans of the series, and they loved it. The attention to detail in particular.

Looking forward to checking more of this out in the coming weeks.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:24   Link #262
Insane
Banned

^Yeah, but i still dun understand what those girls are doing .... Everything seems very random as if this show has no plot.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:30   Link #263
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Everything seems very random as if this show has no plot.
I don't care about that. I'm judging it on important things. Understanding of what it's parodying, comedic timing, running gags. "Plot" (or at least, plot as you conceive of it) is not nearly as important as you think it is.
Old 2012-10-19, 03:01   Link #264
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
^Yeah, but i still dun understand what those girls are doing .... Everything seems very random as if this show has no plot.
first 5 episode basically character establishment moment. basically you get to know well the character personality.

the "plot" happend on second half of series (which IMO have he craziest plot i ever think)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 22:04   Link #265
Kitsu Breaker

Yeah! CR licensed this show and now with have quality subs very quick

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 23:32   Link #266
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-10-25, 22:36   Link #267
00Coyote

This show ... is is the most nonsensical thing I've seen since Futakoi Alternative...

I mean Jinrui was bizarre, Milky homes was all over the place, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Joshiraku were random, but this show is just ... defies description.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:12   Link #268
Midonin
Last Engage

It makes slightly more sense if you're in on the parodies - the show's really precise about its reborrowing. Even with that knowledge, it still comes across as kind of weird. But I like kind of weird, so a show like this is right up my alley.
Old 2012-10-27, 07:04   Link #269
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

My favorite scene from ep 4 :3

YouTube

Old 2012-11-02, 06:39   Link #270
EroKing

NSFW
Nyantype
Old 2012-11-05, 16:48   Link #271
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Ep 11 Preview

Images

Have fun :3

Old 2012-11-10, 13:07   Link #272
Seihai
スマイリウム

This series isn't well-received, is it? I just finished episode 6 and I have to say it is better than how I first found it to be. I didn't have a nice start with episode 1 because I know nothing about Saint Seiya and that's pretty bad while trying to understand the gist of the show which was not easy to begin with. I felt the entertainment aspects to be kind of forced. The jokes weren't bad per se but I didn't find the way they delivered them to be particularly fun(ny). Really, I saw no point in this show at the beginning...

These were my initial thoughts. Now that I got a better understanding of everything (thank god besides Saint Seiya I recognized most of the other parodies), I am also enjoying it. The slapstick certainly moved up a few points and the fanservice has also been nice throughout the episodes. In fact, they're covering much more amusing stuff than I thought. SM play, crossdressing, fujoshi, "beastiality", etc. Of course, there is a certain direction the show is slowly, very slowly heading to that might make the story (ie plot) interesting.

And amongst the chaos you have a little establishment for each of the characters. Seriously, I didn't realize that these past episodes were all about introducing each of the girls and their circumstances (not like we actually know an awful lot though). It was kinda thrown into my face when episode 2 started with Kanamori's self-introduction but for some reason I wasn't conscious about it because I payed attention to other stuff. I became very fond of Hiromatsu, now my favorite p*ssy lover of Ebiten! Next episode hopefully gives more insight to her character.

Then in the end there would be 5(?) more episodes left... in which Ebiten may finally move to the main chunk. With all those alluding hints and "there is something strange about onee-sama after all" repeated over and over, my patience is slowly wearing off.

Well, other than that it's just best to not think about each episode's focus too much and just enjoy the theatre.
Old 2012-11-10, 15:23   Link #273
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

ho ho ho wait for ep 7 which where the "plot" start

Old 2012-11-22, 00:15   Link #274
Midonin
Last Engage

Even as the show treads into this not-really-all-that-new territory, it still hasn't lost its style. I never worried about it having a plot in the first place (this goes for any series, by the way), all the elements I like are there - parody with a really close attention to detail, toy commercials and Oomori (the human) opening a door with her butt. So maybe that last one is only specific to this episode. But seeing Nostradamus brought in is always entertaining. If anything, the balancing act of keeping this story going on top of parodies on top of the show's usual fourth wall breaking and running gags that don't have to do with the above two is making for something entertaining. It's a slightly different beast than Joshiraku was, but I think I may end up liking this even more than SeiZon.
Old 2012-11-23, 15:54   Link #275
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Visual Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Even as the show treads into this not-really-all-that-new territory, it still hasn't lost its style. I never worried about it having a plot in the first place (this goes for any series, by the way), all the elements I like are there - parody with a really close attention to detail, toy commercials and Oomori (the human) opening a door with her butt. So maybe that last one is only specific to this episode. But seeing Nostradamus brought in is always entertaining. If anything, the balancing act of keeping this story going on top of parodies on top of the show's usual fourth wall breaking and running gags that don't have to do with the above two is making for something entertaining. It's a slightly different beast than Joshiraku was, but I think I may end up liking this even more than SeiZon.
My Favorite Episode. some say next one will be the best one (probably because dragon ball reference). but i prefer ep 8 since it have greatest plot twist ever!

seriously, who thought Nostradamus predict there is person that able turn girls into zombie slave just by spreading the pheromone.

Old 2012-11-23, 19:16   Link #276
Seihai
スマイリウム

Nostradamus predicted a pheromone shota beast?! Man, I haven't seen such nonsense since I don't know when. <-compliment
Old 2012-11-23, 19:20   Link #277
Midonin
Last Engage

As fun as this Nostradamus stuff is, episode 6 is one of my favorites. Both for the great amount of yuri subtext and for the Shaider homage. So many toku homages are either Rider or Sentai, that having one for Metal Heroes (besides Granbelion) is really nice.
Old 2012-12-01, 00:58   Link #278
Seihai
スマイリウム

Episode 9 topped episode 8. It ranges from a plethora of DBZ parodies to a declaration of a lolicon to a spaceman being there for brief yaoi fanservice and then it ends with a finale set in outer space with a vision of Goku'sKyouko's dreams. What the hell did I just watch?
Old 2012-12-01, 01:38   Link #279
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Episode 9 topped episode 8. It ranges from a plethora of DBZ parodies to a declaration of a lolicon to a spaceman being there for brief yaoi fanservice and then it ends with a finale set in outer space with a vision of Goku'sKyouko's dreams. What the hell did I just watch?
The Sailor Moon and DBZ episodes are the best!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 19:22   Link #280
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

BD special

NSFW

Tags
romantic comedy, seinen